Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
todays ref!!

Not entirely filled with as much confidence as i was earlier after seeing who is the ref for todays game!!! IAN BRINES!!

Re: todays ref!!

....and he lives up to his reputation by giving a goal from 20 yards away that a (gutless) Lino looking across the line doesn't give!!!!!

Think he said to players that the linesman gave it. From where I was sitting I couldn't tell. But it was poor defending and goalkeeping regardless.
Maybe 2 dodgy goals for Brechin. Pat Clarke scoring is even stranger. He had a pitiful effort about 2 minutes before.

It's been the story since the billy brown era poor defending and once again it's shown week in, week out. Ohwell last game of the season next week to see if we're in play-offs or down to start again as a club. Not great

Iv lost count on how many clean sheets we have this season, going to ayr isn't going to be all rosy and we have all seen them score more than 1 at Bayview already. Not looking good

35 games played and 4 clean sheets

Yep 100% it's all the Ref fault been that way all season... Get a grip....

Lol... Ref fault EF got beat again always someone else never the Fife players and coaches at fault. Sorry but it is there fault no one else went on the park and done it for them.

Pat Clarke is one of the worst players ever to wear the black and gold. I hope that's the last time I ever have to watch dross like him playing for my club. Mcbride is gash as well. Says it all when the bar of being a good east fife player these days is set at Campbell or Johnston - these guys can neither pass nor read a game yet they are the mainstays of the team.. My player of the year vote is going to bouzid as he showed more class in 35 minutes than this bunch has shown in 35 games.

The players deserve to be bottom as they are the worst in the league. Typical of the entire season was the inability to outplay overweight, slow, and past it guys like Kenneth. If guys like that are getting the better of you then you are simply not good enough for this level. When the clearout comes, I hope these guys are booted. There MUST be players out there more worthy of wearing the black and gold!

scot
35 games played and 4 clean sheets

That is the worse record to have and still we keep letting in goals right, left and centre, and it will carry on next week too no doubt. The defence isn't any better no commincation and confiendance and the ablity to clear their lines.
This week has sunk to an time low, I just hope airdrie beat arbroath do us a favour it's gonna be tough travelling to ayr and picking up a win and we all know what ayr are able to do and how many Michael Moffat will put past us up there.
I just hope summer comes and a new team with new players coming in able to see out next season and able to do the job for east fife and bring the success back like the days when Dave Baikie was incharge.

Its a fuckin sad state of affairs when we are hoping on the club killers doing us a favour . its obvious half of first team don't want to be here.... well that fine we can go down a league and they can feck off to the juniours if there lucky !! just don't bother us again you useless shower o shit

I've deleted a post from this thread as it contained what appeared to be an unsubstantiated allegation which may have been potentially libelous, and may have caused legal issues for the poster and AFTN. If the poster has an issue with this deletion, please email GoF to discuss.

If I misunderstood what was meant so be it, but can't take the risk. We're all a bit unhappy tonight I guess but let's keep the heid.

whats the email incase it was something i wrote

Noisy Crossbar
Pat Clarke is one of the worst players ever to wear the black and gold. I hope that's the last time I ever have to watch dross like him playing for my club. Mcbride is gash as well. Says it all when the bar of being a good east fife player these days is set at Campbell or Johnston - these guys can neither pass nor read a game yet they are the mainstays of the team.. My player of the year vote is going to bouzid as he showed more class in 35 minutes than this bunch has shown in 35 games.

The players deserve to be bottom as they are the worst in the league. Typical of the entire season was the inability to outplay overweight, slow, and past it guys like Kenneth. If guys like that are getting the better of you then you are simply not good enough for this level. When the clearout comes, I hope these guys are booted. There MUST be players out there more worthy of wearing the black and gold!

BEST post this month.
Well said NC.

scot
whats the email incase it was something i wrote

Hi, scot - it wasn't anything you wrote. The email address is aftn@hotmail.co.uk though should you ever need it.

Was it what I posted about the Rangers board being put in charge of Scotland's finances if we vote for independence ?
If it was I apologise unreservedly. I had a few drinks last night and meant to type Fred Goodwin and Vladimir Romanov who are far better qualified.

I had a few drinks last night too,never again!!!!Woke up this morning and thought I had seen Pat Clarke scoring a goal yesterday.What a state I must have been in.

Gogs Bennet
I had a few drinks last night too,never again!!!!Woke up this morning and thought I had seen Pat Clarke scoring a goal yesterday.What a state I must have been in.

Left the ground before final whistle and missed it. Missed Haileys comet last time too! Think i'll be a long time gone when either come round again.

Spirit of the Mound
Gogs Bennet

Left the ground before final whistle and missed it. Missed Haileys comet last time too! Think i'll be a long time gone when either come round again.

All hope isn't lost - I believe Halley's Comet's due to come back round in 2061.

Ken Halley, legend.

Even got a celestial body named after him.

Re earlier post.

I would have Stevie Campbell in my team any day. Have you taken note of how many headers he gets in to clear his lines. A lot of his work goes unnoticed because of the kind of guy he is.
Yesterday was the pits, possibly worst performance of the season by both players and management. 3 of the back four have had little game time recently although Thom, Campbell and Mbundu were ok but McBride was awful. In midfield we had 2 full backs and a guy who looks knack erred early on, up front we had Fash who showed a lot of inexperience, Buchanan who keeps running into trouble, likewise Smith.
All in all it was very painful to be an East Fife supporter yesterday. All the other teams are fighting like mad where we are giving in with a whimper but incredibly we still have a chance of being in the play offs but will be battle through. Need a big change and has the team got the bottle.
Has anybody else noticed that the manager changes players, shuffles others into different positions but it's the same old garbage and we end up playing the same week in week out.
Was it really any worse under Willie Aitchison??????????????