Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Our Destiny

it's 3pm as I post this. At 5pm today we be officially relegated. Bottom finish and in the bottom league where we belong.

As for the players, what can I say? Fucking hopeless and thanks for nothing.

Enjoy the juniors. Na, Fuck that. The juniors is too good for you lot.

Player of the year . Joke!

Re: Our Destiny

1-0 Ayr 41 mins.

Fuck!

Airdrieonians 1 - 0 Arbroath

2-0 Ayr

Well done boys. Why change the habit of being absolutely shite now eh?

3-0 Ayr

Enjoy player of the year boys. You did our club proud!

Bawz! What's the Ardrie score?

the worst team in the history of the fife,a disgrace,murray must go a iffing joke you maybe can run taxis but fitbaw youve not got a clue.

Now 4 - 0. Is Ardrie still winning?

SCL1 Airdrieonians 2 - 0 Arbroath Coogans 88:02'

The agony is prolonged or the great escape begins.

Have to feel it's the former but stranger things have happened!

Full Time
Ayr 4 – 1 East Fife
Airdrieonians 2 – 0 Arbroath

We have a chance……

aye no chance.

aye no chance with this shower of muppets.

aye no chance.

We don't deserve it though 😕.

Ten points behind third bottom and we must have the worst goal difference in the UK.

Well at least we are going into the playoffs with a squad of players with plenty heart and who battle when the going gets tough!

Oh wait a minute it's the complete opposite. Can't see how this bunch of heartless players are going win anything. Fans have been let down again. In 2 games time we will be in league 2. Then we can wave goodbye to the majority of this terrible squad. I feel sorry for any clubs who pick up these duds.

Still it's a chance, fear next season no youth, no reserves, small squad, signed some players yes oh and a coach who since coming in has seen Paterson start to make mistakes coincidence prob not, IMO read his twitter and he doesn't think Craig Gordon was any good.. May be I missed something. Trialling junior players doesn't bode well for the future. Hopefully I'm wrong but I don't think so.

East Fife weren't actually that bad today, could of went 1-0 up when we hit the bar. We had plenty of possession and shots on target.

Going down,going down,going down,you are the wee team in Fife.We now have the potential of having three teams in the championship next season,where are you going to be.

Wasting money on a shop instead of on youth development, shambles. Look at Dunfermline today with Williamson, Martin, graham, and spence all youth players 17/18. Youth is needed, not a shop that no one buys from. No youth squad no future.

When to watch east fife u19's a few times and defence looked solid with the Woolley, the 2 older boys and the young right back. Now think all been released apart from Woolley. What a waste. A solid defence is what we need

raithfan
Going down,going down,going down,you are the wee team in Fife.We now have the potential of having three teams in the championship next season,where are you going to be.
three teams, how do u work that out u dumbass

Only a chance
Still it's a chance, fear next season no youth, no reserves, small squad, signed some players yes oh and a coach who since coming in has seen Paterson start to make mistakes coincidence prob not, IMO read his twitter and he doesn't think Craig Gordon was any good.. May be I missed something. Trialling junior players doesn't bode well for the future. Hopefully I'm wrong but I don't think so.

Out of interest, who are the junior players on trial?

raithfan

That is impossible. The potential for 3 Fife teams to be in the same league exists but only for League 1.

By all means continue to make a tit of yourself by posting on this forum saddo but at least try and get some basic facts right

Edinburgh EFFC

Ten points behind third bottom and we must have the worst goal difference in the UK.

I think Morton pipped you by 1 for the honour of the worst goal difference in the UK.Although I admit I haven't looked at every league in Northern Ireland or Wales.

Egon
it's 3pm as I post this. At 5pm today we be officially relegated. Bottom finish and in the bottom league where we belong.

Went kinda quiet Egon since the news came in that we did NOT get relegated at 5pm on Saturday. Don't take up clairvoyancey for your next job mate.

Rab if you can't read get someone to do it for you the clue was in potential.Is there a light shining now oh well never mind just go and play with your toys,cindy,action man,sooty,and all.

Same old patter....
Egon

Went kinda quiet Egon since the news came in that we did NOT get relegated at 5pm on Saturday. Don't take up clairvoyancey for your next job mate.

Simply delaying the inevitable by a mere week my deluded friend.
Only one direction this club is heading and that is down.

Egon
Same old patter....
Egon

Aw right? You'll be putting a really big stake on a stonewaller bet on East Fife going down then, I suppose? How much did you lose last Saturday out of interest, on the last stonewaller you predicted?

Egon
Same old patter....
Egon

try getting behind the club instead of against them!! yeah team is shit if we survive we can rebuild in the better league

Same old patter....
Egon
Same old patter....
Egon

Aw right? You'll be putting a really big stake on a stonewaller bet on East Fife going down then, I suppose? How much did you lose last Saturday out of interest, on the last stonewaller you predicted?

Where did it say I put a bet on?
One minute you're saying I'm a clairvoyant now I'm a gambler?

2nd division here we come unfortunately but hey, we'll have a cracking new shop for our trouble.

If you can't see what's fucked up about that then god help you.

Bizzle
Egon
Same old patter....
Egon

try getting behind the club instead of against them!! yeah team is shit if we survive we can rebuild in the better league

Bizzle, come back when your voice breaks eh. I'm 100% East Fife. Just don't think the club feel the same way about the suffering supporters. Not unless you think a shop outweighs a decent team'

Egon
Same old patter....
Egon
Same old patter....
Egon

Where did it say I put a bet on?
One minute you're saying I'm a clairvoyant now I'm a gambler?

2nd division here we come unfortunately but hey, we'll have a cracking new shop for our trouble.

If you can't see what's fucked up about that then god help you.

Well, you seem to think you have a penchant for forecasting the future, so anybody with that gift should certainly make it pay at the bookies shop, surely? Of course, you got it wrong last week, so I guess maybe you think you might get it wrong this week too, Mr 100% East Fife my arse!

Re: Our j

Jesus wept.

If I were a gambler.

Which part of that doesn't register in your tiny mind?

Really not sure you have a point to make here kid. You're confusing yourself a tad.

Egon
Jesus wept.

If I were a gambler.

Really not sure you have a point to make here kid. You're confusing yourself a tad.

The point I'm making is you have already made one wrong prediction, but feel able to make another cast iron one. I suppose if you keep on making speculative definite predictions, you will get one right eventually mind!

Egon
Bizzle
Egon
Same old patter....
Egon

Bizzle, come back when your voice breaks eh. I'm 100% East Fife. Just don't think the club feel the same way about the suffering supporters. Not unless you think a shop outweighs a decent team'
nice try at an insult muppet but im no kid! I agree with you that the new shop and café are not needed.could be spent better elsewhere

Same old patter....
Egon
Jesus wept.

If I were a gambler.

The point I'm making is you have already made one wrong prediction, but feel able to make another cast iron one. I suppose if you keep on making speculative definite predictions, you will get one right eventually mind!

We'll excuse me for getting a prediction wrong. Seems I don't have mystic powers after all.
I think you need to read posts thoroughly mate. All this cast iron nonsense is in your head.

Bizzle, apologies

Deadly
Only a chance

Out of interest, who are the junior players on trial?

Two boys from Kelty trialed in reserves keeper n midfield don't know the names not interested if that's where he wants to go for players.

Egon

We'll excuse me for getting a prediction wrong. Seems I don't have mystic powers after all.
I think you need to read posts thoroughly mate. All this cast iron nonsense is in your head.

Egon

Our Destiny

So what is that and this?

Egon

Is it code for meaning something else like?

Same old Patter same old shite mair like.
Gee it a rest will ye. Borin cnut.

pie muncher
Same old Patter same old shite mair like.
Gee it a rest will ye. Borin cnut.

That's the first o' the hard men oot noo!

Keeper from Kelty is called Fleming and I believe he has played for Scotland juniors. We have picked up 2 players from local amateurs so a couple of juniors might work out.

Newby
Keeper from Kelty is called Fleming and I believe he has played for Scotland juniors. We have picked up 2 players from local amateurs so a couple of juniors might work out.

Fleming's brother was the Dunfermline 'keeper about 4 seasons back.
He played for Rovers as a trialist in the Ramsdens QF in 2012/13 against Plastic Whistle as McGurn was suspended and Laidlaw injured.
It was a difficult game to pass comment on him as our defence fell to pieces in the 2nd half.
He's not overly young though.

Thanks for that DysartLino. Your right he is no spring chicken but then goalkeepers tend to mature late on.

Why can't people SEE we need a shop / café or an other avenue to create revenue . The money made from this can be used to invest in the club / team .

A Club shop selling only East Fife merchandise will not make money week on week whether it is a portacabin or brick build. A Sports shop selling football boots, trainers etc has more chance of success as there are no Sports shops in the area. The club have a chance to capture the local football market if it is done properly.

My point mate is , we need to be an outlet for selling . Either café / shop , selling to make profit for investment , for the board to re-invest in the club / team .

mr305
Why can't people SEE we need a shop / café or an other avenue to create revenue . The money made from this can be used to invest in the club / team .
if the café was open outwith footballing hours for the surrounding businesses that have sprung up around new bayview, it could pull in a fair bit of business for the club.i don't like lee murray but restaraunts are his bread and butter.

Bizzle
mr305
if the café was open outwith footballing hours for the surrounding businesses that have sprung up around new bayview, it could pull in a fair bit of business for the club.i don't like lee murray but restaraunts are his bread and butter.

So u don't like lee Murray? You know him? Have u met him? I don't have to meet you to know that idon't like you!, fanny.

nice childish retort there fifey well done for that.yes I have spoken several timesto him and not his greatest fan.however that wasn't the point of the comment...read again youl see I praised him, FANNY!

We are going down.

Fact!

After watching the team tonight all I can say hello leauge 2.
I doubt we will turn this around at bayview, I can't bear to go there on saturday and it's depressing of a ground aswell to witness relegation.
With that performances tonight there's no chance, we can't pass, can't keep clean sheets or find the net.
I want next season to come, FACT.

Ps herd clyde taking 3 buses, not good. I fear the worst!

I need a god like Billy Brown to see this out but he's at Tynecastle so no hope