Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Latest Score - 26/4/2014

Brechin winning 1-0 against us.
Though Dunfermline are winning 1-0 against Arbroath - H/T in both games.
Forfar winning 2-0 against Air at HT hmm.

Let's end this home form, Fife. C'mon!!!

Re: Latest Score - 26/4/2014

C**p arbroath have equalised aww god

2-1 now to Pars, still 1-0 brechin.

2-0 we deserve to go straight down after this horror show.

East Fife have scored, am a dreaming it's Pat Clarke still 2-1 and another home defeat. Well it looks like it's going to go to the final game and ayr away isn't easy

I thought we were bad the last few games, but we sunk to a new low today. Firstly Why was Scott Durie allowed to start, when it was blatantly obvious, for anyone who was watching the warm up, that Scott twisted his ankle or took a knock on his foot, during the warm up. Hegarty and Anderson, seen it and didn't appear to take any notice of it. He would have been better on the bench, and used only in case of injury. Secondly and more worryingly how can two men, Naysmith and Hegarty, with so much experience at the highest level, not organise a team to play with the ball on the deck, and stop the long punts to no one. I have seen some poor teams over the years and todays performance was unfortunately up there. Why were two fullbacks playing in midfield??? if the idea was to give a bit of dig, it never worked. Stevie Campbell looked well out of place as a full back and Bridie was not much better. Stevie's place is in the middle of the defence and no where else.
What was with the big lumps up the park?? which we always seem to do when playing against a "lump" of a centre half, and lump is the only way to describe Kenneth, even although he done the job well. From the beginning Smith was having his weakest game for a few weeks and in my eyes, should either have been put into the middle against Gary Kenneth, or been replaced. Ayr will not be the easiest place to go and get 3 points, so it looks like we will be in the bottom division next season, as I can't see any evidence of us having the want or guts to stay up. I hope I am wrong but I doubt it. Sad days and the worst "footballing" squad for a few years now. We would have maybe been better sticking with the taxi driver, at least we played football IMO

What game were you watching because gary thom was playing full back not stevie Campbell. I have been to 4 east fife games this season and it seems the fans are more interested in slagging the players and coaching staff.Not once today did I here anybody give the team a bit of encouragement.

outsider
What game were you watching because gary thom was playing full back not stevie Campbell. I have been to 4 east fife games this season and it seems the fans are more interested in slagging the players and coaching staff.Not once today did I here anybody give the team a bit of encouragement.

Maybe it's about time the players and coaches served us up something worth praising so there would be no need to slag them?

Maybe it's about time the players and coaches served us up something worth praising so there would be no need to slag them? [/quote]

This. How on earth can anyone expect the fans to praise the players when it is completely bleeding obvious week after week that they're taking the piss and not giving the 100% needed? Only Joe Mbu got pass marks for me this afternoon. The only player on the park who looked like he gave a damn and fully deserved his MOTM award.

Regardless of whether or not we get relegated, I personally cannot wait until this season is over. I genuinely thought after narrowly escaping last season's shambles, it couldn't have gotten worse, surely?! But boy, how wrong was I? (And I'm sure many others thinking the same). This is without any doubt, the worst East Fife squad I have seen in 15 years and that is saying something.

I really do appreciate the work that Lee Murray and the rest of the club has put in this season off-the-pitch, with their "bringing the community together" approach etc. That's all great, but I couldn't give a monkeys about any of that when we have this "team" of sorry individuals who have the cheek to call themselves professional footballers. If any of the players are reading this, prove us wrong then!

Although it's unlikely, this season is by no means over just yet, and it is still possible for us to stay in this division. But for that to happen however, it is going to require a MASSIVE push from the PLAYERS (not just the fans). Again, if any of the players are reading this; we've done our part like we always have done this season, and it's you the PLAYERS who ought to start giving it your all and start pulling your fingers out. It's the least we deserve.

Great post 100% spot on. The players are the only ones who can get themselves out of this mess. If they show fight and spirit then I think genuine fans would support them whatever the results it's the lack of fight and determination that's the worry.

Wasn't there today due to family commitments but got to say this season has been the worst since the Gavin Murray era. It has been painful to watch and I cannot say that I have enjoyed 1 single game this season. Time to take up golf again!

Cannonbaw Bil
I thought we were bad the last few games, but we sunk to a new low today. Firstly Why was Scott Durie allowed to start, when it was blatantly obvious, for anyone who was watching the warm up, that Scott twisted his ankle or took a knock on his foot, during the warm up. Hegarty and Anderson, seen it and didn't appear to take any notice of it. He would have been better on the bench, and used only in case of injury. Secondly and more worryingly how can two men, Naysmith and Hegarty, with so much experience at the highest level, not organise a team to play with the ball on the deck, and stop the long punts to no one. I have seen some poor teams over the years and todays performance was unfortunately up there. Why were two fullbacks playing in midfield??? if the idea was to give a bit of dig, it never worked. Stevie Campbell looked well out of place as a full back and Bridie was not much better. Stevie's place is in the middle of the defence and no where else.
What was with the big lumps up the park?? which we always seem to do when playing against a "lump" of a centre half, and lump is the only way to describe Kenneth, even although he done the job well. From the beginning Smith was having his weakest game for a few weeks and in my eyes, should either have been put into the middle against Gary Kenneth, or been replaced. Ayr will not be the easiest place to go and get 3 points, so it looks like we will be in the bottom division next season, as I can't see any evidence of us having the want or guts to stay up. I hope I am wrong but I doubt it. Sad days and the worst "footballing" squad for a few years now. We would have maybe been better sticking with the taxi driver, at least we played football IMO

Bang on mate. People gave wullie a hard time but I reckon he would have had us in a better position than where we are now. Gary is absolutely hopeless.

end is near
Cannonbaw Bil

Bang on mate. People gave wullie a hard time but I reckon he would have had us in a better position than where we are now. Gary is absolutely hopeless.

Wonder why Wullie resigned?

I believe he was sacked. Mr Murray said himself.

I didn't go either yesterdaŷ,really am thinking what's the point. I just hope a summer of watching the World Cup will have me falling in love with the fitba again.

I just want to say that I'm more disappointed in the vast majority of East Fife supporters this season than any of the players.

Nothing good to say, no encouragement, no singing and no even any witty chants. It's all just appears to be barrages of abuse at players and management in a time when a good atmosphere would really lift the team.

Benitez
I just want to say that I'm more disappointed in the vast majority of East Fife supporters this season than any of the players.

Nothing good to say, no encouragement, no singing and no even any witty chants. It's all just appears to be barrages of abuse at players and management in a time when a good atmosphere would really lift the team.

Silly man.

end is near

Think he resigned for some reason actually, any ideas what led him to do that?

Peter Tong
Benitez

Silly man.

Silly boy.

Benitez

HAHAHA come on that's pish and you know it. I think fans sitting down and not actually telling the players what the really think of them is a positive. Fans can only react to what happens on pitch and the players are lucky that our support has decided to bite its tounge these last few weeks. the majority of them will be playing junior next year anyway so they best get used to playing in front of crowds o 50

Benitez

Mate, heroin and a shot in the space shuttle widnay lift that bunch o wasters.

Keep it going lads and East Fife won't have any players at all, as who in their right mind would want to play for you wonderful supporters?

Player advert -

Come play for East Fife and meet our wonderful supporters. You will be hailed as the best thing since sliced bread if you are lucky, which usually means you haven't played for any of the other Fife clubs.

More likely though, you will be forever remembered by some sections of our support as a waster, piss taker, hopeless, sorry individual and many more insulting names that they can think up.

Play for several different managers in one season. Our wonderful support will also ensure that.

Leave the club thinking - Supporters? What supporters? They were more like a lynch mob baying for another execution!

Look back in later years and wonder what happened to East Fife? Oh aye that's right, naebody wanted to play for them in the end.

Happens at every struggling club mate.

I. Wonder
Keep it going lads and East Fife won't have any players at all, as who in their right mind would want to play for you wonderful supporters?

Player advert -

Come play for East Fife and meet our wonderful supporters. You will be hailed as the best thing since sliced bread if you are lucky, which usually means you haven't played for any of the other Fife clubs.

More likely though, you will be forever remembered by some sections of our support as a waster, piss taker, hopeless, sorry individual and many more insulting names that they can think up.

Play for several different managers in one season. Our wonderful support will also ensure that.

Leave the club thinking - Supporters? What supporters? They were more like a lynch mob baying for another execution!

Look back in later years and wonder what happened to East Fife? Oh aye that's right, naebody wanted to play for them in the end.

Jesus! What do you want the fans to do? Pat them on the back and say well done as they walk off the park after another shambolic display! In my opinion, they are getting off lightly!

?
end is near

Think he resigned for some reason actually, any ideas what led him to do that?[/quote
http://www.heraldscotland.com/mobile/sport/football/lack-of-progress-on-pitch-results-in-aitchison-sacking.22795809

Read this mate

I Wonder - Dreamer or arshole?

Let the panel decide.

I. Wonder

Player advert -

And our incompetence this season and last season was all the fans' fault eh? Excuse me but I do not think the fans are responsible for us scoring less than a goal a game all season or for keeping a pathetic four clean sheets.

Just a thought but about these for a few radical solutions for the players to silence the boo boys - play better, don't be shite, make a fucking effort at least. And if you can't hack it in front of a crowd of 600 then you have no right to playing senior football, though most of them won't have to worry about such vast crowds in the juniors and amateurs next season. Mind you it's amazing that we even get 600 to be honest. You should be praising those who actually turn turn up and their resilience for putting up with total crap year after year.

"i wonder",no having a go here,but every player that East Fife sign,the fans get behind that player 100%.No matter WHO it is.Then its up to the player.Most ov them will move on,and we will forget about them as the years go by.A couple ov the players will be remembered for there dedication to the club and great preformances that they have put in during there time at (old) new Bayview.Others however will be remembered because ,can i say it,fuckin rank rotten pish.Sorry but thats the way it is at every club,not just East fife.