Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
New signing + brief managerial update

The club has signed forward Blair Henderson and he goes straight into the squad for Saturday. Lee is hoping to have more news for us before the end of the week.

When questioned on Twitter about any news on the managers post, he said:

" not yet still accepting applications no hurry need to get it right "

Re: New signing + brief managerial update

Why are we signing players without a manager in place???

Quite simples the ones we have just now are no where good enough. Looks like Naysmith going to be given a chance to see if he can make a silk purse out a pigs ear.

King Kebab
Why are we signing players without a manager in place???

Hardly a massive commitment if he's on a short term deal - prob to Jan. Our goals for record ( Liam apart) suggests we need fresh blood and fast.

Don't necessarily see this as an indication that Gary is a stick on for the job - more Lee is prepared to take the risk that IF another manager comes in it won't break the club if he decides ( or the lad decides himself) that he's not part of the plans for the medium term

Glad club is taking time to appoint new manager. Find it strange we've signed a player despite having no manager tho.

Henderson rejected a new contract at DAFC to go on trial with Hearts. Because he was offered a new contract, came through the Pars' youth system and is under the age of 23, compensation is due to the East End Park club by the next team he signs with (which is now know as East Fife!).

Quote from DAFC's Official Website earlier on this season:
"Blair Henderson, a member of last season's SFA Youth Cup final team, has also played as a trialist in the Hearts U20s recently but the SFA have copies of a contract that was offered by Dunfermline to the player.
Henderson failed to return to Dunfermline for pre season training and Jefferies explained-
"We did it all officially, doing what we had to do before a certain time. He can move; your option when you are out of contract is to move but he is under 23 years of age so there would be some compensation due. Good luck to the boy, if he signs for Hearts he will have signed for a great club. Hearts will do the honourable thing, they have done so in the past but we saw something in him, we wanted to keep the boy."

fan 67
Quite simples the ones we have just now are no where good enough. Looks like Naysmith going to be given a chance to see if he can make a silk purse out a pigs ear.

Fan 67. What a dick you are. "nowhere good enough" seems to me that you are "nowhere good enough" at judging players or being a supporter of East Fife.

Liam is not good enough?
Gary is not good enough?
Cedric not good enough?
Ross not good enough?

Need I go on??

Change your name to FANNY 67!!.

Fifey
fan 67

Fan 67. What a dick you are. "nowhere good enough" seems to me that you are "nowhere good enough" at judging players or being a supporter of East Fife.

Liam is not good enough?
Gary is not good enough?
Cedric not good enough?
Ross not good enough?

Need I go on??

Obnoxious arsehole.

Magnum PI
Fifey
fan 67

Liam is not good enough?
Gary is not good enough?
Cedric not good enough?
Ross not good enough?

Need I go on??

Obnoxious arsehole.

Now, now, everyone is entitled to their opinion. If you post a negative comment, be prepared for a backlash. This site is not solely for those who like to have a go at East Fife players and management etc. It is also for others who actually like the club they support.

Fifey
fan 67

Liam is not good enough?
Gary is not good enough?
Cedric not good enough?
Ross not good enough?

Need I go on??

I think it would be fair to say that Willis, McBride, Stoney, Stewart, Moosavi etc aren't good enough.

100% Agree with Chump!8-)]

Fifey
fan 67

Liam is not good enough?
Gary is not good enough?
Cedric not good enough?
Ross not good enough?

Need I go on??

So Fifey, someone expresses a perfectly reasonable point of view and you respond with 'dick' and 'fanny'. That's a mature and grown up response.

I actually agree with your view that many of our players are in fact good enough, but was the abuse necessary?

Grim Reaper
Fifey
fan 67

Liam is not good enough?
Gary is not good enough?
Cedric not good enough?
Ross not good enough?

Need I go on??

So Fifey, someone expresses a perfectly reasonable point of view and you respond with 'dick' and 'fanny'. That's a mature and grown up response.

I actually agree with your view that many of our players are in fact good enough, but was the abuse necessary?

GR.
I agree that my choice of words was not the best and anyone that knows me will know that I am not a bad lad actually but it just really hurts me to read posts from our supporters slagging our players. Fan 67s post was a direct slating of the team, not just one or two players. Also pigs ear, silk purse, c'mon F67!!!!.

Why do supporters like f67 not realise how damn lucky east fife are right now. Nobody is investing in lower league clubs in this day and age, we are very lucky to have this investment. Look at our history, when were we last fulltime? Not even those legends on the park a few weeks ago, not one of them were fulltime. Ok, on the pitch not great right now but off the pitch our club is taking massive strides and surely it's only a matter of time before the results will go our way.

GR. thanks for your comments which prompted my reasons for slating of F67.
F67. Pease?