Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
The New manager is

Taxi driver Billy Mcphee or Taxi driver Zak

Re: The New manager is

Yyy

Okay, Willie is a taxi driver and he managed the Fife. It didnt work out but no need to go on about him being a taxi driver. Danny De Vito was in taxi and he went on to a bigger and better career!!!!

Yyy

What is the point in this thread ? REALLY ? FFS . IDIOT

mr305
Yyy

What is the point in this thread ? REALLY ? FFS . IDIOT

What is the point of most of these post

Gladstone Fifer
Yyy

Okay, Willie is a taxi driver and he managed the Fife. It didnt work out but no need to go on about him being a taxi driver. Danny De Vito was in taxi and he went on to a bigger and better career!!!!

Billy and Zak are taxi drivers

Gladstone Fifer
Yyy

Billy and Zak are taxi drivers oI

I think the new east fife manger will be Colin Carmeon

Kevin Drinkell

Colin h
I think the new east fife manger will be Colin Carmeon

He's going to Morton.

Where about dose it say he's going to Morton cos its not on there page if so that sucks

Colin h
Where about dweose it say he's going to Morton cos its not on there page if so that sucks

We don't want him anyway

Why not he do a great job I no he was at Cowdenbeath what a job he did there he wolud do great at east fife if not him we shound try for Paul Harley

Paul Harley, or Hartley as he's better known, is currently manager of a Championship side and in the running for the Inverness job. Why on earth would he even consider dropping down to manage us?!!! We need to get real here!!

Fat Doug
Paul Harley, or Hartley as he's better known, is currently manager of a Championship side and in the running for the Inverness job. Why on earth would he even consider dropping down to manage us?!!! We need to get real here!!

Have you read that guys other posts Doug, c'mon, he's at it.

colin he is going to Morton price at bookies dropped from 33-1 to evens, Naysmith and hegarty the dream team will do for me

Jim Moffat Jr
colin he is going to Morton price at bookies dropped from 33-1 to evens, Naysmith and hegarty the dream team will do for me

Every team hegarty has been at have been relegated
Not for me

well i dont think so morton fans say hes not going to morton hope we get a job manger not someone crap

Yyy
Jim Moffat Jr

Not for me

Agree, we can surely do better than a Naysmith/Hegarty (whose managerial record does not inspire confidence) combo. Happy for Gary to stay as assistant and gain experience but no more rookie managers please!

mate wolud u like billy reid as east fife manger or crige levein ?

Yyy
Jim Moffat Jr

Not for me

Every team ? Forfar in 1992 lets not forget that.

...compare say the jambos management team of locke and brown ??

Allegedly 20 applications for the job. Not really any fan or media speculation regarding who these guys are. No matter who any club appoints there will always be some fans come up with negatives. I hope the board are looking at the merits of all these potential managers, and coming up with a short list. I can only hope we are doing something that hasn't been done for a while at bayview, that is interviewing the best out of the 20 and listening to what their vision for the club would be, and how they plan to achieve this. This is a big call this time round because if we get this wrong again the basement of Scottish football is just around the corner. I know some guys do not fancy Hegarty and Naysmith but I have said all along that I am happy with this. However I do not know who fancies the job, so it might be at the interview process someone is able to sell their vision for east fifes future. No point in knocking any one before they have had a chance. So lets wait and see who the chairman and board come up with, I trust the chairman will have an idea of what he wants at the interview process. I have heard great things from football people regarding the potential of scott severin . Not a bad shout for a rookie boss if we go down that road. Hope we get some news before long, because the new man got a big job on his hands, and he will be needing to work some magic in the January transfer window.

neil mccann wants the east fife job i have heard great news

colin h
neil mccann wants the east fife job i have heard great news

Another Hearts connected guy with no managerial experience? Yes that's just what we need right now.

Next!

And if we're touting ex Hearts guys, I'm still throwing Paul Ritchie's name into the ring!

Now free in Vancouver and looking for his next move. May be a bit of a step down from MLS to Scottish League 1 mind you but I have spoken with him about it and he didn't just laugh!

Dream team Gary locke and Billy brown. Funny old thing that hearts are throwing away goals wi bb involved.