Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Christain Nade

Just going by posts on the other threads. Why did we let this guy leave? Think he would be a perfect addition to the squad. Instead we only have one striker in Liam Buchanan. Cheers Gary .. Or Lee.

Re: Christain Nade

I agree seems such a complete waste to let us get him back to fitness and then never kick a ball in anger

No use crying over spilt milk!!!!!!!!!!!!

Another good example of a disastrous season! Don't worry tho, Clarke will come good.... In the basement league.

The wee man
Just going by posts on the other threads. Why did we let this guy leave?

I don't think he was ever actually signed up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V2kQSN1W27g&feature=youtu.be

Nade looking in great shape for Raith now. Still utterly bewildered that when he was finally on the verge of being able to play for us our chairman said that he wasn't really that good anyway and let him go. Certainly looks much better than any forward we've had in a long time.

When the club went back to being part time just before Christmas, the Manager felt that he could not trust Nade when he was not training on a part time basis.Nade has a history of"putting on the beef" when not training.. Hence the full time contract for Nade with Dundee benefitted Nade at that time.
Moreover the wages which Nade claimed he had been promised by East Fife,were too much for the club to pay.

sammy
When the club went back to being part time just before Christmas, the Manager felt that he could not trust Nade when he was not training on a part time basis.Nade has a history of\"putting on the beef\" when not training.. Hence the full time contract for Nade with Dundee benefitted Nade at that time.
Moreover the wages which Nade claimed he had been promised by East Fife,were too much for the club to pay.

Utter Bullshit

Enlighten us with the truth then Mr Lies...

As I have mentioned in previous posts last year, having watched Nade play for Hearts he is the worst striker I have ever seen. He has no idea how to play the position, what runs to make etc etc. He is totally unfit and wont last 15 minutes.
The only reason he got a game from Hearts was because Romanov demanded he was in the team.

Look at his goal scoring record: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christian_Nad%C3%A9

and BTW this is how bright he is; http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/news/ex-hearts-star-christian-nade-declared-bankrupt-1-3406990

The Dragons Den
As I have mentioned in previous posts last year, having watched Nade play for Hearts he is the worst striker I have ever seen.

This goal makes a mockery of your statement.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V2kQSN1W27g&feature=youtu.be

I am sorry but 23 goals in 200 appearances is pretty poor for a striker. And as far as that goal is concerned...I could recommend a number of sunday league players that could do that. You will be waiting a long time to see him repeating it.

Grim Reaper
Enlighten us with the truth then Mr Lies...

Is this the nearest we have ever had to a pro-East Fife post from the Grim Reaper?

Nade played a decent part in Dundee's end to the season last year and has already hit the ground running with RR.
I'm baffled why East Fife think that, as a club, we could afford to let the likes of Nade, Dutot, Tuta leave.

A Trialist
Nade played a decent part in Dundee's end to the season last year and has already hit the ground running with RR.
I'm baffled why East Fife think that, as a club, we could afford to let the likes of Nade, Dutot, Tuta leave.

What are you saying? Nade was never available to play, so he was money down the drain! Dutot was a reasonably decent player but no superstar, and Tuta was unpredictable and may, or may not play well, mostly not!

Maybe the mere fact that they had contracts that were far too high for the actual value the club got back, is the perfectly understandable reason that the club could not afford to keep them?

Nade was money down the drain? in what way? as far as I'm aware he was never signed so wouldn't be given a wage.
Are you honestly trying to tell me that our squad after January was better off without Nade, Dutot and Tuta?

Nade was at ef for five months and trained nearly every day he did not take a wage . He agreed a deal with the club which was around the same as nay smith ,neilson ,Buchanan and Hughes.
The club could have signed him but the CHAIRMAN !! Didn't think he was good enough as he stated in the interview at the time.
Duttot was full time and the lowest paid player at the club apart from mussavi
And as for cedric....
I think he would have improved greatly with nade on the pitch.
Given what nade has produced in the past I would agree with some of the points about his fitness but there's no doubting his quality and what he has achieved since leaving EF

Nade was at ef for five months and trained nearly every day he did not take a wage . He agreed a deal with the club which was around the same as nay smith ,neilson ,Buchanan and Hughes.
The club could have signed him but the CHAIRMAN !! Didn't think he was good enough as he stated in the interview at the time.
Dutton was full time and the lowest paid player at the club apart from mussavi
And as for verdict I think he would have improved greatly with nade on the pitch

He's now with Fife's biggest team and two goals in two games can't be bad.Your chairman must be a good judge of players then. I have spoken to a couple of Dundee supporters and they didn't want him to leave.I saw him on Saturday and was quite impressed,looking forward till tomorrow night to see if he can maintain that type of form.He's looking good so far,but early days yet.

We didn't need him last season, we had Pat Clarke.

raithman
He's now with Fife's biggest team and two goals in two games can't be bad.Your chairman must be a good judge of players then. I have spoken to a couple of Dundee supporters and they didn't want him to leave.I saw him on Saturday and was quite impressed,looking forward till tomorrow night to see if he can maintain that type of form.He's looking good so far,but early days yet.

Raith are neither Fife's biggest team nor its most successful.

The Dragons Den
I am sorry but 23 goals in 200 appearances is pretty poor for a striker. And as far as that goal is concerned...I could recommend a number of sunday league players that could do that. You will be waiting a long time to see him repeating it.

Putting things in perspective, Dave Beaton played 192 league games for East Fife and scored 32 goals.

Dave Beaton was a central defender.

Who the fuck's Beaton,and in perspective yes Rovers are the best team in Fife because the rest of you finish up behind us by place,behind us by a league and you lot behind us by a mile.Have fun in the relegation playoffs next season.Future quiz question who were the first team to get sent down on the pyramid system.The black and yellows,bye folks you really won't be missed.

Nade will think hes the superstar at raith,and if things are not going his or the teams way,he will be a trouble maker in the dressing room.FACT!!!!!!!!

Who actually cares?

raithman
Who the fuck\\\'s Beaton,and in perspective yes Rovers are the best team in Fife because the rest of you finish up behind us by place,behind us by a league and you lot behind us by a mile.Have fun in the relegation playoffs next season.Future quiz question who were the first team to get sent down on the pyramid system.The black and yellows,bye folks you really won\\\'t be missed.

This is an East Fife forum so we talk about East Fife players and if you don't know who Dave Beaton is then you should not be here. Best in Fife is a relative thing, you finished just ahead of Cowdenbeath. Hardly worth shouting from the rooftops is it? Did you get a tattoo inscribed to celebrate it or something?

And you stayed up until 1 a.m. to post that? Look, we are not interested in your pathetic team so piss off to your own site you tiresome sad fuck. And I don't why I'm wasting my time even replying to your pathetic drivel, it'll be five minutes of my life I'll never get back.

Gone fishin and they are bitin makes me happy that you care so much,and by the way we did beat Newco in a cup final last season remind me what yu won again?

raithman
Gone fishin and they are bitin makes me happy that you care so much,and by the way we did beat Newco in a cup final last season remind me what yu won again?

The linogimp has got us by the short and curlies. We've not won a single thing in our history. Not a sausage.

-

raithman

Flounce