Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Struggling, struggling, we are struggling!

I have supported East Fife many a year and I have to say that was probably the worst 90 minutes I have witnessed ( and there has been a few), everything was wrong; tactics, commitment, desire, passion, pride, professionalism. Most players on the park were living a facade pretending to be an East Fife football player. Personally I was disgusted with the performance from a managerial and playing perspective. I feel we as supporters have been conned out our money, promised a dream but delivered a nightmare. Yes allegedly things are improving slightly commercially behind the scenes but on field, its a slide and unfortunately its all the way to the lower echelons . That frustrates, angers, disappoints me but mostly it saddens me greatly. The worst thing about this situation is that we are haemorrhaging fans, loyal fans, fans that have stayed true for many a year.

Now here is the million dollar question what the hell is going on? Management team totally silent and not communicating; players, hate to say it, going through the motions. I want Gary to stay, I would rather Kevin H would leave, and well for the so called players that are disgracing the beautiful history of our club; if they don't want to play for us don't. We are pathetic just now, an embarrassment, inept performances scream out negative under currents behind the scenes. There must be issues behind the scene, its the only logical answer for what we are witnessing, if its not well it beggars belief.

Lee this is a plea; can you please update us as to what is happening ?What is the plan B to get out of this mess? Do you honestly believe we can turn this around? All the hype, media coverages its come back to haunt us with vengeance. If there is no transparency, change of attitude then I fear the atmosphere is going to get pretty bitter in the remaining games which I hate to see.

Finally IMHO "we are doomed" Mr Mannering; Going down, 10th position, bottom of the league and that is just not good enough. If anyone believes we are staying up or getting a relegation position are popping the eccies!

Re: Struggling, struggling, we are struggling!

Good post.
Been a season ticket holder for 4 years and wont be back.
Last week was my last game sad to say.
The whole Saturday experience has been ruined for me and leaves me sad and angry its come to this.

Goodby East Fife FC and thanks for the memories.

Re: Struggling, struggling, we are struggling!

I feel the pain you guys are feeling, the problem is the players surely don't give a flying f--k because if you felt as gutted as I have the last two Saturdays you would get your arse in gear and work your socks off so you don't feel that way the next Saturday. I still cant believe how bang average Ayr were yet we shipped 5 goals without being put under any pressure. Forget tactics and formations if players show as little hunger and desire as ours do then there can only be one outcome. I just cant see where a win is coming from, we pose no threat and ship cheap goals time after time. My only surprise is we are not in 10th place but I fear that is just a matter of time.