Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
play offs

when are the play offs and are we at home or away for 1st leg?

Re: play offs

hopeful!!
when are the play offs and are we at home or away for 1st leg?

1st leg - Wednesday v.s Clyde (AWAY)
2nd leg - Saturday v.s Clyde (HOME)

That snookers me then getting hair done for POTY dance wont be there

Cazza

Only a girl...

next saturday

Cazza

Cancel the dance. No player of the year worth celebrating to be honest.

+1

Jeek
Cazza

Cancel the dance. No player of the year worth celebrating to be honest.

Player of the Year: Graeme McKay

Young Player of the Year (Well, newcomer anyway): Stephen Mill

Old (Very) Player of the Year: Jim Corstorphine

Well done guys on your efforts this season. If we could get it so right ON the park we'd be at the other end of the table.

What if we get passed clyde is the draw already made regards home game etc ?

I might take a wee run along the Fife Riviera next Saturday afternoon to see what all the fuss is about - depending on the 1st leg result on Wednesday.
Unless, of course, Stranraer give the Pars a bleaching on Wed night, in which case I'll be at East End Park to watch them suffer.

Jim Moffat Jr

I'm (almost) sure I read on the spfl website that we'd be away first again then home on the Saturday.

KotS
Jim Moffat Jr

I'm (almost) sure I read on the spfl website that we'd be away first again then home on the Saturday.

If we get past Clyde we will be at home on the Tues/Wed then away on the Sunday to winners of Annan v Stirling

Bayviewboy
KotS
Jim Moffat Jr

If we get past Clyde we will be at home on the Tues/Wed then away on the Sunday to winners of Annan v Stirling

Here is the text from the SPFL site.

In both the Championship and League 1 play-off finals, the club occupying the highest league position at the end of the season will play the second leg of the final at home.

All the above dates are provisional and subject to TV selections.

In other words , I think EF would be at home for the second game.
A lot of football to be played first however.

Read more at http://spfl.co.uk/news/article/play-off-dates/#6hf2HF67DuilMmoF.99
Read more at http://spfl.co.uk/news/article/play-off-dates/#6hf2HF67DuilMmoF.99

Jim Moffat Jr

there is absolutely no reason whatsoever to think we'll beat Clyde ss we are quite frankly rank rotten in all departments. Sadly that is a fact.

On speaking with Chester Snaveley last night it sounds like there is not a lot of positivity emanating from the fans regarding the play offs.

Although sickened by losing my season long bet on you lot being bottom I'll take some satisfaction on actually witnessing you being relegated.

Come on ye Clyde

sickened by losing my season long bet on you lot being bottom.

[/quote]

delighted with this, twat

Levenmouth Rover's pleasure in our predicament is still better than being patronised by him.This no doubt will be the next stage.Sooner this sorry season is over the better.Never easy being an East Fife fan but the last 2 seasons have been utter dross.

Levenmouth Rover
On speaking with Chester Snaveley last night it sounds like there is not a lot of positivity emanating from the fans regarding the play offs.

Although sickened by losing my season long bet on you lot being bottom I'll take some satisfaction on actually witnessing you being relegated.

Come on ye Clyde

There wasn't a lot of positivity of us getting a play off spot, but we did!

Any chance of you scanning and posting your bet receipt mate?

Mon the FIFE!

All three Fife teams involved in the play-offs are at home next Saturday. I quite fancy going to one of them.
But which one?
Sell it to me.

Dysart Lino
All three Fife teams involved in the play-offs are at home next Saturday. I quite fancy going to one of them.
But which one?
Sell it to me.

I think you'd fit in great at Central Park. Go for it.

KotS
Dysart Lino
But which one?
Sell it to me.

I think you'd fit in great at Central Park. Go for it.

Agreed, as you can still wear the same gear you use to go to your usual cesspit.

Levenmouth Rover

Come on ye Clyde

With as many as 4 teams better than raith coming into the championship what month do you think you'll be relegated - March or February ?

Largo Bay Fifer
Levenmouth Rover

Come on ye Clyde

There wasn't a lot of positivity of us getting a play off spot, but we did!

Any chance of you scanning and posting your bet receipt mate?

Mon the FIFE!

What about showing us this betting receipt LR? C'mon now, you know you want to!

Noisy Crossbar
Levenmouth Rover

Come on ye Clyde

With as many as 4 teams better than raith coming into the championship what month do you think you'll be relegated - March or February ?

What 4 teams are they then, considering we have already beaten the top 2 in your league and lost to hearts on a penalty shoot out with 10 men where's your evidence? And at that the worst we have played in 2/3seasons, Don't worry we Will be fine but will east fife

See you there๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽ‰

Superjoe
Noisy Crossbar
Levenmouth Rover

Come on ye Clyde

Don't worry we Will be fine

Noted - let's revisit and see how "fine" you've done this time next year.