Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
pie stand queue and half time draw

Being a regular buyer of the halftime draw tickets and also standing in the long queue for a pie. If i go for a pie i have not got a clue what the half time draw number is because there is no working tannoy by the pie stand.Would it be possible to get a sign by the pie stand with the numbers or should i not buy a ticket or pie.

Re: pie stand queue and half time draw

The tannoy should be working at the pie stall, I will have a wee listen next time I am down at Bayview to check. We have new guys in the control room they might not have had the switch on. There is a board at the side of the pie stall which can be updated with the number on it will look into this for you pie queuers x

Should the game be broadcast onto screens in the pie stall queue?

cazza thanks for your prompt reply.When you are trying to find out if the tannoy works remember the queue goes down to the toilets.I believe the tannoy is just above the pie stall

cazza,ive noticed for a while now the speakers at the back of the stand are very low,maybe just needing turned up.

Blister in the sun
Should the game be broadcast onto screens in the pie stall queue?

Where would they go?

A great fight-back and win last week followed on Saturday by what I thought was our worst performance of the entire season.
It's reassuring to see that the half-time draw and the length of the pie queue are still major concerns for some of our fans.
Worries about performance or the threat of relegation certainly pale into insignificance on AFTN.

What fight back i must have missed that being in a queue.

Not The Other Chairman
A great fight-back and win last week followed on Saturday by what I thought was our worst performance of the entire season.
It's reassuring to see that the half-time draw and the length of the pie queue are still major concerns for some of our fans.
Worries about performance or the threat of relegation certainly pale into insignificance on AFTN.

Most folk have given up on the football and accept its mediocre shite at best.

The pies however are of much more importance.

pie eating fat arsed maniac
Not The Other Chairman

Most folk have given up on the football and accept its mediocre shite at best.

The pies however are of much more importance.

"Mediocre shite"

Can I borrow this phrase?

Carry on

No complaints with the half-time draw announcement! ... coz I won it!!!