Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Terracing Supporters

Was persuaded by a mate to go along today as my team wasn`t playing. Wish I hadn`t bothered as that was a terrible performance from East Fife. Apart from the keeper, everyone was awful.
Big mention to the guys behind the goals who continued to support their team. The chants were brilliant. Just a pity some of the players didn`t share their enthusiasm.

Re: Terracing Supporters

They guys done great! Wouldn't have been me standing there in those conditions anyway! Terracing does improve atmosphere that's for sure. Just a pity our players forgot it was a derby...

Hey there already is a new by on this forum. Sever lack of imagination!!!!!!!!!!

The 'ultras' behind the goal were great today. Brilliant support from the guys. Just so disappointing that the team didn't step up to the mark today.

Yeah well done those guys. Can we have that terrace open for the rest of the season please?

I really hope Lee Murray reads this when I say the terracing has to stay open until something permanent gets put in place. It makes it feel like a proper football stadium behind the goals and to be fair the atmosphere at Bayview today wouldn't have been anywhere near without it.

From what I remember the reason that the terracing isn't open at every home game is because the club need health and safety permission each time plus obviously stewards are needed.

I wonder though if the club could just open the terrace behind the sea end goal only (or even half a section of that?) It could then be used as an "Ultras" type section with plenty of noise and flags and the like?

Shoes off if you hate The pars funny as fek, well done boys you lot were quality if there was a wee roof on that terrace i think many more would join in. Lee your The man make The dream come true lol

Take 2 rows of seats away from the back row and then everyone that wants to sing can be together. It`s a no brainer. We have the fans out there that want to be together, bring their flags and most importantly......HELP CREATE AN ATMOSPHERE!!

I was on the terrace today. Had to be said the view isn't great but the option to be there is fantastic.

The stand looked near full from where I was, very surprised at the attendance only being. 1872 as the Pars had a few on their terrace

WullieBroonIsGod
The stand looked near full from where I was, very surprised at the attendance only being. 1872 as the Pars had a few on their terrace

Id say at least 1600 in the main stand and at least 100 in the home terracing(don't know how the numbers looked from the main stand) not including the away terracing

In regards to the stadium doesn't matter how things are, you've got to have more than 1 stand

Having. Even involved with the permissions for the terracing perhaps I can explain the reasons why the terracing hasn't been open for other games.
As it is a temporary structure it doesn't have to fully comply with building regulations. We could only get permission to use it over a 28 day period. Any longer then we would have get a full building warrant which brings a whole host of other criteria that would be expensive & difficult to achieve on a temp structure. The local authority were very helpful by allowing the current permission to run for 29 days so that we could use it for both yesterday's game & the Rangers game but stressed that we would have to get a full warrant should we wish to use it beyond 1st March. Either that or the scaffold would have to be taken down then reassembled which is just not practical.
Place will seem empty when it goes though

Have to admit that the terracing, with fans on it, no matter how few creates an atmosphere and makes Bayview look like a real football stadium. Scrap the shop idea and use the money on permanent terracing (and another pie/hamburger outlet).

totally agree with auld geezer new terracing should be priority over club shop and cafe lets make this happen.

Agree. If and when we get the money for something permamnent it must be terracing not a stand.

Terrace dude
Agree. If and when we get the money for something permamnent it must be terracing not a stand.

If we raise the £25k forget the shop, build a terracing with extra pie stand.

If the terracing is open every home game I reckon all of us in it would go every home week. Was brilliant yesterday, the performance of the game wasn't too great though

It can not be open every home game because it is only temporary and it has been removed.

P.S. I was one of the people on the terracing the atmosphere was great.

I think there is a clear message coming across here. An obvious view to many right from the start of the new ground. Its crap and 3 sides of nothingness must be grim for the players on the park. I know its expensive, but evidence has been there for ages that fans need a bit more. And they know how it would benefit the team. That has to be where excess/raised money should go. A team can only be as good as the environment it functions in. Basically, on those terms, we are now below the Arbroaths and Forfars. I really want to come back, please could something happen to make that a reality.

levi jeckit
I really want to come back, please could something happen to make that a reality.

What a feeble post. Do you want the rest of us to be sorry for you? What you want is for others to put their hands in their pockets to pay for terracing, just so you can look at empty terracing (bar 20 or 30 folk maybe), instead of no terracing?