Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Change of Directors at Bayview

Change of Directors at Bayview
23 April 2014

Lee Murray, Chairman, has announced a change in Directors. Mr Brian McNeill has resigned from the Board from Tuesday, 22nd April 2014. The Club would like to thank Brian for his past services and wishes him well for the future.

At the same time Mr John Donaldson, former Director and Safety Officer, has rejoined the Board and will take up his duties as soon as possible. We would like to welcome and congratulate John on his return to the Club.

Re: Change of Directors at Bayview

Who is John Donaldson?

scot
Who is John Donaldson?

Eh - former Director and Safety Officer

An extremely strange set of circumstances, especially considering it was Brian that spearheaded the takeover last summer (if I'm not mistaken).

Big Fifer
An extremely strange set of circumstances, especially considering it was Brian that spearheaded the takeover last summer (if I'm not mistaken).

Not really - I think this was on the cards all along. At the July/August supporters meeting we had Brian talking up the youths and the foreign signings while Lee was saying 8th place finish and smaller playing budget that the season before. Seemed to be on a different page from the off.

Brian's contribution since joining the board: signing's that didn't happen, duff signings that did happen and a dodgy manager and assistant appointment. Talk is cheap.

I hope someone has discussed this with David Knox.That poor guy has really been put through the wringer of late,then suddenly this happens.

Well
I hope someone has discussed this with David Knox.That poor guy has really been put through the wringer of late,then suddenly this happens.
Well done some much needed humour after some of the malicious rubbish that is far too prevalent on AFTN.

Yes, let's take the piss out of the outsider we don't know, the person who has had the damn cheek to ask the simple question that so many of us either want to shout down or run away from. What an idiot that David Knox is. Brass-necked English half wit. Yet another of those supporters who we just do not need. We have had 111 outstanding years of success until that shop front came along.

fed up me too
Yes, let's take the piss out of the outsider we don't know, the person who has had the damn cheek to ask the simple question that so many of us either want to shout down or run away from. What an idiot that David Knox is. Brass-necked English half wit. Yet another of those supporters who we just do not need. We have had 111 outstanding years of success until that shop front came along.

We don't know you either strangely enough and funnily enough, it is only me who knows me!

I'll take a stab and say that David Knox is David Knox though, or is he ...mmmm??

Who is John Donaldson?

He is the old codger with the flat cap when the reserves are playing???????

Did McNeils wife do the resigning for him?

Noisy Crossbar
Big Fifer

Not really - I think this was on the cards all along. At the July/August supporters meeting we had Brian talking up the youths and the foreign signings while Lee was saying 8th place finish and smaller playing budget that the season before. Seemed to be on a different page from the off.

Brian's contribution since joining the board: signing's that didn't happen, duff signings that did happen and a dodgy manager and assistant appointment. Talk is cheap.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining. Just as far as I'm aware Lee was brought on board by Brian, not the other way about. Strange for him to abandon ship after season 1, but you're right in what you say, he did say a lot of things at the start of last season that certainly haven't come to fruition.

Cant disagree that McNeil seemed to make a lot of mistakes although it has to be said that if it wasn't for him we would never have had a takeover and there would have been no Lee Murray. Murray was brought in by McNeil after all.

I'm not sure Murray was brought in by McNeil....... I think McNeil's plans required funding ...and Murray's money made Murray the senior partner.

I don't se McNeil going as a loss. However, stability at all levels is important now regardless of where the first team play next season. I hope everyone gets behind the team on Saturday and beyond.
Next season has to be better. I think it will be if Gary gets a decent budget to refresh the squad.

Tamsun
I don't se McNeil going as a loss. However, stability at all levels is important now regardless of where the first team play next season. I hope everyone gets behind the team on Saturday and beyond.
Next season has to be better. I think it will be if Gary gets a decent budget to refresh the squad.

I 100% agree with this. I personally don't see the loss of McNeil going as a big loss to the team as long as we have stability on and off the field is important to east fife, I wish McNeil well as he has served east fife as a physio to director of the club. But sticking with Gary next season whatever leauge we are in we hope to see an improvement and an naysmith team with success hopefully he can bring in the quality players to play under him though to add to those that have signed, next season can't get any bad.
Hopefully if we do make the play offs for the second time we will have learn our lesson and we do need to get everyone behind the team. I agree Tamsun