Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
There was no takeover last year

EFFC's annual return has been filed at Companies House, with information correct up to the 21st of December 2013.

The biggest shareholding is 69582 held by Loraine Johnston Twigg
The second biggest shareholding is 33166 held by Samantha Twigg
Mother and daughter hold 52% of the total issued shares

Brian McNeill owns zero shares
Lee Murray owns zero shares

Talk of a takeover last summer was misleading. Brian and Lee are being allowed to run the club at the moment, in the same way as Derrick Brown and Sid Collumbine were allowed to run the club without owning it but East Fife FC and all its assets is still owned by Loraine and her daughter age 16.

Re: There was no takeover last year

How is this going to affect the Crowdfunding?I certainly would not be happy to contribute if what is printed above is true.

The annual return covered the period april 12 to april 13.

If you had been at the EFFC AGM you would have heard Lee Murray say that the final bits & pieces of the takeover would be completed early this year. Not one shareholder raised any issues with this, its just red tape. Lee Murray & Brian McNeill are in total control of the club, end of!

maybe
The annual return covered the period april 12 to april 13.

Not true. The list of shareholders is accurate for 21/12/2013.

AGM attendee
If you had been at the EFFC AGM you would have heard Lee Murray say that the final bits & pieces of the takeover would be completed early this year. Not one shareholder raised any issues with this, its just red tape. Lee Murray & Brian McNeill are in total control of the club, end of!

They have been saying that the deal is almost done for seven months. The reason it has not been completed has been blamed on people being busy, lawyers, holidays, red tape and so on. Loraine has said she will sell but that counts for little until she sells, and so far, she has not sold.
Selling an individual shareholding takes ten minutes, if the seller wants to sell and the buyer has the funds to meet the price. It is a basic transaction.

The current management team is beyond reproach. Business is always fraught with difficulties that are concealed unless you are directly involved.
East Fife are on a better course now than I can ever remember.
However you are right about the fan funding. When the shares issue is sorted, I am confident that this will move forward.

The current management team has been a breath of fresh air but the name Twigg still associated with the club does it no favours and still raises the hackles of many supporters.

Feel I must reply to clear up your understanding of the deal between myself & Brian our company and Lorraine.

We have entered an agreement and have paid a substantial non returnable deposit to Lorraine due to certain details taking a lot longer that first thought we are almost at the final stage. Our deal which is private will stay that way.

Who ever looked over the shareholding must have missed my name out for some reason because I can assure you I have shares of my own on top of the ones that me & Brian will have. And I'm pretty sure without checking that Brian has the same.

I have said since the day I walked into the club that you can ask me anything but people like you try to spoil it for everybody.

I am trying to be as open as possible with all at the club.

Hope that helps answer anybody who has any doubts, if you want to get in touch with me direct to dispute what I'm saying email the club amend I will answer back I have nothing to hide! Unlike you!

Lee

Lee, thanks for clearing that but this guy was just stating a fact which your explanation cleared up. He maybe was a bit off but hey that's what happens. Sounds like maybe you know who he is and there is a hidden agenda accounting for the way you replied. Or maybe you're just getting fed up with the constant sniping. But then again being an EF supporter you should have realised what you were getting into in that respect.

Actually I have no idea who it is, but as I say I have nothing to hide!

Question is do the supporters want a chairman who speaks to the them or would you rather I stayed quiet? What I do not like is somebody questioning me but don't have the balls to say who they are or get in touch with me directly it's not as if I have been hiding, actually working my arse off trying to make EF the best it can be! If that's not what EF fans want just tell me!

Everybody that I have come into contact with so far fans, staff & fellow directors have been nothing but supportive but if there is a group that want rid at least have the guts to say it or at least say it to my face!

Hiding behind a false name is not the correct way I hope you agree

Lee

Lee Murray
Feel I must reply to clear up your understanding of the deal between myself & Brian our company and Lorraine.

We have entered an agreement and have paid a substantial non returnable deposit to Lorraine due to certain details taking a lot longer that first thought we are almost at the final stage. Our deal which is private will stay that way.

Who ever looked over the shareholding must have missed my name out for some reason because I can assure you I have shares of my own on top of the ones that me & Brian will have. And I'm pretty sure without checking that Brian has the same.

I have said since the day I walked into the club that you can ask me anything but people like you try to spoil it for everybody.

I am trying to be as open as possible with all at the club.

Hope that helps answer anybody who has any doubts, if you want to get in touch with me direct to dispute what I'm saying email the club amend I will answer back I have nothing to hide! Unlike you!

Lee

An apology is in order. Lee has 120 shares and Brian has 1072. Credit to Lee for trying to explain his private arrangement with Loraine.
The information posted here about the major shareholdings was made public for the first time yesterday. It is not an attempt to spoil anything for anyone. What it is, is confirmation that the legal owners of the club remain Loraine Johnston and Samantha Twigg with over 100,000 shares and that no takeover has taken place yet. That is not trying to cause trouble for Lee and Brian, it is just stating a fact that the club secretary has recently confirmed in his submission to Companies House.

Nobody wants rid of you Lee in fact would say more scared that you walk away from US ..... dont let a few smart arse`s behind a keyboard put you off the rest of us. WE are behind you all the way 100%. Thanks for the hard work you guys are putting into club

Lee, I would ignore the bams on here and would say 99.9% of the fans are behind you and the present board. The communication between board and fans has been nothing short of superb and it's been like a breath of fresh air to us all. C'mon the Fife!

Just wanted to echo the words of support above.

How many other chairman come on supporters forums and answer questions? How many other chairmen reply to tweets and the like?

Lee Murray has been outstanding since he came on board and he should be backed 100%. Most honest guy you'll meet.

However it doesn't matter what you do, you will always get some critics - that's life.
If I won the lottery and invested millions of pounds into the club there would be still be one or two snipers. Its human nature. Jesus performed miracles and they still hung him!

The important thing for Lee to remember is that he has by far the majority of supporters behind him

The Chairperson has the balls to reply to your comments in an open manner and under his own name. You provide what was inaccurate information under some stupid made up name ( or your a par). If you haven't got the guts to post under your own name stop stirring shit. But no doubt we will have the freedom of speech bollocks winging its way across the ocean to defend you.

Jimbob
Its human nature. Jesus performed miracles and they still hung him!

I think the bible I bought at the barras is a fake

Lee I think you are doing a fantastic job and I've yet to meet a fellow East Fife supporter who disagrees. Keep up the good work, it's appreciated. Also the communication between you and us is a breath of fresh air, it's nice to know we have a chairman who cares about the supporters. R

Lee is doing a magnificent job as chairman of EFFC. I can't see any posts here which say that he isn't doing just that.

But I can see a lot of lashing out at bams, smart arses, snipers, critics, shit stirrers and spoilers because I've drawn attention to the fact that the Johnston-Twiggs still own the club. Lee and Brian have an agreement with Loraine that lets them run the club. They might even have an agreement that they can buy the Johnston & Twigg shares at some stage in the future. There is a danger here that all the good work Lee and Brian are doing will count for little if Loraine changes her mind, as she is entitled to do. That's not shit stirring, it is just being honest.

Still here eh Martin? Still hating the place and everything it stands for? Yet still reading the forum when it clearly annoys the hell out of you. Weird.

How did the original poster post inaccurate information when he merely posted info he obtained from Companies House?

Anyway, well done to Lee for stepping in and clearing the matter up.

Just want to echo the other comments in that having a Chairman that engages with the fans and answers questions by email, on twitter, on podcasts and on here is such a breath of fresh air.

It's the openness most fans have been crying out for for years.

Read the posts he later apologised. Glad i still annoy you because i have different values, basically if you can't say anything to someones face don't say it hiding behind a hedge

Not The Other Chairman
Jimbob
Its human nature. Jesus performed miracles and they still hung him!

I think the bible I bought at the barras is a fake

martin black
Read the posts he later apologised. Glad i still annoy you because i have different values, basically if you can't say anything to someones face don't say it hiding behind a hedge

He apologised and put the record straight over an hour before you posted. If there are any further inaccuracies Martin, please point them out.
For what it is worth, the figures that had to be corrected make no difference to the situation of ownership. Between them, Lee and Brian currently own 0.6% of EFFC's issued shares.

He apologised and put the record straight over an hour before you posted. If there are any further inaccuracies Martin, please point them out.
For what it is worth, the figures that had to be corrected make no difference to the situation of ownership. Between them, Lee and Brian currently own 0.6% of EFFC's issued shares.

Who's he, should that no be I

Which ever way you like, makes no difference. Anyone who has followed this debate will know that I apologised for making a mistake over two small shareholdings.
It is interesting to see that most of the reaction has seized upon this error, as if the shareholdings I missed were major and significant. Few appear to care enough to comment on the fact that Johnston and Twigg remain the legal owners of the majority shareholding at EFFC.

in black and white
Which ever way you like, makes no difference. Anyone who has followed this debate will know that I apologised for making a mistake over two small shareholdings.
It is interesting to see that most of the reaction has seized upon this error, as if the shareholdings I missed were major and significant. Few appear to care enough to comment on the fact that Johnston and Twigg remain the legal owners of the majority shareholding at EFFC.

Was the last post edited by any chance? I could have sworn I read that the Twiggs owned the VAST majority of shares?? I must have been seeing things!

??
Was the last post edited by any chance? I could have sworn I read that the Twiggs owned the VAST majority of shares?? I must have been seeing things!

No it wasn't edited. But to illustrate the strength of the Johnston/Twigg holdings, here are the ten biggest individual shareholdings at EFFC

1. 69582 L Johnston Twigg
2. 33166 S Twigg
3. 22150 A Rodger
4. 6222 D Marshall
5. 6000 J Rodger
6. 5975 DM Stevenson
7. 5345 East Fife Supporters Trust
8. 3621 J Brown
9. 3066 A Lindsay
10. 2622 R Moreland

It was explained to us all at start of season that it could take this long, if by the next AGM it isn't sorted out there will be an explanation of sorts for the delay, im sure this will be passed onto the fans as always has been done by the new board. We all know they cunts still own the club as the new board has not announced any different yet, when that day comes raise a glass !!!

"in black and white" Im very doubtful of your motives here as per your first post. Lee`s share-holding tho small at the minute, was obvious to see on the list of shareholders, as it is last on the list of 218 is it no ?

Crazy Jimmy
"in black and white" Im very doubtful of your motives here as per your first post. Lee`s share-holding tho small at the minute, was obvious to see on the list of shareholders, as it is last on the list of 218 is it no ?

It is last on the list of a 23-page document. Brian's shareholding was on the second last page. I was looking for a large shareholding in either name. With every page I turned the odds worsened but I hoped it would be there. I was disappointed it wasn't.
It doesn't matter where Lee and Brian's shares appear on the list because they are so small that they are insignificant.
If you are doubtful of my motives, which was to show that a new document at Companies House confirms that Johnston and Twigg's shareholding is intact and they still own the majority shareholding at EFFC, then what are your doubts? By posting public information, what agenda do I have other than awareness?
The number of hits and comments on this thread in just over a day suggests that there is a lot of interest in this subject.

who r u.

Surely if your going to post directors name with number of shares held you should have read the whole document and maybe even a double check, just to be aware the public information you share is actually true ??
Maybe lose the sun-style headline too
Next time eh ??

As for the info supplied aint nothing I didn't already know already thanks just much like the sun

I was unaware that the previous largest shareholders retain that title, and I think it is legitimate that the OP has highlighted this fact.
Lee Murray has offered an explanation of why that is still the case. At this stage, you have to take this at face value, and hopefully soon the deal will be concluded.
There used to be criteria that a shareholding of 2000 shares were required to become a director. Obviously this has changed.
As an aside, did Willie Gray ever own shares, and what happened to them?

Crazy Jimmy
Surely if your going to post directors name with number of shares held you should have read the whole document and maybe even a double check, just to be aware the public information you share is actually true ??
Maybe lose the sun-style headline too
Next time eh ??

As for the info supplied aint nothing I didn't already know already thanks just much like the sun

I corrected the error as soon as it was highlighted. The facts are now quite clear to anyone reading this thread, and the size of the shareholdings held by Lee and Brian are so small that they may as well be zero, compared to the holdings of Loraine Johnson and Samantha Twigg. If I had not corrected the error you would be absolutely right to remain fixated by it.

Sun style headline? I don't think so. It is a plain fact, which the club's annual return has made public. There was no takeover last year.

They have been saying that the deal is almost done for seven months. The reason it has not been completed has been blamed on people being busy, lawyers, holidays, red tape and so on. Loraine has said she will sell but that counts for little until she sells, and so far, she has not sold.
Selling an individual shareholding takes ten minutes, if the seller wants to sell and the buyer has the funds to meet the price. It is a basic transaction.

This

What it is, is confirmation that the legal owners of the club remain Loraine Johnston and Samantha Twigg with over 100,000 shares and that no takeover has taken place yet. That is not trying to cause trouble for Lee and Brian, it is just stating a fact that the club secretary has recently confirmed in his submission to Companies House.

And this

Dont see you doing anything wrong in bringing this to the attention of the supporters

in black and white
??

No it wasn't edited. But to illustrate the strength of the Johnston/Twigg holdings, here are the ten biggest individual shareholdings at EFFC

1. 69582 L Johnston Twigg
2. 33166 S Twigg
3. 22150 A Rodger
4. 6222 D Marshall
5. 6000 J Rodger
6. 5975 DM Stevenson
7. 5345 East Fife Supporters Trust
8. 3621 J Brown
9. 3066 A Lindsay
10. 2622 R Moreland

Interesting list. Derrick Brown still has shares then?

Anyone know who A Roger and J Roger are? Names dont ring a bell?

Buckhaven based fish man & son. JDB's pals

Ritchie
I was unaware that the previous largest shareholders retain that title, and I think it is legitimate that the OP has highlighted this fact.
Lee Murray has offered an explanation of why that is still the case. At this stage, you have to take this at face value, and hopefully soon the deal will be concluded.
There used to be criteria that a shareholding of 2000 shares were required to become a director. Obviously this has changed.
As an aside, did Willie Gray ever own shares, and what happened to them?

I remember looking at the shares register a couple of years back and Willie Gray had around 5,500 if I remember rightly.

Anyone shed any light on this?

I would say the new board have taken-over the running off the club have they not ?
Information on current shareholding, the board have NOT tried to hide once and would probarly go into more detail if you contacted them direct.

Mountains and molehills springs to mind. Lee Murray oozes integrity and good intention. As said previously by me and as intimated by Lee in an earlier post, business is never straightforward and when its an individual's money he is perfectly entitled to his privacy. Lee, we are all behind you. Please keep on course.

Always people trying to stir the shite on forums! What Lee Murray needs to remember is some people on here are not East Fife supporters and have never been to Bayview in their lives! As I said earlier I've yet to meet an East Fife supporter who isn't fully behind Lee and rest of board.

Thanks for the support guys really appreciated

What worries me a little on this subject is that it seems to me that posts like this seem very investigative! If I'm right and it is journos, I wish they would just have the guts to pick up the phone and ask me to my face what the deal is and I would explain it.

I maybe wrong but these questions don't seem to be from a normal fan.

Be a man journo and call me!

#monthefife

I got a copy of the report too. It costs a pound from the Companies House website but I got it free at work. Anyone can buy it. It lists all shareholders and how many shares they have. It is not much of an investigation but now I am a super sleuth journalist for only a quid

The source could be an accountant or a lawyer who knows the club or maybe someone who has been involved in the deal.

Perhaps the OP has done East Fife FC,Lee Murray & the fans a favour? By hi- liteing the delays / potential damage it may hurry the sale of the shares from the Twiggs to the new board and allow them to bring in / spend additional funds.

Gyp

This

What it is, is confirmation that the legal owners of the club remain Loraine Johnston and Samantha Twigg with over 100,000 shares and that no takeover has taken place yet. That is not trying to cause trouble for Lee and Brian, it is just stating a fact that the club secretary has recently confirmed in his submission to Companies House.

And this

Dont see you doing anything wrong in bringing this to the attention of the supporters

I'm just surprised this has taken so long to come into the open. Quite a bit of smoke and mirrors, methinks. Did it never occur to the new Board to be open about this. What's the betting the shareholdings will still be the same at the end of this year?

Bored Stiff
Gyp

This

And this

I'm just surprised this has taken so long to come into the open. Quite a bit of smoke and mirrors, methinks. Did it never occur to the new Board to be open about this. What's the betting the shareholdings will still be the same at the end of this year?

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz..........................