Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Final Score

East Fife 0 Rangers 1 . Scored goal in 90 min. on a penalty.

Re: Final Score

Gutted. Great effort. Same old cheating Huns.

Covfifer

Cheating hungs? It was a clear penalty ya hawfwit.

Covfifer

Cheating huns? It was a clear penalty ya hawfwit.

No complaints stonewall pen.
The worrying thing was it came from the ball at rangers back 4. Turned to easy then a fresh player looked slow no press or urgency hence easy ball into feet, templeman turned and a strikers challenge in the box.

Same old idiot lino lickers

Sorry to disagree with a Lino Licker, but i'm not so sore it was a stonewall.

In real time, sure it looked one, but, when you see the replay from the touchline angle, its fairly clear to me the defender (Clarke i think) withdrew from the tackle and Templeton did the old "stick his trailing out to catch the defender trick".

Referee bought it, which was for me the only black mark on an otherwise good performance.

disagree unfortunately with above post,sorry to say it was a penalty.Poor and lazy challenge from clarke,typical forward in the wrong box.

Woeful tackle from Clarke,utter stupidity.Too be fair though he`s just as pish in the oppositions box as well.Nugget.Terrible signing.

YorkshireFifer
Sorry to disagree with a Lino Licker, but i'm not so sore it was a stonewall.

In real time, sure it looked one, but, when you see the replay from the touchline angle, its fairly clear to me the defender (Clarke i think) withdrew from the tackle and Templeton did the old "stick his trailing out to catch the defender trick".

Referee bought it, which was for me the only black mark on an otherwise good performance.

Ok but surely you need to watch the reply first. It was a stonewall pen no question.

Watched the game on TV and it was a stonewall penalty, no debate in it.

Thats us in the play off place now,Arbroath breathing down our necks,with a tough away game midweek at Stranraer and crucial clash at Arbroath looming large .We are even deeper in the mire.Big performances required this week and our non scoring strikers have to come out of hiding.

That was tough to take and would have been a well deserved point but can't argue with the penalty decision.

I'm pretty worried now. Airdrie are going well and have a bit of form and that was a good win for the smokies too. I just can't see us finishing better than 9th, which means relegation I'm afraid.

Double gutted
Woeful tackle from Clarke,utter stupidity.Too be fair though he`s just as pish in the oppositions box as well.Nugget.Terrible signing.

Watch oot, The real fans will be on yer case defending his sheer class.

Felt sorry for the players as they had worked their socks of for 93 minutes. There is no doubt we deserved a point from that game, and I hope the players take something positive on to the remaining 10 games. Airdrie and Arbroath have to play each other twice so something has to give there. We are the only team that has played Rangers 4 times so the others still to play the circus fixture. Team had a really good shape about it today with Campbell, Mbu, Paterson, Mckenzie and Rutkiewcz all out standing in the black and gold. If the players show the same effort and commitment I am certain we will give as good as we get. A very hard game away on Tuesday and a point would take us back to 3rd bottom. Hope fisher is fit for the coming week. Not the end of the world the games against your Stranraers and Arbroaths will define our season. Lets keep the heads up and if we can improve in the final 3rd I am sure we are good enough at the back now to get some points in our up and coming games.

suggs
Double gutted

Watch oot, The real fans will be on yer case defending his sheer class.

Yawn.

Ah would ah built team aroond the likes o moosavi clark and Willis likes.
We dinay half ken how tae spot talent Doon at bayview.

Real Supporter
Ah would ah built team aroond the likes o moosavi clark and Willis likes.
We dinay half ken how tae spot talent Doon at bayview.

No again. Will ye stoap it, ah cannae stop laughing at ye mate!

Bring back Craig Lumsden