Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Todays game

Glad i never went.

That is all.

Re: Todays game

Absolutely brutal..

A complete waste of time and money! I'm actually embarrassed to be an East Fife supporter tonight! Fucking hopeless! That is all....

Fuds!

?
Fuds!

Haaaaaaard man alert.

Pissy pants
?
Fuds!

Haaaaaaard man alert.

Adolescent alert!

Outfought and outplayed in every department today. Minimum expectation in any game is that the players give 100% and look like they want to win the game, a few of those guys just didn't look up for it at all today.

?
Pissy pants
?
Fuds!

Haaaaaaard man alert.

Adolescent alert!

You are very hard and scary.

not.

same old?
?
Pissy pants
?
Fuds!

Haaaaaaard man alert.

Adolescent alert!

not.

Grow up.

?
same old?
?
Pissy pants
?
Fuds!

Haaaaaaard man alert.

Adolescent alert!

not.

Grow up.

touche.

Got to the point where a was more interested in the chants than the game. 2 shots the whole game, we where in the box once excluding the corner in the first half. the second half was even worse. great penalty save from Patterson though is one positive

Dubs
Got to the point where a was more interested in the chants than the game.

Yup. Last throw of the dice for me. 40 years and about to throw in the towel and go juniors.
Same old, same old blah blah every season and no matter what anyone on here says, next season will be more of the same pish with yet another manager after this one gets it.

Bookmarked!

I think you all need to calm down a bit, okay we were pish, but outside Rangers Dunfermline are the best team in this league by a mile. Today was always going to be a hard game, and I for one never expected us to take anything from it. For people to be claiming that Gary will get the boot is astonishing, in the 8 games he's been in charge we've won 4, including a trip to Ibrox. Considering the fact that we've won more games under Naysmith in this short period than Aitchison in half a season says we are moving forward.

People seem to forget the good performances i.e last week as soon as we get a bad result and start going off on one.

It's clear to see that the board and manager have a very solid long term plan in place, going by the signings that we've made in January. Once Gary gets the chance to clear out the deadwood that Aitchison brought in (Willis, J. Stewart, Durie, Moosavi, Clarke etc) and gets to build his own side I have absolutely no doubt that next season will be a successful one. If Dunfermline go up through the playoffs (which they should), then there is absolutely no reason that we cannot mount a promotion charge. Just look at what's happened at Stranraer this season, there is no reason that East Fife cannot replicate that!

Mon the Fife!

All three Dunfermline goals came from left back position!!!!!!!!!!!! Pity we couldn't have got grainger!!!!!! Good signing for Dunfermline

Realist
I think you all need to calm down a bit, okay we were pish, but outside Rangers Dunfermline are the best team in this league by a mile. Today was always going to be a hard game, and I for one never expected us to take anything from it. For people to be claiming that Gary will get the boot is astonishing, in the 8 games he's been in charge we've won 4, including a trip to Ibrox. Considering the fact that we've won more games under Naysmith in this short period than Aitchison in half a season says we are moving forward.

People seem to forget the good performances i.e last week as soon as we get a bad result and start going off on one.

It's clear to see that the board and manager have a very solid long term plan in place, going by the signings that we've made in January. Once Gary gets the chance to clear out the deadwood that Aitchison brought in (Willis, J. Stewart, Durie, Moosavi, Clarke etc) and gets to build his own side I have absolutely no doubt that next season will be a successful one. If Dunfermline go up through the playoffs (which they should), then there is absolutely no reason that we cannot mount a promotion charge. Just look at what's happened at Stranraer this season, there is no reason that East Fife cannot replicate that!

Mon the Fife!

Dunfermline may be the 2nd best team in the league but by a mile is taking it way too far. With regards to the deadwood, I though Durie played well today as he did last week and unlike you,I really thought we could win today given the 2nd best team in the league hadn`t been playing well recently.

I have every faith in the Manager but he got it way wrong today with regards to tactics.

Very disappointing after last week. We never got started and really never got close enough to Dunfermline the whole game. We gave them far too much room and respect, and never got in their faces. I cant blame the manager for going with the same team, but our midfield was out muscled and out played. All the goals were cheap and were the result of poor defending down the left side. We really never got the ball down, and allowed the wind to disrupt our play. I can only hope we learn from todays mistakes, and improve next week, I have a feeling the next 3 games is going to define our season. Brechin, and Stennie away, followed by Airdrie at home. All games we can and have to get something from. Never good to get beat in a derbie but only 3 points like any other game. I hope Stevie Campbell is fit to play left back next week. One thing is for sure we have to let the opposition know they are in a game and press the ball 100 times better.

Harry
Dubs
Got to the point where a was more interested in the chants than the game.

Yup. Last throw of the dice for me. 40 years and about to throw in the towel and go juniors.
Same old, same old blah blah every season and no matter what anyone on here says, next season will be more of the same pish with yet another manager after this one gets it.

Bookmarked!

Harry, I suggest you go junior. However, you and I both know that won't happen. I find your post quite amusing. If today was your low point as an East Fife fan and therefore enough to make you 'go junior', then I would say as a fact you are not a fan of 40 years. I am 30 years old and have witnessed much, much worse than today! This season alone we have had some fake as the 'Manager'. What about Gavin Murray? Our performance in division 3 over many uninspiring years? Continual under achievement and let downs! The fact we've got Rangers fans in charge? (they're doing a good job tho)
Our main rivals are and always will be Raith Rovers. Dunfermline mean pretty much nothing to our fans other than, like Cowdenbeath, being our rivals by default. Of course you'd know that after 40 years or perhaps you're another person living locally 'supporting' some other team and East Fife will always be your wee team. Well just fuck off then. Enjoy the juniors.

lets move on together. If locals don't support our team the who will?

We were pretty awful today. Outplayed in virtually every department, we never got going even when we had the elements in our favour second half. Too lightweight in the middle and easily cut open at the back we were lucky it was only a two goal defeat. That third goal was especially embarrassing. We can and have to do much better and Gary will know that. A reminder that there is a lot of hard work to do and that better players are still required in at least half of the positions than we have right now.

Realist

Mon the Fife!

Realist !!! Durie was decent today, willis made a difference when he came on. our left back wad poor but i am sure Theiest thing for The gaffer to do when.he is ozr there makung basic errors gaffer realises that. We don't need a clear out, just a fuckin rocket up some folks arses, not The

Wasn't at the game today so can't really say to much , I would like to say this tho . The season was over with appointment of the first manager , we have learned that (to late ) the club have appointed Gary as manager to salvage the season , which i think he will . We need to rebuild the squad/team and survive in league 1 , which im sure we will . Dunfermline are 2nd top and would be top by 10 points if not for the rangers . We need to get behind Lee and the board with the crowd funding project , show our faith in them and support the team / board for the season . Next season Gary will have built a squad / team who will hopefully be pushing for a position in the championship . Don't get to upset a loosing to the 2nd Top team .

yes, lets get all excited about blowing 25k of fans money on a shop.

mr305
Wasn't at the game today so can't really say to much , I would like to say this tho . The season was over with appointment of the first manager , we have learned that (to late ) the club have appointed Gary as manager to salvage the season , which i think he will . We need to rebuild the squad/team and survive in league 1 , which im sure we will . Dunfermline are 2nd top and would be top by 10 points if not for the rangers . We need to get behind Lee and the board with the crowd funding project , show our faith in them and support the team / board for the season . Next season Gary will have built a squad / team who will hopefully be pushing for a position in the championship . Don't get to upset a loosing to the 2nd Top team .

Totally behind Gary and Lee in what they are trying to achieve at East Fife. Do not blame Aitchison at all for our shambolic start to the season but who I do blame is the idiot who appointed him in the first place. Is he now the clubs "Director of Football"..the same person who brought all the French duds in?

Enough said.

Malky

If fans want to invest their own money.not the clubs, to try and increase the clubs revenue surely that should be applauded.
I take it Malky that you will not be investing?

sammy
Malky

If fans want to invest their own money.not the clubs, to try and increase the clubs revenue surely that should be applauded.
I take it Malky that you will not be investing?

Malky will be one those that wants everything for nowt most likely. A shop's probably nae guid to him, cos there is no danger he'll buy anything. In fact, he probably watches the games fae the mound!

Do you seriously think a shop is going to generate a big enoug. margin to justify spending 25k on building it?
Days of the club shops are over folks. People buy online from one of many conglomerates.
EF should set up online purchasing and invest 25k on terracing instead. New Bayview is awful.

Pissy pants
Do you seriously think a shop is going to generate a big enoug. margin to justify spending 25k on building it?
Days of the club shops are over folks. People buy online from one of many conglomerates.
EF should set up online purchasing and invest 25k on terracing instead. New Bayview is awful.

Agree that JUST a shop would not be viable, but linked to the cafe/bar ala Wells green where you walk THROUGH the shop to the cafe/bar certainly would. I'm hoping that is the plan.

P.s
The minimum donation of £100 is too high, this proven by only 70 or so donaters. The club should look into this or the next phase won't happen.

Fifey, even wellsgreen struggle with the pro shop. Margins are just too low.Restaurant is where they make their money.

Understand your point pp. However, we have more footfalls on the Saturday than they do. It is a matter of priority in which way to go. I'm happy to donate (already have) and trust Lee to do the right thing but unless we get up a league in the next few years and bring the bigger crowds????

Just watched The Managers interview after the game yesterday and really impressed with both his honesty and his passion- anyone can see how much the defeat was hurting him-. Long time since we've had a manager who displayed such qualities in the way he did yesterday.

Know we have a long way to go but think we've got the right guy in charge of our team .

Takes a wee bit off the feeling of disappointment after yesterday( just a wee bit mind!)

Fifer11
Just watched The Managers interview after the game yesterday and really impressed with both his honesty and his passion- anyone can see how much the defeat was hurting him-. Long time since we've had a manager who displayed such qualities in the way he did yesterday.

Know we have a long way to go but think we've got the right guy in charge of our team .

Takes a wee bit off the feeling of disappointment after yesterday( just a wee bit mind!)

Good post bud. Also like how much Kevin Rutkiewics? wants to play for the club. Like Stevie Campbell, great attitude