Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Question and Answer session

Due to circumstances the supporters club meeting and question and answer session with the manager and chairmain scheduled for tomorrow night has had to be cancelled. We are hoping to now have it on 27th March instead, but i will let you know. Sorry for any inconvenience.

Also the supporters club are holding a quiz night on Saturday 15th March @ 7.30pm, all are welcome to come and have a little bit of fun.

Re: Question and Answer session

How many times has this been cancelled now? I remember at the start of the revolution we were told that there would be a Q and A every 2 months?

The word "feart" comes to mind!

Meeting cancelled "due to circumstances". What circumstances? Members should be told the details. So much for all the openness.

The "circumstances" are beyond our control in that the SC meetings are always held on a thursday night and unfortunatley the Chairman is away on business until Friday therefor this week is out the question and the trust are having there annual AGM next Thursday at Bayview hence the reason we are having to move it so far into the month.

Hope this answers your question

We must win on Saturday agenst ary united on Saturday

Colin h
We must win on Saturday agenst ary united on Saturday

Away win Colin. You`ve seen the team. Go figure neebur.

Is the Meeting on the 27TH still on ?

As far as I am aware it is still on nothing to say it has been cancelled, Remember it is open to all but there will be the usual SC meeting as well.

A question and answer session with Lee Murray, Chairman and Gary Naysmith, Manager will be held under the auspices of the Supporters' Club on Thursday, 27th March 2014 at 7.30pm in the Jeek Fleming Suite, Bayview Stadium, Methil.

This will be open to all members and non members - all welcome.

From the EF Official Site

Hope there is a good turnout for this. Wouldn't be great if Gary and Lee are making this effort for only a handful of people to turn up.

Can you delay the start as I am working 12hrs will be down as soon as I can

I really enjoyed tonight's meeting - many thanks to Gary, Lee and the Supporter's Club Committee for making it happen.

Many thanks for the feedback NC glad you enjoyed it I thought it went very well and was delighted to see so many turn out for it. The manager and chairman have always said this could be a regular thing possibly every quarter which is good for relations between the club and fans in my opinion. This is something we will continue to look at if everyone is in agreement.

What was said tonight about performances and prospects for the run in? Any news on players for next season?

Performance is great, we may still make he top 5 and Messi, Ronaldo, Bale n some bloke called Hulk r lined up on pre contract agreements........or at least that's what I think was said!

(when I get a minute I'll also put some genuine answers down or if someone who was there can possibly break it down before that it would be appreciated cheers)

One swallow doesn't make a summer.

A strange away win at weekend and we're all smiles again.

Q Mr Chairman & Mr Naysmith...
Why are we so shit?

Also, do you think you'll sell as many season tickets next time up?

I was a bit miffed to hear that we had offered deals to a number of current players for next season but THEY are waiting to see what division WE are in next season (!!!)

1. I'm not sure any more than 2 or 3 of this lot are worthy of new deals.

2. The reason we may well be in the third division is because these guys can't be arsed most weeks, and only seemed to turn up at big away derbies or Rangers games.

Funny,I never heard you voicing those concerns tonight Fife 10 when you had the chance.

I thought the Q and A session was very good. Both Gary and Lee were very honest and it lasted for about an hour and a half.
It was a really good insight into the workings of the club

Good to know that even 10 year olds attended the meeting last night as well. Perfectly understandable why Fife10 didn't voice any concerns until he was behind his keyboard again, he was too shy? Sigh...... kids, eh?

Just want to apologise. I wasn't at the meeting as I was at work, and was going on info texted to me by a mate, which I misread. The meeting all sounded very positive and I shouldn't have posted such kneejerk crap, it was a long day

Any idea which players have been signed up for next season?
Hopefully not many!

skinny Jim
Hopefully not many!

Keven Rutkewic
Stevie Campbell
Kevin Smith
Ross Brown

sammy
skinny Jim
Hopefully not many!

Keven Rutkewic
Stevie Campbell
Kevin Smith
Ross Brown

Cheers Sammy.

sammy
skinny Jim
Hopefully not many!

Keven Rutkewic
Stevie Campbell
Kevin Smith
Ross Brown

Great start. Keep up the good work

skinny Jim
Hopefully not many!

NICE ONE SJ. Slagging the squad off. What terrible post.Players will really gain confidence wondering who you mean. Great fan you are, NOT!!