Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Relegation Play-Offs

Being in the relegation play-offs 2 seasons in a row is pretty fucking unacceptable to be honest.
This time i doubt we`ll be so lucky against a plucky Annan side deserving of a place in a higher league.
EF have been guilty this past decade of appointing one managerial fuck up after another. Looking at yesterdays tactics i`m starting to think this could well be another one. Hope i`m wrong and yes the guy needs time but he has to get it right next season. Any more of this utter shite and 25k wasted on a shop will be just that. A waste! Who the fuck needs a big shop in the arsehole league of Scottish football? C`mon Murray, wake up man.
That was yet another "cup final" yesterday and once again we caved in 2nd half. Are we seriously that bad that we have to hold on to a 1-0 lead??!!
Most of these "signings" are pretty poor football players, they really are.
Makes me wonder what next season in the lowly 2nd will bring.
More of the same no doubt!

Sorry about the language. I`m fuming and it seems appropriate.

Re: Relegation Play-Offs

10th place is still possible.

What do the fans expect? East Fife to win most games and other clubs our size to do shit? These fans have obv never ever played football as youngsters or they would know its about encouragement. East Fife fans are the worse fans in Scotland, they moan every game even when the team is on top but yet they still expect results? We are probably one of the worse based teams in Scotland with a low budget and chairman even said at the start 8th would be a good finish so what the fuck do you expect? Credit to the boys and girls who get behind the team but most fans need a bang over the head. Stenhousemuir are also 13 games unbeaten but people expect the shitey East Fife to somehow beat them with no questions asked. Mon the fife!

Stand Banger
What do the fans expect? East Fife to win most games and other clubs our size to do shit? These fans have obv never ever played football as youngsters or they would know its about encouragement. East Fife fans are the worse fans in Scotland, they moan every game even when the team is on top but yet they still expect results? We are probably one of the worse based teams in Scotland with a low budget and chairman even said at the start 8th would be a good finish so what the fuck do you expect? Credit to the boys and girls who get behind the team but most fans need a bang over the head. Stenhousemuir are also 13 games unbeaten but people expect the shitey East Fife to somehow beat them with no questions asked. Mon the fife!

Slightly strange post IMO Stenhousemuir are fucking garbage a shite team a shite club.. We should be bloody rattling them at home and if not atleast working our selfs into the turf in the process. As for crediting the boys and girls who support the team yes I do and think it's fantastic that we still have fans motivated enough to do that, however for some of the older fans I can see why they keep quiet or moan. As what is being played out on the park is often dross with no fire or desire. As for next week at the plastic pitch. No doubt we will take a decent support I just hope Gary gives them the words to fire them up.

Can't understand why some fans want to justify yesterday's performance by blaming other fans.

We didn't make enough chances yesterday and no matter how bad we where Stenny where worse. We started the 2nd half well and kept pushing Stenny back. But as usual our midfield ran out of steam. Fans have every right to question the commitment of some players. Stewart and O'Neil consistently pulled out of tackles and Hughes barely managed to get out of a stroll. He might have a wee bit class at times but we need more dig at the minute.

Naysmith was disappointed with a few players yesterday as fans sitting behind him will have heard. He can't make them tackle or take more responsibility. But he can change the game with his subs. Fash wasn't fit and he still played on and as the game went he made a lot of poor decisions and looked tired. Durie was also having his best game in a long time and putting him to left back upset the balance of the team. Cowan could have played there. Won't start calling for his head though as I do feel that certain players are letting him down.

I would like to see Fisher start next week and possibly Mcbride. Mcbride might not be the greatest player but at least he works hard and tries to press opponents. Who should be dropped take your pick from any of the midfield.

Stand Banger
What do the fans expect? East Fife to win games and other clubs our size to do shit? These fans have obv never ever played football as youngsters or they would know its about encouragement. East Fife fans are the worse fans in Scotland, they moan every game even when the team is on top but yet they still expect results? We are probably one of the worse based teams in Scotland with a low budget and chairman even said at the start 8th would be a good finish so what the fuck do you expect? Credit to the boys and girls who get behind the team but most fans need a bang over the head. Stenhousemuir are also 13 games unbeaten but people expect the shitey East Fife to somehow beat them with no questions asked. Mon the fife!

Whit a stupid post. you clearly talk a lot of shite.
Wiz pish yesterday. Just like whole season and wan before.

wee jimmy
Stand Banger
What do the fans expect? East Fife to win games and other clubs our size to do shit? These fans have obv never ever played football as youngsters or they would know its about encouragement. East Fife fans are the worse fans in Scotland, they moan every game even when the team is on top but yet they still expect results? We are probably one of the worse based teams in Scotland with a low budget and chairman even said at the start 8th would be a good finish so what the fuck do you expect? Credit to the boys and girls who get behind the team but most fans need a bang over the head. Stenhousemuir are also 13 games unbeaten but people expect the shitey East Fife to somehow beat them with no questions asked. Mon the fife!

Shhh you

Stand Banger
wee jimmy
Stand Banger

Shhh you

Good strong argument stand banger.
You are clearly a ladyboy not to be messed with.

Cowan going to ground made the decision for the referee easy.Every game you watch if the player goes to ground its usually a foul and a yellow card,sometimes red. Why Naismith hooked Stony and put Durie at left back and brought Cowan on, was a mystery at the time and it cost us big time. The manager says its down to mental toughness(Cowan was on the park ten minutes) and decision making on the park. He is correct to some degree but it was his decision to put Cowan on when Durie was playing well and fash was knackered.To be honest Stony was playing ok and no threat coming down the left. For me poor management decision that cost us!

Gladstone Fifer
Cowan going to ground made the decision for the referee easy.Every game you watch if the player goes to ground its usually a foul and a yellow card,sometimes red. Why Naismith hooked Stony and put Durie at left back and brought Cowan on, was a mystery at the time and it cost us big time. The manager says its down to mental toughness(Cowan was on the park ten minutes) and decision making on the park. He is correct to some degree but it was his decision to put Cowan on when Durie was playing well and fash was knackered.To be honest Stony was playing ok and no threat coming down the left. For me poor management decision that cost us!

Think Johnstone injured himself, remember him taking a corner in the 2nd half and then holding his hamstring, think that's why he got taken off and forced the reshuffle, we were 1-0 up at the time and not chasing the game so a like for like substitute was understandable, Durie has a left-foot Cowan doesn't hence the swap!!!

Tbh, our best Left-Back continues to be in the dug-out wearing a suit, the sooner Naysmith sees that the better, to late this season, but if he gets a decent pre-season he should be the first name on the team sheet next term!!!

Fash wasn't knackered, he was injured and quite clearly not 100% fit, he should have been hooked at half time and a half given to McKenzie or Inkango. To me it was like playing with 10 men for the majority of the game, this is not a criticism of Fash, he would be in my starting 11 every time, but he just wasn't at the races on Saturday and shouldn't have been played!!!

A gamble that didn't work

King Kebab
Gladstone Fifer

Think Johnstone injured himself, remember him taking a corner in the 2nd half and then holding his hamstring, think that's why he got taken off and forced the reshuffle, we were 1-0 up at the time and not chasing the game so a like for like substitute was understandable, Durie has a left-foot Cowan doesn't hence the swap!!!

Tbh, our best Left-Back continues to be in the dug-out wearing a suit, the sooner Naysmith sees that the better, to late this season, but if he gets a decent pre-season he should be the first name on the team sheet next term!!!

Fash wasn't knackered, he was injured and quite clearly not 100% fit, he should have been hooked at half time and a half given to McKenzie or Inkango. To me it was like playing with 10 men for the majority of the game, this is not a criticism of Fash, he would be in my starting 11 every time, but he just wasn't at the races on Saturday and shouldn't have been played!!!

I think Johnstone holding his hamstring was only a cover up for his awful attempt at a corner!!!

A

King Kebab
Gladstone Fifer

Pretty well spot on KK. I was thinking he should have brought on McBride for Stoney, as he has filled in at left back before and handled it pretty well. Durie was having a good game at right back and I wasn't happy to see him moved to LB. Having said that, I don't believe it was a penalty and the reaction from the Stenny players tends to back that up, along with a few of their own fans saying the same on P&B. Strange then, when we have EF fans making a case for the ref being correct??

Gladstone fifer..

I think you will find that Cowan did not go to ground at all. The referee had very little cause to give a penalty other than he is s--t

I think it will all be pretty irrelevant come the end of the season. The fact is we had to win on Saturday to maintain the pressure on the two above. Getting one point or no points is neither here nor there given our pish goal difference, it was three points we needed.

Lets if we win Abroath get beat they are down and why do Raith fans hate us so much