Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Cowdenbeath (Fife Cup) - Naysmith in charge

Wasn't overly bothered about this match, however with this being Gary Naysmith's side now I'll certainly take a much closer look.

Be very interesting to see how he lines up, especially striker wise. I'm thinking of Tuta specifically who seems to have just dropped off the radar.

I'm sure most of us there will also be looking at the stands to see if there are any recognisable faces in there watching us

Re: Cowdenbeath (Fife Cup) - Naysmith in charge

I'd have no issues with naysmith getting the job full time.

I'm all for it.

If he wants it and doesn't get it, we'll no doubt loose him as a player.

Is this game on tonight?

From the cowden site.....

Cowdenbeath FC travel to East Fife this Thursday to play their Fife Cup Tie. Both sides are without a match Saturday and will play full strength sides for the match.

Why not get along to New Bayview and support the team.

East Fife have confirmed that supporters will be welcome in their lounge and in Jimmy’s bar on Thursday before and after the match. Both bars will be open from 6.00pm.

Thanks for that penpal should have known to look on the cowden website.

topper
Thanks for that penpal should have known to look on the cowden website.

From The EF website:

Fife Cup tie

Tuesday, 19 November 2013 18:58

PDF Print E-mail

Fife Cup tie - East Fife v Cowdenbeath

Thursday 28th November 2013, Bayview Stadium. KO 7.30pm

Entry is £5 and £3 concessions. 1st Teams will be playing from both sides.

Had to look again to find notice of this game on the EF site.
Should be good, with a decent crowd (Hopefully) and a fiver won't break the bank.

2-1 cowdenbeath. Liam Buchanan with our goal.

Pretty dull game. Same tactics as normal until the second half when Cedric was introduced.

That'll be your season finished as far as cups go then.You can now concentrate on getting relegated.Have a nice season hee haw hee haw.You are Fife's wee team.

see u manky cunts in league 1 next year

You've got no history you've got no history

There's no chance you will see us in Division 1 next season,cause you lot won't be there.

cowdengelly
There's no chance you will see us in Division 1 next season,cause you lot won't be there.

So it was raithman yesterday and cowdengelly today then?

You are one sad fuck.

They are all sad fucks who are jealous of Fife’s #1 team – The mighty East Fife! I would not post on any other teams site as I don’t need that kind of sexual satisfaction! Wank away little boys……..

What are you lot on about,there is only one big team in Fife and that's the mighty Pars.You lot just make up the numbers.Get a life and stop being annoying you little farts.we'll be back in the Premier in a couple of seasons,where will your lot be,third division I think.well enjoy the exciting trips you are going to have I don't think.

You'll have folded and ceased to exist before you get anywhere near the Premier my deluded friend.

And can you please learn to construct proper sentences and take some grammar lessons before you come back here again you simpleton.

parsno1
What are you lot on about,there is only one big team in Fife and that's the mighty Pars.You lot just make up the numbers.Get a life and stop being annoying you little farts.we'll be back in the Premier in a couple of seasons,where will your lot be,third division I think.well enjoy the exciting trips you are going to have I don't think.

Second to Rangers in the league and second to Rangers in screwing both large and small businesses by spending money you never had. Pars are a credit to Fife and a role model for teams trying to live within their means.
I would have thought that after leaving a trail of debt behind you a little humility would have been in order but there you go !

parsno1

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha.

Deluded.

Listen ya wee diddy morons,you will never rise above the level of mediocrity that's where you will remain,it's the third division for your lot next season.Now go back into your corner as you are about as annoying as a pluke on your arse.

Hey – I like tae squeeze the pluke on ma arse! Unfortunately, you mentioned the key word – mediocrity. That about sums it up for all of us!

albatexas
Hey – I like tae squeeze the pluke on ma arse! Unfortunately, you mentioned the key word – mediocrity. That about sums it up for all of us!

I disagree with that actually. What is more of an achievement, 4 x senior football teams existing in Fife, struggling to keep financially stable (well the Fife don't, but the others do ), with small crowds. Or do you think it more of an achievement to have the backing of unlimited funds from multi-billionaires and winning the Champions League?

I don't think it is mediocre, because despite which Fife team is the highest or lowest placed in the league set up, when they play each other, there is no mediocrity. Far from it, only a huge desire to beat each other and we fans like to go to these games.

Do you like watching any Premier League game or do you, like me, switch the telly over because a lot of them are just plain boring and mean nothing to you?

We made a profit are you lot likely to,I don't think so.Out of all the cups maybe one or two games left with newco,you put all your eggs in one basket and it's jumped up and slapped you in the face.

raithman
We made a profit are you lot likely to,I don't think so.Out of all the cups maybe one or two games left with newco,you put all your eggs in one basket and it's jumped up and slapped you in the face.

Made a profit of £80000, pretty good. Still £650000 in debt, hardly a celebration!! Worst case you could rent out 'your' stadium for Coldplay to play at!! Oh wait, you don't even own your stadium! Shit club.

Aye , and do you know who owns yours?

raithman
Aye , and do you know who owns yours?
And your obsession with East Fife continues. What a sad life you have!