Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Brechin Score

HALF-TIME SCL1 East Fife 0 - 1 Brechin

Bawz!

Re: Brechin Score

GOAL! SCL1 East Fife 0 - 2 Brechin Barr 53:41'

GOAL! SCL1 East Fife 1 - 2 Brechin Stewart 70:01'

GOAL! SCL1 East Fife 1 - 3 Brechin Carcary 88:57'
Bummer :(

Very poor today. Don't know where people get that we should be doing a lot better than we are. Very poor team and 6 or 7 that should be nowhere near this level. Stay up this season and let Naysmith clear out and bring his own players in. No wingers and no full backs and no fight in midfield. Bad day at the office but still above the bottom 2 so all good! Mon the Fife!

Agree 100%

piss poor today and not worth a tenner!

Good clearout required asap.

Very very poor today! Once again we gift wrap the opposition 3 points! Schoolboy defending! Too many players are simply not good enough!

What is it with officials aswell! Week in week out we see officials who are clueless! Denied a clear penalty for handball at 2.1! I would like the refs to explain themselves after the game, how can a Brechin defender partially block a cross with his hand/arm whilst his arms are in the air and no penalty is given? Strange!

Good crowd in home end today! Let's hope Naysmith can keep us up and build his own team. Hope Buchanan is fit for next game, we looked better when he come on. Piss poor today tho.

First visit to Bayview for a while, but the long ball to the front men seemed to have
Made a reappearance, hope this was just a one off, as we were playing some
nice football although not getting the results under Wullie A. Never been a Paul
Hegarty fan, but willing to give him a chance with Naysmith. Think young Fash
played well today, but needs to get a wee run beside Liam B. Cant understand
how Durie wasnt playing right back with Fisher in midfield. Definately missed
Mbu beside Stevie Campbell. For me Johnny Stewart has been the big
Disappointment, has never showed his true colours since signing. Lets see what
the next few weeks bring

Fash played well? You must have been watching a different game to me. I know he's a young boy and all that stuff but I thought he was poor. Nevermind, things can only get better.

Guess that is how football is all about opinions then

Canonbaw Billy
Guess that is how football is all about opinions then
Very true. I'm probably being a bit harsh by saying he was poor, just didn't think he was good. Only as good as the players around you I suppose.

Agreed Football today was very poor today, cannot understand why Jonathan Stewart still gets in the team. Agreed football under Wullie was much better but we were just unfortunate with results. Not a big hegarty fan either buy I will reserve my judgement and give them a chance.

A very disappointing afternoon, we were poor all over the park and were a well beaten team in all honesty. On the back of 2 victories I was looking for us to start at a fast tempo, but we let Brechin ease into their stride. The sad thing was it was back to school boy defending, big joe a big miss today. All 3 goals were poor at the back. Gary will have learned a few things today we need two full backs pronto, and we desperately need width in the team. Thought Ryan Stewart did fine when he came on as did Liam. I said a few weeks back on here that major surgery was needed in January, and nothing I seen today has changed my mind.

Why are some people not a fan of hegarty . He was a fantastic player who played under a great manager. He could be the experienced partner gary needs . Why is hegarty not on cntract ?

Agree Paul Hegarty can hardly be blamed for the poor quality of player that is on the books of east fife. On that display today even at 59 years of age he could have defended better than that himself.

LOOKS LIKE THE HONEYMOONS OVER THEN

Think we need to be patient and keep things in perspective.

Will take time to improve the team/squad.

Mr Happy
Agreed Football today was very poor today, cannot understand why Jonathan Stewart still gets in the team. Agreed football under Wullie was much better but we were just unfortunate with results. Not a big hegarty fan either buy I will reserve my judgement and give them a chance.

Boys have you Read this pish. Football was better wi willie. Un fuckin believable tell you what we lost today and some of The players were poor. But rather that than watching a fuckin bluffer muddle us rhrough wwith daft laddie tactics. Gary will turn this round.
Great effort in sectionA from a group of singers

Can't criticise Fash. He's young, has undoubted promise, and maybe playing alongside Liam we might have posed a threat, but Fash and Pat as the front two will not worry defences! The substitutions changed the game and, if fit, they should be the ones starting every week ... but surely Gary will know that!

As i said football is all about opinions

BT
Mr Happy

Boys have you Read this pish. Football was better wi willie. Un fuckin believable tell you what we lost today and some of The players were poor. But rather that than watching a fuckin bluffer muddle us rhrough wwith daft laddie tactics. Gary will turn this round.
That's my opinion, think you need to calm down with your language. I personally thought the football has been better this season despite the results, than previous years since we had Stevie Crawford in charge. But heyho,it shows a lack of intelligence to use foul language my gran always said.

Any manager that inherits that bunch of players will struggle. There are 4 or 5 good players in the squad. However there are even more passengers. Jonny Stewart is a prime example, could have been sent off for being powder puff pathetic tackles are his game.Get Ross Brown back in the middle, he can tackle and run with the ball. Incidentally two things that J Stewart fails to do in every game. Full backs are a problem and I think Gary should play. Durie started the season well but then got dropped, but still think he is better there than a CB and MF. Also have to say that R Stewart deserves a game, personally think that Barr struggled today and last week.
3rd goal was a joke, Thomson got away with doing the same thing against Airdrie. In that game people can blame conditions but positioning and attacking the ball is a CB's job.
For Naysmith to succeed he needs to play players in their correct positions, as most of them aren't good enough without being asked to do another job. This is a much poorer squad than last year and that is saying something. If Buchanan was fit today he should have started, as I can't see what Pat Clarkes offers. Gary should try Henderson and Buchanan as they both done more than the other two when they came on.

Fassh played well? Were you at the game

Think the best eleven at the moment would probably be:

Paterson

Durie, Mbu (Campbell), Thomson, Johnstone

Brown, Fisher, Hughes, R Stewart

Buchanan, Henderson

Austin is nowhere near good or experienced enough to lead the line at this level. His time may come but for the moment leave him on the bench as an impact player. Hopefully Liam will be fully fit now and agree that Henderson should be given a few games with him up front. Team selection yesterday was a bit odd mind.

But clearly the quality level overall isn't great. Gary will have done well to keep us in this league given what he has been left with and it is absolutely vital that we are in this league next season.

Agree with most of the posts . Very very disappointing yesterday. Bad defending all three Brechin goals came from our right side. Fisher needs to be in midfield where he can drive at opposition defences along with Hughes who tried hard but others in midfield were ineffective. Ryan Stewart did well when he came on with speed and directness worth s start. Shows we need two good midfielders/wingers to get to goal line and create chances. Hard on forwards who are getting the ball with backs to goal this may be the reason we have such o low goals for tally. Yesterday was same old same old from this season. If we are being honest the home games we won ie Arbroath and stenny we ended the game hanging on by our fingernails.

Sum up yesterday's game. Goalkeeper competent
Right back would get a better return from fisher in midfield. Surely we can choose between durie thom dutton thomson(when joe s fit)
Campbell gets pass marks
Midfield only Hughes looked capable
Forwards not getting much chances created for them

Again very disappointing hope things turn around soon and I will be one of the first to compliment the team when deserved

Mr Happy
BT
Mr Happy

That's my opinion, think you need to calm down with your language. I personally thought the football has been better this season despite the results, than previous years since we had Stevie Crawford in charge. But heyho,it shows a lack of intelligence to use foul language my gran always said.

Mr Happy yes my use of language was poor. However in my opinion you are living in a world of make believe if you recognise willie A's footballing standards as being what should be followed. He had us fanning about assembled an unbalanced squad from which he had no idea how to get a performance out of them. This is what GN has been left with. Now come on tell me how exactly are you wanting to see EF play, because if it is what I think you want, you are another victim of armchair la liga and match of the day watching. Simples we have part time Div 1 players, poor training facilities and fans who think they can pay a tenner and watch Brazil. Go down B&Q and get yourself a White board some magnets and work us out some tactics to get our team a 5-0 win every week oh and while you are at it George Happy Best go get yer bits Heyho as your old granny used to say. Here you are Happy play wi this dolly the big boys will let you play fitba when you know what your doing.

BT
Mr Happy
BT
Mr Happy

Mr Happy yes my use of language was poor. However in my opinion you are living in a world of make believe if you recognise willie A's footballing standards as being what should be followed. He had us fanning about assembled an unbalanced squad from which he had no idea how to get a performance out of them. This is what GN has been left with. Now come on tell me how exactly are you wanting to see EF play, because if it is what I think you want, you are another victim of armchair la liga and match of the day watching. Simples we have part time Div 1 players, poor training facilities and fans who think they can pay a tenner and watch Brazil. Go down B&Q and get yourself a White board some magnets and work us out some tactics to get our team a 5-0 win every week oh and while you are at it George Happy Best go get yer bits Heyho as your old granny used to say. Here you are Happy play wi this dolly the big boys will let you play fitba when you know what your doing.
I believe I'm not the only person to say the football has been better this season, even on this thread, compared to previous tenures. But that's the problem with this forum, u get people like you "keyboard warriors" that just want to cause and stir arguments. I make one point about the football being good in some spells this season and you go on a big rant about how I expect la liga football and to win every week, c'mon gimmie a break.

Jimbob
Think the best eleven at the moment would probably be:

Paterson

Durie, Mbu (Campbell), Thomson, Johnstone

Brown, Fisher, Hughes, R Stewart

Buchanan, Henderson
I agree with most of that but stonie and durie at full back is a no no. If you look back all our games this season you will see that durie and thom are at fault for a large proportion of the goals against column. Stonie looked very poor at full back last 3 games. Much better with his energy in the middle of the park. Hope Mbu fit for next week as we will need him to blunt big kyles threat. Then either Campbell or Thomson can go to right back . If Gary doesn't want to play himself I would give Dutoit a chance at left back.

Mr Happy
BT
Mr Happy
BT
Mr Happy

Mr Happy yes my use of language was poor. However in my opinion you are living in a world of make believe if you recognise willie A's footballing standards as being what should be followed. He had us fanning about assembled an unbalanced squad from which he had no idea how to get a performance out of them. This is what GN has been left with. Now come on tell me how exactly are you wanting to see EF play, because if it is what I think yo want, you are another victim of armchair la liga and match of the day watching. Simples we have part time Div 1 players, poor training facilities and fans who think they can pay a tenner and watch Brazil. Go down B&Q and get yourself a White board some magnets and work us out some tactics to get our team a 5-0 win every week oh and while you are at it George Happy Best go get yer bits Heyho as your old granny used to say. Here you are Happy play wi this dolly the big boys will let you play fitba when you know what your doing.
I believe I'm not the only person to say the football has been better this season, even on this thread, compared to previous tenures. But that's the problem with this forum, u get people like you "keyboard warriors" that just want to cause and stir arguments. I make one point about the football being good in some spells this season and you go on a big rant about how I expect la liga football an
to win every week, c'mon gimmie a break.
[
F]
Fair one Mr Happy you deserve a break you were subjected to moronic ranting from my alterego who try's to dominate my after match thoughts. Keyboard warrior na just can't see any point in rubbishing players when when The new manager has just started to sort out The taxi drivers mess.

BT
Mr Happy
BT
Mr Happy
BT
Mr Happy

Mr Happy yes my use of language was poor. However in my opinion you are living in a world of make believe if you recognise willie A's footballing standards as being what should be followed. He had us fanning about assembled an unbalanced squad from which he had no idea how to get a performance out of them. This is what GN has been left with. Now come on tell me how exactly are you wanting to see EF play, because if it is what I think yo want, you are another victim of armchair la liga and match of the day watching. Simples we have part time Div 1 players, poor training facilities and fans who think they can pay a tenner and watch Brazil. Go down B&Q and get yourself a White board some magnets and work us out some tactics to get our team a 5-0 win every week oh and while you are at it George Happy Best go get yer bits Heyho as your old granny used to say. Here you are Happy play wi this dolly the big boys will let you play fitba when you know what your doing.
I believe I'm not the only person to say the football has been better this season, even on this thread, compared to previous tenures. But that's the problem with this forum, u get people like you "keyboard warriors" that just want to cause and stir arguments. I make one point about the football being good in some spells this season and you go on a big rant about how I expect la liga football an
to win every week, c'mon gimmie a break.
[
F]
Fair one Mr Happy you deserve a break you were subjected to moronic ranting from my alterego who try's to dominate my after match thoughts. Keyboard warrior na just can't see any point in rubbishing players when when The new manager has just started to sort out The taxi drivers mess.

Nice 1

BT, Mr Happy.

You two need to get a grip of yourselfs. AFTN is no place for civility and respect - especially when there's a difference of opinion involved.

At the very least you could have let your dispute roll over until next time. Or until one of you accused the other of being jocky.

This truce has left me very uneasy and it's probably spoiled my Christmas. Shame on you both,

Noisy Crossbar
BT, Mr Happy.

You two need to get a grip of yourselfs. AFTN is no place for civility and respect - especially when there's a difference of opinion involved.

At the very least you could have let your dispute roll over until next time. Or until one of you accused the other of being jocky.

This truce has left me very uneasy and it's probably spoiled my Christmas. Shame on you both,

Are you SPF by any chance?

Peace to all men.........

Apart from the Fu!*i*g Rovers, Pars, Weegies, sheep shaggers and not
forgetting the dirty, smelly fannies from near lochgelly

Merry Xmas and a successful new year to pretty much everyone else !