Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Embarrassing support

I have to say after seeing the images from yesterday's support setting off yellow smoke bombs I am mortified, instead of pretending we have some sort of ultra group setting of pyrotechnics we just stop? It's embarrassing for all east fife fans

Re: Embarrassing support

I've read that three times and still don't understand the point you are trying to make.

I'll tell you what's embarrassing.

Losing 3-0 to Brechin.
Fighting yet another relegation battle in this league instead of competing for a playoff spot.
Being completely and utterly outplayed by the Pars the week before.
Languishing around the 3rd division and the bottom half of the 2nd whilst Cowdenbeath win titles and visit (and stay up in) the 1st division regularly with a quarter of our fanbase and nowhere near as good facilities.
Watching footballing giants Raith Rovers, Albion Rovers and Dumbarton get into the Scottish Cup quarter finals whilst we get dumped out of every cup by Forfar in the earliest possible rounds.

If people are still spending time and money going to watch us play (lose to) Brechin for the 40th time this season then that's the least of our worries. Someone set off a smoke bomb, so fucking what. At least they are trying to create at atmosphere and back the team. If only the team on the park could give them something to cheer about.

Ultras????One of the legendary smoke bombers supporters is a fuckin Cellik fan,the other is an inbred Dundonian that appeared on the scene last season.Embarrassing all right.

There was only 1 let of so only 1 could have done it best not point finger at folk that were just stood in area. But agree did cringe a cpl o times at the said ef support need to get a grip on what there shouting sometimes. I Would be more embarrassed tho if home support was out-numbered 2-1 and even at 3-0 up we still never supported the team.

Bigger Issues
I'll tell you what's embarrassing.

Losing 3-0 to Brechin.
Fighting yet another relegation battle in this league instead of competing for a playoff spot.
Being completely and utterly outplayed by the Pars the week before.
Languishing around the 3rd division and the bottom half of the 2nd whilst Cowdenbeath win titles and visit (and stay up in) the 1st division regularly with a quarter of our fanbase and nowhere near as good facilities.
Watching footballing giants Raith Rovers, Albion Rovers and Dumbarton get into the Scottish Cup quarter finals whilst we get dumped out of every cup by Forfar in the earliest possible rounds.

If people are still spending time and money going to watch us play (lose to) Brechin for the 40th time this season then that's the least of our worries. Someone set off a smoke bomb, so fucking what. At least they are trying to create at atmosphere and back the team. If only the team on the park could give them something to cheer about.

So setting off smoke bombs is okay? Don't give a shit aboot anybody else, as long as you get yer wee bit of fun setting off a smoke bomb - grow tae fuck up! What has a fucking smoke bomb got tae dae wi fucking atmosphere? You people need tae get a life! I was there and I could see that none o' the smoke bomb brigade were even remotely interested in the game, it wis aw aboot how much they could annoy everybody else. They went up tae the ither end and started bawling (what they thought wis singing) oot mare shite! Not interested one iota aboot the game. And as fur the drum... nuff said!

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh Nae Excuse.
I do like an angry man.
So much swearing, so much testosterone.
We must do dinner darling.

You sir, are my bit of rough.

x

Too Right
Ultras????One of the legendary smoke bombers supporters is a fuckin Cellik fan,the other is an inbred Dundonian that appeared on the scene last season.Embarrassing all right.

said dundonian tried to accuse the Brechin keeper of spitting at his son, as for the smoke bomb i hope the wee lassie who then needed to use her inhaler was ok !!

You seen the bomb brigade..lol need that on a t-shirt..give them a good telling off At game then ye ? Decent lads if u make effort to know them . They hardly miss a game now . We need a lot more of supporters of other clubs seeing the light and following the fife

Nae Fear ....
You seen the bomb brigade..lol need that on a t-shirt..give them a good telling off At game then ye ? Decent lads if u make effort to know them . They hardly miss a game now . We need a lot more of supporters of other clubs seeing the light and following the fife

"Seeing the light"?

the only lights i`ve seen this season are well and truly switched off!

brutal.

If it wasn't for the guys with the drum there would be no atmosphere at all at East Fife games this season. As for the in-bred Dundonian comment, is it Dundonians in general you have a problem with? The chances are that the majority of East Fife fans have had to relocate to other areas to gain employment.

People on here have so much to say about the matter but I doubt anyone had anything to say at the game. Stop hiding behind your keyboards

No Pyro No Party

Absolutely shocking, the two idiots who I saw trying to act like east fife ultras!!!! Did it make you feel big abusing Brechin supporters as they passed...did you feel well ard when you let off a smoke bomb which resulted in a young girl having to use her inhaler???? Get to know the lads, who, apparently are all right guys.....piss off you silly ego maniacal couple o twats!!!! Don't worry I'm not hiding behind a keyboard, I won't be so shocked and embarrassed the next time. Grow up, and bang your head off that irritating drum and get a fucking grip!

East Fife Ultras Rule!

Aye that's right, we rustle oor werther originals in our pockets whilst the "ultras" hide the buckie or half bottle of whatever's cheapest at the one stop shop in theirs......fannys!!!

Well said Pete,apparently creating an atmosphere consists of being pissed,screaming vile abuse at opposing fans/players/officials/ex players and stewards and letting off illegal smoke bombs.If our club are fined for this I hope the silly little cunt that was responsible is landed with the bill.

Ultras!!!! Ultra what???????????

Ultra twats that's what. Yeah they really do create a great atmosphere that's for sure, there's nothing like a bit of verbal abuse to get the crowd goin. I particularly love that old classic east fife song......sing up if you hate the methil police, ahh roll on Saturday, this might be fun!!!

does it make some of you feel big to sit and slag a 9 year old for banging a drum ?

might not be your way of supporting your team but doesn't make it wrong.

letting off a smoke bomb its not the crime of the century is it. wouldn't have done it but don't think it is as bad as people are making out but only my opinion.

I was at the end your on about not to cause bother but to keep dry because it was pissing down. I prefer to stand if possible do enough sitting at bayview.

some shouts are over the top but u get that all the time in fitba always will . barr gave as good as he got as is his right if you give it out you should take it back.

the atmosphere has been better the last two games we are singing more than just the usual east fife chant.

maybe we should just tell everyone to be quiet and have it like a snooker match.

and as has been said if these people were half as outraged as they are now why did they not say it on sat and not a day or two later on here dishing out insults.

it was unfortunate aboot the wee lassie I didn't see that. no bairn deserves that.

Stop your complaining would use rather the place was dead?
No pyro No party

pete
Ultra twats that's what. Yeah they really do create a great atmosphere that's for sure, there's nothing like a bit of verbal abuse to get the crowd goin. I particularly love that old classic east fife song......sing up if you hate the methil police, ahh roll on Saturday, this might be fun!!!

Can always remember singing only 1 methil polis . As back in old bayview they supported ef and lifted away fans for fun ?? . it b fun on sat Cause we r going to beat stenny ?

If u don't like the drum bring ear plugs Ffs . As far as I see all under 12s love it an join in a song try it u may like it ??.. Is that not the future of this club the bairns ?

Agree tho some shouts are way over the top .

I like that one tae Jim, wasn't so keen on the follow up though...clap your hands if you hate methil polis, only my personal choice of course.

Anyway just to put you straight...no I have no problem with a wee guy with a drum, what worries me is what kind of support do you want the young uns to grow up to be like??? They were surrounded by the foul mouth disgusting comments that were being flung all over the place on Saturday, followed by an ILLEGAL smoke bomb....sorry if I am unpopular for saying what you don't want to hear, but I am entitled to my opinion.

Couldn't make Saturday but is the inbread dundonian refererenced in this thread the same one that single handedly tried to take on 200 Rangers supporters, cursed like a mad man at a pre season friendly at every red haired player in the opposition. (He has other previous too) If it is he is a rocket, an idiot and a total embarrassment to East Fife Football club. He needs booted out sooner rather than later before he does irreversible reputational damage to the club.

Smoke bombs,Ultras and drums can only be the work of that of one man that elusive fiend the pied piper of banbeath AKA Peter Pan.

Someone mentioned they'd seen photos of the incident.

Any links?

Get a grip

Big deal a smoke bomb was let off! A smoke bomb is the least o our worries. Keep the drum aswell, we're that shit it helps me stay awake during games!

Grow up.

There's the Bomb Brigade and the Stupidly-named Burger Crew. The EF support is too full of cliques.

I'm off to sympathise with the Disgruntled Pie Stall Massive.

I think its good the young lads are having a go at creating a bit of atmosphere and being a focal point for the folk that want to be a bit more vocal at the games. I'm not in favour of smoke bombs or flares at football but is an accepted part of football culture in other less Police controlled states in Europe.

It certainly seems like the BURGER baton has been passed to the grandchildrens generation. This will hopefully leave the auld boys more time for more appropriate pass times for gentlemen of a certain age such as afternoon naps and the occasional game of doms down the Purple Cat.

Aww for fuck sake Sparky never mind embarrassing support, that's a pretty embarrassing "Quote"

Much ado about nothing

Well done ultras keep up the good work. Ignore Blister in the Hun he is a pussy.

Ultras weren't there yesterday and atmosphere was rubbish

Hopefully the ultras will be out in force for huge match on Sat. Bring the drum aswell.