Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Interview with Gary Naysmith

Another excellent video from Graeme Mackay on East Fife TV.

https://vimeo.com/81281666 & http://eastfifefc.info/ef-tv

Comes across very well. Certainly wouldn't oppose Gary a crack at the whip. Seems so knowledgeable about the game, for once I really enjoyed listening to what our manager had to say.

Re: Interview with Gary Naysmith

Gary comes across as a very proffessional person who is hell bent on taking East Fife forward. One complaint regarding the interviewers, keep it serious and proffessional please guys, the Rooney/van Persie comments made Gary uncomfortable. Show him respect please.

That was the national press not our guys

If EF.TV are doing the interview the national press should just stand there, listen and show some respect for our TV team, cant see sky sports letting angus jump in with a few questions ??

Brilliant interview - well done all.

Gary came across really well and he obviously wants the job.

I would feel confident that we could move forward under Gary.

Liam Anderson
That was the national press not our guys

Liam. Apologies, didn't know nationals were there. It sounded like they were taking the mick a wee bit and Gary looked uncomfortable.

Yet another ROOKIE manager isn't the answer!

PLEASE GOD, let common sense prevail.

Magnum PI

For God Sake man give the guy a chance eh lol..We won and played some good football surely that's a step in the right direction. With his wealth of experience not to mention that of Paul Hegarty and Dougie Andersons enthusiasm.In my humble opinion we can do a lot worse... Give it time Methil was'nt built in a day

Edinburgh EFFC

I Agree 100% !!

Magnum PI

Yeah let's go for someone that used to be a rookie manager then got SACKED instead. Someone who's been REJECTED from the last umpteen jobs they applied for.

What good is 49 international caps and 7 years of EPL experience anyway. We need someone with hoof it and chase it experience. Someone who sees the value in a central midfield hatchet man over youths that try the technical stuff.

Fifey
Gary comes across as a very proffessional person who is hell bent on taking East Fife forward. One complaint regarding the interviewers, keep it serious and proffessional please guys, the Rooney/van Persie comments made Gary uncomfortable. Show him respect please.

It was only a bit of banter. Gary would not mind, he is bigger than petty gripes like this. As for blaming the national press, we should be relieved they are still interested. And if Gary gets the job he will raise our profile nationally which can only be good for the club.

blujag1250
Edinburgh EFFC

I Agree 100% !!

Thought gary came across superbly. Would be happy with him and Hegarty getting the jobs.

Noisy Crossbar
Magnum PI

Yeah let's go for someone that used to be a rookie manager then got SACKED instead. Someone who's been REJECTED from the last umpteen jobs they applied for.

What good is 49 international caps and 7 years of EPL experience anyway. We need someone with hoof it and chase it experience. Someone who sees the value in a central midfield hatchet man over youths that try the technical stuff.

Given our history of "rookie! managers i would have thought it obvious to tread carefully, no?

Or are you just another one of the kids on here who get a hard on after 1 win and before we know it we`re gona make the play offs?

Get real for fucks sake. I`ve been following this club long enough to realise that the next big fuck up is just round the corner. All i`m saying is lets see whats out there before appointing yet another untried rookie manager.

Dave McLean Rookie Manager
Scot Symon Rookie Manager
Jimmy Bonthrone Rookie Manager
Pat Quinn Rookie Manager
Dave Clarke Rookie Manager
Steve Archibald Rookie Manager

Steve Crawford
Gordon Durie
Billy Brown
Willie Aitchison

All disasters in the space of 5 years!

Roy Barry Rookie Manager
Gavin Murray Rookie Manager
Steve Kirk Rookie Manager
Rab Shannon Rookie Manager
Steve Crawford Rookie Manager
Gordon Durie Rookie Manager
Billy Brown Rookie Manager
Willie Aitchison Rookie Manager

Your point only proves that it has nothing to do with appointing a rookie manager, it's about appointing the RIGHT manager.

Our best managers have ALL been rookie managers. Simple as that.

Magnum PI smells like SPF to me.

Good interview and Gary comes across with real passion and enthusiasm for the job. Lets see how we get on at Airdrie before Lee and co have a decision to make, but the signs look promising.

am like poo shoot, great interview and he comes across like a person who should be in-charge of the club and looks like a manager-type.
am happy if him and Hegarty stay at the club and hopefully we get the result we want next week in Lanarkshire that lee and the rest of the board members make their decision. after yestarday's win things are starting to look great and signs of a change at the club going forward.

Father Dowling
Magnum PI smells like SPF to me.

You would know bum sniffer