Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Ramsden Cup final

Surely your allegiance will be for the team from Fife.

Re: Ramsden Cup final

Dislike both teams with a vengeance so not watching.

4-1

Fcuk u and ur team x

Yep I do hope rovers win this one the other team may be bankrupt by Tuesday

Jist gonnae no

Absolutely no chance I'll support the Ragged Rovers.I would support a Margaret Thatcher eleven against the Kirkcaldy hams.

Definitely the Rovers for me! Absolutely despise Rangers and their gloryhunting bigoted support. Even if Raith win it still remains 4.1 so all good.

Couldn't care who wins

I hope the gers win agenst Raith rovers

If there is any justice The Rangers will win as a reward for their honest endeavour,prudent management and contribution to religious tolerance.

Levenmouth Rover

"THE unofficial East Fife Football Club forum." You're a Raith Rovers fan on an East Fife forum, remember, this is not a Raith Rovers forum.

Levenmouth Rover

Great to hear from you again, LR. We all miss you on here...

I would be quite sad if any F*fe fan supported Raith Rovers next weekend. Hopefully you'll all be very sad when Raith Rovers lift another cup, live on national television.

Jonathan
Levenmouth Rover

I would be quite sad if any F*fe fan supported Raith Rovers next weekend. Hopefully you'll all be very sad when Raith Rovers lift another cup, live on national television.

ABRR. Mon the Sons of William.
Nice to see my 2 most disliked Ra**h fans on here again. Go home Jonathan, Go home Levenmouth Rover, you're not welcome here!!

Levenmouth Rover

I'd sooner have a red hot poker shoved up my ass dickbreath

Amazing to see that this post can attract more response than your win against Forfar on Saturday. Says everything about your football club and its supporters.

Additionally I can feel the jealousy seeping through the replies.

Don't you so wish you could witness your club in a cup final.

For me its becoming a habit.

And don't come back with that 4 - 1 crap. It's increasingly repetitive.

Come on ye raith.

The fact remains that Raith will forever remain in the shadow of the Undisputed Kings of Fife.

Enjoy your wee Red, White and Blue fest with your Glasgow pals in a minor cup final.

-

Jonathan
Levenmouth Rover

Live on national television? Must have missed that, never seen them on live TV.

Major Trophies r Us
The fact remains that Raith will forever remain in the shadow of the Undisputed Kings of Fife. -

You won't be saying that when you join Vale of Leven, Renton, Third Lanark and St Bernard’s.

Jack
Major Trophies r Us
The fact remains that Raith will forever remain in the shadow of the Undisputed Kings of Fife. -

You won't be saying that when you join Vale of Leven, Renton, Third Lanark and St Bernard’s.

starks park is rented, Fifes is owned. More chance you lot will join Thirds.!!!

Enjoy being surrounded by the rangers "fans" at the game, We all know you wont mind too much as yir all hun lovers anyway !!!

Fifey
Jack
Major Trophies r Us

starks park is rented, Fifes is owned. More chance you lot will join Thirds.!!!

AND it costs you around 50k per year to pay the rent!! Beware a bad season with relegation, you may join hearts and newco soon.

Lets hope Raith get beat they where hopeing when we play rangers we get beat like easy but we just got beat 1-0

Fifey
starks park is rented, Fifes is owned.

By whom? Honest answer, please.

We know who we're paying our rent to - 51% to John Sim and the remaining 49% to our current chairman and vice chairman (much of which they have converted into share capital in recent years).
Who owns your ground?
Lee Murray?
Nope.

I own part of it.

A number of individuals have shares in the club DL but crucially all of it is in the name of East Fife FC, a limited company. As is the loads of land all around.

What is owned in the name of Raith Rovers FC. I'll tell you, nothing.

Now fuck off and enjoy your next financial meltdown.

At least they have moved their training facilities from Beveridge Park to their very own purpose built facilities in Glenrothes.
Oh, wait a minute, they rent that as well!!

Big club my arse!!

Terracing Now!
A number of individuals have shares in the club DL but crucially all of it is in the name of East Fife FC, a limited company. As is the loads of land all around.

A number of individuals may have shares in the club, but if the wee lassie Twigg decides she wants to build a wendy house in the centre circle for her dollies, you won't be able to stop her.

This is a cup for the PISH teams . LOL

Better a wendy house than a housing scheme. I hope Rangers score in the 120 minute to lift this minor cup.

Dysart Lino
Terracing Now!

A number of individuals may have shares in the club, but if the wee lassie Twigg decides she wants to build a wendy house in the centre circle for her dollies, you won't be able to stop her.

Unlikely she would build a wendy house as she's about 18 years old now but even if she did it would belong to EFFC. You seem to be having trouble grasping the difference between our situation and yours. We have lots of assets, Raith owns sweet FA.

I wish both clubs very well.
They are competing for an illustrious trophy which has been won since its establishment in the nineties by major footballing powers such as: Stranraer, Alloa and Stenhousemuir

3 cups to play for in Scotland and we happen to be competing for 1 of them, a situation i`m sure your club/chairman would love to be in and the supporters although not willing to admit it

has lee murray actually taken over the club yet or is it another pie in the sky dream like the new stadium?

Jimbo
3 cups to play for in Scotland and we happen to be competing for 1 of them, a situation i`m sure your club/chairman would love to be in and the supporters although not willing to admit it

has lee murray actually taken over the club yet or is it another pie in the sky dream like the new stadium?

No I'd love to be in a final no question. By the same token I bet Raith would love to be debt free, own their own stadium and have acres of land around it to either develop or sell. But that would just be a pie in the sky dream eh?

Terracing Now!
Jimbo

No I'd love to be in a final no question. By the same token I bet Raith would love to be debt free, own their own stadium and have acres of land around it to either develop or sell. But that would just be a pie in the sky dream eh?

I would imagine the vast majority of clubs would love to be debt free not just the Rovers.As for owning our stadium,that's in the pipeline and might not be that far off.

Jimbo
Terracing Now!
Jimbo

I would imagine the vast majority of clubs would love to be debt free not just the Rovers.As for owning our stadium,that's in the pipeline and might not be that far off.

Err... it's not 'our' stadium mate, it's somebody elses! Get it right!

Chester Snavely has shown his true colours and will be joining your chairman in cheering on Sevco. It really is a sad state of affairs.

Absolute nightmare this game,don't want either of em to win it!

Fcuk

Congrats Raith Rovers

Rangers were so poor it was ridiculous.Took away any pain with the Ragged ones winning.

Well done Raith rovers u did it for fife from a east fife fan

Raith rovers were the better team and deserved there win well done.

Shit game with 2 shit teams.

Congrats to Raith Rovers.

If only east fife could be as shit as those two teams get to a shit final and win a shit league full of shit.

Least Fife win something your having a laugh.In the dark and distant past yes they did,but what have you won for the past 40 years apart from a Fife cup or two?

And what have Cowdung ever won apart from a 3rd/2nd division title nown again??
Well done ti the rovers.By all accounts ,they deserved it.Look forward ti seeing our own Johna(not so)thins picture in the Fife free press,along with the other pricks,celabrating there fantastic,Mickey mouse cup, win over the worst Rangers team in history.Me,i'm awa fer a wee

Anybody who says Raith and Rangers are shite teams are just embarresing themselves. East Fife are one of the worse teams in Scotland have been for many years now. Big well done to Raith Rovers and i hope the party went on long! After saturday i realise East Fife fans are some of the worse in Scotland. From an East Fife fan...

Many thanks to those of you kind enough to offer us congratulations on our wonderful cup success.

It may be viewed by many as a meaningless competition but for virtually every one of the clubs in the lower leagues its the only chance of a national cup success each season.

Rovers record over the years in the Ramsdens Cup has been truly woeful and I will accept after every defeat in the competition I'd go into work next day and say "its a diddy cup anyway".

That said we all want to reach the final and yesterday gave me the opportunity to savour another cup final experience. And what an experience it was.

Yes, witnessing Paul McStay missing the penalty in 1994 was tremendous but I have to say that Bairdy scoring in the 117th minute knowing it was likely to win the cup may well have topped that feeling.

I know I'll get the usual flak from most of you about 4-1 but i'll take that and more given the emotional feel that winning a cup final brings.

I know from meeting many an East Fife fan in the weeks leading up to the game that most of you yearned for a Rangers win. Sorry to disappoint you but once again you end up disappointed.

My revenge and ongoing satisfaction may come when I attend your play off match and see you relegated.

Back to work tomorrow wearing the tie of Fife's finest football club - RRFC.

Levenmouth Rover

That said we all want to reach the final and yesterday gave me the opportunity to savour another cup final experience. And what an experience it was.

Yes, witnessing Paul McStay missing the penalty in 1994 was tremendous but I have to say that Bairdy scoring in the 117th minute knowing it was likely to win the cup may well have topped that feeling.

As good as it will get those memories for a lino fan I suppose, so please savour them. I don't think they will surpass the memories I have got of watching the Kings of Fife beating Partick in the 1953 League Cup Final though! Witnessing Ian Gardiner scoring the winning goal has just got to be better than watching an opposition player missing a penalty!

Anyway, its back to enjoying my retirement tomorrow, wearing the tie of Fife's most successful football club - EFFC.

This is my favourite diddy cup final

1946-47
B Division Supplementary Cup
Final –2 legs attendances 18000 & 14000
(11 Sep) East Fife v Raith Rovers 3-2 Davidson, Morris, Adams : Maule, Stewart

(18 Sep) Raith Rovers v East Fife 1-4 Stewart : Duncan 2, Morris, Davidson

Levenmouth Rover
Many thanks to those of you kind enough to offer us congratulations on our wonderful cup success.

It may be viewed by many as a meaningless competition but for virtually every one of the clubs in the lower leagues its the only chance of a national cup success each season.

Rovers record over the years in the Ramsdens Cup has been truly woeful and I will accept after every defeat in the competition I'd go into work next day and say "its a diddy cup anyway".

I know I'll get the usual flak from most of you about 4-1 but i'll take that and more given the emotional feel that winning a cup final brings.

I know from meeting many an East Fife fan in the weeks leading up to the game that most of you yearned for a Rangers win. Sorry to disappoint you but once again you end up disappointed.

My revenge and ongoing satisfaction may come when I attend your play off match and see you relegated.

Yep, Fife`s finest that doesn`t own their ground and rents training facilities from the council.
Yep, Fife`s finest that are not out of the relegation play offs themselves.

Levenmouth Rover

LR. Why do you come on here? Fife fans are not remotely interested in anything rr. I have never been or have had the inclination to go to the rr site, dumfy or cowden site, so why are so obsessed with an East Fife site. As for paying to watch us losing a playoff, well, what can one say other than rather than building bridges between fife clubs, your jealousy of our REAL national trophies (yes, I was around for our last league cup, Scottish cup final and 3rd position in the top league all in the same season) you are actually burning them. Please keep out and enjoy your own teams site, that is what it's for!.

enfifer
And what have Cowdung ever won apart from a 3rd/2nd division title nown again??
Well done ti the rovers.By all accounts ,they deserved it.Look forward ti seeing our own Johna(not so)thins picture in the Fife free press,along with the other pricks,celabrating there fantastic,Mickey mouse cup, win over the worst Rangers team in history.Me,i'm awa fer a wee

I was on BBC Alba! Get in there!..

Levenmouth Rover

LR, we're at 4-2 now and rising!

A thoucht a seen a tubby guy richt enough,wearing a b52 t-shirt.Wiz that you.

To all the Raith Rovers fans: Get out this forum, go make your own RRFC forum and don't come back to any East Fife forum including this one.

No.

Zuperbenjay
To all the Raith Rovers fans: Get out this forum, go make your own RRFC forum and don't come back to any East Fife forum including this one.

Even me?

Especially you ya fud.

Jonathan
Levenmouth Rover

Dear me! Youre actually counting minor tournaments in the tally now?
OK then looks like we will also count the two supplementary cup wins the early equivalent of the ramsdens cup which bring the total to six for us and only two for you losers.

Jonathan
Levenmouth Rover

I believe it's only major trophies that count. So no you are wrong, east fife still lead 4-1, come back when you win a proper trophy.

Nothing wrong with a bit ov banter between rival supporters.It brightens up the doom un gloom thats usually on here.I'm sure ,as a moderator on the Raith site(well he used to be),Johnny boy would welcome all with open arms.Come to think ov it,Vince Sinclair(cowdung)no been on for a while.It least hes no like that other prick that posts on here.

Anorak

OK then looks like we will also count the two supplementary cup wins the early equivalent of the ramsdens cup which bring the total to six for us and only two for you losers.

Considering how long its been since our last Cup success and likelyhood of seeing another one any time soon hardly in a position to deem any cup/tournament minor.We only compete for three cups a season and they have one sitting in their boardroom.Christ a wish it was us.Theres an awful hint of jealousy on this forum.Me,well done to the team along the road and glad to see the cup being won by a Fife team instead of cheating tax dodging bunch of cretins from the West Coast

Parka
Anorak

Considering how long its been since our last Cup success and likelyhood of seeing another one any time soon hardly in a position to deem any cup/tournament minor.We only compete for three cups a season and they have one sitting in their boardroom.Christ a wish it was us.Theres an awful hint of jealousy on this forum.Me,well done to the team along the road and glad to see the cup being won by a Fife team instead of cheating tax dodging bunch of cretins from the West Coast

There would have been no tit for tats had the lino tube not come onto this forum and started this thread. The jealousy is with him, as he seeks to wind up East Fife fans. You would think he would have learned by now that his team have a long way to go to surpass the fabulous Fifers achievements, which includes owning their own stadium!

He may well have been attempting to wind up our fans and reading some of the posts on here has succeeded including yourself

Parka
He may well have been attempting to wind up our fans and reading some of the posts on here has succeeded including yourself

So? You seem to be pleased about that, are you? Anyway, not so much wound up (no swearing or such like from me), more trying to dissuade the chap from coming onto this forum, by pointing out the facts to him yet again.

Auld Jimmy

So? You seem to be pleased about that, are you? Anyway, not so much wound up (no swearing or such like from me), more trying to dissuade the chap from coming onto this forum, by pointing out the facts to him yet again.

Dont think crowing about us owning our own stadium and they dont will dissuade them from coming on this forum BTW,dont really get that.I dont own my house,rented/mortgaged like their stadium,does that make me worse/lesser person that someone that owns their house I`m like enfifer,no problem with opposing supporters coming on this forum,bit of banter and actually lightens up the forum now and again

Parka
Auld Jimmy

Dont think crowing about us owning our own stadium and they dont will dissuade them from coming on this forum BTW,dont really get that.I dont own my house,rented/mortgaged like their stadium,does that make me worse/lesser person that someone that owns their house I`m like enfifer,no problem with opposing supporters coming on this forum,bit of banter and actually lightens up the forum now and again

You seem to prefer the banter from the lino fans and in contrast, obviously get wound up by your fellow East Fife fans banter? Strange that.

Auld Jimmy
You seem to prefer the banter from the lino fans and in contrast, obviously get wound up by your fellow East Fife fans banter? Strange that.

Not at all.Nothing wrong with the banter.

At the end of the day the raith fans(see,I can say it)cowden fans and the like who come on this forum have a lot more in common with us than the fans of the likes of rangers and celtic.They support their local team and can never be accused of being glory hunters, unlike the busloads of Fifers that head off to parkhead or ibrox every second week

Parka
Auld Jimmy

At the end of the day the raith fans(see,I can say it)cowden fans and the like who come on this forum have a lot more in common with us than the fans of the likes of rangers and celtic.They support their local team and can never be accused of being glory hunters, unlike the busloads of Fifers that head off to parkhead or ibrox every second week

^^^^^ Linophile

Parka
Auld Jimmy

Why are you making such a big deal out of the EF fans banter then?? There would be no banter, if we did not respond to the linos or cowdung fans 'banter', would there?

East Fife Fan
Why are you making such a big deal out of the EF fans banter then?? There would be no banter, if we did not respond to the linos or cowdung fans 'banter', would there?

Exactly my point.If they didnt come on this forum there would be no banter where as some fans are being critical of them coming on this forum

Parka
East Fife Fan

Exactly my point.If they didnt come on this forum there would be no banter where as some fans are being critical of them coming on this forum

It's all part of the banter our fans telling them to use their own fans forum. Also, bear in mind, it is they (linos in particular) who are initiating the aggro in the first place. That's why I can't understand an East Fife fan basically applauding them for their efforts like you are, while criticising his fellow fans? Don't forget, they are our nearest neighbours, who are NOT applauding us for anything ever and want US relegated! So, I think OUR fans have every right to tell them to get lost.

kings of fife
I believe it's only major trophies that count. So no you are wrong, east fife still lead 4-1, come back when you win a proper trophy.

You do realise that with the pyramid system now in place, and the way you're playing, you could be joining the Lowland League in 13 months' time. That would put you in the same category as Vale of Leven, Renton, St Bernards, Third Lanark etc

Of course I like coming on your forum for a bit of banter and mickey taking and I appreciate the banter I receive back.It's all about having a laugh,supporting your team,and mixing with other teams supporters.In my ideal world the four Fife teams would be playing in the same division and may the best man win.I have supported the Rovers since 1964 and have seen some crap but also have seen some gifted players,just as an East Fife supporter will have seen.You had a very good side in the 70's as I recall,then again in the 80's.My memory is not as it used to be so please correct me if I am wrong.The players that have passed through East Fife and have gone on to greater recognition is probably better than any other Fife team in my time,your historian can probably come up with the names and details.So if I have offended anyone I am soryy it was only done for a laugh.

Enough of this ramsden cup talk ,let's talk about least fife and there free fall into the relegation playoffs if your lucky. We know we don't own our stadium who gives a toss, who actually owns newbayview. lee Murray, the undertaker fae Dunbartonshire,or could it be Julian dans kin.

Naw it's Julian foreskin,and his wee lassie. What's it feel like to follow sh**e. Your just about as good as Methil United or whatever.

How does it feel to have such a shit life that u feel the need to post on an East Fife forum? You need to get out more hector. Haha

Cause I get muppets like you replying hee haw ya donkey third division looming then oblivion,you are the wee team of Fife.

Hope yiv still got yer wee tin cans that ye hid a few year ago neebs.Ye micht need thum again sooner than ye hink.

Hello muppet,caught another.

Thanks fer the compliment

enfifer
Hope yiv still got yer wee tin cans that ye hid a few year ago neebs.Ye micht need thum again sooner than ye hink.

I think with the 250k alone we have trousered from our cup runs this season the wee tin cans wont be needed any time soon.

enfifer
Nothing wrong with a bit ov banter between rival supporters.It brightens up the doom un gloom thats usually on here.I'm sure ,as a moderator on the Raith site(well he used to be),Johnny boy would welcome all with open arms.Come to think ov it,Vince Sinclair(cowdung)no been on for a while.It least hes no like that other prick that posts on here.

I'm still alive enfifer

Check your site on a regular basis, just feeling your pain and don't want to put the knife in.

I`ve just met Chic Robb in Stephens, Cowdenbeath and he didn`t put the knife in either. PHEW!!

raithfan
Hello muppet,caught another.

Raith Rovers - forever in our shadow

Fishings going well here another one bites.

raithfan

And just who has posted replies the most on this thread? Wonder who will be next... again?

raithfan

Fucking retard. Is posting on this site the highlight of your dull life?

Troll Spotter
raithfan

Fucking retard. Is posting on this site the highlight of your dull life?
. Stop biting then. We r all bored and dull that's why we r on this forum cos it's dull

That'll be another two.Keep on biting I like your endevour a pity your team didn't show as much.

Well, it will be the 2nd Anniversary of this amazing cup win on 6 April 2016. Wondering if anyone here would like to come out with me for a celebratory drink?

Details to follow...

Can you book a 48 seater , im sure we will fill this ! might even have to run 2 buses ? put me down for 2 tickets . cheers .