Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Latest v Stranraer

0-0 30 mins

Re: Latest v Stranraer

1-0 to them (bollocks!)

We will now need to do something we haven't done in 225 minutes score a goal. Hard to see where it is going to come from. Heres hoping we can at least grab a draw.

Thats us second bottom now. Airdrie move above us on goal difference.

Sad times to be an EF supporter.

Finished 2 0

Tonights game at Ayr finished Ayr 2-3 Forfar
Which means a gap of 7 points between us and Forfar.
Was hoping it would only be 1 after tonight.

270 minutes without a goal tells its own sorry tale. Bottom 3 now set in stone just what order. Cup final of all cup finals at Gayfield on Saturdy.

Can see Arbroath trouncing us on Saturday.
No desire about this current team and fully expect to be bottom in next couple of weeks where we`ll stay.

And deservedly so!

Wasn't expecting too much tonight, a point would of been a fantastic but it was always going to be tough to come away with anything, Stranraer have been by far the stand out team of the season and deserve to be where there are, think we need to hold our hands up and admit we were beaten by a better side tonight, Arbroath was already a massive game but it's now even more important to pick up not just 1 but all 3 points, play positively and with confidence and I reckon we'll beat them. Still a lot of points to play for.

#MonTheFife

Facked aff
No desire about this current team and fully expect to be bottom in next couple of weeks where we`ll stay.

And deservedly so!

You are talking pure shit!

Wullie
Facked aff

And deservedly so!

Sorry mate he's just telling the the truth and if you think otherwise you are deluded.

This team is worse than last season, which is saying something. Dismal in all areas of the park with a clueless rookie manager to boot. Do we ever learn? This is another car crash of a season and we will deservedly be playing in the bottom league next season. Let's face it East Fife are a basket case, have been for 20 years and always will be.

Wullie
Facked aff

And deservedly so!

Yet another East Fife fan who can't bear to hear the truth! Massive game on Saturday! The games I've saw we looked like a 3rd Div side! Very very lucky to stay up last season, sadly I don't think we'll be as lucky this season!

If we get beat on Saturday then its going to be an almighty struggle to avoid 10th place. If we win on Saturday then that might be the catalyst the team needs to gather some points. I have to admit though we are devoid of ideas up front and can't see where the goals are going to come from. These facts alone highlight the problem area; can't score goals well you'll just not win. Simples!

DPH
Wullie
Facked aff

And deservedly so!

Yet another East Fife fan who can't bear to hear the truth! Massive game on Saturday! The games I've saw we looked like a 3rd Div side! Very very lucky to stay up last season, sadly I don't think we'll be as lucky this season!

Naw mate, the truth is that you and your mates are yet other supposedly EF fans who cannot wait to criticise the club, manager, players the first chance you get. I wasn't at the game at Stranraer, but according to the BBC stats, EF had more possession, shots at goal, etc so to say the players have no desire is definitely utter bullshit and just a statement made by someone who does not have a clue. How can you say something like that when you haven't even seen the game?

You guys need to get a life, Rome wasn't built in a day and no matter how many managers/players we go through, you still don't get that! It is EF fans who are fast becoming a joke, as we all get tarred with the same brush because of you and your like posting utter drivel.

Quote=Wullie]

Facked aff
Can see Arbroath trouncing us on as this season haturday.

And deservedly so!

You are talking pure shit![/quote]

Is he really Wullie? I think you're the one that's talking shite.

Shocking season, shocking team and as above poster said basket case of a club.

Wake up and smell the coffee man. Too many dreamers at East Fife as this season has proved.
Stiill, at least we'll have a new shop in the bottom leave. Good to see us getting our priorities right eh Wullie.

Wullie
DPH
Wullie
Facked aff

And deservedly so!

Naw mate, the truth is that you and your mates are yet other supposedly EF fans who cannot wait to criticise the club, manager, players the first chance you get. I wasn't at the game at Stranraer, but according to the BBC stats, EF had more possession, shots at goal, etc so to say the players have no desire is definitely utter bullshit and just a statement made by someone who does not have a clue. How can you say something like that when you haven't even seen the game?

You guys need to get a life, Rome wasn't built in a day and no matter how many managers/players we go through, you still don't get that! It is EF fans who are fast becoming a joke, as we all get tarred with the same brush because of you and your like posting utter drivel.

Sorry Wullie the only stat that matters is Stranraer 2 East Fife 0. The big fat zero after East Fife is the clue and one that has become all too common this season

21 goals scored in 27 games. Defend that if you can.

To say 'clueless rookie manager' just sums up our 'fans'. The guys been in for about 12 games and already some idiots have branded him clueless and no doubt want him out? It's pathetic. We made the wrong choice in Aitchison and he was allowed to make some dreadful signings. Naysmith has come in and probably realised that in the current situation we can't play tippy tappy football with the squad we have so he's brought in guys that he feels give us a chance of survival. Even if we go down we need to give the manager another 2 seasons to at least give it a go. We have a poor team, that's the reason we are where we are, not the manager. Get a grip people and get behind the team.

Sorry Doug that just won't wash. 6 of the team that started last night were brought in by Naysmith, it is as much his team as Aitchison's.

"Rome wasn't built in a day"

We're not trying to build Rome, just win a couple of fucking games in one of the poorest leagues in history.

Cowdenbeath, Dumbarton and Alloa hardly needed to "build Rome" to get where they are now did they?

Grim Reaper
Sorry Doug that just won't wash. 6 of the team that started last night were brought in by Naysmith, it is as much his team as Aitchison's.

Ok, so he has to bring these players straight into battle, no pre season and he's hoping it works. It might not work and if it doesn't do we sack him?

ClaySTAR!

We're not trying to build Rome, just win a couple of fucking games in one of the poorest leagues in history.

Cowdenbeath, Dumbarton and Alloa hardly needed to "build Rome" to get where they are now did they?

You obviously do not have a grasp of what an analogy is mate?

Fat Doug
To say 'clueless rookie manager' just sums up our 'fans'. The guys been in for about 12 games and already some idiots have branded him clueless and no doubt want him out? It's pathetic. We made the wrong choice in Aitchison and he was allowed to make some dreadful signings. Naysmith has come in and probably realised that in the current situation we can't play tippy tappy football with the squad we have so he's brought in guys that he feels give us a chance of survival. Even if we go down we need to give the manager another 2 seasons to at least give it a go. We have a poor team, that's the reason we are where we are, not the manager. Get a grip people and get behind the team.

So its someone elses fault then for appointing aitchison?Wonder who that would be?

Fat Doug
Grim Reaper

Ok, so he has to bring these players straight into battle, no pre season and he's hoping it works. It might not work and if it doesn't do we sack him?

I'm with Doug on this one

Cowan, Rusty, McKenzie have looked excellent and I'm delighted with the additions.
O'Neill in flashes has looked decent, Smith hasn't set the heather alight but he has a proven record at this level.

The rest of the season is going to be tough. It won't be pretty to watch. But whether we survive or go down I'd stay with Gary. Let him clear out those that simply are not good enough.

ClaySTAR!

All three of which 'built' their successful path up to the Championship from the old division 3 not so long ago. Get the meaning of 'built' mate?

ClaySTAR!

Also, the league is nowhere near the poorest league in history. Rangers, Dunfermline, Ayr and Stranraer are all streets ahead of any of the teams that have competed in this division for several years with the possible exception of QOS & Livingston. Try thinking a wee bit before you write next time.

BTW, we have already won a couple of games in this league, but that is nowhere near enough, so don't get your logic in saying that? We need to win several games in this league and we will only do that when we have a settled team and managerial set up. Changing managers and players at the frequency we are, is not going to achieve any consistency of good form. That has to be built up, that is BUILT up, in case you missed the point!

We need to start wining games now

Fat Doug

Agree with grim reaper , much preferred the team playing good football like the start of the season as appose to watching this rubbish. But is still think we have the players that will keep is up. Keep the faith!!

Least this thread shows we're all passionate and want the same thing.

Just a fucking pity we're in a worse position than when Dave Baikie was here!

If we go down its not the end of the world

Colin H

Maybe not Colin but will be for many.
No way I'm watching basement league football.
Done with it.

gus
Colin H

Done with it.

Bottom league didn't do Stranraer any harm??? With 10 team leagues there is not much difference between bottom 6 of League 1 and top 4 of league 2. So "not watching basement league" doesn't make an excuse not to go to games. As for financial side, this season has brought better finance due to Gers and Dumfy, otherwise not much difference in away support at bayview between League 1 & 2.

The Fife is our team. We have, in my opinion a dedicated manager who is determined to succeed and in my opinion [patience] will succeed. We have not been good this season, that is obvious as the table and stats don't lie. Stick with it guys, football has its ups and downs. The ups in the near future will be all the sweeter.

Well said mate I think abroath have to do the hard work as if we win I say abroath are down for sure u agree with me

Agree with fifey ,I am 100% certain Gary Naysmith will be hurting every bit as much as us. We are not relegated yet, lets get up to Arbroath on Saturday and roar the team on to a massive 3 points. If we can win a 7 point gap is a good cushion with only 8 games to go. You would think Rangers would beat Airdrie at ibrox in their next game. We must be due a slice of luck with injuries and last minute goals all going against us. I know we are all frustrated but only hard work from the management and players will turn this round. We can all do our bit by getting right behind the team starting on Saturday.

I think abroath are just about down I think we can just about send there down if we beat them

gus
Colin H

Done with it.

What a soccer snob! Nothing but the best for you, eh?

There is no way that being relegated can be seen as a good thing. The best part of 400 season tickets where sold at the start of this season, if fans really believed that 8th was the best we could hope for the club would never have sold that many. The board can say that 8th was always the target but the noises coming out the club where at the time a lot more positive.

Pre-season and the appointments of Aitchison and Drinkell was an absolute disaster. While Aitchison was handing out contracts like confetti (Stranraer in particular) where signing good proven players at this level. We had players signed and then released before the season even kicked off!!

When we where in this position last year you could just about see a way out of it and we where probably the slightly better team over the playoff games. But I don't think this squad would have beaten Berwick, nevermind Peterhead.

Naysmith has been hampered by the standard of the squad. But at the same time his negative tactics aren't going to help us get goals. Buchanan gets more isolated as the game goes on and drops deeper and deeper to try and get a touch. Kevin Smith to be honest has looked of the pace due to lack of playing time before signing for us. Though I am not convinced that he will be the answer to our goal scoring woes.

Regardless of what happens I do feel that Naysmith should be kept on and given time to assemble a squad and because we can't afford to have a 3rd pre-season as bad as the last 2.

However I have a feeling that might be the case anyway. As personally I think that Lee Murrays piece in the program and the mail regarding fans was the opening shot of his resignation letter. After all the shareholders can just replace him with somebody else.

Wullie
gus
Colin H

Done with it.

1st division is hardly being a snob William. What a silly little boy you are.
This season has been an absolute joke and as previous poster mentioned season ticket sales have never been so good because the punters were sold a load of balls.
I've a sneaky suspicion that if this club goes down it will stay down and any hope of plugging season tickets will be long gone.

Bit like your I.Q. William.

The person who appointed Aitchison and allowed those crazy signings is a major contributer to this car crash of a season.

I`m totally behind Gary, the team and Lee but i would ask that Gary gets the team playing with a more winning formation and attitude rather than trying not to lose.

Saturday is massive and will be a big factor o how our season will end up.

Wullie
gus
Colin H

Done with it.

Yes how dare we demand 3rd tier football! I know it's getting above our station but I rather like swanning it with the big boys like Forfar, Stranraer and Brechin. I mean we wouldn't want to be slumming it with low-life like Montrose and East Stirling all the time wouldn't we?

And as for being up there with those giants of the game Cowdenbeath and Alloa, well we can only dream can't we.

If we stay up we colud have Morton and Raith and pars and Peterhead and strling abion what a great league that will be

Tron,i agree with yer comments regarding Lee Murrey.16 month ti sign oor a fitba club iz fuckin farcical.Rankin un co hiv/hid nay intentions o selling the club in ma opinion.Wi Broon in ki hoots wi him in iz pal Hunter it Livvy,fuck knows whats getting said.Also wi Sid getting the heev ho(rankin/Dunbarton),that probably didn'y gan doon to weel ether.Then yiv got inither twat thit wiz here wi Broon,on the board noo,well that says it au fer me.If wi hid moved grund this season,Kennowy????,un that lot got there tuppence worth,Lee wid ov got the club in ma opinion.The pair cunts pissing against the wund if ye ask me.Iz fer the fitba,um hoping oor strickers come gid,but Clarke un Smith,nay goals un Fash wi the wan dizn'y fill mi wi much hope .Still stranger hings hiv happened a suppose.

From the Courier. Seems we played well and toock the game to them! Rest of the report has a couple of more missed chances.

East Fife missed the opportunity to pick up much-needed league points with a strong performance at Stair Park but were beaten by a goal in either half from in-form Stranraer.

The Fifers started brightly, with their hosts looking somewhat lacklustre, suffering after the recent heavy fixture card which has seen them play six games in 18 days.

Indeed, the visitors really should have capitalised on early pressure, with both Joe Mbu and Stephen O’Neill blazing early opportunities over the bar.

enfifer
Tron,i agree with yer comments regarding Lee Murrey.16 month ti sign oor a fitba club iz fuckin farcical.Rankin un co hiv/hid nay intentions o selling the club in ma opinion.Wi Broon in ki hoots wi him in iz pal Hunter it Livvy,fuck knows whats getting said.Also wi Sid getting the heev ho(rankin/Dunbarton),that probably didn'y gan doon to weel ether.Then yiv got inither twat thit wiz here wi Broon,on the board noo,well that says it au fer me.If wi hid moved grund this season,Kennowy????,un that lot got there tuppence worth,Lee wid ov got the club in ma opinion.The pair cunts pissing against the wund if ye ask me.Iz fer the fitba,um hoping oor strickers come gid,but Clarke un Smith,nay goals un Fash wi the wan dizn'y fill mi wi much hope .Still stranger hings hiv happened a suppose.

Christ, what a mess. You never heard of English language you nugget?

I think Bobby Linn will come back to haunt us.

Oh no he wont. Like Mr Mbu says, we are getting better. I predict we break our low scoring run come Saturday. MONTHEFIFE.

Just watched the highlights of Stranraer game on you tube. Our defensive frailties appear for the 1st goal McKenna winning a header from a corner when he is surrounded by a number of black and gold shirts. 2nd goal is the kind of thing that goes against you when you are at the bottom of the pile, a wicked deflection looping over the keeper when the shot was going no where. Stevie Hughes looked prominent in all the things we did going forward, but no one to come up with a finish. I have to say every time I have seen Arbroath this season they have looked poor. They have only won 2 games in 18 attempts. I hope we go with an attacking formation and really go for it, would rather this than playing for a cagey draw. The players will know that defeat pulls us into a dog fight. Time for the leaders to stand up and be counted. Would like to see Scott Mcbride starting out wide left. Hope Stevie Campbell is fit to play along side Hughes in the middle.

enfifer

You probably made a few good points there, but to be honest, I couldn't be arsed toiling my way through this mess.

I can just see you as well, probably spending ages working on a post that you have to read phonetically in your head, so that it emphasises a Fife accent, a post that should only really take you all of what…? Two minutes to type out, but instead you’ve probably spent five to ten minutes, this on a medium that has taken off only because of its immediacy and clear, concise points of view.

What a waste of time!

Whats wrong with posting in a Fife accent old beans???Its no my fault that you were not brought up in my part off Fife.My spelling might not be up to scratch but i find it easyer to write the way i talk rather than English grammer.It is a Fife website after all,so it should no probs to most people on here.unless your an incomer right enough.And wtf,old chap,this has taken about twice as long to write than it normally would ov taken me,but hay,i did it just for you old chap.

enfifer
Whats wrong with posting in a Fife accent old beans???Its no my fault that you were not brought up in my part off Fife.My spelling might not be up to scratch but i find it easyer to write the way i talk rather than English grammer.It is a Fife website after all,so it should no probs to most people on here.unless your an incomer right enough.And wtf,old chap,this has taken about twice as long to write than it normally would ov taken me,but hay,i did it just for you old chap.

Well said enfifer! You stick to your coast lingo!

DLA
enfifer

Well said enfifer! You stick to your coast lingo!

I agree, because it is just as hard to read his posts even when it is closer to 'propa' English.

enfifer

What's wrong is that by posting you want to convey opinion,information or a recipe to improve performance. However no sane reader continues after the first few words so the reason for your post is defeated and none of your insights are conveyed thus leadin to the colapse of our civilisation.

Fifey
Oh no he wont. Like Mr Mbu says, we are getting better. I predict we break our low scoring run come Saturday. MONTHEFIFE.

Me too.

Arbroath 3 East Fife 1 it is then

The Dude
Fifey

Me too.

Arbroath 3 East Fife 1 it is then

could go either way as both teams are shite and deserve to be where they are in league.

Colin H

Are you feckin for REAL ? Do you know what it takes to win promotion to the league above ?

Andrew Miller
Wasn't expecting too much tonight, a point would of been a fantastic but it was always going to be tough to come away with anything, Stranraer have been by far the stand out team of the season and deserve to be where there are, think we need to hold our hands up and admit we were beaten by a better side tonight, Arbroath was already a massive game but it's now even more important to pick up not just 1 but all 3 points, play positively and with confidence and I reckon we'll beat them. Still a lot of points to play for.

#MonTheFife

Go and support Dunfermline you piece of shite. No one gives a fuck about what you have to say you fuckin skinny twat.

Aye I no want it takes to come back up but we won't go down I hope not

Hunter
Andrew Miller

#MonTheFife

Go and support Dunfermline you piece of shite. No one gives a fuck about what you have to say you fuckin skinny twat.
Clearly you give a Fuck what he says that you feel the need to abuse him? Bet you feel like a right big Hardman sitting behind your phone or eh? Erse

Hunter
Andrew Miller

#MonTheFife

Hunter = freak of the week.
What an erse.