Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment

I think it is safe to say that all the fans who have East Fife in their heart will be glad to see the back of 2013. In 43 competitive matches we have only had 9 victories one of them in extra time against Berwick. We are on our 3rd manager this year as well. Fair to say not a year that will go down as a great in our history. We have every right to believe that 2014 can only be better. We the fans will have to try and be patient and let Gary and the board try to bring some stability to the team. I would like to know how many players have started in the first team this year, it will be one high number. Our first goal for 2014 is to finish in 8th place come May anything better will be significant progress. The 2 highs for the year were our victories at Peterhead and Dunfermline. The lows for me are our constant defeats to Forfar and Brechin. We all know that we will need to bring in better quality in the January transfer window, or I fear we could be walking a relegation tightrope again come May. Having said that I am certain the new management team and the board have the desire and ambition to turn things around.

Re: 2013

i think that you have summarised the situation at the club ,and the aspirations of both fans and management very well.

A fair and realistic assessment fan 67. Until I saw those stats I didn't realise what a shocker 2013 has actually been. Hopefully we can at least get into double figures of wins tomorrow.

2014 must be better and I'm sure it will be now that we have a chairman with real ambition and some stability on the management side.

So 9 wins in a year it is.

I'm finding it very difficult to buy into the new revolution when we continue to be served up with total dross on the field. There seems to be little prospect of any improvement soon the way we are playing too. Gary Naysmith has his work cut out and no mistake, as three quarters of this squad are barely 4th tier standard never mind our league.

A desperate season again to go with the many others we've endured in recent times.

Can't argue with those stats, very poor.
And perhaps for the "wrong" reasons but Peterhead away when we won to stay up was pure joy and celebration.
What a day, loved it.

Has to be THE highlight of 2013?

Gary Naysmith will know for certain after watching that today, that if we do not bring in two full backs and a ball winner in centre midfield 2014 could be as bad as 2013. Far to light weight in midfield, not that Ayr were brilliant but they were bigger and stronger and more physical. 2nd half we never won a header or a 2nd ball. Thursday as big a game as they come. I only hope that some of the players show more desire commitment and believe or another long 90 minutes awaits us. 18 games gone 18 games to go, I fear nothing more than a relegation battle awaits us.

What a mess Willie Aitchison has left behind. Why was he allowed to carry on when it was obvious months ago that he was out of his depth? We are paying for the mentality that he was just unlucky, or he would get it right soon, or it was just individual errors, or we should leave a decision until Christmas. Every week he was allowed to blunder on was a week less time Gary has to save us. Good luck Gary, you can do it.

Don't just blame Willie Aichison! He didn't appoint himself in the first place.

No real point in us looking back at The mistakes now got to lt Gary see what he can do with The squad, i hope ee has The ability to allow him to bring in players where required. time to look at where we went wrong probably end of season. I don't blame Lee, he is new to this an has shown a great desire to get a buzz at The club which could have been far better with decent results. Willie can't be blamed years of driving a taxi listening to fitba in The radio then he got The fairy tale dream to have a go, not his fault. The person who really needs to be honest with himself and learn from The lasr 18 games is Brian i will stand corrected but is it not The case that The balance of The decision to hire willie was down to Brian. I don't hold it against him as u know he desperatly wants success for The club, but at The end of The season we need to recognise where we went wrong and of course The many successes off The park. I certainly think giving Gary a 18 month contract was The right thing to do as is The attempt to develop young players on our books for that Brian needs congratulating. Remember nothing worth doing is ever easy, as a Fife fan that should orobably be ou motto. All The best.to The Fife for 2014

This club has wasted years pissing around in the doldrums and now regarded as Fifes wee team. The club that no one takes seriously anymore.
Year on year different manager, new look team, so much potential blah blah blah and we always end up being shite.
Hope to fuck this new regime can change things as its all becoming so boring and predictable down Bayview way. Different year same old shite.
If we actually end up being relegated then you seriously have to wonder why the club continues to exist.
Its no joke being a joke!
All very well looking to build cafes and a new shop but what on earth is the point if we continue to serve up the same garbage year on year.

While i`m in rant mode, whoever dished out these full time contracts seriously need to take a long hard look in the mirror and ask themselves if they should be anywhere near a football club!
Majority of fans seen it, just a pity those in so called authority didn't.

Mr V. Angry
This club has wasted years pissing around in the doldrums and now regarded as Fifes wee team. The club that no one takes seriously anymore.
Year on year different manager, new look team, so much potential blah blah blah and we always end up being shite.
Hope to fuck this new regime can change things as its all becoming so boring and predictable down Bayview way. Different year same old shite.
If we actually end up being relegated then you seriously have to wonder why the club continues to exist.
All very well looking to build cafes and a new shop but what on earth is the point if we continue to serve up the same garbage year on year.

While i`m in rant mode, whoever dished out these full time contracts seriously need to take a long hard look in the mirror and ask themselves if they should be anywhere near a football club!

Due to the fact that I would not want to add to your stress, I agree with everything you say. Now Mr V angry what you need is a good brisk walk in the winters air find somewhere to sit quietly miles away from any lap top, phone or iPad relax take a big deep. Breath and think of your health. Because if you keep at it like you are you will be in an early grave. I must dig out the stats on fife heart attack rates in relation to which team you support.

On call doctor
Mr V. Angry

Due to the fact that I would not want to add to your stress, I agree with everything you say. Now Mr V angry what you need is a good brisk walk in the winters air find somewhere to sit quietly miles away from any lap top, phone or iPad relax take a big deep. Breath and think of your health. Because if you keep at it like you are you will be in an early grave. I must dig out the stats on fife heart attack rates in relation to which team you support.

You are quite right of course and you could add take a cold shower or have an ice bath (save that for Jan 1st maybe), but Mr V Angry's point is one with which many of us agree with I suspect. Because all the ambition being shown by Lee Murray and others will all count for zero, zilch, nothing if we continue to be an embarrassment on the field and are forever scrapping against relegation.

Understand how you all feel. Relegation would be very bad. Stranraer ain't doin too badly though, are they?