Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Kevin Smith

According to Dumbarton fan on P&B, Kevin Smith agreed to cancel contract with them yesterday and is apparently signing with us? I remember him having a great season at Rovers a few years back but haven't seen/heard much of him since...

Good signing to partner Liam?

Re: Kevin Smith

Actually, I reckon we have enough strikers already with Buchanan, Henderson, Fash and Clarke in the squad. A couple of decent full-backs and a CM to replace Stephen Hughes should be a bigger priority in my opinion.

ef
Actually, I reckon we have enough strikers already with Buchanan, Henderson, Fash and Clarke in the squad. A couple of decent full-backs and a CM to replace Stephen Hughes should be a bigger priority in my opinion.

Eh? How many goals has Clarke, Fash and Henderson scored. Without Buchanan we are struggling and hopefully Kevin Smith can be the guy to partner Liam.

Tam
ef

Eh? How many goals has Clarke, Fash and Henderson scored. Without Buchanan we are struggling and hopefully Kevin Smith can be the guy to partner Liam.

Listen to Bayview Bites to find out the latest on Fash, Clarke and Henderson...

Kevin Smith scored twice in the bounce game on monday against us!!

With only Liam not injured, or left out of above, I think we need a striker badly to partner him, but that's been case all season. Not for lack of trying by signings, we have had plenty strikers on books just a pity they couldn't score goals.

ef
. henderson has left, fash out injured, clarke out for the rest of the season

Andrew Miller
According to Dumbarton fan on P&B, Kevin Smith agreed to cancel contract with them yesterday and is apparently signing with us? I remember him having a great season at Rovers a few years back but haven't seen/heard much of him since...

Good signing to partner Liam?

He has now signed

Scott young

We're you at the bounce game on Monday. I saw the floodlights on and went to the ground only to be told that it was a closed doors game and I could not get in. However. 2 guys went in together after me and cos their son was involved they got in. Some lucky player has 2 dads then Not very community spirited I thought!!!!!!!!!

Can we give him the nickname Silent Bob?

He will the latest son of a former player to turn out in the black and gold. His dad is Gordon "pogo" Smith. Hope this isn't a curse as I can't think of any of the juniors who were a patch on their old man while at Bayview

Understand that Kevin is on an 18 month contract.

Ritchie
He will the latest son of a former player to turn out in the black and gold. His dad is Gordon "pogo" Smith. Hope this isn't a curse as I can't think of any of the juniors who were a patch on their old man while at Bayview

In this case though the bar has been set pretty low. His old man was dire, one of a long line of useless, non-goalscoring centre forwards at Bayview.

Kevin will just need to put his boots on the correct foot to be an improvement.

Fash and Henderson dont have enough experience
Clarke always looks unfit and misses sitters every week

Great signing, fast, strong and more than capable of scoring goals! scored a good few goals for QOS last term didn't he?

I Thot his dad was Paul smith

Newby
Scott young

We're you at the bounce game on Monday. I saw the floodlights on and went to the ground only to be told that it was a closed doors game and I could not get in. However. 2 guys went in together after me and cos their son was involved they got in. Some lucky player has 2 dads then Not very community spirited I thought!!!!!!!!!

Yeah it was closed door, I went with HRH Graeme Mackay as he filmed it. Had to ask Lee personally if it was okay for me to go.

ef

A mad-man is on the loose!
Anybody with half a brain can see the strikers we have cant deliver.
Buchanan is the only half decent striker we have and i use the term "half decent" lightly.
Fash is young and should come good with experience.. The remaining should be moved on.