Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
This awful season

I`m going to be brutally honest here.
I`ve supported this club for the best part of 35 years. Had some good times and plenty of bad.
Not really too bothered about behind the scenes politics and who the chairman is etc. Don't really care. All cheats and liars in my book.
I just want a team to be proud of. A team that gives its all and wins well and loses well.
Since this current boardroom set up took over this club has got much worse.
Who cares about fancy advertising boards, a shop, a cafe?
What will happen to the 25k of fans money once this club gets relegated at the end of season? Do they really think a club shop is the answer to life in the worst league in Scotland? It will take years to bounce back from relegation under this shower. Do they really think they will raise enough money for phase 2? Erm, no chance!
The fans of East Fife have been sold a cracker. No doubt in my mind.
Promises of big names, promotion, Takeover etc are utter drivel designed for the selling of season tickets and a big hug from Ally McCoist and his Rangers buddies. It all means nothing when we are officially relegated.
Aitchison was the worst manager in East Fifes history and wont be forgotten by many of us. The full time contracts that were dished out were an early warning sign for most of us on here. Total incompetence and a very bad appointment. Dear god why on earth was that man appointed and why was it allowed to happen?

The current team...Jesus wept. I`ve never seen such a spineless bunch.I thought i had last season but this lot take the biscuit. They are rank rotten as a team with the exception of Patterson, Campbell and Hughes. The rest are junior league at very very best. The appointment of Naysmith i`m not convinced, but only fair to give him time now.He`ll soon understand the meaning of shite next season on the bottom league where no doubt this boardroom will be quite happy to fester.
How can so much apparent activity take place behind the scenes yet allow all this to be destroyed by a bunch of incompetents posing as football players?

And what have we gained from this experience as a club?
Relegation and a 25k shop!
Happy days and really wish i could say i was proud to support this club but i cant anymore. Its embarrassing and i`ve spent my last money at the club and i know of many others.

So, all that said, fair play to the current board. You`ve taken a bad situation and made it a whole lot worse, and that guys is a legacy in which you will be remembered unfortunately should this club go down.

Re: This awful season

I think this post says it all.Well done mate.

Some will no doubt try, but I think the OP is hard to argue with.
The win away to Dunfermline looks like the highlight of our season but I would argue it made relegation more likely, because it bought Aitchison more time. I expect some will say Gavin Murray was a worse manager, but he was not. Gavin was a figure of ridicule and a bad appointment but he knew the game and his results were mixed rather than abysmal. Hard to believe I am saying this but it is true.

Mr Hutchison
I`ve supported this club for the best part of 35 years. Had some good times and plenty of bad.
Not really too bothered about behind the scenes politics and who the chairman is etc. Don't really care. All cheats and liars in my book.
I just want a team to be proud of. A team that gives its all and wins well and loses well.
What will happen to the 25k of fans money once this club gets relegated at the end of season? Do they really think a club shop is the answer to life in the worst league in Scotland? It will take years to bounce back from relegation under this shower. Do they really think they will raise enough money for phase 2? Erm, no chance!
Promises of big names, promotion, Takeover etc are utter drivel designed for the selling of season tickets and a big hug from Ally McCoist and his Rangers buddies. It all means nothing when we are officially relegated.
Aitchison was the worst manager in East Fifes history and wont be forgotten by many of us. The full time contracts that were dished out were an early warning sign for most of us on here. Total incompetence and a very bad appointment. Dear god why on earth was that man appointed and why was it allowed to happen?

The current team...Jesus wept. I`ve never seen such a spineless bunch.I thought i had last season but this lot take the biscuit. They are rank rotten as a team with the exception of Patterson, Campbell and Hughes. The rest are junior league at very very best. The appointment of Naysmith i`m not convinced, but only fair to give him time now.He`ll soon understand the meaning of shite next season on the bottom league where no doubt this boardroom will be quite happy to fester.
How can so much apparent activity take place behind the scenes yet allow all this to be destroyed by a bunch of incompetents posing as football players?

Happy days and really wish i could say i was proud to support this club but i cant anymore. Its embarrassing and i`ve spent my last money at the club and i know of many others.

So, all that said, fair play to the current board. You`ve taken a bad situation and made it a whole lot worse, and that guys is a legacy in which you will be remembered unfortunately should this club go down.

Mr H.
Totally understand your frustration. Its still your club though and not going to games will not help. Your post may have been valid if we had been relegated but with 8 games to go your post is a tad too early.

Fifey mate, it's not too early at all. If it was posted at Christmas it would have been bang 100% accurate.
We've been well and truly shafted.

Mr Hutchison

To be brutally honest, advertising boards bring in money ya numpty!

If that's the only thing you can pick up on then Ya gotta wonder who the numpty is eh real fan?

To be brutally honest, I was only stating a fact. Do you have a problem with that?

Just your attitude and pathetic name calling.

That enough for you?

It was meant to be tongue in cheek, while stating a fact. Lighten up.

Real fan.
To be brutally honest, I was only stating a fact. Do you have a problem with that?

I don't think anyone has. But what I'd like to hear is your actual opinion on the state of the club right now, the ownership, the direction of the Board and the team's performances because on this thread and the other one you have offered nothing of any interest whatsoever.

This aint pie stall, club shop,youth players or full time contracts shit that our saviour likes to comment on.
Why no words from the messiah on this,waiting.....

Tell you what im starting to shit myself after watching those highlights. Even if we got a penalty and scored it would have been our only shot on target playing with the wind in Arbroath ??? feck me im struggling for words . thought I wait till seen eftv till comment but its worse.
Naysmith made some decent signings in jan IMO it might just save us by skin of teeth, just depends how poor Airdrie and the broath end up

How many of us would take the play-off the now though ?

Annan away ...... yes please

Jimmy Bone was by far the worst manager in the last 30 years or so.

Terracing Now!
Real fan.

I don't think anyone has. But what I'd like to hear is your actual opinion on the state of the club right now, the ownership, the direction of the Board and the team's performances because on this thread and the other one you have offered nothing of any interest whatsoever.

Why should you want that, when you have not commented on this thread apart from your post above, which is only about me? Or did you forget to change user names?

Mr Hutchison

Progress made off field takes 2 maybe three seasons to have an effect on field. Not having a massive cash injection means we'll have to wait a bit to see improvements on the field.

That's fair enough NC but I don't think anyone bargained on being relegated.

It's actually div muir's fault.

Had he not scored to keep us up, we'd be in the 3rd division where the playing budget would probably have been enough to put us in contention for the title. The new board would be seen as heroes and all would be looking rosy.

I don't think we'll be relegated. Instead we'll develop the fighting character that will not only keep us up, but take us on to promotion next year as well.

Noisy Crossbar
Mr Hutchison

Progress made off field takes 2 maybe three seasons to have an effect on field. Not having a massive cash injection means we'll have to wait a bit to see improvements on the field.

With you here NC.

Mr Hutchison

We should all be bothered “who is chairman etc” is because down the years Scottish football has had its fair share of charlatans in such roles. However, to claim that (all) directors are “cheats and liars” is outrageous.

Most clubs in Scotland, at one time or another, have owed their continued existence to the efforts and generosity of directors and/or chairmen – that’s why so many stands throughout the land are named after directors and chairmen.

If there was no connection between money and the team which takes the field there would be no need for Financial Fair Play. I know from responses I have had from the EFFC chairman that there are lots of things going on behind the scenes at Bayview to help make the club more efficient in its ability to bring in money and in the way it spends its income.

Such efforts have one aim: to give East Fife the best possible team. That's why what goes on behind the scenes IS vital.

The team is obviously not doing well at the moment, and no doubt mistakes have been made by the incoming board, but to criticise the whole club in such a scatter-gun manner serves no useful purpose.

Having said that, someone who takes the time to record their feelings in such stark and detailed terms clearly cares about the club and I hope you will reconsider your present intention to walk away.

Bob McPherson
Mr Hutchison

We should all be bothered “who is chairman etc” is because down the years Scottish football has had its fair share of charlatans in such roles. However, to claim that (all) directors are “cheats and liars” is outrageous.

Most clubs in Scotland, at one time or another, have owed their continued existence to the efforts and generosity of directors and/or chairmen – that’s why so many stands throughout the land are named after directors and chairmen.

If there was no connection between money and the team which takes the field there would be no need for Financial Fair Play. I know from responses I have had from the EFFC chairman that there are lots of things going on behind the scenes at Bayview to help make the club more efficient in its ability to bring in money and in the way it spends its income.

Such efforts have one aim: to give East Fife the best possible team. That's why what goes on behind the scenes IS vital.

The team is obviously not doing well at the moment, and no doubt mistakes have been made by the incoming board, but to criticise the whole club in such a scatter-gun manner serves no useful purpose.

Having said that, someone who takes the time to record their feelings in such stark and detailed terms clearly cares about the club and I hope you will reconsider your present intention to walk away.

Well said Bob.

Excellent post Bob!!!!

Noisy Crossbar
It's actually div muir's fault.

Had he not scored to keep us up, we'd be in the 3rd division where the playing budget would probably have been enough to put us in contention for the title. The new board would be seen as heroes and all would be looking rosy.

I don't think we'll be relegated. Instead we'll develop the fighting character that will not only keep us up, but take us on to promotion next year as well.

Yeah excellent post bob. Lets all get behind a club going absolutely fucking nowhere apart from the arsehole league of Scottish football.
Happy days eh!