Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
We need your help

Your club needs you!

Guys I am as gutted as all of you must have been yesterday. I've still not talked to anyone I'm that pissed off I told you 8th was what I wanted and I have not delivered so sorry. But we are not dead yet and we have one massive home game to go. We need everybody to get to the game next week to create the best atmosphere ever at Bayview, I know it's been a pish season can't hide from that mistakes have been made, especially at the start. But we are getting it right behind the scenes. I know this doesn't make results lately any better but Gary & I have been working non stop on every little thing to make us more professional and I don't believe by the time next season starts there will be a more professional part time team in the country! But all that work will be forgotten if our players right now can't get us over the line. So I need you guys to get everybody you know to the ground next week to make Bayview the feared ground we all want it to be! WE CAN BEAT BRECHIN and with your help & support we will get the right result.

Can I just say the support you guys have gave the club this season has been nothing short of amazing considering what we have been giving you back, we had the 3rd biggest away support at Airdire yesterday and although they beat us Airdrie and most of the other clubs want EF in L1, but we have got to do it for ourselves.

I will see this job through no matter what league we are in and I will strive night and day to make sure YOUR club is in the best shape it has ever been, thanks so much for all the support you have given me this season. Next week is our cup final so let's get behind the lads for this one, I know I will be rallying all my friends to get to the game please do the same and let's create some real noise and passion. Lee

Re: We need your help

To create an atmosphere i think we need a singing section every game to motivate the fans and players seem to have this at away games but not any home games unless I have not noticed this..If this was to happen it needs to happen asap!!

Support in the next 2 (hopefully 6) games can make a huge difference.

The players have a question to answer also - "are you the worst players in the division"? We'll get that answer soon.....

We have the support just no passion for some "fans" the players cant do right for doing wrong just because we dont attack for 90 mins..

Not trying to criticise anyone or anybody what has happened has happened we need one big push to finish this season off and we need everyone behind us let's fill the place and get it jumping that's all I'm asking.

Don't want us arguing all falling out we need to be all together, singing sections, family sections etc we will sort next season it's this season that's still important.

Thanks

100% agree lets do this!!!! BELIEVE!!!Reading post on here about support for next week against Brechin just a thought if we want a bit more support for this game why not do the deal Airdrie were doing....Free entry for under 12's with a paying adult..Like i say just a suggestion.

Thanks for the suggestion will bring that up at this weeks board meeting

Cant remember the last time we had full free entry hint hint... Personally I have a baby on the way so every penny is a prisoner But I do know plenty of boys who would go every week if it wasn't for their lack of a job and the lack of money which goes with that

Next week is our cup final? I thought yesterday was our cup final, which was something of surprise because last week was a cup final too, and the week before against Stranraer. And if we win next week we might have another cup final against Ayr, and then four more cup finals after that.
This could be our most successful season ever.

This goes hand in hand.The support have backed the players most of the season but unfortunately the players continually haven`t responded hence were in the deep brown stuff.Up to the players now to perform and lift/create the atmosphere.

FUCK SAKE,what does he think weeve been doing for years.All ov our supporters will be behind the team 100% on saturday and in the playoffs if we make them.Oh and before anybody has a go,i'll be renewing my season ticket no matter what league were in next season.I'm just pissed off with this season from start ti finish.Some ov the signigs we've made have been a fuckin joke.Less than 30 goals in a season speaks for its self.No more than 2 goals a game at home is fuckin unbelvable.The midfeild couldn'y open a door never mind a defence,but hay,i'll still be there on saturday,praying and biting my nails as normal.

Lee Murray
Thanks for the suggestion will
bring that up at this weeks board meeting

HALF PRICE ADMISSION FOR EVERYBODY ON LAST DAY WOULDNT GO A MISS FOR THE FANS GETS THE NUMBERS INTO THE STADIUM. JUST AN IDEA THO

Lee, i think the fans have every right to be angry.
As a businessman you will surely realise that relegation will bring with it a huge drop in revenue generated through the turnstiles next season.

Tread carefully with signing up existing players for next season. The fans simply wont accept resigning the majority of this seasons squad. They have been a complete and utter disaster.
Paterson, Campbell, Fisher, Brown, Barr, Hughes, Austin & Buchanan are the only ones worth keeping. The rest are brutal to be honest, which kind of makes the player of the year event a laughing stock.
A bit like awarding Hitler a Nobel peace prize.

Don't come on here much. Prefer Pie & Bovril but we have become a joke on that website so i`m over and out for the foreseeable.

Will i be there next Saturday? Highly unlikely. I think we all know the result before the game has even kicked off.

Best of luck for the future Mr Chairman. Think you are going to need it.
Nothing would give me greater satisfaction that to see it all come together, but first and foremost we need a manager and a team who are in it together.
We`ve not had that for a long long time.

Lee

Well done for coming on here and not hiding when things are as bad as they are.

It would be great if we had a full house on Sat and the fans helped the team to a victory.

The problem as I see it is the fans that have stuck with the team through an awful season are sick of seeing (what appears to be) half hearted challenges -a lack of real commitment and desire from several of our regular team.The talk in the stands before the game is about who is playing after yet another inept performance-not how much they are looking forward to another spirited display from the team.

It's the same few players who bust a gut every week - rarely lose a tackle and look as if the really care if we win or not- sadly these players are few and far between.

Yesterday the 1st goal came from our corner but within seconds they had 4 players attacking our 2/3 defenders not noe of our players that was up for the corner was busting a gut to get back .

I dont know if it's fitness, lack of motivation or what but it's very hard to cheer a team that ( in the main) don't appear to care if they win or lose.

Over the years IV been at several games that had meant we were either relegated or failed to win promotion but for the majority of them the supporters have cheered the team throughout and stayed behind to show their appreciation for the players efforts .

If the players do their part on Sat I have no doubt the supporters will give them their full backing.

Finally . Before next season why dont you get a group of supporters to meet with you to discuss ways that the match day atmosphere at Bayview could be improved upon. Our away support has consistently been praised. , by opposing teams, for their support at away matches- so why is Bayview like a morgue?

I think I speak for most supporters when I say we realise we aren't expecting silky soccer for 90 mins every week -but I think the least we can expect is total commitment and effort from every player that puts on a black and gold strip.

Fifer 11

Can't argue with anything you have said, I take on board what you say about a fans group this is something I suggested a while back but it was decided to wait till end of the season, there are loads of things that need to be worked on but unfortunately it has not happened this season. I agree the least every supporter should expect is effort & commitment and I have pushed hard for this. And going forward it will be addressed.

But no matter what we say about this season we still have a huge game on Saturday to try and secure a place in the playoffs. I don't want to get into a slagging match, we had a Q&A a few weeks ago where we tried to be very open and tell it how it is. All I wanted to do want try and get the support behind us.

Time for slagging and talking about if & buts is when this season is over these bad mistakes will not be allowed to happen again, but there has been no stability for years & years we need to stabilise the club and put real standards in place and I am working hard at that. Trying to be open and forthright with the fans was a promise I made you all. But if it turns into a slagging match what is the point.

I have said before and will say it again anybody wants to come and speak to me anytime or email me I am happy to speak to any supporter any time.

Admission for Brechin game should be significantly reduced! More people we can get in the better. Brechin have been very comfortable against us this season so it promises to be a very hard and nervy game. I expect Arbroath to beat the Pars so we must win this game. Hopefully the players turn up, unlike majority of season where performances have been piss poor. Good luck East Fife, we really need it....

Lee Murray
Fifer 11

Can't argue with anything you have said, I take on board what you say about a fans group this is something I suggested a while back but it was decided to wait till end of the season, there are loads of things that need to be worked on but unfortunately it has not happened this season. I agree the least every supporter should expect is effort & commitment and I have pushed hard for this. And going forward it will be addressed.

But no matter what we say about this season we still have a huge game on Saturday to try and secure a place in the playoffs. I don't want to get into a slagging match, we had a Q&A a few weeks ago where we tried to be very open and tell it how it is. All I wanted to do want try and get the support behind us.

Time for slagging and talking about if & buts is when this season is over these bad mistakes will not be allowed to happen again, but there has been no stability for years & years we need to stabilise the club and put real standards in place and I am working hard at that. Trying to be open and forthright with the fans was a promise I made you all. But if it turns into a slagging match what is the point.

I have said before and will say it again anybody wants to come and speak to me anytime or email me I am happy to speak to any supporter any time.

Wake Up
Progress off the field? Do tell. You've got Lee Murray who has the fans, and this site admin, wrapped around his fingerby blethering to them on Twitter. He'll probably ask for this post to be removed. He owns fuck all at East Fife, has no intention to own East Fife and has bullshitted East Fife fans from the start. He's also skint. Take a look at the video from his meet the fans at the start. Lies.

Lee Murray is the puppet for Rankine, just as Derreck Brown was. Nothing's changed. Get over the fact he's approachable and chats to fans. We've still got the same arseholes on the board who have backed Rankine throughout, running the club into the ground. Enjoy the bottom league. I won't.

Dear Mr Murray,

I'm 23 and have followed East Fife for most of my life due to my grandad who's from Cupar. I only get to a handful of games a season but I've only got one team. I'm not part of the hardcore and feel a bit out of it living in Bristol but I'm still hurting. I still wear my East Fife top down here. I don't want to offend anyone, especially you, but even though the post above is a bit raw and even insulting, I feel it's pertinent and valid even if he is anonymous. The questions about ownership are valid ones.

Can you please set the fans straight on the points he raises? I could care less about if you have money. I think you're a good guy and will be good for us. Can you please set the record straight about the other stuff he talks about? I thought you owned East Fife or the transfer of ownership is in the pipeline?

Yours sincerely, mon the Fifers,

Dave

ps, I don't care about this Rankin dude

I for one won't be back at bayview next season. The way this club has been run is laughable and unfortunately mr murray that's mainly down to you!! I'm hearing strong rumours that we won't have a 19's youth or reserve team which is absolutely ridiculous can you confirm this? I'm also completely against the appointment of Gary, an experienced manager who has put us in a worse position now than when he was appointed, surely we would have had better candidates to choose from ? Anyway that's me finished why my rant, just soo annoyed!!

Well done, Lee Murray! You are so the man, with Gary Naismith, to take us forward. Please you regulars, look at medium term history. A revolving door policy with managers and management has been disastrous. These two are men of integrity and vision. Stick with it...even for 5 years!

I know that Luton have spent 5 years in the Conference and built a strong club with a vision for the future. No short termism.
I know, particularly, that Leicester City, have built from inside with long term confidence. And they will be in the Premiership for a while because of it! No short termism!
For those who know me you will know that nobody is more stupidly East Fife daft than me. My worst East Fife moment has been this season. The Mugging by Ayr. My best was the terrific support when we stole that 1 1 draw against the lino people a few seasons back
I'm going to try to answer the clarion call of our chairman and make it across for Saturday. Whatever, please make it a 90 minute cacophony to show that, no matter what, East Fife matters!

nothing but empty promises

I'm torn right now. On the one hand I have followed this club and deeply care about it since the late 60's when I saw my first match - Dewar, the Waddell brothers, Borthwick, Miller, Gilchrist, McQuade etc were all playing and these names and all the others that followed are indelibly imprinted on my brain. You don't forget any of that and part of me thinks we can get back, we can compete again and I'll stick with it whatever.

But on the other hand I've grown tired of East Fife being rubbish for so long. I'm tired of us now being a poor relation to some of the clubs we used to look down on as hopeless minnows. We are now in that boat, a hopeless case, doomed it seems to being bit players on the Scottish football scene where we can't look even look Cowdenbeath in the eye (never mind Raith) without them killing themselves laughing at out constant ineptitude.

I'll have to take stock over the summer. The thought of bottom tier football appals me frankly and could be the end for me. Can anyone persuade me not to jack it in and turn to hard booze instead?

The season has gone from bad to worse and we are now just hanging on to survival in this division. No one can be happy about the way things are on the field but it is quite obvious from this and the previous thread that there is an element who are more concerned with pursuing a personal vendetta against Lee Murray than they are about the team and the club.
We are one season into a partial escape from the Danskin/Brown/Gray/Rankin/Collumbine years yet these inadequates seem intent on driving out the first glimmer of hope we have had in years.

On the field it has been a terrible season and the mistake of rash promises at the start of the season have been acknowledged but everything that has been done since then,successful or not,seems to have been done to take the club forward.

Before the start of the season I wouldn't have known Lee Murray if I walked past him in the street. They say you can only speak as you find and in the couple of times I have met him during the season nothing he has said has indicated anything other than a desire for EFFC to improve and grow.

Anything other than a few years of stability in the boardroom could be disastrous for EFFC. Going down would be a blow, taking a couple of seasons to get out of the bottom division would be hard to take but these would both be survivable. Trying to find a new Chairman with a genuine interest in EFFC rather than it's assets may be a lot more difficult to achieve.

These are my personal views and not necessarily those of the Trust

Trying to find a new Chairman with a genuine interest in EFFC rather than it's assets may be a lot more difficult to achieve[/quote

that's hard to believe when you remember hes a rangers fan

Not The Other Chairman
The season has gone from bad to worse and we are now just hanging on to survival in this division. No one can be happy about the way things are on the field but it is quite obvious from this and the previous thread that there is an element who are more concerned with pursuing a personal vendetta against Lee Murray than they are about the team and the club.
We are one season into a partial escape from the Danskin/Brown/Gray/Rankin/Collumbine years yet these inadequates seem intent on driving out the first glimmer of hope we have had in years.

On the field it has been a terrible season and the mistake of rash promises at the start of the season have been acknowledged but everything that has been done since then,successful or not,seems to have been done to take the club forward.

Before the start of the season I wouldn't have known Lee Murray if I walked past him in the street. They say you can only speak as you find and in the couple of times I have met him during the season nothing he has said has indicated anything other than a desire for EFFC to improve and grow.

Anything other than a few years of stability in the boardroom could be disastrous for EFFC. Going down would be a blow, taking a couple of seasons to get out of the bottom division would be hard to take but these would both be survivable. Trying to find a new Chairman with a genuine interest in EFFC rather than it's assets may be a lot more difficult to achieve.

Thank Christ they're not the views of the Trust. We'll take a couple of seasons to get out the bottom league? What you basing that on? Are you zipped up the back? I notice you never referred to the Rangers supporter with a genuine interest in East Fife as the owner. Why not? Who owns East Fife? Fuck me gently. You're supposed to be the leader of the Trust holding thsee rougues to account. Nightmare.

Ohyahoor
Not The Other Chairman

Thank Christ they're not the views of the Trust. We'll take a couple of seasons to get out the bottom league? What you basing that on? Are you zipped up the back? I notice you never referred to the Rangers supporter with a genuine interest in East Fife as the owner. Why not? Who owns East Fife? Fuck me gently. You're supposed to be the leader of the Trust holding thsee rougues to account. Nightmare.
yes mate!

Ohyahoor,
Your first post on AFTN and it has just confirmed that your new found concern is related more to dislike of Lee Murray than any concern for the club. The need to bring up a connection with Rangers explains a lot.
I have expressed a personal view on the situation so surprise me by explaining the changes you would like to see in the boardroom and how EFFC should develop over the next few seasons.

I agree that we need stability both in the board room and the management. Any person out there doubting Gary Naysmiths desire and commitment should have had a look at how he celebrated when East Fife scored yesterday. I for one admire the hard work that both Gary and lee are doing. I am the first to agree that its a results driven business, but the simple fact is the players are where the blame lies. I think that the majority of players pulling on an East Fife shirt will know that there is no chance of a contract for next season. I am certain that Gary and Lee will already have identified players they would like for next season, and they will be working over time to get them to play for East Fife. I admit that it might not be so easy to sell players a contract for the 4th tier of Scottish football. There is no fan out there who will be any more pissed off than I was yesterday and even today, but lets not knock guys who are giving a 110 % of their life and time for our football club. Sure mistakes have been made but that is the learning curve of live. Now let us all pull together, and back every person who is given their support and professional know how to make us a better club.

fan 67
I agree that we need stability both in the board room and the management. Any person out there doubting Gary Naysmiths desire and commitment should have had a look at how he celebrated when East Fife scored yesterday. I for one admire the hard work that both Gary and lee are doing. I am the first to agree that its a results driven business, but the simple fact is the players are where the blame lies. I think that the majority of players pulling on an East Fife shirt will know that there is no chance of a contract for next season. I am certain that Gary and Lee will already have identified players they would like for next season, and they will be working over time to get them to play for East Fife. I admit that it might not be so easy to sell players a contract for the 4th tier of Scottish football. There is no fan out there who will be any more pissed off than I was yesterday and even today, but lets not knock guys who are giving a 110 % of their life and time for our football club. Sure mistakes have been made but that is the learning curve of live. Now let us all pull together, and back every person who is given their support and professional know how to make us a better club.

Great post !
We as fans are all hurting at the position we are in after all the pre season hype. So many players who have come in have not lived up to expectations. I realise that we are not going to sign top quality players due to the level we are playing at and the wages on offer, but as has been mentioned the very least that is expected is 100% commitment to the cause and the desire to do all they can for the Club that pays their wages. Too often we have witnessed players going in to challenges half hearted and inevitable losing possession. The first Airdrie goal yesterday typified this when as our corner was cleared and Airdrie broke quickly, one of our players could have made a challenge in their half, even could have taken one for the team by fouling their player but did neither.
Most of the players are on one year deals with contracts up in May. Some know that the Manager has tried to offload them in January. I'm not suggesting that some players don't try but any who have offers on the table for next year may not wish to get injured. What does it matter to these guys whether we are in Division 1 or 2 next season ? Good to see the Club tying up Brown, Barr & Fash on 2 year deals. Just as it's important for stability in terms of Manager, it's also important that we are not having to rebuild a completely new squad, year after year. Hopefully we win next week and the Pars do us a favour, but no matter where we are playing next season a major overhaul of the squad is required. The problem with our situation is that players won't commit to the club till our fate is decided. Here's hoping its Division 1 next season

Let's wipe the slate clean on what's happened this season. Let's get behind the team on Saturday and hopefully get a victory. But should the team go behind at all let's encourage them on. No sniping at the first opportunity. I'm heartened by the amount of real true supporters who are still being positive. Last chance, so let's urge them on and maybe, just maybe Dunfermline might do us a favour!!!

Good luck to all the players, I'll be there doing my bit and come what may I' ll be there next season as well. True supporters never change their colours.

C,moon the Fife.

Less talk lets just be there and try and get a few extra along. One fekin massive game. Hope the wee boys with the drum turn up they tried their best at airdrie in fact they werebrilliant

The fans like the "shoe crew" or "ultras" or whatever they are called need to all be together along with other fans who want to try and create a bit of atmosphere. This Saturday is massive and maybe the club can allow everyone to squeeze in and stand together?

DLA
The fans like the "shoe crew" or "ultras" or whatever they are called need to all be together along with other fans who want to try and create a bit of atmosphere. This Saturday is massive and maybe the club can allow everyone to squeeze in and stand together?

We will try but we have to keep the noise to a minimum as some of the older fans might not enjoy the game.

David Knox
Lee Murray
Fifer 11

Wake Up
Progress off the field? Do tell. You've got Lee Murray who has the fans, and this site admin, wrapped around his fingerby blethering to them on Twitter. He'll probably ask for this post to be removed. He owns fuck all at East Fife, has no intention to own East Fife and has bullshitted East Fife fans from the start. He's also skint. Take a look at the video from his meet the fans at the start. Lies.

Lee Murray is the puppet for Rankine, just as Derreck Brown was. Nothing's changed. Get over the fact he's approachable and chats to fans. We've still got the same arseholes on the board who have backed Rankine throughout, running the club into the ground. Enjoy the bottom league. I won't.

Dear Mr Murray,

I'm 23 and have followed East Fife for most of my life due to my grandad who's from Cupar. I only get to a handful of games a season but I've only got one team. I'm not part of the hardcore and feel a bit out of it living in Bristol but I'm still hurting. I still wear my East Fife top down here. I don't want to offend anyone, especially you, but even though the post above is a bit raw and even insulting, I feel it's pertinent and valid even if he is anonymous. The questions about ownership are valid ones.

Can you please set the fans straight on the points he raises? I could care less about if you have money. I think you're a good guy and will be good for us. Can you please set the record straight about the other stuff he talks about? I thought you owned East Fife or the transfer of ownership is in the pipeline?

Yours sincerely, mon the Fifers,

Dave

ps, I don't care about this Rankin dude

Hi Mr Murray,

I don't want to upset anyone but could you respond to the above. I know you read and post on the forum. If there is something you'd rather not go into on a forum, I understand and respect it however the questions asked seem reasonable and basic given all the stuff you openly said at the start about a takeover. The questions seem entirely fair and you'd put a lot of uncertainty to rest and get most fans on side.

Yours in hope.

I asked a similar question at the fans meeting. From memory the situation is that the deposit has been paid, heads of terms agreed, but deal cannot conclude due to a different legal matter between Colombine and Johnson. Once that matter is resolved, deal will continue.

Answer seemed fair to me.

And I'm pretty sure the only way Lee could have the power to run the club his way is if he had the full voting power of the shares. Rankine etc are gone in my view - this is Lee's ship now.

Noisy Crossbar
I asked a similar question at the fans meeting. From memory the situation is that the deposit has been paid, heads of terms agreed, but deal cannot conclude due to a different legal matter between Colombine and Johnson. Once that matter is resolved, deal will continue.

And I'm pretty sure the only way Lee could have the power to run the club his way is if he had the full voting power of the shares. Rankine etc are gone in my view - this is Lee's ship now.

We were also told at he meeting (and not for the first time) that the deal would be tied up in a few weeks. Has it been?
I think we should leave David Knox's question for the chairman to answer.

fed up me too
Noisy Crossbar

We were also told at he meeting (and not for the first time) that the deal would be tied up in a few weeks. Has it been?

I don't recall a time limit being put on it......and if it is awaiting a resolution between Johnson and Columbine, any time limit Murray stated could only be what he was told.

I agree that the question should stand ....... but contacting Lee directly is probably the best way to get an answer. It's only weirdos like me that check this forum 5 times a day

Noisy Crossbar
fed up me too
Noisy Crossbar

I don't recall a time limit being put on it......and if it is awaiting a resolution between Johnson and Columbine, any time limit Murray stated could only be what he was told.

I agree that the question should stand ....... but contacting Lee directly is probably the best way to get an answer. It's only weirdos like me that check this forum 5 times a day

The chairman is a big believer in transparency and openness with the fans, which is why he came on here in the first place. I am sure a lot of us would like to know the answer to David's question.

hope gray nasmith gets the sack hes no better than the last manger we had

Lets get this right. David Knox is a 23yr old who lives in Bristol, so rarely comes to watch East Fife, wants the East Fife Chairman to answer questions that he has asked about the ownership of the club.

Can I ask David Knox, what his interest is in this? I have difficulty in believing that an ordinary fan who lives so far away has an innocent interest in who owns the club. Apart from that, what does David Knox contribute to East Fife, if he does not attend games?

To sum up, what gives David Knox the right to ask such a question? Is he wanting to know before he invests in the club himself? If not, why does he think the he has a right to ask questions, or support SPF (its just got to be him), in the post he quoted in his original post. That is the post that stated all the board were arseholes. Nice way to get a response from anybody isn't it?

Now if David Knox, or SPF had significant funds to put into East Fife, but don't want to commit these funds due to ownership issues, then I would understand the question being asked, but on a fans forum is not the way to go about that. Somehow though, I doubt that very much. I think they are probably just ordinary people that somehow think they have a right to ask such questions, which astounds me. After all, how many 'supporters' on here have said they won't be back? Maybe after next week, David Knox might say he will never be back? Remember SPF who says he will never be back. Great, people like SPF who demanded day after day directors to be punted, owners to be punted (how to do that with no money I will never know), managers to be punted and then he himself just walks away from East Fife.

Exactly what is wrong about just supporting East Fife Football Club like normal football club fans? Why is there a need to get involved in the ownership of the club, when you will never be able to own a football club yourself? The club has been around for 111 years, so it must be doing something right!

Me no bothered.
Lets get this right. David Knox is a 23yr old who lives in Bristol, so rarely comes to watch East Fife, wants the East Fife Chairman to answer questions that he has asked about the ownership of the club.

Can I ask David Knox, what his interest is in this? I have difficulty in believing that an ordinary fan who lives so far away has an innocent interest in who owns the club. Apart from that, what does David Knox contribute to East Fife, if he does not attend games?

To sum up, what gives David Knox the right to ask such a question? Is he wanting to know before he invests in the club himself? If not, why does he think the he has a right to ask questions, or support SPF (its just got to be him), in the post he quoted in his original post. That is the post that stated all the board were arseholes. Nice way to get a response from anybody isn't it?

Now if David Knox, or SPF had significant funds to put into East Fife, but don't want to commit these funds due to ownership issues, then I would understand the question being asked, but on a fans forum is not the way to go about that. Somehow though, I doubt that very much. I think they are probably just ordinary people that somehow think they have a right to ask such questions, which astounds me. After all, how many 'supporters' on here have said they won't be back? Maybe after next week, David Knox might say he will never be back? Remember SPF who says he will never be back. Great, people like SPF who demanded day after day directors to be punted, owners to be punted (how to do that with no money I will never know), managers to be punted and then he himself just walks away from East Fife.

Exactly what is wrong about just supporting East Fife Football Club like normal football club fans? Why is there a need to get involved in the ownership of the club, when you will never be able to own a football club yourself? The club has been around for 111 years, so it must be doing something right!
im not disagreeing with you here mate but I spent 9 years in south devon and still took a massive interest in the club.granted not into ownership .every tip I had up here was to coincide with home games

Bizzle
Me no bothered.

im not disagreeing with you here mate but I spent 9 years in south devon and still took a massive interest in the club.granted not into ownership .every tip I had up here was to coincide with home games

And that is great Bizzle, wish there were more like you. I just can't understand what someone, basically off the street, wants to have a say in who owns the club, when they aren't prepared to invest in it themselves. What is it that makes them think they have a right? It's even more ridiculous that a 23yr old guy who doesn't even live in the same country, wants to have answers to his questions from the chairman, as if he has a god given right??

colin H
hope gray nasmith gets the sack hes no better than the last manger we had

It right Colin, he's probably worse

David has asked a reasonable and sensible question about the club. Maybe he is thinking about giving through squareknot and wants to know who he is giving the money to. Or maybe he is just like hundreds of thousands of other football fans in Britain who are interested in who owns the club they support. Look at Hearts, Raith Rovers, Kilmarnock, Dundee, Rangers, Dunfermline. They all know, or want to know. So they should, because if it had not been for the fans' interest in ownership, some of these clubs would not have been saved.
There was plenty of talk in public about the East Fife takeover last year, and announcements to fans. Why do some people want to close down any questioning of this now? Is there something to hide? I don't think there is, so what's it all about? Or am I wrong?
What annoys me about what is happening here is that we have someone in Bristol who supports East Fife who is being told he is worthless to the club because he doesn't (can't) go to games and therefore has no right to respond to the chairman's open plea to fans on this forum. A warm welcome from Fife.

Me no bothered.
Bizzle
Me no bothered.

And that is great Bizzle, wish there were more like you. I just can't understand what someone, basically off the street, wants to have a say in who owns the club, when they aren't prepared to invest in it themselves. What is it that makes them think they have a right? It's even more ridiculous that a 23yr old guy who doesn't even live in the same country, wants to have answers to his questions from the chairman, as if he has a god given right??

Your posts are extremely arrogant and patronising.

What exactly are you objecting to? Is it the fact that he has asked a perfectly legitimate question about ownership of the club, a question to which most supporters want an answer to frankly? You are questioning his methods of asking about it on this forum but you know this is what social media is all about, two way communication the expression of opinions. You might not be bothered about who owns East Fife. You might not care for the way the question has been asked but plenty of us don't care how the question gets asked we just want to know what the situation is. This is 2014, not 1974, people are more inquisitive, demand more transparency. Football clubs cannot duck these sorts of questions in the way they used to.

Or is your problem more fundamental? Because it seems to me your real issues are the fact that David is 23 years old (how dare he have the nerve to ask questions, the young whippersnapper!) and that he lives in England (a foreign country apparently). I don't care where East Fife supporters live, supporting a club like this stays with you whereevr you are. David's family come from Cupar (basically off the street, like all of us) he has East Fife at heart and that should be good enough for anyone.

Me no bothered.

Good God, what an arrogant snob you are!

Terracing Now!
Me no bothered.
Bizzle
Me no bothered.

Your posts are extremely arrogant and patronising.

What exactly are you objecting to? Is it the fact that he has asked a perfectly legitimate question about ownership of the club, a question to which most supporters want an answer to frankly? You are questioning his methods of asking about it on this forum but you know this is what social media is all about, two way communication the expression of opinions. You might not be bothered about who owns East Fife. You might not care for the way the question has been asked but plenty of us don't care how the question gets asked we just want to know what the situation is. This is 2014, not 1974, people are more inquisitive, demand more transparency. Football clubs cannot duck these sorts of questions in the way they used to.

Or is your problem more fundamental? Because it seems to me your real issues are the fact that David is 23 years old (how dare he have the nerve to ask questions, the young whippersnapper!) and that he lives in England (a foreign country apparently). I don't care where East Fife supporters live, supporting a club like this stays with you whereevr you are. David's family come from Cupar (basically off the street, like all of us) he has East Fife at heart and that should be good enough for anyone.

Like I said, David could make a statement after Saturday, that he is finished with East Fife and simply forget about them. The owners and those that have invested in the club will be the ones who are affected most if East Fife were to fold, as their money is at stake.

David chose to highlight his age, not me. He also said he attends very few games. He never said he wanted to invest in the club. His comment was also in relation and support of someone who called all the directors arseholes. He also said he wears an East Fife top, so what? How many Barcelona, Rangers and Celtic tops do you see people wearing in various places miles away from Glasgow? Does that give them the right to ask the Barcelona, Rangers and Celtic chairmen questions about who owns what in those clubs? No, it doesn't and the sooner you guys realise that, the better.

Also, like I said, the club has survived 111 years so must be doing something right and that was without David Knox, or you Terracing Now, being around. Amazing that can happen without either of you, isn't it?

Out of interest, what are you planning to do should any of your questions asked of the chairman are answered?

Its MY club always has been and always will be, I don't give a shit what is wrote on a bit paper, who owns what etc. This club belongs to anyone who are like me... and they bleed black and gold ;-)

Lee signing our better younger guys on 2 year deals is what I have wanted for years. The effort you have put into this club this season total amazing btw. Stick in pal we are not all pricks.

Jim Moffat Jr
we are not all pricks.

That needs to go on a banner for Saturday - or even better, a plane.

:-)

Personally I don't really care who owns East Fife. What I don't understand is why is someone being shot down for asking a perfectly legitimate question? A question that has still not been answered may I add. It would appear that Lee Murray is avoiding the question so clearly everything is not as it seems. But hey, why should we get to ask important questions? Moron....

Lee is so approachable, I have contacted him myself and received a prompt reply on a trivial issue. Now if I wanted to do the same again I would email him from my personal email account or send him a Private message on twitter.
Or even better ask him at the next Q&A pretty simple likes

The guy deserves better than to be sounded out on this type of forum

So numerous individuals should email him or send him a private PM asking the same or similar question when he could quite easily answer DK`s question on here,an answer I`m sure many East Fife supporters would be interested to hear

DPH
Personally I don't really care who owns East Fife. What I don't understand is why is someone being shot down for asking a perfectly legitimate question? A question that has still not been answered may I add. It would appear that Lee Murray is avoiding the question so clearly everything is not as it seems. But hey, why should we get to ask important questions? Moron....

Hey, why do we need to ask them on a forum, why not ask Lee Murray directly through the club?

Let's see, David Knox who has quoted Wake Up (who has called all the directors arseholes), yet you feel it is perfectly legitimate for him (or her), to expect answers to his questions from the chairman? What would you say to someone who supports someone who has called you an arsehole, then expects you to answer any questions he puts to you? What would your reaction be Mr (or Mrs) DPH, the one who calls people morons and doesn't care about who owns the club, yet is 'innocently' pushing for 'legitimate' questions to be answered?

David Knox quoted the chairman's post, then Wake Up's post which never actually asked about ownership. The question from Wake Up was about progress off the field. It was David Knox who really asked for answers about ownership without actually being specific about what he was asking, so why is he quoting and obviously supporting the likes of Wake Up (the arseholes guy)? Where about in Bristol does David Knox stay? Who IS David Knox? Why should someone from down there be remotely interested in the workings of the club? Is it not more normal for someone in his circumstances to just want to see East Fife do well, like any other normal fan from afar? I meet guys through work from down sowf who follow East Fife's results, but they are not remotely interested in how the club is run, so why is David Knox so interested all of a sudden? Oh, I forgot, he wears a top so has the right to ask!

By the way, where is David Knox since he last posted? Has he decided East Fife are not for him already?

Supporters Club Member
Lee is so approachable, I have contacted him myself and received a prompt reply on a trivial issue. Now if I wanted to do the same again I would email him from my personal email account or send him a Private message on twitter.

Eh??? Lee deserves better than being sounded out on this type of forum??? Have a look at the first person who posted on this thread, in a public appeal for support. Lee.
There is no disrespect or hounding of Lee here, other than by the odd idiot who is in the minority. All there is here is a reasonable question, put politely, about a matter Lee has been happy to talk about in public before.

get a grip
Supporters Club Member

Eh??? Lee deserves better than being sounded out on this type of forum??? Have a look at the first person who posted on this thread, in a public appeal for support. Lee.
There is no disrespect or hounding of Lee here, other than by the odd idiot who is in the minority. All there is here is a reasonable question, put politely, about a matter Lee has been happy to talk about in public before.

So if no answer is forthcoming on here to whatever question is actually being asked, why not try the centuries old direct, one to one route, to contact Lee? You can do it yourself GAG if you are so interested, then post the answer on here. But then, that would mean identifying yourself though, wouldn't it?

A simple question has been asked by someone who gave their full name and where they live. No need to start making an issue over revealing identities.

I'm afraid there is no proof of anybody's identity on this forum. How do you know it isn't a lino who made the post, or someone who has a vested interest and is trying to eke out info from the chairman to use against him? What is wrong with an email direct to the chairman, if you are not worried about revealing your identity?

What is the simple question you want answered anyway?

Me no bothered.
I'm afraid there is no proof of anybody's identity on this forum. How do you know it isn't a lino who made the post, or someone who has a vested interest and is trying to eke out info from the chairman to use against him? What is wrong with an email direct to the chairman, if you are not worried about revealing your identity?

For someone who is not bothered ur taking a fair bit o interest in this thread. Is it too much to ask for the supporters to know who owns the club they are giving money too? If Lee is a puppet on a string like Sid Columbine then so be it but it's a simple question that's not being answered that makes you wonder.
Anyway, here's hoping we can win on Sat and the Pars can help us secure a consecutive place in the relegation play offs. Mon the Fife.

DPH
Me no bothered.

For someone who is not bothered ur taking a fair bit o interest in this thread. Is it too much to ask for the supporters to know who owns the club they are giving money too? If Lee is a puppet on a string like Sid Columbine then so be it but it's a simple question that's not being answered that makes you wonder.
Anyway, here's hoping we can win on Sat and the Pars can help us secure a consecutive place in the relegation play offs. Mon the Fife.

I'm no bothered about who owns the club, is what is meant by the username. Why should I be bothered at this present time? The club is striving to improve and although it is not working on the park, I think that the intent is there for the club to progress. I think that is what Lee Murray is looking to do in his chairmanship and would guess that it is personal pride in achieving that, which is his motivation. I don't get this fan has a right to know this and that. For goodness sake, would they expect that of the companies they work for, which is of more concern to them with regard to their livelihoods, than a football club, yet they target the football club! I just don't get it. Are any of them politically motivated enough to target politicians directly, which again should be of more concern to them? The answer is almost certainly no. East Fife is a company owned by several shareholders, most of whom are committed supporters, so why would they let the club slowly die? They are putting much more money into the club than someone who pays £13 to spectate IF they feel like going that week.

David Knox has asked a simlple question. He did 't ask you, but you keep responding and demeaning him. Now you have said your bit. Some will agree with you, some will not. Enough please. It is up to the chairman if he wants to answer or not.

Me no bothered.
DPH
Me no bothered.

I'm no bothered about who owns the club, is what is meant by the username. Why should I be bothered at this present time? The club is striving to improve and although it is not working on the park, I think that the intent is there for the club to progress. I think that is what Lee Murray is looking to do in his chairmanship and would guess that it is personal pride in achieving that, which is his motivation. I don't get this fan has a right to know this and that. For goodness sake, would they expect that of the companies they work for, which is of more concern to them with regard to their livelihoods, than a football club, yet they target the football club! I just don't get it. Are any of them politically motivated enough to target politicians directly, which again should be of more concern to them? The answer is almost certainly no. East Fife is a company owned by several shareholders, most of whom are committed supporters, so why would they let the club slowly die? They are putting much more money into the club than someone who pays £13 to spectate IF they feel like going that week.

So you wouldn't ask questions or be interested in who runs or owns the company or organisation you work for? Well I reckon you would be in the minority. Sounds like you are in the don't ask, don't tell camp with everything it would appear.

Trust the management to look after your interests would you? Naive.

Me no bothered.
get a grip
Supporters Club Member

So if no answer is forthcoming on here to whatever question is actually being asked, why not try the centuries old direct, one to one route, to contact Lee? You can do it yourself GAG if you are so interested, then post the answer on here. But then, that would mean identifying yourself though, wouldn't it?

I'm not trying to ruffle any feathers. I don't know who you are and I've nothing to hide having told you who I am. I'm not interested in who you are and I'm sure i am irrelevant to you. I have to admit, I am irrelevant. I'm just a mere fan and not as big a fan as most on here. I said before the post I quoted was insulting and out of order. I probably should not have quoted it. The reason I quoted it were the points he made about ownership which I think are, valid, simple and easy to understand.

The reason I haven't contacted Mr Murray directly as he's talked publicly about the transfer of ownership in the past. I didn't think it was the taboo subject it now appears to be as he's been happy to cover the ground in the past. If he hadn't previously, I wouldn't have even brought it up. He himself feels that the transfer of ownership is in the fans interests or he would not have reassured the fans previously on the subject.

Once again, I think Mr Murray is a genuine guy and 100% the man to take us forward. Just as a follow up to what he said before. Can I ask Mr Murray very simply whether he now owns East Fife as he said he would do some time ago and if not, when the ownership change will go through as he sees it? It is only about setting the record straight and getting everyone on side moving forward.

I think the fans will only appreciate a reply from you Mr Murray and not the other guys on the thread. I'd happily copy and paste this and email this to you if that's what you'd prefer. I must say I have no idea why you would not answer these questions on here briefly.

Dave

Terracing Now!
Me no bothered.
DPH
Me no bothered.

So you wouldn't ask questions or be interested in who runs or owns the company or organisation you work for? Well I reckon you would be in the minority. Sounds like you are in the don't ask, don't tell camp with everything it would appear.

I think you jest TN. In my case, I don't think a multi-national company like Shell would take any notice of me if I wrote to them and asked who actually owns the company, do you? If you worked for me and started asking me about my company ownership, then you wouldn't be working for me much longer. I think you need to seriously come into the real world instead of fantasising about your own importance. Do you actually have a job? In fact, have you ever had a job? If so, who owned the companies? How many shares were owned by who in these companies? I take it you must have asked?

Me no bothered.
Terracing Now!
Me no bothered.
DPH
Me no bothered.

I think you jest TN. In my case, I don't think a multi-national company like Shell would take any notice of me if I wrote to them and asked who actually owns the company, do you? If you worked for me and started asking me about my company ownership, then you wouldn't be working for me much longer. I think you need to seriously come into the real world instead of fantasising about your own importance. Do you actually have a job? In fact, have you ever had a job? If so, who owned the companies? How many shares were owned by who in these companies? I take it you must have asked?

Do I have a job? Give it a rest.

I'm certainly glad I don't work for you mind if you took the hump simply because one of your employees started asking a few questions. And if I did go for an interview for a job and you were the boss or owner that is exactly a question I would be asking. Company structure, governance and so on. Depends what level the job is though. Perhaps at your grade that is never a question you've had to worry about. But it sounds like employee engagement and staff input would not be one of your organisations strengths though. Just as well you work for a big, faceless, multi-national eh? They must love employees that don't give a shit like you.

And you can Google Royal Dutch Shell and find out who owns it very easily(not that you're interested though) as it's all in the public domain.

Have a look and feel a bit more empowered. It's a good feeling.

Haha telt

Terracing Now!
Me no bothered.
Terracing Now!
Me no bothered.
DPH
Me no bothered.

Do I have a job? Give it a rest.

I'm certainly glad I don't work for you mind if you took the hump simply because one of your employees started asking a few questions. And if I did go for an interview for a job and you were the boss or owner that is exactly a question I would be asking. Company structure, governance and so on. Depends what level the job is though. Perhaps at your grade that is never a question you've had to worry about. But it sounds like employee engagement and staff input would not be one of your organisations strengths though. Just as well you work for a big, faceless, multi-national eh? They must love employees that don't give a shit like you.

And you can Google Royal Dutch Shell and find out who owns it very easily(not that you're interested though) as it's all in the public domain.

Have a look and feel a bit more empowered. It's a good feeling.

I'm afraid your words are hollow TN. What company do you work for, or is that too sensitive a question to ask you? Who owns that company and are the largest shareholders. You are obviously well up on that information and they have nothing to hide as a company. What is wrong with me asking that simple question??

David Knox
Me no bothered.
get a grip
Supporters Club Member

I'm not trying to ruffle any feathers. I don't know who you are and I've nothing to hide having told you who I am. I'm not interested in who you are and I'm sure i am irrelevant to you. I have to admit, I am irrelevant. I'm just a mere fan and not as big a fan as most on here. I said before the post I quoted was insulting and out of order. I probably should not have quoted it. The reason I quoted it were the points he made about ownership which I think are, valid, simple and easy to understand.

The reason I haven't contacted Mr Murray directly as he's talked publicly about the transfer of ownership in the past. I didn't think it was the taboo subject it now appears to be as he's been happy to cover the ground in the past. If he hadn't previously, I wouldn't have even brought it up. He himself feels that the transfer of ownership is in the fans interests or he would not have reassured the fans previously on the subject.

Once again, I think Mr Murray is a genuine guy and 100% the man to take us forward. Just as a follow up to what he said before. Can I ask Mr Murray very simply whether he now owns East Fife as he said he would do some time ago and if not, when the ownership change will go through as he sees it? It is only about setting the record straight and getting everyone on side moving forward.

I think the fans will only appreciate a reply from you Mr Murray and not the other guys on the thread. I'd happily copy and paste this and email this to you if that's what you'd prefer. I must say I have no idea why you would not answer these questions on here briefly.

Dave

David, why are you asking Lee Murray on AFTN if he would rather have an email? This beggars belief, jist bloody email him and be done with it, his email is on his post! I can't believe any sane person would persevere like this, as just someone who likes East Fife, on an open forum. You are obviously hell bent on getting some kind of response on AFTN. What is your agenda (pardon the pun) mate? Why don't you leave your email on AFTN for Lee to contact you on, if you can't find the will to email him without the whole of the AFTN fraternity having to know?

me no bothered ? are you kidding ? You seem to have a problem with this website AFTN ? Why don't you just stay away ? something to hide I think ?

mr305
me no bothered ? are you kidding ? You seem to have a problem with this website AFTN ? Why don't you just stay away ? something to hide I think ?

No problem with AFTN, just the stupid demands by some people who use it. What can I possibly have to hide - explain? Use your imagination.

I take it under 12`s will not be allowed in for free with paying adult tomorrow?????????

Me no bothered.
David Knox
Me no bothered.
get a grip
Supporters Club Member

Dave

David, why are you asking Lee Murray on AFTN if he would rather have an email? This beggars belief, jist bloody email him and be done with it, his email is on his post! I can't believe any sane person would persevere like this, as just someone who likes East Fife, on an open forum. You are obviously hell bent on getting some kind of response on AFTN. What is your agenda (pardon the pun) mate? Why don't you leave your email on AFTN for Lee to contact you on, if you can't find the will to email him without the whole of the AFTN fraternity having to know?

Lee started this thread here on AFTN . That's why questions are being asked ? go figure

mr305

Lee started this thread here on AFTN . That's why questions are being asked ? go figure

Check his post then mate -

Your club needs you!

Guys I am as gutted as all of you must have been yesterday. I've still not talked to anyone I'm that pissed off I told you 8th was what I wanted and I have not delivered so sorry. But we are not dead yet and we have one massive home game to go. We need everybody to get to the game next week to create the best atmosphere ever at Bayview, I know it's been a pish season can't hide from that mistakes have been made, especially at the start. But we are getting it right behind the scenes. I know this doesn't make results lately any better but Gary & I have been working non stop on every little thing to make us more professional and I don't believe by the time next season starts there will be a more professional part time team in the country! But all that work will be forgotten if our players right now can't get us over the line. So I need you guys to get everybody you know to the ground next week to make Bayview the feared ground we all want it to be! WE CAN BEAT BRECHIN and with your help & support we will get the right result.

Can I just say the support you guys have gave the club this season has been nothing short of amazing considering what we have been giving you back, we had the 3rd biggest away support at Airdire yesterday and although they beat us Airdrie and most of the other clubs want EF in L1, but we have got to do it for ourselves.

I will see this job through no matter what league we are in and I will strive night and day to make sure YOUR club is in the best shape it has ever been, thanks so much for all the support you have given me this season. Next week is our cup final so let's get behind the lads for this one, I know I will be rallying all my friends to get to the game please do the same and let's create some real noise and passion. Lee

Now, where is there any reference to ownership of the club? Lee is obviously here for the long haul and is asking for our support, but what do the usual numpties on this site do? Go figure yersel pal!

Dont know why Lees been drawn over the coals on this thread.For the first time in ages we have a local chairman who is open to any questions you may pose.If anyone has any problems then man up and ask him face to face,I did when I was disappointed with what happened at the first Rangers game.Not only was Lee upfront and honest but I felt he took onboard what I said and there was a vast improvement for the second game. My comments to him likely had fuck all to do with the improvements but at least the guy took time out to listen to me and his assurances did happen.When was the last time we had a chairman that you could actually talk to ....not in my lifetime,Lee has said he has made mistakes and has learned from them so come on guys get off his back and give him a chance.

Lee Murray is unquestionably the man for the long haul.....as is the manager. No more knee jerk reactions.. it has got us less than nowhere

Bruce Mitchell
Lee Murray is unquestionably the man for the long haul.....as is the manager. No more knee jerk reactions.. it has got us less than nowhere

Less than nowhere was a better place than the Third Division. Lee and Gary are good guys but if this season ends in relegation, try to accept that this is not what normal people consider to be successful, encouraging or credible.

Not convinced Naysmith has what it takes to be honest.
Why the fuck does he choose to stand pitchside when he should be on the fucking thing? He has to be a better option than the garbage he puts out.
Is it because wearing a nice pressed suit makes him seem important?
This/his team are fucking shite. Spineless, clueless Cowards the lot of them!

Fuck this i`m away to get pissed!

Fuck it.

Mr Angry
Not convinced Naysmith has what it takes to be honest.
Why the fuck does he choose to stand pitchside when he should be on the fucking thing? He has to be a better option than the garbage he puts out.
Is it because wearing a nice pressed suit makes him seem important?
This/his team are fucking shite. Spineless, clueless Cowards the lot of them!

Fuck this i`m away to get pissed!

Fuck it.

And you are Mr Perfect, salt of the Earth. The kind of supporter all clubs need. For goodness sake, I'm away to have a cuppa tea.

Gray Naismith out u are getting the sack in the morring and lee murey I don't like at all

Colin h
Gray Naismith out u are getting the sack in the morring and lee murey I don't like at all

Colin H for manager.

Mind wear a nice suit Colin and stand on touchline looking lost.

nardini
Colin h

Colin H for manager.

Mind wear a nice suit Colin and stand on touchline looking lost.

That sounds a job for me!!

Where was the motivation, leadership and guidance from the sidelines today? The 3 of them just stood with their arms folded for most of the game! Willing to stick with Gary but his tactics and motivation skills are questionable at the moment.

Agree DLA,he is now in a postion that,no matter what division were in next season,he has to get it right.He has to rethink,surely,his no2.I know he inherited these players,but to me,we have not improved one bit.Losing Brown ,Fisher and to a lesser degree,Barr have not helped things,but Brechin had only 12 fit players available yesterday,yet they deserved there win.The players huffed and puffed yesterday,however Thoms header in the first half and Pats goal,were really our only efferts on goal,in a game we had to win.Were still pulling every player back for corners yet ,once again we lose a goal from one.Were just not good enough for this division.Simple as that.

We have won two points at home in the last three months. Keep the faith!

If he stays he has to rethink his backroom. Hegarty needs to go couldn't care if he is working for nothing. The reason behind that is no other club would employ him. What does Anderson do? He just leans against the fence for 90mins.

Agree he inherited a poor squad. But his signings haven't been any better. You could argue that O'Neil, Cowan and Inkango are worse than what we already had. To be honest Fisher is turning into a folklore player too, as he has only ever had one good 45 mins during his initial loan. He has pretty much flattered to deceive since then. Hughes has been mince since his return, he barely gets above a jog and is knackered after 30-40mins. He can maybe pass a ball but the rest of his game is questionable.

I think we have signed 5 of this current squad for next season. Out them I wouldn't have bothered with Smith and possibly Rutkiewicz. They could prove me wrong in league 2 right enough.

Gary has been on a hiding to nothing,I hope he is still here next season,he deserves to have the chance to prove he can do a great job for the Fife, I saw Lee and Gary after the game and they were both gutted,it does not matter now what league we are going to be in they will get my support next season.

zak
Gary has been on a hiding to nothing,I hope he is still here next season,he deserves to have the chance to prove he can do a great job for the Fife, I saw Lee and Gary after the game and they were both gutted,it does not matter now what league we are going to be in they will get my support next season.

And mine

And mine

as above

Very very positive about next season.

Bruce Mitchell

Care to explain your optimism? Not being funny just interested.

Bruce Mitchell

I'm not.
More of the same old pish but at least we'll have a new fucking shop eh.

Mr Angry
Bruce Mitchell

I'm not.
More of the same old pish but at least we'll have a new fucking shop eh.

I am.
(I thought it was a football related shop actually, not a brothel type shop)??

I have bought my season ticket andI will be supporting EF next season irrespective of what league we are in. I am also positive about next season partly because if you are not optimistic you become a Mr Angry - what joy that must be.