Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
East Fife v Airdrie

All games are important but especially at this stage of the season. This game though I feel could be the defining moment for our season. Win and I'd feel pretty confident of staying up. Lose and I fear the worst. Momentum is vital when there are only a dozen or so games left and our form of late has been stuttering to say the least. We need to win tomorrow to instil that momentum and get some confidence for the remaining games.

Players have to stand up and be counted, we cannot afford any passengers. The future of the club is at stake here. Because I for one don't want to be in the pits of the 3rd division next season as I fear that would derail the ambition of Lee Murray and scupper the whole project.

C'mon the Fife!

Re: East Fife v Airdrie

Anyone, anyone out there have an opinion on this match? Or is apathy so ingrained at this club now that no-one gives a shit?

No wonder we're going nowhere and are doomed to mediocrity.

It is apathy that is so ingrained about the total shite that appears on this forum, that nobody gives a shit about mate! It will soon be left only for the trolls, which it is well on the way to achieving.

So much optimism at the beginning of the season and yet again its turned into a complete farce.
Ironic thing is we might actually get relegated this season such is the total lack of quality and commitment on display.

Any you ask if anyone gives a shit?

jeez

Lots of east fife chatter has moved to twitter.

In terms of being positive - we will win tomorrow and it will be the start of our turnaround that will see us become champions of division one 2015.

Punter
So much optimism at the beginning of the season and yet again its turned into a complete farce.
Ironic thing is we might actually get relegated this season such is the total lack of quality and commitment on display.

Any you ask if anyone gives a shit?

jeez

Inexperienced manager at start of season signs below average players. Replaced by another inexperienced manager who inherited the below average players. Not looking good for staying up tbh.

Naysmith hasnt employed below average players? Fisher, Mckenzie, Thomson, Cowan, Smith, Rutkiewics...? Couldnt ask for more proven ability

Awful! If we are going to play long ball then fair enough. But to do that the midfield needs to be able to get up the park and at least win the 2nd ball, but the ball just comes right back on top of us. Might be worth trying Willis in the centre and inject some pace. Surely he can't do a worse job than Johnny Stewart or even Fisher.
Buchanan wld a good player if he was given some help, instead Kevin Smith has been signed and is getting employed as a target man.
The whole setup of the team is far too negative and when we have two centre midfielders who are incapable of tackling the defence is instantly under pressure.
Naysmith has inherited a shambles of a team but his tactics in the last two games haven't helped. We give teams nothing to think about and I can't see where the next win is going to come from. If we finish anywhere out the bottom 2 it will be a bonus.

We desperately need to bring in a striker to support Liam. Kevin Smith doesn't look up to it. He missed a sitter today. Fash needs to bulk up, he is too lightweight. Of course we have Pat Clarke still to come back, but lets not even go there because I doubt he could even score in an Amsterdam brothel.
Hopefully Gary and Heggie can use their contacts to bring in someone soon.

John smart has his critics . Any player knows if ther havin a nitemare . Manager must have his thoughts playin him .Disagree with negative reaction when replaced . No player deserves that reagardless

New manager, a sprinkling of new players equals same auld shite!! What are our tactics, what is the system, oh yea hump it up the park so as the opposition can hump it straight back. The management and players are totally devoid of ideas. Thank Christ I won't be there next week. I will, however, be in attendance both home and away for the rest of the season but I will not be buying into the dream with a season ticket next season, I just feel I have been mugged.

Think the Ref done his best to help spoil the game,but there is no getting away from it tho it aint a pretty style of fitba we are playing. Just mind how we played under willie looked braw eh ? but we would be at the bottom the now if we had stuck playing like that. losing 2 goals a week was the norm, that aint happening.
Im impressed with the professional approach we now have at the club with gary at the helm. lets need drive him away folks eh ?

You can get goals against Rangers if you are motivated enough.

We'll get pumped 6 nil which says it all really.

Jim Moffat Jr
Think the Ref done his best to help spoil the game,but there is no getting away from it tho it aint a pretty style of fitba we are playing. Just mind how we played under willie looked braw eh ? but we would be at the bottom the now if we had stuck playing like that. losing 2 goals a week was the norm, that aint happening.
Im impressed with the professional approach we now have at the club with gary at the helm. lets need drive him away folks eh ?
I do agree the passing football under Wullie was great to watch. Although I'm disappointed this is the style of play we have to resort to inorder to try and get results. However I do feel that our squad has too much quality to go down and I think we will be okay. But I don't think it's going to be pretty.

Facked off with it
You can get goals against Rangers if you are motivated enough.

We'll get pumped 6 nil which says it all really.

All it says is that your knowledge of lower division football in this country is limited at best. The previous poster pointed out that Stenhousemuir, a team that drew with us seven days earlier was able to go to Ibrox and bring back a point. We have a chance, although we need to compete better middle to front.