Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Player updates. (Staying and gone)

Cyrus (The King) Moosavi is still at club got a bad injury and out for season.
Jack Smith has left as he wasn't in Gary Naysmiths plans
Cedric Tuta and Alexis Dutot are still at club for the time being.

Re: Player updates. (Staying and gone)

Doubt we will ever see Moosavi in a Fife strip again - he's more suited to Leven United type level. Can run all day but only puts in about 1 out of every 100 crosses

Can see a mini clearout in January, I think a few guys are out of contract and there's full timers not even making the match day squad. I doubt we can afford to be paying out wages for players who we aren't using and from what I've heard a few of them were only on 6 month contracts anyway. Having strength and depth is good but I'd rather see quality over quantity. Our 19s would be sufficient backup for the first team anyway.

Yeah lee said there will be a few coming in and a few leaving in the next few weeks.

Backing Gary with an 18 month deal is only one piece of the puzzle. We also need to back his choice of back room staff and give him the resources to build his own team.

GK, left back, right back, winger, striker, required. Along with tying down fisher and Hughes. Maybe bring in bouzid now that he's free.

And a 5 year deal for Buchanan. Has there been a better east fife player than Liam in the last 20 years?

We need to take a shot at promotion this season. Even if we don't manage it it will set the mindset for next year ....and of course help with season ticket renewals!

Noisy Crossbar
Has there been a better east fife player than Liam in the last 20 years?

Do you mean apart from Kevin Steele?

Here's a question -
who would you rather have - Liam Buchanan or Ryan Wallace?

Liam by a mile for me. Great player and a real winner

Both!

Liam does have far better hair. Probably the best hair in the division.

Jimbob
Here's a question -

Ryan Wallace

Jimbob
Here's a question -

Ryan unfortunately doesn't even look half the player he was with us, had quite a bad injury last season I think and by the looks of it has piled a bit of weight on, still a good striker at this level but has definitely lost a fair chunk of his pace which was often the key to his goals.

That being said, would take him back at Bayview alongside Liam in a heartbeat

Andrew Miller
Jimbob
Here's a question -

Ryan unfortunately doesn't even look half the player he was with us, had quite a bad injury last season I think and by the looks of it has piled a bit of weight on, still a good striker at this level but has definitely lost a fair chunk of his pace which was often the key to his goals.

That being said, would take him back at Bayview alongside Liam in a heartbeat

Well we might, the latest Pars financial crisis is only just around the corner...

I'd keep hold of Dutot and Tuta - both offer something.

A Trialist

I'd say so too based on what I've seen from them, but there must be a reason why both managers haven't really used them. Tuta in particular is often left out of the matchday squad altogether.

Michelle Fifer
A Trialist

I'd say so too based on what I've seen from them, but there must be a reason why both managers haven't really used them. Tuta in particular is often left out of the matchday squad altogether.

Dutot, when fit, would be in my starting 11 everytime, in the summertime it looked like him and Big Joe were going to be our first choice centre-backs both having an excellent pre-season and helping to lead us into a new League campaign full of optimism, but if you remember he got badly injured in the 1st game of the season (v Pars) and took quite a while to regain his fitness and to get back into the team but then in his absense Gary Thom came into a bit of form so he's kind of been shuffled about a bit since then. I've got a feeling Naysmith hasn't really seen what he can do in a match, hence the signing of Thomson!!!

Tuta i would keep as well but I get the feeling nobody knows what to do with him!!!

I can't remember which pre-season game it was, but there was one in particular where Dutot absolutely strolled through it.
I think he has something and remember Willie Aitchison saying he could play anywhere across the back.

Tuta...well he is capable. The match he played against the Celtic 11, he looked like a world beater. The flick against the Pars was very memorable. He does strike me though as being quite lazy and wont do the graft. I think the problem therefore is that he is a bit of a luxury type player.

If we want to be a side challenging for a promotion place, this is who we need to dispose of:

Paul Willis
Jonny Stewart
Cyrus Moosavi
Scott Mcbride
Scott Durie

Tall Fifer
If we want to be a side challenging for a promotion place, this is who we need to dispose of:

Paul Willis
Jonny Stewart
Cyrus Moosavi
Scott Mcbride
Scott Durie

Would be happy to lose Andrews and Johnston too.

Tall Fifer

Paul Willis
Jonny Stewart
Cyrus Moosavi
Scott Mcbride
Scott Durie

I would keep Willis, He'll be like a new signing when he's back from injury I reckon.

I think the squad is okay as it is, wouldn't get rid of anyone in particular. If Cyrus is out for the remainder of the season then I guess he could go, apart from that then the squad is fine! add a few additions to it and i'm sure we'll finish in a comfortable mid table position.

Guys like Durie, Willis, McBride etc...all play there part and on there day would merit a start. Willis especially has the quality to play week in week out.

As for Dutot and Tuta, we've all seen how effective they can be in glimpses and with a bit more playing time could both be extremely useful as we enter the 2nd half of the season!

Paterson
Thomson/Dutot Campbell Mbu Johnstone
Hughes Fisher
Willis Brown Barr/Clarke
Buchanan

That's the team I'd like to see at some point, like I said Gary will have players in mind who he would like to bring in but I would definitely wouldn't be dumping 6/7 players in January. Need a good squad not just a good starting 11.

Andrew Miller
I think the squad is okay as it is, wouldn't get rid of anyone in particular. If Cyrus is out for the remainder of the season then I guess he could go, apart from that then the squad is fine! add a few additions to it and i'm sure we'll finish in a comfortable mid table position.

Guys like Durie, Willis, McBride etc...all play there part and on there day would merit a start. Willis especially has the quality to play week in week out.

As for Dutot and Tuta, we've all seen how effective they can be in glimpses and with a bit more playing time could both be extremely useful as we enter the 2nd half of the season!

Paterson
Hughes Fisher
Willis Brown Barr/Clarke
Buchanan

That's the team I'd like to see at some point, like I said Gary will have players in mind who he would like to bring in but I would definitely wouldn't be dumping 6/7 players in January. Need a good squad not just a good starting 11.

No.

Chump
Andrew Miller

Paterson
Hughes Fisher
Willis Brown Barr/Clarke
Buchanan

No.

Well thought out response. I can only presume you are 12.

Willis?????????

Fucking hell. Brutal doesnt even come close.

Bah humbug
Willis?????????

Fucking hell. Brutal doesnt even come close.
Inside info informs me Willis had major fall out with WA before his injury but unknown what GN thinks of him. Tuta is unhappy and wants away and Dutot likewise. Expect both to leave in Jan. Durie was never a full back although I liked him going forward but too easy beat and passing was shocking. Pat Clarke has never lived up to his reputation and Johnny Stewart is also not good enough. Those are the players I fully expect to leave in January.

Reading this thread doesn't look like we will have many players left. Tell you what I would have Scott Mcbride every time rather than, Lewis Barr, and Scott Durie may have his weaknesses but he is streets ahead of playing fisher at RB

Nacho novo available also

A recognised left back would be nice. Doesn't look like Naysmith will play. I would love to know who signed the players and who decided which players where worth the FT contracts. Guys like J Stewart and Clarke barely justify a contract. Plus Tuta and Dutot are picking up FT wages for doing nothing.
Regarding Willis his attitude was questioned at Dunfermline and even said on his twitter that he only signed as he wanted to stay FT. At times he looked decent but most of the time he is powder puff.
The last two pre-seasons have been disastrous and we are at the half way point and still have no idea of our strongest team as we have to many players that play in the same positions.
We should aim to avoid the relegation play off as we have no chance at the other end. Hopefully Naysmith shows enough this season and then actually gets a chance to build a decent squad.

Not sure how helpful the comments on this post are - mainly very negative and hearsay.

Bad mouthing the players like this is not helping anyone.

Gary Naysmith will decide who will come and go as he has the facts and experience.

Bye bye

Willis
Mcbride
J Stewart
Moosavi
Clarke

We can start by getting rid of this lot, complete waste of a wage and I would love to know who thought Willis and Mcbride were worthy of ft contracts.

Keep

Brown
Hughes
Buchanan
Paterson
Campbell
Mbu

From what I've seen the above are worthy of staying on.the rest I'm not sure about. If we're to realise our ambition of playing championship football then Naysmith has a lot of hard work to do.

Edinburgh EFFC
Not sure how helpful the comments on this post are - mainly very negative and hearsay.

Gary Naysmith will decide who will come and go as he has the facts and experience.

What was that, i fell asleeo before The end

BT
Edinburgh EFFC

Probably because you have the attention span of a gnat.

DPH
Bye bye

Willis
Mcbride
J Stewart
Moosavi
Clarke

We can start by getting rid of this lot, complete waste of a wage and I would love to know who thought Willis and Mcbride were worthy of ft contracts.

Each has 6 months of his contract to run at least. You can't just scrap these contracts or walk away from them - that's why they're there.
So, who's going to foot the bill for that lot?

What is the point
I would love to know who signed the players and who decided which players where worth the FT contracts.

DPH
Bye bye

"and I would love to know who thought Willis and Mcbride were worthy of ft contracts.

You've got to laugh these guys eh? What difference does it make whether they know who signed who? Self important prats!

DPH
Bye bye

Willis
Mcbride
J Stewart
Moosavi
Clarke

Keep

Brown
Hughes
Buchanan
Paterson
Campbell
Mbu

From what I've seen the above are worthy of staying on.the rest I'm not sure about. If we're to realise our ambition of playing championship football then Naysmith has a lot of hard work to do.

What tactic will play 2-2-1? Some people on here are delusional, what's the point in scrapping half of our squad in January? Go through another 5/6 weeks of a new team gelling? Get rid of Moosavi, keep the rest, add 2/3. Simple as that.

Edinburgh EFFC
BT
Edinburgh EFFC

Probably because you have the attention span of a gnat.

Yep another easy catch, like taking sweeties off bairns.

DPH
Bye bye

Willis
Mcbride
J Stewart
Moosavi
Clarke

Keep

Brown
Hughes
Buchanan
Paterson
Campbell
Mbu

Agree 100%
Would add Durie to the bye bye list.

Get rid of everyone and let me and my fellow fat mates play instead. We wold be far better.

Back in reality maybe we just leave slagging tthem off, at The end of The day they all try hard for The team. What about moaning about The lack of atmosphere at Bayview with only a handful of fans ever really trying to lift th team. We are hardly The 12th man are we. Think as fans we should think about that as it is something we could change.

AFTN user
Get rid of everyone and let me and my fellow fat mates play instead. We wold be far better.

Back in reality maybe we just leave slagging tthem off, at The end of The day they all try hard for The team. What about moaning about The lack of atmosphere at Bayview with only a handful of fans ever really trying to lift th team. We are hardly The 12th man are we. Think as fans we should think about that as it is something we could change.

Agree completely - sadly posters like BT seem to think they pick the team and get some kind of perverse pleasure from knocking our own players - delusionary, including of their own adequacy probably.

Would be good to see them doing something positive to help the club.

Well said pal... Fed up o moaning fannys on ere your there to support East Fife FC no belittle them.as they say you can only work with the tools you have got so let's start a net year n get behind n support Gary n the team "MONTHEFIFE"

Mr E Fyffe
Well said pal... Fed up o moaning fannys on ere your there to support East Fife FC no belittle them.as they say you can only work with the tools you have got so let's start a net year n get behind n support Gary n the team "MONTHEFIFE"

Stop moaning Ya fanny!

Edinburgh EFFC
AFTN user

Agree completely - sadly posters like BT seem to think they pick the team and get some kind of perverse pleasure from knocking our own players - delusionary, including of their own adequacy probably.

Do something positive? They no doubt have paid money at the gate to watch and support the team for years, possibly decades. What more do you suggest? I have supported this club for 45 years and done nothing more than that either. Is that just not good enough any more?

Here again is the I'm a better supporter than you attitude, don't dare have any sort of opinion that in any way criticise the club or runs counter to my own beliefs. Because if you do I will question your loyalty.

But I guess you have delusions of your own self-importance eh?

Grim Reaper
Edinburgh EFFC
AFTN user

Do something positive? They no doubt have paid money at the gate to watch and support the team for years, possibly decades. What more do you suggest? I have supported this club for 45 years and done nothing more than that either. Is that just not good enough any more?

Here again is the I'm a better supporter than you attitude, don't dare have any sort of opinion that in any way criticise the club or runs counter to my own beliefs. Because if you do I will question your loyalty.

I would suggest not kicking the players and club when they are down and need help.

Think most supporters would agree with that.

Edinburgh EFFC
Grim Reaper
Edinburgh EFFC
AFTN user

Edinburgh EFFC you are a control freak mate we don't all think like you. Guys aren't putting boot into people they are commenting on who they think are the guys who should wear the strip. It is the modern day down the pub after the match comment from guys who love their club and still leap off the seat when the fife score. You just want us all to be Edinburgh EFFC robots. Would you suggest us all have a blanket message every week. Well done east fife you all played well, looking forward to standing in a massive qeue for a cold pie next week. If you don't recognise that everyone is entitled to there own view then that's fine but spare us the schoolboy lectures.

I would suggest not kicking the players and club when they are down and need help.

BT
Edinburgh EFFC
Grim Reaper
Edinburgh EFFC
AFTN user

Edinburgh EFFC you are a control freak mate we don't all think like you. Guys aren't putting boot into people they are commenting on who they think are the guys who should wear the strip. It is the modern day down the pub after the match comment from guys who love their club and still leap off the seat when the fife score. You just want us all to be Edinburgh EFFC robots. Would you suggest us all have a blanket message every week. Well done east fife you all played well, looking forward to standing in a massive qeue for a cold pie next week. If you don't recognise that everyone is entitled to there own view then that's fine but spare us the schoolboy lectures.

BT,the club is developing and progressing into more of a community club - we are all working together as a team to try and move the club forward.

Insulting the players, management, other supporters and even the pies without contributing anything positive at all to help the club move forward feels like the old way which has kept us in the lower divisions for years.

BT instead of pretending that you are picking the team, do something real to help the club.

Grim Reaper
Edinburgh EFFC
AFTN user

Back in reality maybe we just leave slagging them off, at The end of The day they all try hard for The team. What about moaning about The lack of atmosphere at Bayview with only a handful of fans ever really trying to lift th team. We are hardly The 12th man are we. Think as fans we should think about that as it is something we could change.

[/quote

Do know what the word support actually means GR? For starters, it does not mean - slagging off. Supported the club for 45 years my arse, you really mean slagged off every thing you get a chance to slag off about EF for 45 years. You were obviously one of the so-called supporters I used to get pissed off listening to your vitriol at Bayview since the sixties! Whinge, whinge, whinge is your idea of supporting.

Your choice of username says it all about yourself.

And you have just proved my point entirely about the self-important among us who feel that somehow they are better fans than the rest of us. M'Lud, I rest my case.

And speaking of choices of usernames Deary me!, I would think about changing yours as it gives the not very flattering impression of a curtain twitching, head shaking Daily Express reading reactionary auld wifey frustrated at being unable to make any sense of the modern world.

Worth thinking about anyway.

Grim Reaper
And you have just proved my point entirely about the self-important among us who feel that somehow they are better fans than the rest of us. M'Lud, I rest my case.

And speaking of choices of usernames Deary me!, I would think about changing yours as it gives the not very flattering impression of a curtain twitching, head shaking Daily Express reading reactionary auld wifey frustrated at being unable to make any sense of the modern world.

And what is your point? There is no relation to me or anybody else saying you are a whinging, moaning so & so and anybody being a better fan than anybody else.

I am clearly, only stating a fact that supporting does not mean whinging and slagging off - simple.

You seem to have a fixation about who is a better fan than anybody else, a clear sign that you have a low opinion of your own level of support for East Fife, the amount of times you are bringing it up.

Grim Reaper

Edinburgh EFFC, i realise you didn't like me pointing out that you were boring, but you are now taking The piss. What are you on ya dafty picking team, blah do something positive blah... sorry for sticking up for Mcbride and Durie, and mentioning that Barr isn't that great, or that fisher was poor at RB last week, thats what i said. How thats a crime in your wierd world i don't know, mind you Billy brown was probably your sort of guy been places done things. Mind police you won't win. Power to The people

Andrew Miller

Paterson
Hughes Fisher
Willis Brown Barr/Clarke
Buchanan

That comment is utterly ridiculous and shows what little, if any footballing knowledge you have.

Andrew Miller
DPH
Bye bye

Willis
Mcbride
J Stewart
Moosavi
Clarke

Keep

Brown
Hughes
Buchanan
Paterson
Campbell
Mbu

What tactic will play 2-2-1? Some people on here are delusional, what's the point in scrapping half of our squad in January? Go through another 5/6 weeks of a new team gelling? Get rid of Moosavi, keep the rest, add 2/3. Simple as that.
Where did I say Jan? I know players are on contracts and we can't change half the team in Jan. You say our squad is fine the way it is and you also backed Willie A right to end yet you call people delusional? Shahoorsir!!

DPH
Andrew Miller
DPH
Bye bye

Willis
Mcbride
J Stewart
Moosavi
Clarke

Keep

Brown
Hughes
Buchanan
Paterson
Campbell
Mbu

Where did I say Jan? I know players are on contracts and we can't change half the team in Jan. You say our squad is fine the way it is and you also backed Willie A right to end yet you call people delusional? Shahoorsir!!
Think there's too many knee-jerk reactions here. I still think the squad has enough quality to stay in the league. Getting rid of a majority of the squad will only cause more damage. Still think we should have gave WA till at least Jan to add additions but that's my opinion which I know you Will disagree with. Think us as fans should calm down, support the players we've got and give Gary the chance!!

I know DPH didn't mean Jan, was just making a general point

Mr Happy
I know DPH didn't mean Jan, was just making a general point
Yeah that's fine and fair post. The team will have my full support on Thurs in what is a huge game for both teams. There is quality in our squad but not enough to see us challenge at right end of table. if we can stay in this division and build for next season then I'll be delighted, if we did go down I'll still be here moaning and going to games.

DPH
Andrew Miller
DPH
Bye bye

Willis
Mcbride
J Stewart
Moosavi
Clarke

Keep

Brown
Hughes
Buchanan
Paterson
Campbell
Mbu

Yeah I did back him up until his last few games however unlike you I won't be calling for Naysmiths head in a few weeks if we don't bring players in and haven't won a game by the end of January!

Nobody will be calling for Naysmith's head but if we haven't won another game by the end of January then we will be relegated, the revolution will be fucked and the club doomed to perpetual shiteness.

Terracing Now!
Nobody will be calling for Naysmith's head

You jest! Several posters on here (mind you that could just be one person actually ), didn't want Gary to get the job. I hope we don't get to that situation and we haven't won a game by the end of January to prove it, but I would guarantee that the posts would be on here calling for his head - nothing surer!

Anyway, we will win on Thursday!

Andrew Miller

Paterson
Hughes Fisher
Willis Brown Barr/Clarke
Buchanan

Andrew Miller, people like you make my blood boil!!!!!!!
That team selection you have chosen is absolutely shite and would guarantee us relegation!
WILLIS? For the love of god are you fucking serious???
Stick to FIFA on xbox you total plumb!!!!!!

Andrew Miller
DPH
Andrew Miller
DPH
Bye bye

Willis
Mcbride
J Stewart
Moosavi
Clarke

Keep

Brown
Hughes
Buchanan
Paterson
Campbell
Mbu

Yeah I did back him up until his last few games however unlike you I won't be calling for Naysmiths head in a few weeks if we don't bring players in and haven't won a game by the end of January!
You don't half talk some shite son! That is all.

Mr V. Angry
Andrew Miller

Paterson
Hughes Fisher
Willis Brown Barr/Clarke
Buchanan

That team selection you have chosen is absolutely shite and would guarantee us relegation!

And what team would you play...you plumb...?

Andrew Miller
Mr V. Angry
Andrew Miller

Paterson
Hughes Fisher
Willis Brown Barr/Clarke
Buchanan

How much games do you attend Andrew to give your expert opinion on what the team should be?

"you plumb"

the verb 'to plumb' has many meanings:

1 to examine (something) in a careful and complete way in order to understand it
2 to experience or reach (something)
3 to install pipes for sinks, toilets, etc., in (a building or room)
4 to weight with lead
5 to measure the depth of with a plumb
6 to examine minutely and critically
7 to adjust or test by a plumb line
8 to seal with lead
9 to supply with or install as plumbing

Using the first definition, Andrew Miller, do you plumb completely the complexities of the East Fife formation and tactics before you post?

If you do this task to its entirety, I would consider this a 'total plumb'.

Eugene would be proud.

Blah blah blah

Wonder if the players have a list of fans they'd like to get rid of?

Happy new year

Mr V. Angry
Andrew Miller

Paterson
Hughes Fisher
Willis Brown Barr/Clarke
Buchanan

Mr.V.A.
Would you criticise M.Willis face to face? If not, then you are a coward for making your comments by keyboard.

Whatever our team is and the way we play, it would be nice to see a few players with a bit of physicality, character and a real will to win. Oh an inspirational leader on the field would help too. We have for years been a soft touch, the sort of team all opponents want to face when there is a need to pick up a few easy points. The 2003 promotion team for example were not the most subtle or most skilful in the league, but by god I can't imagine anyone enjoyed playing against them given that most of them fulfilled the criteria I mentioned at the top.

Terracing Now!
Whatever our team is and the way we play, it would be nice to see a few players with a bit of physicality, character and a real will to win. Oh an inspirational leader on the field would help too. We have for years been a soft touch, the sort of team all opponents want to face when there is a need to pick up a few easy points. The 2003 promotion team for example were not the most subtle or most skilful in the league, but by god I can't imagine anyone enjoyed playing against them given that most of them fulfilled the criteria I mentioned at the top.

TN. Positive sensible post without criticising individuals. Refreshing.

Cheers Fifey, I rarely get praised!

My point really is that it's a certain type of player we seem to be lacking rather than any individuals as such. I'm sure Gary Naysmith is well aware of where the teams deficiencies lie much more than a part-time punter like me mind.

Terracing Now!

Great post. One of the many things we lack on the park is a spirited leader, a captain who will kick arses when needed, keep things organised and lead by example. There were about 9 players in the 03 side who could've filled that role with ease.

Fifey
Mr V. Angry
Andrew Miller

Paterson
Hughes Fisher
Willis Brown Barr/Clarke
Buchanan

Mr.V.A.
Would you criticise M.Willis face to face? If not, then you are a coward for making your comments by keyboard.

I don't know how anyone can criticise Paul he's been out injured for 12 week can't you at least wait until he's had a few games before you start your crap.

In all fairness to Mr V Angry, Willis was pretty poor way before he was injured.
Just saying it as it is likes.

Cr
Andrew Miller
Mr V. Angry
Andrew Miller

Paterson
Hughes Fisher
Willis Brown Barr/Clarke
Buchanan

How much games do you attend Andrew to give your expert opinion on what the team should be?

I don't attend games as often as I used too but I've seen enough to know who I'd like to see play based on their performances etc...Also at no point did I say this was the team who should be picked, I clearly said this is the team I WOULD like to see.

You`re still a plumb.

AFTN user

The greatest post I have ever seen on AFTN

BlackandGold
AFTN user

The greatest post I have ever seen on AFTN

Really?

Grammar is shocking.

noticed big cedric was sending tweets today and his location was in France. saw dutot at that game though.

Was going to start a new topic on this but i heard that Brown, Fash, Barr and Campbell will be staying around next season is there any other players staying or going or will we be learning their fate soon?

Any other player would you like to keep from this season?

We will need to appoint a new captain if stoney does leave, would Campbell be the ideal replacement and a leader or a Hislop type leader with experience?

What will happen to Gary Naysmith assistant will he be staying on or leaving? as I believed he is doing the job for £0.

Will they be any kind of youth squad next season or in the future?

Is the crowdfunding projects still happening even though we are now in the 4th tier?

Our target next season? Is it achieve promotion nothing else as we do have arbroath, clyde, Berwick and annan who will be up there.

Promotion?

Rumoured to be signing:

Willie Sawyers (?)
Alan Cook (Arbroath)
Lewis Coult (Ex Airdrie)
Darren Lavery (Berwick Rangers)
Thomas Thrupp (Pittenweem Rovers)

Or so I've heard from unreliable sources.

Coult would be a cracking signing in my opinion.

John M
Rumoured to be signing:

Willie Sawyers (?)
Alan Cook (Arbroath)
Lewis Coult (Ex Airdrie)
Darren Lavery (Berwick Rangers)
Thomas Thrupp (Pittenweem Rovers)

Or so I've heard from unreliable sources.

Coult would be a cracking signing in my opinion.

They don't look like great signings but if coult can find his form like at Cowden am sure he will be great but it's going to be tough bringing players to Methil since we're in the fourth tier of scottish football but I will see who we can attract and naysmith can attract. You never know many will be out of contract like mcfadden etc.
also willie sawyers is at Rob Roy in the west of scotland leauges most clyde fans are laughing at this rumour is he good enough or will he be another striker with one goal in him at this level.

Looking at lads from a successful local team like Pittenweem might be a good shout! Lost count of how many trophies they have won in the last 2-3 seasons! Bound to be younger players there who are (at worst) as good as some of the crap we've been subjected to these last few seasons.

comeback king
Looking at lads from a successful local team like Pittenweem might be a good shout! Lost count of how many trophies they have won in the last 2-3 seasons! Bound to be younger players there who are (at worst) as good as some of the crap we've been subjected to these last few seasons.

Ayee great shout...