Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Trust members

There are a few Trust members whose email addresses are coming up as unobtainable. This is probably just due to an address change which has not been passed on for the circulation list to be changed.
Can any members in this position please send on a name and new address.

Part of the reason for this post is that I have sent an invitation to members to apply for the two hospitality places at the game V Stranraer which are available because the Trust are matchball sponsors. If you are a Trust member and have not received the invitation sent out tonight please let me know if you would like to be included in the draw.

Re: Trust members

Whats the best, easiest way to join the trust ?

Send me your name and address and give me £10 at the first opportunity and you are a member for life.

The two winners of lunch at Bayview on Saturday are Becky Robertson and Ken Peters.

Not The Other Chairman
Send me your name and address and give me £10 at the first opportunity and you are a member for life.

Is your reply a belated April Fool's joke?

Let's say I too wanted to join the East Fife Supporters' Trust.

1. First of all I'd use a search engine to find the Trust's website. It's first on the list - great. On accessing http://www.efst.co.uk/ I would be faced with a 2009-10 team pic on the front page. I'd then enter the site, as instructed, and get taken to a dead end - not so great. In fact bloody awful.

2. Maybe it's been replaced by another site. There should have been a redirection but, well, these things happen I suppose. I'd then try the second on the list - http://eastfifefc.info/fan-zone/ef-supporters-trust - on the official club website. Sadly, the same outcome - another dead end - and another piss-poor piece of marketing.

3. Your absolutely appalling answer, repeated above, begs the question - who are YOU? How can I provide you with a name and address when you provide no contact information. You must be under the misapprehension that everyone knows you. Just a gentle reminder - it's the World Wide Web, not the Methil Wide Web.

There are many fantastic Football Trusts throughout Britain, and in some cases they not only own but run their clubs.

Based on my experience the East Fife Supporters Trust is also exceptional, but not in a good way!

Luckily the football club is in good hands at the moment but that doesn't mean the Trust should become a laughing stock.

Get a grip, you're giving football trusts a bad name - and you are certainly not helping to enhance the reputation of East Fife.

I''m afraid I've got to agree with the sentiments of much of what dh1909 says.

On 18 March on this forum I wrote the following re the Trust AGM:
"The EF Supporters Trust link on the official website, in the Fanzone section, hasn't worked for months. If someone sorted that glitch it might add to the vitality of the Trust."

How are people to be involved and enthused regarding the Trust if there is no way to find out about the Trust, what it's trying to achieve and what it does?

Having said that, is the website problem the responsibility of the Trust or the website people?

dh1909
Not The Other Chairman

Is your reply a belated April Fool's joke?

Let's say I too wanted to join the East Fife Supporters' Trust.

1. First of all I'd use a search engine to find the Trust's website. It's first on the list - great. On accessing http://www.efst.co.uk/ I would be faced with a 2009-10 team pic on the front page. I'd then enter the site, as instructed, and get taken to a dead end - not so great. In fact bloody awful.

2. Maybe it's been replaced by another site. There should have been a redirection but, well, these things happen I suppose. I'd then try the second on the list - http://eastfifefc.info/fan-zone/ef-supporters-trust - on the official club website. Sadly, the same outcome - another dead end - and another piss-poor piece of marketing.

3. Your absolutely appalling answer, repeated above, begs the question - who are YOU? How can I provide you with a name and address when you provide no contact information. You must be under the misapprehension that everyone knows you. Just a gentle reminder - it's the World Wide Web, not the Methil Wide Web.

There are many fantastic Football Trusts throughout Britain, and in some cases they not only own but run their clubs.

Based on my experience the East Fife Supporters Trust is also exceptional, but not in a good way!

Luckily the football club is in good hands at the moment but that doesn't mean the Trust should become a laughing stock.

Get a grip, you're giving football trusts a bad name - and you are certainly not helping to enhance the reputation of East Fife.

For your information dh1909 (was that the year of your birth by any chance?), the answer given was 100% correct by NTOC. You obviously read AFTN, so you must know that the wee link which says email at the bottom of your post, is also at the bottom of NTOC's post. You are obviously aware that it is a means of contacting the poster, so why all the bad mouthing? Why did you not just contact him direct, instead of making a statement on AFTN?

You should realise that the trust is run by volunteers, who for example produce the programme which has just been pipped for the leagues best programme of the year. Nobody can deny that it is excellent, can you?

Instead of whinging, why don't you get involved in the running of the trust? Are you willing to give up your time to do that? You should consider that before complaining about those who do give up their time.

dh 1909,
I am fully aware that the Trust website is not fit for purpose so my reply to anyone wanting to join was a choice between
a)Details will be available as soon as we are able to update/redesign the website and you can't join until then.
b)Send me your details (for which a contact email address is supplied)and you will be a member.
I chose the latter. What would your choice have been ?
Your comments on the website are correct but I feel the rest was a little bit over the top but as a first time poster on AFTN you have obviously built up a fair amount of rage.
On the basis that the Trust has given you an opportunity to release your pent up anger would you like to join ? You can do so by sending me your name and address, giving me £10 and you will be a member for life.