Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
New Goalkeeper on loan

Mark Ridgers has tweeted wishing Jack Hamilton all the best on his loan move to East Fife. Back up to Pato .? Can't see him going straight into the team unless Greg is injured. Welcome to Bayview Jack. Any chance he could bring Rudi Skacel ?

Re: New Goalkeeper on loan

Signed: February 2009 from Stenhousemuir
International Record: U16; U17; U18; U19 & U20 (Scotland)
Club Honours: Nil
Competitive Appearances for Hearts: 0 (at 1-6-2013)

Hearts' young back-up keeper had a spell in the Stenhousemuir youth development system, before heading to Tynecastle in February 2009.

Since that time, Jack has made solid progress and has represented Scotland at several levels up to U20.

The big goalkeeper sat on the bench for the first team at Anfield in the second leg of the Europa League clash against Liverpool.

Jack went out on loan to Forfar in the Second Division from December 2012 until February 2013 in order to gain first team experience.

Season 2013 - 14

Career History:
Club Season Comp. Apps
(as sub) Goals
Forfar 2012 - 13 League 8 (0) 0
FA Cup 1 (0) 0

Loan confirmed on Hearts website.

East Five have tweeted about an injury to Greg. If he is as good as Ridgers was, he will be a good addition

Can I ask whats happened to the young goalie that was brought in on-loan fae hearts called Hamilton? Where's he went to and wasn't on the bench at ayr and we had Dylan Rooney must be part of our youth team or something, we haven't really replaced Andrews since his departure and Connor shaw is like a ghost of andrews. Surely Gary would of brought in a strong more experience goalie in January to back Paterson under this sort of form

Jack Hamilton went over on his ankle in training with Hearts two weeks ago & was ruled out until after the season ends

Oh that's bad news still I think the club should of replaced andrews. Bringing in a more experience goalie is needed for next season someone from higher up like Sean murdoch at Hibs would be ideal. I take Hamilton has played his last game for fife and returned so we are left with paterson and a keeper who looks like 16, the squad doesn't look great going into the play-offs and the form either the last win was dunfermline away many months ago but paterson will continue as normal. Roll on wednesday.

The last win was against Forfar mate.

Cambuslang Fifer
Oh that's bad news still I think the club should of replaced andrews. Bringing in a more experience goalie is needed for next season someone from higher up like Sean murdoch at Hibs would be ideal. I take Hamilton has played his last game for fife and returned so we are left with paterson and a keeper who looks like 16, the squad doesn't look great going into the play-offs and the form either the last win was dunfermline away many months ago but paterson will continue as normal. Roll on wednesday.

Paterson as you said will continue he isn't decent keeper, Rooney good young keeper will he get a chance doubtful, Shaw was decent did he get a chance nope. Hopefully Rooney might get out on loan he needs to play regular unlike the young lads in the last two years. The problem is not the keepers tho. I think Clyde are the best start we could have hoped for in play offs. No matter what same again next season. Any one know what is to happen with the lads still on the youth program think its only two Woolley and a wee lad called Davy, given there will be no,youth next year, PT club how do you honour FT contract. Only a question.

I forgot that was the last team we actually got a win from lol

Yeah I still think we need a experience keeper for next season and think the young boys would be useful on-loan to like leauge two football to toughen them up at montrose or something and be useful for the future, gain experience and regular football, sending them to the juniors we have done that before it hasn't worked out and most get released the next season. Yeah I know it's not the keepers we are worried about but i still think a more experience goalie would be better and communicate among the back four/five and be a lot better with set-pieces next season look at seasons we had success when McCulloch or Jim Butter was in goals and we have seen Antell, Andrews and now Paterson they haven't been that impressive and had their weakness and the odd couple of saves.
Also we haven't had many clean sheets either?
Yeah clyde do look the eases of games to start the play-offs off but it's upto the players to get results in these legs and I herd there scraping the youths and I dunno if it's because mcneil's left the club or its not working out but most who's on the youth programme still will find out probably in the summer if there staying or going to be released along with the rest who haven't yet signed. I think the club was doing good keeping the youths going it helps the club and it's produced players like Barr and Brown why would you want to stop this I dunno? I'm for one like a youth system it's like a back-up for any side, yeah I know it's hard to give players FT deals at a PT clubs like ourself.

Can we sign Jay Lynch just got released from Bolton W??

We had Kelty goalie Allan Fleming on trial and I'm hearing from the coaches we have made an offer for him.

Yeah get him he's good will he be the goalkeeper tomorrow

Archibald's Army
We had Kelty goalie Allan Fleming on trial and I'm hearing from the coaches we have made an offer for him.

Ha ha ha brilliant so hope that's true Lee you really are the man

Archibald's Army

Does anyone have any information about him and is he good enough? I remember we used to sign junior keepers in the past and they haven't worked I for one want to sign a keeper experienced enough from the leauges above.

Any junior player we sign is gonna have to adjust to fitness levels and the pace of Scottish league football so theres a problem straight up

Early 30's I think, bit strange signing him at that age, if he wasn't good enough 5 years ago he's not going to be good enough now.

Been hearing we are after a couple of junior players from the Lothians too, we have went down this route before and it didn't work, Jaimeson, Tansey etc.

Really fear for us if this is road we are going down.

If I wanted to see junior level players I would go and watch junior football. And if we are going to sign juniors at least try and get the best young ones, not those the wrong side of 30.

Doesn't bode well for next season or beyond.

Nothing wrong with a goalkeeper in his 30's, they mature as they get older. Fleming has played for Junior Scotland so is worth a punt. There are good players in the juniors who could do a turn at Leagues 1 & 2. Junior teams do themselves justice in the Scottish Cup.

Who needs allan Fleming, Get Dylan Rooney signed up!!!

no need please.

Calm down calm down done well that is it. If he stays and I believe he has signed he will not play will be on the bench and fester. Go out on loan get game time let Fleming sit and watch Paterson, after a good season on loan come back take the no1 jersey.

no need please.

What? The guy only came on at half-time and he still managed to concede six goals.

Even if he never plays another game, he will be remembered for his performance in the penalty shoot out. Now it's up to everyone to make sure that today's efforts are not wasted by losing the final.
I thought the effort today was immense, if in a number of cases the performances were not great.

While everyone went through an emotional roller coaster the young lad seemed to be the calmest man on the park. If we can get through this play off he will long be remembered by the bayview faithful. Well done young man you did us proud.

He is a legend if we stay up free pies for life.