Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
What's the view for Saturday?

My personal opinion is that we will be be relegated on Saturday. I cant see anything other than a comfortable Ayr win. I also think Arbroath will pick up a point against Airdrie which will mean we get relegated on goal difference.

[I REALLY hope I am wrong!]

Whats everyone else's opinion?

Re: What's the view for Saturday?

Stephen
My personal opinion is that we will be be relegated on Saturday cant see anything other than a comfortable Ayr win. I also think Arbroath will pick up a point against Airdrie which will mean we get relegated on goal difference.

[I REALLY hope I am wrong!]

Whats everyone else's opinion?

Home win. Worst East Fife team in donkeys years and deserve relegation.
Utter shambles of a squad.
Very bad time to be a supporter and fear for the future.

Considering our recent performances, I don't think for a minute that we have what it takes to beat Ayr United away from home. I think if we really go for it, the best we can get is a draw.

It won't be enough however, because I reckon Arbroath will beat Airdrie this weekend. It's pretty clear that Arbroath can score plenty of goals and Airdrie have absolutely nothing to play for and would probably rather see us go down than the Smokies. Who can blame them?

Once again, going on Saturday,more in hope than expectation. Absolute disaster of a season and these "players" have had plenty of chances to get East Fife out of this situation but they continue to let us down and let themselves down.

Sick of watching the same garbage week in week out. Nothing has improved at all and if anything it has got worse. How many shots on target did we have last week? 2? 30 goals in 35 games is pathetic.

Past caring! I will be there on Saturday but will be glad to see this season end. If we are in league 1 or league 2 next season,does it really matter? Same pish product on the pitch,no atmosphere at any ground,and a handful of visiting fans come to Bayview as it's a dire stadium and soulless. Won't even bother with a season ticket next year,just fed up of it all really.

Play-offs but only because I reckon Arbroath will lose at Airdrie.

Relegation, which is all you dire supporters deserve.

He's got a point.

maybe we are getting what we deserve.

Fifer
He's got a point.

maybe we are getting what we deserve.

Nothing to do with the fans and everything to do with the players, management and coaching staff.

We deserve to go down because of their incompetence and nothing else.

Do we deserve to go down if we get more points than Arbroath?
Can't see the Smokies fans being so negative ahead of this game. It's been a tough season but some EF fans are frankly behaving like Celtic or Rangers supporters crying like girls at the possibility of getting relegated. I'll be as gutted as the next man if we go down on Saturday but I'll be at Ayr cheering us on as usual.

Linoboy
Relegation, which is all you dire supporters deserve.

One out of ten. Shite routine

Ayr will beat us and Arbroath will get the point they need to send us down. Manager has to learn quickly and get a team together for next season. Be interesting to see what players are being retained for next season. If we avoid the drop 2moro I'll be shocked.

We stay up players all re-sign and we go on to win the trebble next season after the new club shop is opened it becomes such a money spinner that we have the cash to sign Mesi andGareth Bale, oh and Lee Murray gets knighted for services to scottish football, just off to buy a season ticket.

BT
We stay up players all re-sign and we go on to win the trebble next season after the new club shop is opened it becomes such a money spinner that we have the cash to sign Mesi andGareth Bale, oh and Lee Murray gets knighted for services to scottish football, just off to buy a season ticket.

Lol

DPH
Ayr will beat us and Arbroath will get the point they need to send us down. Manager has to learn quickly and get a team together for next season. Be interesting to see what players are being retained for next season. If we avoid the drop 2moro I'll be shocked.

So far:
Kevin Rutkiewicz
Stevie Campbell
Nathan Austin
Kevin Smith
Ross Brown
Lewis Barr
Daryl Falconer
Dylan Rooney

I think we can get into the play-offs by the skin of our teeth though i think this is the worse team in donks, even the team last season when Muir got us leauge one again was better though we or should i say the chairman who was brought into the club at the start of the season had a target to finish above where we are and we have simply underachieved as a football club. I hope airdrie can beat the smokies to finish their season off in style under bollan and i know we havent been great i just hope airdrie do win, cant see us beat an Ayr side that is already in the promotion play-offs and they will be wanting the points than us to send them there but i will be in Ayr to support the side whatever happens tomorrow i just hope its not another 5-0 defeat and how many Michael Moffat will score past Paterson, Cmon Fife

Im another guy saying am glad to see the end of this season, I just hope things are really better next season and Its upto the players tomorrow i suppose now as its the last day of the season.

Charity game tonight at Bayview between coaches of ef pars and Cowdenbeath. Any East F IDE coach scoring a goal will go straight into tomorrow's Line-up at Ayr!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good cause. Any reason raith not involved? ?

eric w
Good cause. Any reason raith not involved? ?

Do you really want to know the answer to that?

I would! Its charity.

Dunfermline won all their games easily but.........typically they had several ringers/ex pros in their team. However I don't think they were as good as they thought they were.

Not going tomorrow because travelling back from Ayr after being relegated is just too much.

BT

Oh do shut up you whinging moron. The club wants to build a club shop and all you do is moan about it. The club doesn't need cunts like you, now do fuck off.

Hoping that the results go our way and that we get a lifeline in the play-offs.

All the best.

Troll Spotter
BT

Oh do shut up you whinging moron. The club wants to build a club shop and all you do is moan about it. The club doesn't need cunts like you, now do fuck off.

Whinging moron? Hardly. I think its called being facetious you thick numpty.

Mon the BT.