Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
dunfermline game!!

hello

does anyone know if the game against the pars is an all ticket game??

secondly i wonder what team we will see this sat. deffo have to get 3points. play reserves play youths just play players that want to put on the black and gold shirt with pride and give over 100%

#monthefife

Re: dunfermline game!!

Yeah it's all ticket mate it's says on dunferlime webpage

cheers colin

It is all ticket but you just buy a ticket on the day. You don't need to purchase in advance or anything like that

They said all ticket the last time then had cash turnstiles!!

Dont think there will be any bother in getting in.....

yeah didnt think they will be any problem getting into east fife end anyways with how we are playing

stuart gardner
yeah didnt think they will be any problem getting into east fife end anyways with how we are playing

Speak for yourselfs, al be there to cheer on the boys, mon the fife!

Dubs
stuart gardner

Are you getting on the bus then Dubs

?
Dubs
stuart gardner

Are you getting on the bus then Dubs
sure will be

I heard pars fans are looking for a fight that's all we need

I heard that as well. Not good.

Players got a hell of a lot to do to win the hearts of the fans back after 2 pathetic performances. Winning a derby would be a great start. I know confidence will be low, but lets get of our heels and stop the opposition dictating the game. Lets get on the front foot and meet the pars full on for a battle. We will be badly restricted with playing choice as 5 players ruled out. Mbu, Fisher, Mcbride, Cowan and Brown all ruled out according to this mornings courier. I have this plea to the players PLEASE DO NOT LET THE FANS DOWN AGAIN WITH A LACK OF EFFORT AND DETERMINATION. GET RIGHT INTO THEIR FACES AND SHOW THE FIGHTING BLACK AND GOLD SPIRIT.

Bunch o fannys the lot o them, don't let it bother you lads wont happen.

Im looking for a Fight too... but that fights from OUR players . Mon the fife lets get into this shite

I can't wait lets give it to Dunfermline I say 2-0 east fife mon the king of fife

Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes

Don t really care how the fife played but three points is terrific especially wth airdirie winning

Yes yes again

A win today was a must else promotion would have been impossible. Well done lads.

The desire to win was evident today.
Started well, hit the post but pars ended the first half on top.
However, after half time EF came out and shut down quickly (something thats been missing lately) and put them under a bit of pressure. Over the 90 EF were the better team and deserved to win. No complaints about a spirited performance today. Really good team effort. If we had shown that determination throughout the season we would not be in the bottom half.
Got to say this....Dunfermline are a well organised team that like to play a quick passing game. Says all the more for the victory today.
Well done!
Oh...forgot, well done the boys at the back. We out played them on the park and out sang the on the terrace!!!!!!

I have no idea what was said after last weeks shambles but that was like night and day. If we can show that effort and commitment for the next 7 games we should be just fine. A great effort from all involved and it was pleasing to see a smile on the fans faces at the end. Christ we have suffered more than most, but that's the ups and downs of supporting East Fife. Very pleased for Gary Naysmith and Paul Hegarty they deserve that for the hard work behind the scenes.

Great performances all over the park today but the best player by a mile was Fash,gave us whats been missing up front all season.

Saw the team on twitter ie smith, Buchanan and Austin. Did we really play 3 up front or did Liam drop behind the front 2 as in last reserve game (he could be good in this role because of his energy and willingness to get up and down the park.

Massive well done to management team the players and the travelling support. A real tonic.

A tremendous performance from every player today. It was a real East Fife team today - organised, spirited and in white shorts! On the way back to my car I heard many Pars fans bemoaning the fact their team was outfought and accepting that East Fife deserved the win.

got to agree with most people touting Fash as MOTM but a special mention must go to Lewis Barr - he pressed and worked tirelessly all game; very rarely gave the ball away and his movement was class, very efficient and done alot of the dirty work

That performance was exactly what we have been crying out for.Gary got the shape and tactics spot on,the players were fired up and motivated.They showed great character to come back from losing the goal totally against the run of play.There were no failures,but as others have said Lewis Barr snapping into tackles in midfield was immense, and gave us a real battling performance.
Fash was outstanding,right from the opening minutes he attacked the Pars full back relentlessly,giving him a torrid afternoon.
The support was also fantastic,well done everyone lets kick on from here and get in about the bridie brigade next week!