Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Travel to away games next season

Just wondering if anyone knows what will happen next season with travel to away games since the supporters bus is stopping at the end of the season..I am asking as myself and kids would like to go to a few away games next season and i do not drive

Re: Travel to away games next season

The way things are going a 16 seater mini bus should be enough.

First of all Scuba,I dont know if anybody will be running a bus next season.But do realise that the bus was NOT run by the Supporters Club.The SC made a decision not to run buses several seasons ago.
The 1938 Travel Club ran the buses to away games due to the sterling efforts of Kenny Hancock and Becky Robertson.Sorry if I missed out anyone else who were involved.

I never mentioned the supporters club was merely asking if anyone knew what was happening if there was going to be any buses or not..

Oops,my mistake!

Yeah Kenny and Becky have been ace.

The supporters club is really poor with this. It should really be responsible for running a bus but a lot of the folk who run it don't even go to away games (allegedly).

what reason do the supporters club give for not wanting to run a bus

Kenny and Becky have done a fantastic job keeping the bus running all this time and whoever takes over will find it hard to do such a fine job.There is other folk help run the 1938 club so bound to be buses next season
Lets face it we don't want to end up with an away support like arbroaths

The Supporters Club used to say that they lost money running the bus. However Kenny and Becky have shown that it can be done.
Its much better going to away games on the bus. You can have a drink at the pub before the game etc. Plus it allows people who cant drive a chance to go to e.g a lot of older people and also kids (who are the future remember?)

I think running a bus should be the priority of a supporters club. After all surely one of the best ways to support a club is for the team to backed at every away match by a decent support??? Fundraising could help with costs etc.

Kenny and Becky do an amazing job, but they shouldnt have to as it should be the supporters club that organise this.

Geez
The Supporters Club used to say that they lost money running the bus. However Kenny and Becky have shown that it can be done.
Its much better going to away games on the bus. You can have a drink at the pub before the game etc. Plus it allows people who cant drive a chance to go to e.g a lot of older people and also kids (who are the future remember?)

I think running a bus should be the priority of a supporters club. After all surely one of the best ways to support a club is for the team to backed at every away match by a decent support??? Fundraising could help with costs etc.

Kenny and Becky do an amazing job, but they shouldnt have to as it should be the supporters club that organise this.

I remember the SC bus being heavily subsidised a few years back, but guess what, some of our wonderful supporters were still unhappy with that and complained about anything they could think up to whinge about! Guess what happened then? It was stopped!

Could all the fans who want to travel on a bus not just get together and organise one? Seems like a better way of making sure you'll have a bus next season than demanding someone else does it for you.

East Fifer
Could all the fans who want to travel on a bus not just get together and organise one? Seems like a better way of making sure you'll have a bus next season than demanding someone else does it for you.

Should that not be one of the purposes of the Supporters Club? Thats a forum for getting supporters together?

Geez
East Fifer

Should that not be one of the purposes of the Supporters Club? Thats a forum for getting supporters together?

Are you a member of the supporters club by any chance?

Geez

Exactly!

Fadi the Fifer
Geez

Exactly!

Are you a member as well Fadi?

Geez
East Fifer

I'm sure if you joined the SC and volunteered to organise a bus they'd be more than happy to support you.

East Fifer
Geez
East Fifer

I'm sure if you joined the SC and volunteered to organise a bus they'd be more than happy to support you.

The Supporters Club elect office bearers who sit at a top table for meetings. Surely one of these people could take charge of this? I am a member of the SC by the way, however I have a lot of health problems and would struggle to do it. I would if I could.

FFS Kenny and Becky (along with John) have been running the bus now for years and still have a couple of games at the end of the season still to run!

Do people not think that the sc HAVE already spoken about the situation and are actively doing something or do you think we r just sitting with our thumbs up the proverbial!?!?!

In my opinion I think it would be downright disrespectful to the 1938 travel club were we not to approach THEM about the situation 1st after all the effort they have put towards this without having to come on here and see some of the drivel people put up about what should and should not be done (especially under a false name?).

Please Please Please if you have any suggestions or wish to help out in any way get in touch with one of the sc committee or make yourself heard at the next meeting.

Thanks Paul... Thats all i wanted to know in the begin and apologize to anyone this post may have offended

Paul Munro (aka Mini)
FFS Kenny and Becky (along with John) have been running the bus now for years and still have a couple of games at the end of the season still to run!

Do people not think that the sc HAVE already spoken about the situation and are actively doing something or do you think we r just sitting with our thumbs up the proverbial!?!?!

In my opinion I think it would be downright disrespectful to the 1938 travel club were we not to approach THEM about the situation 1st after all the effort they have put towards this without having to come on here and see some of the drivel people put up about what should and should not be done (especially under a false name?).

Please Please Please if you have any suggestions or wish to help out in any way get in touch with one of the sc committee or make yourself heard at the next meeting.