Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Latest Score

Airdrie 1 East Fife 0 after 51 mins.

Re: Latest Score

2-1

nae surprise there then eh.

utter shite.

ps
smokies are winning 2-0.

Automatic relegation for the worst East Fife team in donkey years.

Garbage! Two cheap goals after giving away possession twice and Durie playing him for the 2nd . Paterson was also poor for both, showing the striker the corner for the 1st and pretty doing nothing for the 2nd.

Stewart was as good as ever and came of as usual. However the rest of the midfield was just as bad. Is there any chance that Liam can control the ball with out it going up in the air?

Durie is not a left back why upset the the balance of the team to play Cowan. He could have played Mcbride LB and kept Durie at RB. Cowan is a complete bombscare.

Next week can Naysmith please keep Johnny Stewart in the stand. He gives away foul after foul due to his inability to run, tackle and pass. Pretty much the basics you need to be a footballer.

Garbage! Two cheap goals after giving away possession twice and Durie playing him for the 2nd . Paterson was also poor for both, showing the striker the corner for the 1st and pretty doing nothing for the 2nd.

Stewart was as good as ever and came of as usual. However the rest of the midfield was just as bad. Is there any chance that Liam can control the ball with out it going up in the air?

Durie is not a left back why upset the the balance of the team to play Cowan. He could have played Mcbride LB and kept Durie at RB. Cowan is a complete bombscare.

Next week can Naysmith please keep Johnny Stewart in the stand. He gives away foul after foul due to his inability to run, tackle and pass. Pretty much the basics you need to be a footballer.

Revolution my arse. Feckin car crash of a season. I feel like a gullible having bought all the schpeel last summer

Fed up
Revolution my arse. Feckin car crash of a season. I feel like a gullible having bought all the schpeel last summer

Reap what you sow,
done a wee bit of research into who Naysmith has brought in. My opinion only but I always thought Craig Gordon was a decent keeper, not the keeper coach he is of the opinion Gordon is chocolate ok he is or was injured , but before that was more than decent As the boy put it on his twitter didn't think he was that good before so why come back words to that effect. Not sure if any other Fife fans recon Gordon was that bad.

Under the old rules we would be relegated with two games still to play. That is shite. What did the chairman say, 7th or 8th place would be a success this season? FAIL. Fed up with season after season of shite.

Didn't bother going to game today, couldn't be arsed and played golf instead,that says it all really. Very lucky to stay up last season but won't be so lucky this time round imo! Need a massive favour from the Pars next week just to make the play offs!well done the new board, u's have succeeded in making a complete cunt of things!!

Absolute joke of a club.

me
Absolute joke of a club.

A car crash of a season and we will deservedly be relegated. I didn't think we could be worse than last season but everyone from the Chairman, to both managers and the players ( especially the players what a spineless load of mediocrity) have proved me wrong.

Useless fuckers, I. Will. Not. Be. Back. I've wasted 45 years on this club but time is now up.

The Dude
me
Absolute joke of a club.

A car crash of a season and we will deservedly be relegated. I didn't think we could be worse than last season but everyone from the Chairman, to both managers and the players ( especially the players what a spineless load of mediocrity) have proved me wrong.

Useless fuckers, I. Will. Not. Be. Back. I've wasted 45 years on this club but time is now up.

i`ve wasted 38 years and i`m done with it also.

East Fife no more.

I think we will need at least 4 pts to make play offs in the next 2 games and not sure that will be enough. Arbroath on a wee run at the right time and pars have done nothing for weeks. Ayr look as if they might still need something from last game. Smokies at Airdrie last game. I thought last season was bad but not sure if this team is good enough to win play offs, if we are fortunate to be in them.

Lol... It will only get worse mark my words... Just wait you will see it happen, Murray should stick to commercial stuff stay out of football side. Don't believe him when he says he doesn't naysmith no balls to do it alone. The club is run poorly looks deceive. Rumour has it no reserves or anything nxt year.

"This is what is all about" (sic)

Our chairman on Twitter this morning apparently. What's it all about - trying desparately to avoid relegation to the bottom 10 of Scottish football?

Bizarre.

We were beaten by the better and hungrier team. Defence never got to grips with lister and he had the defence in trouble all game. The damage was not done today, the last two home games were our down fall. Two games we had to and should have won. Most fans tonight are sick as parrots, another great support and we backed the team all game, but as per normal we were the orchestra of our own down fall. Both goals all so easily avoidable. There is no pace in the team and that was badly shown up today. Now very much in the balance if we make the play offs. Hard to see where a victory will come from.

It would of been better if we played footgolf in this weather, awful. Just back from the game. Goal ruled offside first half and bizzare to see durie left back as Cowan Rb. The formation would be better at 4-4-2. Kevin smith faded and he couldn't make the runs forward to pervious games.
I have to say airdrie had McCormack in the middle as captain and their midfield were strong and he was average at us last season WTF? We should be a lot higher than where we are, airdrie aren't that great like stenny and so far another team like that has beaten us. The fans who came were first class and I noticed durie's dad in our support he must be shocked what he is watching.
2 big games left time is running out and arbroath with one point behind it looks tight and very concerning, don't want to travel to Elgin when we should be going to greenock. Come on east fife!!

Devastated just like every other Fife fan who was at the game today. As others have mentioned, we've had a number of vital games in the last 6-7 weeks but rarely have the players looked as though they were really up for the challenge and willing to give their all for the cause. Airdrie were more up for the fight today and as a result got the points which guarantee their safety.
Strides forward have been made off the park at Bayview but sadly on the park we are as poor as we've been for a few seasons. There is a lack of leadership on the park with nobody who is willing to motivate and kick arses when required. Our build up play is so slow, methodical and predictable that other teams have time to get back and get organised. With our finishing we are never going to blow teams away and one goal in a game looks like our limit.
Our set pieces are really poor. Yes we scored off a corner today, when Campbell headed home but there is little invention in free kicks and corners. Both goals we lost today came from our own poor delivery from a set piece. The first goal saw Airdrie break at pace with 3 players getting forward quickly to give Lister options. We can't do that. Too often players turn back due to lack of pace to get away from opponents or to keep possession as no teammates have made the break forward.
We have lost the midfield battles week after week. Injuries have not helped in terms of who is available but next week I would take a risk with one or two. It is still in our own hands - 2 wins and we make the play offs. Anything less and we are then hoping Arbroath slip up. I can't see us winning both games and fear that we will be relegated automatically. If that happens I think the Board will have a major task in getting fans to part with their cash for Season tickets as many feel they were sold down the river this year with so many false promises.
Still hoping we can do it but can't say I'm optimistic !

Cambuslang Fifer
It would of been better if we played footgolf in this weather, awful. Just back from the game. Goal ruled offside first half and bizzare to see durie left back as Cowan Rb. The formation would be better at 4-4-2. Kevin smith faded and he couldn't make the runs forward to pervious games.
I have to say airdrie had McCormack in the middle as captain and their midfield were strong and he was average at us last season WTF? We should be a lot higher than where we are, airdrie aren't that great like stenny and so far another team like that has beaten us. The fans who came were first class and I noticed durie's dad in our support he must be shocked what he is watching.
2 big games left time is running out and arbroath with one point behind it looks tight and very concerning, don't want to travel to Elgin when we should be going to greenock. Come on east fife!!

Why should we be higher than we are? That team has been pish all season. Even the wins have hardly been convincing.
From day 1 of Pre season this campaign has been a complete disaster. All this revolution nonsense and then saying 8th would a good position. Talk about mixed messages. If 8th is acceptable to the board then 9th must be partial success.
Then handing FT contracts to dross like Paul Willis, Johnny Fucking Stewart, Pat Clarke, Cedric Tuta and Ryan Stewart has back fired big time.
If even retain 9th place the team who faces us will b rubbing their hands as see are a complete soft touch from back to front.

our club are better than stenny and even a team like airdrie who have a 4 stand stadium and can't fill them with average players and we should be a lot higher than 9th but we fail to get three points and decisions have gone against us.
We all know at the start oif the season we wernt going to be right up there with the rangers but we should be a lot higher than 9th but it's the results that count and we haven't been getting results when we need them.
I dunno if we should of had a unexperience pervious manager at the start incharge of east fife and having all this pre season talk about where we might finish and the new board coming in etc...has had any affect on the club I dunno? I wish everything was rosy and if naysmith was incharge at the start would he brought those players in or not we dunno what goes through managers heads.
Giving FT contract was when pervious manager came in and handed them those deals and look where tuta and Willis they have went but it is still bizzare why they were giving those sort of deals in the first place with nothing to give or show for the team.
I know it's still poor finishing 9th and we look like we are going downhill than uphill I just pray results change on saturday and if so we will have to go to ayr still and playing ayr on-form isn't easy.
All we can do is to support the club like we are doing and it's upto the players to get us out of it with two games left I say.

Bayviewboy
Devastated just like every other Fife fan who was at the game today. As others have mentioned, we've had a number of vital games in the last 6-7 weeks but rarely have the players looked as though they were really up for the challenge and willing to give their all for the cause. Airdrie were more up for the fight today and as a result got the points which guarantee their safety.
Strides forward have been made off the park at Bayview but sadly on the park we are as poor as we've been for a few seasons. There is a lack of leadership on the park with nobody who is willing to motivate and kick arses when required. Our build up play is so slow, methodical and predictable that other teams have time to get back and get organised. With our finishing we are never going to blow teams away and one goal in a game looks like our limit.
Our set pieces are really poor. Yes we scored off a corner today, when Campbell headed home but there is little invention in free kicks and corners. Both goals we lost today came from our own poor delivery from a set piece. The first goal saw Airdrie break at pace with 3 players getting forward quickly to give Lister options. We can't do that. Too often players turn back due to lack of pace to get away from opponents or to keep possession as no teammates have made the break forward.
We have lost the midfield battles week after week. Injuries have not helped in terms of who is available but next week I would take a risk with one or two. It is still in our own hands - 2 wins and we make the play offs. Anything less and we are then hoping Arbroath slip up. I can't see us winning both games and fear that we will be relegated automatically. If that happens I think the Board will have a major task in getting fans to part with their cash for Season tickets as many feel they were sold down the river this year with so many false promises.
Still hoping we stay up.

Brilliant post and the majority of the fans today are saying that enough is enough and they are feeling conned, both on the pitch and off it. I've been a season ticket holder for 20 plus years but won't be renewing next season if we go down. No shirt sponsor but we have under armour supplying the kits. For me it's what's inside the shirt, not what's outside it.

honestly........im depressed

Never mind.
At least we`ll still have a brand new shop!

Murray sure has the priorities right eh.

25k of good honest fans money gone to fuck.

SHAMBLES!

Yes we're all depressed. You can have all progress off the field but if the product on it is poor then it is all pointless, totally pointless.

There will be no more games Rangers or Dunfermline or even Ayr Fucking United. It's Elgin City, Montrose and Berwick for us. Not very glamorous is it Lee? Most of us are used to it mind, we have been shit for 20 years and seen it all before but it doesn't make it any easier to take.

So much for the revolution eh? We have been sold an almighty dummy and I'm livid. Like really livid.

If we go down,it will take a few years to get back into this division.Thing is,the fans that can be bothered to support the team next season,will expect us to come straight back up,and i don't think thats going to happen.As someone has already said,its been a joke from day one.The Nade saga just somes it up.We have been sold down the river with promises that have bore fuck all.Hopefully the board will support the manager to get "flair" players to sign for us,something that we have saddly lacked this season.Still 2 games to go though,so we might still be in a playoff.Hay ,we might even be able ti score more than 2 in a home game,however, i,m putting my cash on us finnishing bottom o the pile.Another relagation ti add ti the others i'v witnest over the fuckin years.

The Dude
Yes we're all depressed. You can have all progress off the field but if the product on it is poor then it is all pointless, totally pointless.

There will be no more games Rangers or Dunfermline or even Ayr Fucking United. It's Elgin City, Montrose and Berwick for us. Not very glamorous is it Lee? Most of us are used to it mind, we have been shit for 20 years and seen it all before but it doesn't make it any easier to take.

So much for the revolution eh? We have been sold an almighty dummy and I'm livid. Like really livid.

Progress off the field? Do tell. You've got Lee Murray who has the fans, and this site admin, wrapped around his fingerby blethering to them on Twitter. He'll probably ask for this post to be removed. He owns fuck all at East Fife, has no intention to own East Fife and has bullshitted East Fife fans from the start. He's also skint. Take a look at the video from his meet the fans at the start. Lies.

Lee Murray is the puppet for Rankine, just as Derreck Brown was. Nothing's changed. Get over the fact he's approachable and chats to fans. We've still got the same arseholes on the board who have backed Rankine throughout, running the club into the ground. Enjoy the bottom league. I won't.

Wake Up
The Dude

Progress off the field? Do tell. You've got Lee Murray who has the fans, and this site admin, wrapped around his fingerby blethering to them on Twitter. He'll probably ask for this post to be removed. He owns fuck all at East Fife, has no intention to own East Fife and has bullshitted East Fife fans from the start. He's also skint. Take a look at the video from his meet the fans at the start. Lies.

Lee Murray is the puppet for Rankine, just as Derreck Brown was. Nothing's changed. Get over the fact he's approachable and chats to fans. We've still got the same arseholes on the board who have backed Rankine throughout, running the club into the ground. Enjoy the bottom league. I won't.[/quote

Great post , just heard that Murry and naysmith are getting shot of the reserves and the u19s next season and just play bounce games and that the youths lost about £15,000 to £20,000 from the SFA and there youth coaches haven't been paid. Hope this is all crap and just hear say mr Murry.

Wake Up
The Dude

Lee Murray is the puppet for Rankine, just as Derreck Brown was. Nothing's changed. Get over the fact he's approachable and chats to fans. We've still got the same arseholes on the board who have backed Rankine throughout, running the club into the ground. Enjoy the bottom league. I won't.

At last someone else can see through Lee Murray!s bullshit, more will come out from this revolution yet. Naismith has zero control of who's in or out . Who would come to a club that is in turmoil from within, look on the bright side Fash is still signed, still looking to trial junior players. Go down regroup lol.... Lee said he would be transparent about happenings at the club no you haven't lots going on, where is BM these days why he not around the club Lee? Have you found a problem ?

fed up me too
Under the old rules we would be relegated with two games still to play. That is shite. What did the chairman say, 7th or 8th place would be a success this season? FAIL. Fed up with season after season of shite.

SUCCESS... that's means 7th or 8th would have been a good season, a realistic reason would be 9th or 10th

He is more transparent than any of the gutless spineless arseholes who post their vitriol under assumed names. Keep hiding under your hedges.

Cambuslang Fifer

Shut up just shut up

martin black
He is more transparent than any of the gutless spineless arseholes who post their vitriol under assumed names. Keep hiding under your hedges.

Excellent 100% accurate post. Well said Martin.

The Dude

Why don't you shut your mouth you two-faced piece of shite? East Fife doesn't need the like of you so get tae fuck yah useless troll.

Seein' it as it is
The Dude

Why don't you shut your mouth you two-faced piece of shite? East Fife doesn't need the like of you so get tae fuck yah useless troll.

Yes East Fife most definitely do need the likes of him you inbred muppet.
Everyone is entitled to voice an opinion.

Twat.

martin black

Wrapped around every word.. Lol

empty promises that's all weve had from mr murray.i wont be lining his pockets anymore

Bizzle
empty promises that's all weve had from mr murray.i wont be lining his pockets anymore[/quot
Bizze,

Can you please add more info to your comment about Lee Murray "lining his pockets" are you suggesting that our Chairman is personally taking money or benefits out of the club? If that's the case , and you have proof , I and many more fans would like to hear more as Mr Murray has always ( as far as I am aware ) told us he is not gaining personally from his involvement with the club- in fact I have the distinct impression that his involvement is costing him money - not withstanding all the hours he puts in.

If however your comment is purely speculation and rumour making then I am sorry your post and all others have no credibility whatsoever.

I have nothing to do with the club ( other than being a season ticket holder) and do not know Lee Murray but the last thing we need right now is unsubstantiated allegations to further lower the morale of the club and it's fans - if indeed that is possible right now. !

Would be interested to read your reply

no I don't think hes doing that and never suggested he does. hes a local business man who has lost mine and my familys custom. again all its been so far is empty promises and broken hearted fans

Bizzle
no I don't think hes doing that and never suggested he does. hes a local business man who has lost mine and my familys custom. again all its been so far is empty promises and broken hearted fans

You need tae get a grip on reality neebur! Do you think a handful of so-called East Fife fans are going to have an impact on Lee Murray's or any other local business? You are in a very, very small minority of not only supporters of East Fife, but of the general Levenmouth population, so nothing you choose to do will make a blind bit of difference. Now go away and grow bloody up! It's only a game of football ya dafty! You would think it was the end of the world, spouting the pish that you do!

auld jimmy name says it all! ill do what I want mate and im entitled to my opinion .i didn't say it would effect him of coarse it wont but my choice now auld boy maybe you should grow up and stopping calling people out on a forum you troll

It's people like you that are the reason smaller clubs are struggling to survive with a smaller fan base, as none of your kind are supporters. You are only interested in being associated with success, not with supporting your local team.

To be honest, when I read the amount of anti-Lee Murray crap on here, I think, "that's someone else who drinks in the Den Inn having a go". Nothing to do with East Fife in other words, more to do with the local Rangers/Celtic allegiance which is the scourge of Scottish Football.

I think you write a load of shite on this forum with along with a few other morons who think that East Fife getting beat is a reason to get angry and spout a load of utter pish, thinking that the rest of us give a shit about whether you come back to Bayview again!

Then you've got me all wrong been a fan since ten years old now on my 15th season ticket .have the club great tatooed on my arm.never supported blue or green.i have always been a fifer even when I lived in England.start of this season we were promised the world and to be fair i think we have a right to be let down.i don't moan about the losses as such otherwise id have been on here constantly!!

Also the only reason i wont be buying a season ticket next season is due to work.i will attend every game i can regardless of what division we are in

Auld Jimmy
It's people like you that are the reason smaller clubs are struggling to survive with a smaller fan base, as none of your kind are supporters. You are only interested in being associated with success, not with supporting your local team.

To be honest, when I read the amount of anti-Lee Murray crap on here, I think, "that's someone else who drinks in the Den Inn having a go". Nothing to do with East Fife in other words, more to do with the local Rangers/Celtic allegiance which is the scourge of Scottish Football.

I think you write a load of shite on this forum with along with a few other morons who think that East Fife getting beat is a reason to get angry and spout a load of utter pish, thinking that the rest of us give a shit about whether you come back to Bayview again!

You are at it again my friend. Fair enough if you don't like peoples opinions but saying that these are not true East Fife fans is complete and utter bollocks. If they were not why would they bother coming onto this forum? And if getting beat on a regular basis and having the season from hell are not grounds for getting angry can you tell me what is? And looking at the vitriol you spew out to others who have the temerity to say something you disagree with it seems to me you are the one who should be considering anger management classes.

We are a small club that needs everyone who is a fan of East Fife whether they go to every match or just the occasional one to stay a fan of East Fife. The loss of even one long-standing supporter should be a cause for concern and you really should give a shit.

Okay Bizzle, I apologise if I have got you wrong mate, but if East Fife are your team, then it is your team good or bad times. I don't see the point of people posting on this site, on about stopping going to Bayview, nae mair season tickets fae me, my hard earned cash crap etc, etc. Jist do what you want to do, why tell me or anybody else you don't know from Adam, on a forum?

One things for sure, by putting posts like that on the forum, you are not helping the club one iota, yet you profess to support them. When I say you, I mean all of those who do this and not directed only at you Bizzle. When the club needs all the support it can get to avoid relegation, certain supporters are not willing to give them it, instead all they give is more grief and pressure on the team. It's simply not true the players don't care or try hard enough. At least they will be there next week for the next game, what about our so-called die-hard supporters who have stated they won't be? Who is trying their best for the club, these supporters, or the players?

For the record, as things stand it is hard to see us escape automatic relegation, but if we make the play-offs instead, I think we will stay in League 1. I'll be there to support the team until that is decided. Being a supporter, why shouldn't I?

Terracing Now!

You are at it again my friend. Fair enough if you don't like peoples opinions but saying that these are not true East Fife fans is complete and utter bollocks. If they were not why would they bother coming onto this forum? And if getting beat on a regular basis and having the season from hell are not grounds for getting angry can you tell me what is? And looking at the vitriol you spew out to others who have the temerity to say something you disagree with it seems to me you are the one who should be considering anger management classes.

We are a small club that needs everyone who is a fan of East Fife whether they go to every match or just the occasional one to stay a fan of East Fife. The loss of even one long-standing supporter should be a cause for concern and you really should give a shit.

So what kind of forum did the 'true' fans bother to go onto when there was no internet mate? We are a small club who can well do without supporters like there was at Airdrie yesterday, who as soon as Airdrie scored, immediately turned on the players and the management. Now that was real anger, not 'temerity' (which means audacity, cheek, forwardness etc BTW so not really the correct word to use), to put over their point, far from it. What happened to their support of the team, that you say these guys are giving? I'm afraid 'my friend' you don't seem to grasp what the meaning of support is (or temerity).

Not seen Jocky for a while.
He still alive?

I thought he was a director SP.. eh, ah mean Jack?

Fife loyal
Seein' it as it is
The Dude

Twat.

That's rich comin fae white trash vermin like you. Go and play with the rats in your stinkin phish ridden hovel.

Seein' it as it is
Fife loyal
Seein' it as it is
The Dude

Twat.

That's rich comin fae white trash vermin like you. Go and play with the rats in your stinkin phish ridden hovel.

Nothing is free. This is the price of freedom of speech.

Yup, "seein it as it is" is definitely the thickest one we've had on here for a while.

His poor mum.

jack
Yup, "seein it as it is" is definitely the thickest one we've had on here for a while.

His poor mum.
lolol

Bizzle
jack

His poor mum.
lolol

Shite routine a

Bizzle
jack

His poor mum.
lolol

Shite routine

Time for yo mama jokes?