Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Supporters Disgrace

As a fan of East Fife I try my hardest to support the club as much as possible. However I feel only a few of us share the same opinion after attending the 'Supporters' club quiz last night!
The turn out was horrendous with only 4 teams coming together to help the club.
There was faces there that I've never seen at a game before, yet a sheer lack of regular goers.
We should be disgraced to call ourselves fans and supporters of the club and complain about lack of funding when we can't give up a couple of hours of our time for what is a great laugh with some great prizes.

Get your head in the game!
MON THE FIFE!!

Re: Supporters Disgrace

Full Time Fan
As a fan of East Fife I try my hardest to support the club as much as possible. However I feel only a few of us share the same opinion after attending the 'Supporters' club quiz last night!
There was faces there that I've never seen at a game before, yet a sheer lack of regular goers.
We should be disgraced to call ourselves fans and supporters of the club and complain about lack of funding when we can't give up a couple of hours of our time for what is a great laugh with some great prizes.

MON THE FIFE!!

4 teams last night? That sounds to me like a massive turnout all things considered. I'm in my 30's and good times or bad have supported East Fife most of my life. I've neve been in the supporters club and cant see any point in being in a 'club' (I'm not at primary school). What real, genuine benefits does this bring to East Fife or the fans? I pay my cash home and away and spend money i don't have following my team but because i miss a quiz I'm a 'disgrace'. I could sell a few badges, pack some shopping bags or perhaps go to a quiz and this might raise about 50 quid. Never mind the fact the board have (again) made an arse of it and we have a shit team and a shit ground. Lets have a fucking quiz and get the fastest finger first and a good turnout, that'll save us.
You my good fellow should be disgraced with your ridiculous post.

Full Time Fan

MON THE FIFE!!

Maybe the fact that most fans, after witnessing what we seem on Saturday afternoon, weren't really in the mood for having a "great laugh" on Saturday night?! A bit low for someone calling themselves a fan posting such garbage as that!

coonsil tax payer
Full Time Fan

MON THE FIFE!!

4 teams last night? That sounds to me like a massive turnout all things considered. I'm in my 30's and good times or bad have supported East Fife most of my life. I've neve been in the supporters club and cant see any point in being in a 'club' (I'm not at primary school). What real, genuine benefits does this bring to East Fife or the fans? I pay my cash home and away and spend money i don't have following my team but because i miss a quiz I'm a 'disgrace'. I could sell a few badges, pack some shopping bags or perhaps go to a quiz and this might raise about 50 quid. Never mind the fact the board have (again) made an arse of it and we have a shit team and a shit ground. Lets have a fucking quiz and get the fastest finger first and a good turnout, that'll save us.
You my good fellow should be disgraced with your ridiculous post.

Good post sir. . Full time fan is obviously not the full shilling.

Full Time Fan

MON THE FIFE!!

Was the quiz open to all fans or just those who are members of the Supporters Club ? If it was only open to Supporters Club members then you shouldn't be having a go at those supporters who are not members (especially those who have season tickets, travel to away games, donate through Crowdfunding, etc)
If it was open to all fans, why is it that the supporters club meeting with a Q&A session with the chairman and manager is only open to members ? Can't have it both ways !
Personally I think any question and answer sessions with Lee and Gary should be open to all supporters as we are trying to become a community club and not one which fosters an 'I'm a better supporter than you, cause I'm in the supporters club' mentality.
All fans want the same thing - a successful and prosperous East Fife with a team on the park who play good football, get positive results and show they have the desire to play for that famous black and gold shirt ! That will only happen if all fans respect each other and the way each and every one decide to support the club.

Bayviewboy
Full Time Fan

MON THE FIFE!!

Was the quiz open to all fans or just those who are members of the Supporters Club ? If it was only open to Supporters Club members then you shouldn't be having a go at those supporters who are not members (especially those who have season tickets, travel to away games, donate through Crowdfunding, etc)
If it was open to all fans, why is it that the supporters club meeting with a Q&A session with the chairman and manager is only open to members ? Can't have it both ways !
Personally I think any question and answer sessions with Lee and Gary should be open to all supporters as we are trying to become a community club and not one which fosters an 'I'm a better supporter than you, cause I'm in the supporters club' mentality.
All fans want the same thing - a successful and prosperous East Fife with a team on the park who play good football, get positive results and show they have the desire to play for that famous black and gold shirt ! That will only happen if all fans respect each other and the way each and every one decide to support the club.

Non members are welcome. I don't know what planet you are on if you think the board or supporters club are treating fans differently. Have you not seen Lee Murray's posts on here, as well as Bayview Bites etc? That alone shows that there is no discrimination with respect to fans.

Quote from AFTN -

Cazza
Mar 12, 2014 - 12:43PM
Re: Supporters club meeting

Meeting cancelled till the 27th all can attend hope this answers your question x

quiz night is a wee fundraiser ok it doesn't make a lot but every £ raised helps and always ends up back at EFFC.
with regards to the Q&A i think maybe because it is a Supporters club meeting that the manager and chairman were coming along to rather than an organised Q&A by the club, am sure it was said all were welcome at this regardless of membership anyways ..

quiz nicht.If ony o the fans hid bumped inti oni o the players still hinging aboot,it micht o turned inti a fight nicht.

I am researching in order to write a book on the dialects of ancient Fife tribes. Can anyone explain the grammatical rule which turns might into micht,night into nicht but a fight doesn't become a ficht/fecht ?

One reason may be, is that you are reading something a person from a modern Fife tribe has written? As with everything else, change happens and dialects are no different.
EG - Whaur's ma iphone noo? See how a modern word (iphone of course) has crept in to the phrase and how it hasn't been altered at all, yet the rest of the phrase is pure local dialect from an obviously wealthy Methilonian.
Likewise - Ah pye ma hard earned therteen poond tae watch this shite. Only this time it is from a really wealthy Fifer, so some words have been written using normal English, with some in the local dialect in an attempt to appear as someone who is not very wealthy, to others who read it! This type of writing is used also to try and justify not parting with his or her money, the reason they are so wealthy of course, every pound is a prisoner!

Bobby Linn obviously still obsessed with East Fife that he tweets steven hislop saying "AFTN looks like a warzone today! Horrible Club"

Nice to you know you still come on to AFTN to see what the horrible club is up to Bobby.

Not The Other Chairman
I am researching in order to write a book on the dialects of ancient Fife tribes. Can anyone explain the grammatical rule which turns might into micht,night into nicht but a fight doesn't become a ficht/fecht ?

Fight does become fecht.

Shop Assistant
Bobby Linn obviously still obsessed with East Fife that he tweets steven hislop saying "AFTN looks like a warzone today! Horrible Club"

Nice to you know you still come on to AFTN to see what the horrible club is up to Bobby.

Sums up this little cretin well. Looking forward to Arbroath going down. Horrible wee man!

Fat Doug
Shop Assistant

Sums up this little cretin well. Looking forward to Arbroath going down. Horrible wee man!

Better watch what you say Doug, the wee thicko might come knocking at your door!!

Hislop needs to give it a rest. He was rubbish when he was with us, just a carthorse.
As for Bobby, he blew hot and cold. On his day he was really good but he had no consistency or real desire. That's why he never got to full time level.

And his current team are still below us. Jeez they must be really, really shite.

Linn on Twitter describes East Fife as a horrible wee club.

Hmmmm not good.

We are not a horrible wee club Bobby but we do have a section of horrible wee fans. The majority of fans and the club were behind you Bobby. Those same minority treated Hissy badly as well and he has a dislike of the club due to them as a result. Please don't judge the club and dthe decent fans due to this minority.

Don't use twitter, so don't know if Bobby referred to the club specifically. Can someone confirm his exact words? Otherwise, I agree wholeheartedly with what oor Fifey has posted above.

Why is there so much hatred shown to our players and ex-players, by that minority? I don't remember any such thing happening in bygone times at old Bayview? All the players heard then, were the usual disappointed "ach's" & "och's" from the crowd. Mind you, there was no internet then of course, that you could hide behind.

People are right to be angry and pissed off the way the team has performed this season and every right to express their displeasure.

East Fife have a history that real minnows like Arbroath can only dream about and aspire to be in a far better position than they presently are. As such its supporters expect higher standards than their Smokie counterparts.

Bobby Linn sought sanctuary in the juniors and then at a lesser club like Arbroath which sort of sums up his character. He simply couldn't hack it at Bayview and now moans about us. Sorry Bobby any criticism of East Fife from you is invalid.

Linn is a wee chav and thsts evident with his recent appearance in court.
He needs to grow up and focus on his lucrative career in the retail industry.
Has twitter activities center around fantasy English football and Celtic.
Wee naff of a man and that's about it.

Grow up Bobby. You are an embarrassment.

Pissy pants
Linn is a wee chav and thsts evident with his recent appearance in court.
He needs to grow up and focus on his lucrative career in the retail industry.
Has twitter activities center around fantasy English football and Celtic.
Wee naff of a man and that's about it.

Grow up Bobby. You are an embarrassment.

You tell him Pissy pants, to grow up just like you!

Bobby Linn is mistaken.

It's a horrible forum not a horrible club.

Parliamo Fife
One reason may be, is that you are reading something a person from a modern Fife tribe has written? As with everything else, change happens and dialects are no different.
EG - Whaur's ma iphone noo? See how a modern word (iphone of course) has crept in to the phrase and how it hasn't been altered at all, yet the rest of the phrase is pure local dialect from an obviously wealthy Methilonian.
Likewise - Ah pye ma hard earned therteen poond tae watch this shite. Only this time it is from a really wealthy Fifer, so some words have been written using normal English, with some in the local dialect in an attempt to appear as someone who is not very wealthy, to others who read it! This type of writing is used also to try and justify not parting with his or her money, the reason they are so wealthy of course, every pound is a prisoner!

you obviously know nothing of the events that led to him being charged !!

eh?
you obviously know nothing of the events that led to him being charged !!

Hiya Bobby, hiya pal

I used to have a goldfish that Id called Bobby Linn. I was sad when it died but now Im kind of glad as I wouldnt have liked to have to change its name to Judas.

Shop Assistant

Nice to see you still follow Bobby on Twitter though. You obsessed with him?

Stalker
Shop Assistant

Nice to see you still follow Bobby on Twitter though. You obsessed with him?

Nae wonder Arbroath are bottom of the league with Linn and McManus in the team.

Two of the most overrated players in the SFL.

Bobby might be a wee erse,but i'd have him playing for us.Arbroath would prob be alot more points behind us,if it were not for his performances.Cooks another guy i like that plays for them.