Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Today's Game

Not pretty but a massive 3 points. Special mention to Stevie Campbell who was immense today.

Re: Today's Game

Boy were we clinging on towards the end there!

Thought we started the brighter with a few openings here and there, until Fash's goal which from my angle looked a bit of a clanger from the keeper. Went in at half time feeling comfortable. Came out second half and both teams were a bit frantic for the first 15 minutes until we decided to sit back and soak up the pressure until the end of the game.

Special mention to Stevie Campbell who was excellent, thought Bridey worked his socks off and Liam was always dangerous. Nice to see Fash get the winner and hope his injury isn't too bad.

One thing of note, our defending at set pieces is absolutely DREADFUL. That needs to be sorted. I couldn't remember one free kick/corner where we just won the header and cleared it.

I'll also add as I always do that the linesmen in the lower leagues are beyond pointless. They are basically employed to wave a flag at the ref's decision despite them being far closer to the incident.

Agree with two previous comments, Stevie Campbell was absolutely immense and worthy of man of the match although it went to fash, presumably for his goal. Fash did well but put in a couple of crazy tackles which took pressure off Arbroath. Other players worth a mention were Paterson, thom, mcbride, fisher. Buchanan works hard but might be better laying ball off now and again. Finger nail stuff again but great three points and move up a place. We'll done the fife. Onwards and upwards.

Nothing special but a much needed win to open up a little gap again. Morrison had a clanger for our goal but we will take it. I'm guessing Tuta and Dutot are done then?

Both teams reflected their league position today.

BREAKING NEWS: Kiosk staff have only just served the last customer in the queue for pies and beverages. At its peak, the queue was past Randolph Wemyss hospital.

A game of 2 halfs we had the lions share of possession first half and Arbroath had a lot of the ball 2nd half. It was clear to see that East Fife look short on confidence. We got far to deep 2nd half and allowed Arbroath on to us. A better team would have punished us. I am still not convinced we have the right blend in the middle of the park, seems an awful lot of space for opposition to play in. Very grateful just to get 3 points, and the pretty football can wait for another day. There is more than one way to win a football game and sometimes it is good just to grind out a victory. Earlier in the season we would not have seen that out. Best for us was thom and Campbell, Austin was our biggest danger first half, and McBride done well. I still think we need a player in midfield to do the ugly stuff and break up the play. That's 3 wins out of 5 under Gary so a decent start to his managerial career. A good start to 2014.

What a way to start 2014, all the players worked hard as a team and massive 3 points to put on the leauge one table, well done boys.
I hope we can take somthing from the game at ibrox but can't see it though as rangers do have a good home record under their own fans but gonna go along and give the fife a support to cheer the team on, roll on. #garyNaismith_barnTheArmy!