Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
we need the teams help

Dear team

As a fan I need your help. All season my Saturday nights have been ruined by inept performances. As such it has been a little hard to enthuse at matches but still i turn up. I will be in Ayr on Saturday and would like to say I need your help. Another loss today to side that wanted it more. For those players that aren't interested, please turn up next week. We could loose and make the play off so Mon Airdrie and Mon the Fife!
#not good enough

Re: we need the teams help

A fan eh?
Dear team

As a fan I need your help. All season my Saturday nights have been ruined by inept performances. As such it has been a little hard to enthuse at matches but still i turn up. I will be in Ayr on Saturday and would like to say I need your help. Another loss today to side that wanted it more. For those players that aren't interested, please turn up next week. We could loose and make the play off so Mon Airdrie and Mon the Fife!
#not good enough

That a team with nothing to play for wanted it more than us today shows what a disgrace this crop of players are. Or maybe they are just not good enough. Bit of both probably.

Brechin deserved the win today.
We deserve to go down.

THIS IS THE WORST EAST FIFE TEAM I`VE WITNESSED IN FUCKING YEARS.

And the three stooges (Curly,Larry & Mo ) on the touchline dont instil much confidence.

Only been to 3 games this year due to work but got to say the standard of players is close to embarrassing. The signings this year have not really produced any real benefit in terms of performance and I do have to ask myself why is Naysmith not playing. Gary seems a genuine type of lad and is by all accounts working his socks of but no manager in the world could do much with the players we have at the moment. Our goals scored is woeful and is the lowest amount scored at home for over 25 years. There is not 1 forward capable of bursting a wet paper bag never mind the net. It's easy to moan and complain but I know Lee Murray is doing everything he can and no one is hurting more at this time than him. Not sure about the rest of the board but Lee is giving 100% which seems to still not be enough for some people. Turning this around is not easy and in some ways relegation may be what's needed to give us the chance to rebuild with young players. Every season will be a struggle if we keep narrowly missing relegation as getting out of the rut is not easy. We need players that love EF not just players turning up for the cash. Players need to take a hard look at themselves and some of the crap they post on the social media sites sort of shows lack of respect for the club.btalking about eating Macdonalds and having a shit is not really what I would expect from a so called professional sportsman but perhaps that's just me. Playing for EF should be about feeling proud of running on the pitch with the 600 or so fans who work hard to earn their ticket money hoping and praying for a win. I just feel the fans hurt more than the players do. The players should be handing back their salary after some of the abject performances this year. I went to nearly every game between 1974 and 1986 at Bayview and there is not 1 player today would even get in the squad back then. Attitude is everything and unfortunately seems to be missing from today's players.

Let's all get behind EF for the next 3 games. That's all we can do. Players, it's over to you to at least show us you give a toss. I'm not sure if you do. Prove to me and everyone else that you do. Please ....

3. Games

Live in Canada mate. Try my best and follow online every Saturday. Would love to be there more but I keep in touch with what's going on as best I can. Hopefully be there if we
Make the play offs.

Cheers

PS I also have pledged support thru squareknot so I have a vested interest as well. At least I try to do my best like lots of other fans

Mr Angry
Brechin deserved the win today.
We deserve to go down.

THIS IS THE WORST EAST FIFE TEAM I`VE WITNESSED IN FUCKING YEARS.

^^^^^^^^
this is a great post.

Statto please tell us is this the worst run of results in E.F.s history.
Managers a fud,players are fuds,chairmans a fud.

Derek Paton
Live in Canada mate. Try my best and follow online every Saturday. Would love to be there more but I keep in touch with what's going on as best I can. Hopefully be there if we
Make the play offs.

Cheers

PS I also have pledged support thru squareknot so I have a vested interest as well. At least I try to do my best like lots of other fans
credit too you mate even witnessing this hopeless bunch

The only surprising thing is that we're not bottom (yet). How bad does that make Arbroath?