Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Reserve Match

The next Reserve Match details are as follows;
Raith Rovers v East Fife
Tuesday 18th February 2014
Starks Park, Kirkcaldy
Kick off 7.30pm

Re: Reserve Match

Is the game on. Heard today from a mate Kelty supporters there keeper Fleming is trialling tonight ? IMO if this is true it is a backward step if that is where we are going. We have keepers streets and streets ahead. Should be looking at outfield a bit more, midfield a starting point.

We must beat Aridrie on Saturday but I still think Forfar and stenhousmuir will be in the bottom 2 come may

Yeh I can see where your coming from. Airdrie will be full of confidence and coming right at us though. If the plans are for signing third div and junior players there is only one way down. Are the powers that be looking at this with this signing policy. I believe a Berwick player is signed on a pre, never heard the name. I've watch a lot of junior and sorry but Fleming is not a choice I would make,

Darren lavery is the Berwick player signed on a pre contract. Andrew Robertson signed for Dundee Utd from a 4th tier team so there is talent to be had from that level. Saturdays game will be very tough i saw Airdrie against Rangers and there midfield hit anything that moved. We are struggling in the midfield department for anyone to make their physical presence felt by the opposition. Our midfield has to protect the back four better than they did first half on Saturday. I am not sure if this is a game for 2 luxury wide men. Airdrie must have improved since we beat them in November as they have went 4or5 games un beaten. I hope we are up for the physical battle.

Half time - Raith Rovers 1. East Fife 3 according to sky bet

Darren lavery have we signed him or he at Aother club ?

Finished 3-2 to East Fife.
Ross Brown took a heavy knock to the ankle (I think). After about 3 mins of the game. Had to come off. Hope its not bad.

Who scored?

1st Not sure
2nd Willis
3rd Falconer

Rovers played some neat passing moves, made a few chances in the 1st half but EF after going behind grew more into the game. 3-1 at HT.
Second half saw EF take a grip and alot of the game was played in the Rovers half.
We carved out alot of chances but wanted to take an extra pass instead of pulling the trigger when we had the chance. Much the better side in the second half other, than the last 15mins. Sat back a bit. They pressed and got a deserved 2nd.

Daryl falconer got 1st goal as well i think xx

Bon
Yeh I can see where your coming from. Airdrie will be full of confidence and coming right at us though. If the plans are for signing third div and junior players there is only one way down. Are the powers that be looking at this with this signing policy. I believe a Berwick player is signed on a pre, never heard the name. I've watch a lot of junior and sorry but Fleming is not a choice I would make,

I'm afraid things are not looking good. The new players have not gelled, are barely any better than those let go going from what I've seen so far and we just don't seem up for games. We concede the initiative from the very beginning and it all seems a bit of a struggle. There is nothing in midfield.

Not confident at all of staying up. Saturday will tell us a lot about the state of the club, the mentality of the players and whether we are up for the fight.

There are a good few players have no idea what is happening regards there future. Don't think that helps as Lee said we will be transparent, well tell the boys what is going on, they might dig in a bit. J Stewart will never tho runs out of challenges players go by him he gives up. For sure Airdrie will be fighting. I believe the players are there tho and some decent young prospects Fash falconer grieve Shaw. Time will tell

I would Lavery, scored 15+ the last couple of seasons in a poor Berwick side

Agree with terracing now about the team struggling to gel. But when you have tried 50 players in 8 months that is hardly surprising. The 15 or 16 players that we have left to get us out of the relegation race, are all tried and tested at this level, or better. Kevin Smith, Marc McKenzie, and Kevin Rutkiewicz were always going to find it hard to hit the ground running, as they had hardly had any game time before coming to East Fife. Time to gel is something we do not have as 2 out of our next 3 games are the proverbial 6 pointers. Naysmith has said that he will have the team training 3 times a week so this should help get an understanding. The only down side is a few of the players will be on the treatment table. I have said for a while now that we have not replaced div muir. With the way the midfield has been getting out fought and out muscled, I would like to see Gary Thom get a shot in central midfield. He has a good physical presence and good in the air. This could maybe be what we need to harden things up in the middle of the park, and his effort could maybe pull some others along with him.

Bon
There are a good few players have no idea what is happening regards there future. Don't think that helps as Lee said we will be transparent, well tell the boys what is going on, they might dig in a bit. J Stewart will never tho runs out of challenges players go by him he gives up. For sure Airdrie will be fighting. I believe the players are there tho and some decent young prospects Fash falconer grieve Shaw. Time will tell

You are a big advocate of playing guys from the youth team Bon, what are youth team results like? are they winning every game with ease? Because there is a humungous gulf between youth football and League 1.

Surely youth has to be the way forward. I'm not seeing messi coming to Bayview. Money is tight a wee bit of investment of time in the youth squad might get a few gems. You never know, apparently Falconer had interest from Stoke, Shaw trained with Doncaster when in Portugal. Brown i hear might be off dumfermline a maybe. I'm not saying play them week in week out but falconer for instance has scored a few in reserves something the first team are lacking in. To answer your question the u19 aren't doing very well at all but the youthi'm referring to are not u19 and don't play games although they are asked at times.

Bon
Surely youth has to be the way forward. I'm not seeing messi coming to Bayview. Money is tight a wee bit of investment of time in the youth squad might get a few gems. You never know, apparently Falconer had interest from Stoke, Shaw trained with Doncaster when in Portugal. Brown i hear might be off dumfermline a maybe. I'm not saying play them week in week out but falconer for instance has scored a few in reserves something the first team are lacking in. To answer your question the u19 aren't doing very well at all but the youthi'm referring to are not u19 and don't play games although they are asked at times.

All I can say to that is, I'm glad your no the manager mate! I think Gary Naysmith knows more aboot getting the right team on the park than somebody called Bon, especially going by the above!

And you know what. I'm not talking about that as you can see but your right the results on the park are encouraging eh. Have a look at them 1st game win and every1 was shouting play offs. Why r u no shouting it now because it won't happen. Well no the promotion play off. Footballs a young mans game it folk like you that can't see it

Bon
And you know what. I'm not talking about that as you can see but your right the results on the park are encouraging eh. Have a look at them 1st game win and every1 was shouting play offs. Why r u no shouting it now because it won't happen. Well no the promotion play off. Footballs a young mans game it folk like you that can't see it

hehe, wait until we win a game and the real fans will be out in force saying we can still make the play-offs.

Fackin numpties

East fife ,since i started watching thum,have always tried ti give youth a chance.Willie Herd,Kirkie,Johnny Lumsden,Durie,Kirkwood,Hunter,Ingles,Mitchel etc .Personally theres nothing like watching a young guy coming through inti the first team,playing well, un moving onti a bigger club,un the club getting a few bob anaw!!!!!Trouble is,theres nay money or very little,coming fi transfers fer teams like us,so ither clubs,like oors hiv ti say ti there sells ,youth or experence.Sure,the get young guys on loan fi prem clubs,but fer me its no the same.A hope a few o the young guys who do get a chance can bi added ti the list above,but a hink,in the postion were in,the manager o'll play his mist experence players he can.Hopefully wi kin pull awa fi the bottom twa,un play a few o thum ,in nay pressure games,near the end o the season.

Every game is a pressure game right now!

This season is no different from previous 2 and we are just as shite on the pitch as we were back then.

It's not a shop we need it's a miracle.

Bon
Is the game on. Heard today from a mate Kelty supporters there keeper Fleming is trialling tonight ? IMO if this is true it is a backward step if that is where we are going. We have keepers streets and streets ahead. Should be looking at outfield a bit more, midfield a starting point.

You obviously have an affiliation to some youth team player, perhaps a goalkeeper. You always seem to mention or make reference to him. Because of your bias, I can't really take any of what you say very seriously. Sorry.

No affiliation just an observation/opinion I'm not sorry if it upset you. You clearly have looked at my posts so will have seen I have mentioned a lot of the youth boys Falconer, not sure of his name as I haven't spoken to him, but plays well when I have seen him, Brad, mad dog, Brown now injured oh aye and a keeper sorry don't think I'm allowed to think any of them are decent enough to get a shout one day.

Bon
No affiliation just an observation/opinion I'm not sorry if it upset you. You clearly have looked at my posts so will have seen I have mentioned a lot of the youth boys Falconer, not sure of his name as I haven't spoken to him, but plays well when I have seen him, Brad, mad dog, Brown now injured oh aye and a keeper sorry don't think I'm allowed to think any of them are decent enough to get a shout one day.

Funny you should mention that. I just checked your last ten posts; 80% of them name or make reference to a young goalkeeper.

And what would happen if the manager did use the youth? more shite results, another sacking and another shite season.