Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
thank christ ............

mcmanus,linn and deuchar never came back to haunt us,

thought this was a stick on

hope we can re-group an get stuck in to these play-offs,

Re: thank christ ............

Why? Is it so important that this shambles of a squad survive to struggle away at the bottom of this division again next season?

hopefully survive then have a clearout.

How can you have a clear out when there signing what's there and trying out older Junior players, no youth no reserves club fucked taking on coaches that turn decent player into pants etc ...

Only a chance
How can you have a clear out when there signing what's there and trying out older Junior players, no youth no reserves club fucked taking on coaches that turn decent player into pants etc ...

Are you the guy who is friends with the youth team keeper?

Fife10
Only a chance

Nope, but seriously if you can't see it like everyone else, the club is feked, Paterson was doing ok until This boy came in, now making simple errors ? They have a chance are they good enough I don't think so The saviour Buchanan yeh whatever he's pump always has been. Still no youth no reserves but you do have poor manager poor club no direction.

Only a chance
Fife10
Only a chance

Nope, but seriously if you can't see it like everyone else, the club is feked, Paterson was doing ok until This boy came in, now making simple errors ? They have a chance are they good enough I don't think so The saviour Buchanan yeh whatever he's pump always has been. Still no youth no reserves but you do have poor manager poor club no direction.

Have to agree with this I'm afraid.
With each passing week it becomes more apparent that we have a shambles behind the scenes. Just who the hell is running this club and making the big decisions?
If it's Lee Murray then I'm sorry but he's being very short sighted.
Looking like the Naysmith appointment was a poor one given what I've seen so far and does bayview really need a new shop?
Things not looking too good at East Fife FC and you all have every right to be concerned for the future. I am.

So over to you Mr Murray but tell me this....

Is your legacy going to be sending this club to the dark murky depths of Scottish football and a 25k shop?

Personally I think you are full of it.

The appointment of Naismith was obviously keeping up the East Fife tradition of going with the 'cheap option'. I think Gary Bollan has applied for the job a few times. To me experience is what was / is needed. The last experienced manager we had was John Robertson. He took us to the quarter final of the league cup and we just missed the playoffs at the right end on the last day. Aitchison will still be getting paid by the club as there wont have been the funds to pay him off. Thankfully his contract will soon be up. However, I was and still am up for giving Naismith a chance as this is not his team. The club has been a shambles for years and this season, from the 'takeover' onwards, has been a complete embarrassment. Amateur from top to bottom. All the fans want is to be proud of their club. If we're realistic, where should we be in Scottish football? Personally, i think we should be at least on a par or above Cowdenbeath, Alloa, Dumbarton, Hamilton, Morton and everyone else in leagues 1 and 2. Sadly we're A farce.

Not at all convinced with Naysmith. He's had ample opportunity to stamp his mark on this team yet week after week it continually gets worse. On paper we still have some decent players. It's about getting the best from them. He isn't doing this and his body language at games speaks volumes in my opinion.
Won't matter as we will be relegated and deservedly so.

There is absolute to nothing to be optimistic about. This once fine club is regressing by the week and if true about youth policy and trialling junior players then god help us. All the signs are there that the club is in financial meltdown which doesn't bode we'll for signing decent players and fulfilling Murrays vision of championship football does it?

Fantasy land our cloud cuckoo land you decide but more and more people are giving up and walking away which goes against the first objective of this so called "revolution".

All very sad to be honest.

Down with Brown

There is absolute to nothing to be optimistic about.

Piss off then. Last season & this season have both been horrendous & it's been a tough time to keep faith. With Murray & Naysmith in charge I am quite optimistic about turning out fortunes around whether in League 1 or League 2, I actually think we'll win the playoffs & stay in the division, however if we do go down & I've said it before, it won't be the end of the world & if anything will give us a better chance to rebuild.

1 step back. 2 steps forward.

The history of East Fife over the past 25 years has actually been one step forward, two steps back. This season has been no exception.

I believe Lee Murray and the current board do have the best interests of the club at heart but they are really presiding over a trend that has seen the club continue to decline in relation to mid ranking peers like Raith, Hamilton, Falkirk and Queen of the South. QoS are in fact the sort of club that East Fife could have become, a consistent tier 2 club able to regularly compete with the teams I've just mentioned. Unfortunately that chance was passed up when Jim Baxter got cold feet over Steve Archibald and we have forever since been a bit part player forever pissing around between the bottom two leagues seemingly going nowhere while the even the likes of Dumbarton thrive at a higher level.

Will things ever get any better? We have been promised this but even if we survive the play-offs is anybody going to be convinced that things will be any better next season?

The club is a mess. The board don't know what their doing imo.

The new board took over and tried to make the difference, but it didn't work out that way. One mistake is that they read AFTN, just like the previous board, and acted to keep certain fans happy, resulting in another poor season.

The best thing for the board to do is to ignore the rants from those who are forever moaning about every god-dam thing they can latch on to and take the hit attendance wise, if some of them choose not to go and 'support' the team.

It has been one season the new board has been in place and no one can surely deny that there was definitely an effort by them to improve the clubs lot. I say they need more time and with the lessons learnt from the past season, go into next season with a more professional policy to put the club on a more stable footing on the park. Far too many personnel changes last season led to our demise. We need a smaller squad with decent players who can compliment each other and once we get consistency, the team can still play in the same style if injuries hit. Obviously, in a style that is competitive and gets good results.

Terracing Now!
The history of East Fife over the past 25 years has actually been one step forward, two steps back. This season has been no exception.

I believe Lee Murray and the current board do have the best interests of the club at heart but they are really presiding over a trend that has seen the club continue to decline in relation to mid ranking peers like Raith, Hamilton, Falkirk and Queen of the South. QoS are in fact the sort of club that East Fife could have become, a consistent tier 2 club able to regularly compete with the teams I've just mentioned. Unfortunately that chance was passed up when Jim Baxter got cold feet over Steve Archibald and we have forever since been a bit part player forever pissing around between the bottom two leagues seemingly going nowhere while the even the likes of Dumbarton thrive at a higher level.

Will things ever get any better? We have been promised this but even if we survive the play-offs is anybody going to be convinced that things will be any better next season?

Totally agree with what you are saying, but it was Danskin that fell out, got cold feet with and then got rid of Archibald, Archigod was actually Baxter's going away present for us before he retired!!!

Andrew Miller
Down with Brown

Piss off then. Last season & this season have both been horrendous & it's been a tough time to keep faith. With Murray & Naysmith in charge I am quite optimistic about turning out fortunes around whether in League 1 or League 2, I actually think we'll win the playoffs & stay in the division, however if we do go down & I've said it before, it won't be the end of the world & if anything will give us a better chance to rebuild.

i think you`ll find the past 4 seasons have been horrendous you little arsewipe.

2 steps back, 1 forward if we`re lucky.

Down with Brown
Andrew Miller
Down with Brown

i think you`ll find the past 4 seasons have been horrendous you little arsewipe.

Last four seasons.

2009-2010 7th
2010-2011 5th
2011-2012 6th
2012-2013 8th

Check your facts.
Down with Brown
Andrew Miller
Down with Brown

Last four seasons.

2009-2010 7th
2010-2011 5th
2011-2012 6th
2012-2013 8th

Check your facts Check your facts
2012/2013 EF finished 9th - Remember we were in the play-offs!!

King Kebab
Terracing Now!

Totally agree with what you are saying, but it was Danskin that fell out, got cold feet with and then got rid of Archibald, Archigod was actually Baxter's going away present for us before he retired!!!

Cheers for that, who did what and when does tend blur when you're getting on a bit. But Danskin, yes it all makes sense now!

sammy
Check your facts.
Down with Brown
Andrew Miller
Down with Brown

Last four seasons.

2009-2010 7th
2010-2011 5th
2011-2012 6th
2012-2013 8th

Check your facts Check your facts
2012/2013 EF finished 9th - Remember we were in the play-offs!!

Typo.

Danskin,what a guy.The man that put us in a shit ground,gave us Jimmy Bone and ti top it all,gave us Derek Broon!!!!!!!!!!