Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Tickets for Ramgers Match 11 Jan

The tickets for this match at Ibrox will be on sale from 12.00 Monday 6th. Please don’t call before 12.00 as they need to be processed before going on sale.

We are assuming the price will be £17 per adult but will be able to confirm this on Monday.

Thanks
EFFC

Re: Tickets for Ramgers Match 11 Jan

tickets arent at bayview yet !!

Apparently wont be in until tomorrow at the earliest now. Another example of sevco treating opposition fans like rubbish.

I'm afraid to them we are nothing. Shocking not to have tickets on sale 5 days before a match. Rangers were selling their tickets for the match before Christmas. Probably wont be many Fife fans there, better off going to see Leven United's big Scottish Cup tie anyway than give money to that mob.

Spot on Bob, I'm very surprised any Fife fans still want to go to that over-priced cauldron of bigotry.

I won't be at any Newco game home or away! Too stubborn to pay £17 for 3rd tier fitbaw. Good luck to the Fife aw the same.

What a pathetic small-minded attitude. Get behind your team instead of making the opposition your first concern. If you are a true East Fife supporter you should be proud to follow the black and gold wherever they play, whoever they play. I bet the players give their all for the team on Saturday. They are up against it. For any sake, if you are an East Fife supporter give them your backing, they need every friend they can get on Saturday and they are sure to appreciate it.

I'll be there but I do think this situation is a joke. But then, why should we be surprised? By the end of the week Rangers will probably have had three different chairmen and two new chief executives.

Phoned the club after 12 but weren't on-sale, just worried about getting my tickets as I can't come through to pick them up and stay in glasgow and I hope if I pay with credit card they will arrive for me before saturday to go to ibrox via by post. I will phone the club tomorrow, gutted to wait another day for our end on our last vist to Govan with 5days to go. #monTheFife

I agree mate so true as well I can't wait till we go to rangers a draw 2-2 I say

east fife till i die
I bet the players give their all for the team on Saturday.

I should hope so, I'd like to think they do so in every match.

tix on sale noooooo.

Onybody got any recommendations for a pre match pub?

east fife till i die
What a pathetic small-minded attitude. Get behind your team instead of making the opposition your first concern. If you are a true East Fife supporter you should be proud to follow the black and gold wherever they play, whoever they play. I bet the players give their all for the team on Saturday. They are up against it. For any sake, if you are an East Fife supporter give them your backing, they need every friend they can get on Saturday and they are sure to appreciate it.

then I suppose I am not a true supporter. I refuse to give sevco, or Ramgers as Eugene put it, a penny of my money.

Well KP I waited several days for someone to draw attention to my typo and you didn't let me down.

My fisrt mistake of 2014!

east fife till i die
Here we go again! I'm a better supporter than you and all that bullshit!! I'd rather keep my cash than give it to that lot. £17 is a ridiculous amount to pay for 3rd tier football so don't have a go at me for not going! I'm not the only one, believe me. Roll on next home game. Good luck to team and fans on Sat.

DPH
east fife till i die
Here we go again! I'm a better supporter than you and all that bullshit!! I'd rather keep my cash than give it to that lot. £17 is a ridiculous amount to pay for 3rd tier football so don't have a go at me for not going! I'm not the only one, believe me. Roll on next home game. Good luck to team and fans on Sat.

You're a cop-out. Supporting your team isn't about your feelings about Rangers. Try and grow a pair and get behind East Fife. The team needs you.

east fife till i die
DPH
east fife till i die

You're a cop-out. Supporting your team isn't about your feelings about Rangers. Try and grow a pair and get behind East Fife. The team needs you.

No they don't. The away support at Ibrox is a tiny area of the stadium, tucked away in a corner. Fans are drowned out by the blaring tannoy music until kick off, after which all you will hear are songs being sang about murdering catholics.

Being one of the most expensive, and certainly least important (in terms of the impact your support will have) trips, combined with the fact that the vast majority of ordinary fans don't have the luxury of being able to afford to go to every single away game, is it really a surprise that supporters would rather keep their money for, say, the trip to Stranraer where their support can really make a big impact on the match (as it has done in the past there).

My mistake though, as these fans who have followed East Fife up and down the country for decades, long before the newco ever existed, are all "cop outs" and "need to grow a pair" (even if they are female )

Noisy Crossbar
tix on sale noooooo.

there is no pubs within range of ibrox, willing to let an east fife fan in for a pint. If you want a jar stay in centre of town. Still plenty zombies about like but at least the pubs let you in .

36 games
No they don't. The away support at Ibrox is a tiny area of the stadium, tucked away in a corner. Fans are drowned out by the blaring tannoy music until kick off, after which all you will hear are songs being sang about murdering catholics.

Being one of the most expensive, and certainly least important (in terms of the impact your support will have) trips, combined with the fact that the vast majority of ordinary fans don't have the luxury of being able to afford to go to every single away game, is it really a surprise that supporters would rather keep their money for, say, the trip to Stranraer where their support can really make a big impact on the match (as it has done in the past there).

My mistake though, as these fans who have followed East Fife up and down the country for decades, long before the newco ever existed, are all "cop outs" and "need to grow a pair" (even if they are female )

another cop-out. no one should be withholding their backing for the players just because of who they are playing against. it should be the opposite, show them your support even if they can't hear you. don't kid yourself that the players won't notice if no-one cares enough to be there. whatever your grudges with rangers, try putting them to one side for 90 minutes and put east fife first instead. the players fought to the death last season for the right to play in this league. let's do our bit for THEM and forget about another club's issues.

I'm not going tomorrow either (horrible place) but fair play to those that do. I am starting to think now the sooner next season comes round the better,and the championship clubs can have a season with the circus in town,and our own league can return to normal,without the media pretending to take an interest in our clubs!

Are tickets on sale at Bayview on Sat morning ???

Bayviewboy

or at Ibrox?

Noisy Crossbar
Bayviewboy

or at Ibrox?

Does anyone know? I'm undecided on going at the moment.

Eugene Clarke
Well KP I waited several days for someone to draw attention to my typo and you didn't let me down.

My fisrt mistake of 2014!

do I get a prize?

There's nothing I could give you that could improve you.

Sook Clerke!!!

Liam Anderson
Sook Clerke!!!

I'd rather not.

Noisy Crossbar
tix on sale noooooo.

Rolls Royce social club on Paisley road been recommended.

Non rolls Royce owners welcome

Jim Moffat Jr
Noisy Crossbar
tix on sale noooooo.

there is no pubs within range of ibrox, willing to let an east fife fan in for a pint. If you want a jar stay in centre of town. Still plenty zombies about like but at least the pubs let you in .

I have to challenge you there, I distinctly remember not being let into one of they swanky city centre pubs on the way back from Stranrear for the crime of being dressed as Mr Oink from Reservoir Dogs and being in the company of a four foot bumble bee.

Sparky
Jim Moffat Jr
Noisy Crossbar
tix on sale noooooo.

I have to challenge you there, I distinctly remember not being let into one of they swanky city centre pubs on the way back from Stranrear for the crime of being dressed as Mr Oink from Reservoir Dogs and being in the company of a four foot bumble bee.

Fadi, do you ever post anything apart from daft smiley faces at other folks posts?

Fud the Fifer
Fadi, do you ever post anything apart from daft smiley faces at other folks posts?

Sparky
Jim Moffat Jr
Noisy Crossbar
tix on sale noooooo.

ha ha Markos! The crime was more along the lines of you being unable to string a sentence together and your inability to successfully walk up stairs! And, the bumble bee was, and still is 5ft 5!

For all those who deliberately stayed away, you would have been proud of your team if you had overcome your personal issues about Rangers. The players deserved better than their own fans taking the huff. Come to think of it I don't recall any bigotry or racism from the Rangers fans. Just a football match that on another day we might have got a point from. Well done the players, you gave is plenty to shout about and we all left with our heads held high.

Kerriann
Sparky
Jim Moffat Jr

ha ha Markos! The crime was more along the lines of you being unable to string a sentence together and your inability to successfully walk up stairs! And, the bumble bee was, and still is 5ft 5!