Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
East Fife v Stenhousemuir

I think we all know that anything less than 3 points today will almost certainly see us in the relegation play-offs.

On the other hand win this afternoon then we will still have a fighting chance what with games against Airdrie and Brechin still to come.

C'mon lads, let's get stuck into them!

Re: East Fife v Stenhousemuir

The fact Brechin are playing Airdrie today kinda helps the cause as well

Pish!

IanL
The fact Brechin are playing Airdrie today kinda helps the cause as well

Well they did their best to help us today but unfortunately we couldn't keep our side of the bargain. Gutted!

How long does it take to get to Elgin again?

Be interesting to see how many of this shower Naysmith keeps.
If he's any sense he'll see a huge clearout is vital.

Utter shambles of a season!

Home form is ridiculous and will deservedly see us relegated. New shop tho so not all bad...

wee jimmy
Be interesting to see how many of this shower Naysmith keeps.
If he's any sense he'll see a huge clearout is vital.

Utter shambles of a season!

Perhaps Naysmith can go aswell.

Players he's brought in have been crap.

DPH
Home form is ridiculous and will deservedly see us relegated. New shop tho so not all bad...

And we still have our wonderful, uncomplaining fans.

Watching that today you would think we were in a comfortable mid table position. The lack of fight and commitment was evident to any East Fife fan who was in attendance today. Stennie were in a word brutal, but we just keep giving away terrible goals. Every week we lose a goal from a corner, and every other week we give away stupid penalties. The standard of football on display is pathetic, and I cant see many fans watching much more of that on a Saturday. The midfield is powder puff, and to have only hit the net 14 times in 17 games at home, tells you why we are where we are. Very hard to see a way out of this, hard to believe we will dodge a bullet two years in a row. We are not even certain to make the play offs, as Arbroath are only 4 points behind.

East Fife Fan
DPH

Yes and there are always happy campers regardless of how we play and what direction the club is going.

East Fife Fan
DPH

Are you seriously defending THAT?

East Fife Fan
DPH

Twat. Fans have every right to complain, going through season after season of fuck ups. This season stands up there wih the biggest shambles we have seen on the park, all caused by the events of last summer. None of this is the fans' fault but it suits some people to be totally irrational if it means they might otherwise have to be objective and admit that
as a football team we are a bad joke.

East Fife fan too
East Fife Fan
DPH

Twat. Fans have every right to complain, going through season after season of fuck ups. This season stands up there wih the biggest shambles we have seen on the park, all caused by the events of last summer. None of this is the fans' fault but it suits some people to be totally irrational if it means they might otherwise have to be objective and admit that

Quite right that, fans having every right to complain. That's why I am complaining against YOU and your like, the most whinging shower of moaners going. I didn't see many of you praising the team the last 3 weeks, oh wait... that's right, we didn't get beat therefore no comments from you, was there! Most comments last week was on the second half score, not much about the first half score or performance. Only whinging and criticism we see on this site from you so-called supporters. I bet most of you weren't even at the game. After all, most of you have said you wouldn't be back at Bayview weeks ago.

East Fife Fan
East Fife fan too
East Fife Fan
DPH

Quite right that, fans having every right to complain. That's why I am complaining against YOU and your like, the most whinging shower of moaners going. I didn't see many of you praising the team the last 3 weeks, oh wait... that's right, we didn't get beat therefore no comments from you, was there! Most comments last week was on the second half score, not much about the first half score or performance. Only whinging and criticism we see on this site from you so-called supporters. I bet most of you weren't even at the game. After all, most of you have said you wouldn't be back at Bayview weeks ago.

People did praise the team (you need to look a bit harder) but most fans are realistic to know that it's been the results and the abject performances over previous 30 games that have got us into this mess. A couple of wins late in the season is hardly reason to get the bunting out and have a street party is it? Especially as we all knew that we needed to follow up those good away wins with at least 4 points from the two home matches that came after. The fact that we didn't gives fans every right to complain again about how the whole sorry saga has unfolded this season as those two wins look like they are going to be totally irrelevant.

1st half we played well given the conditions, to be honest should have killed the game and got a 2nd in that half as team looked lively. there 1st goal was due to no man on the post(which was rectified at the next corner by putting the smallest player on the pitch there!!)and the penalty to where I was looked like a penalty. all I can say is we should have taken more chances the 1st half ,overall unlucky this time around I think......roll on next Saturday, were away from home so might win!

Lack of shots in first half cost us what should have been a good 3 points. Gutted at the end o game as really thought we deserved something out of it. Stenny sat back and played for 0-0 in first half but We never punished them enough. There keeper was time wasting in first 5 mins and playing 11 men behind ball for 45 mins, how stenny are up the league is beyond me. Dallas deserves a mention too, as always cant forget when he has been ref

The wind yesterday was a hindrance as well playing with it? The ball kept running away from the team playing with it. Maybe it gave us a false sense of security as it kept the ball mostly in sternly half in the first half. Didn't,t think they played all the players behind the ball though. Very much agree that the goalkeeper took the p--s with his time keeping, would referee been so lenient if it had stayed at 1-0 for longer and Paterson had done same. I don,t think so!! Tactics have a lot to answer for when we do go one up we inevitably end up under the cosh hanging on.

I have said before on this forum that j. Stewart is just not performing at all at this level and I would prefer someone with a bit heart in the tackle, speed and ability to pass better.

Finally Dallas has been atrocious already this season at bayview, so should we be surprised. Did he get where he is today because of his father- undoubtedly. The standard of football and refereeing at bayview this season has been bad, no doubt. A referee has got to be 100 percent sure if he is giving a penalty with the last kick of the ball, I thought Dallas hesitated for a second before blowing, there was definitely doubt in his mind. Referees are impartial but few will hand a winner on a plate deep in injury time like yesterday unless..............................

www.stenhousemuirfc.com/video/match-449/east-fife/

Jim
www.stenhousemuirfc.com/video/match-449/east-fife/

Some picture!