Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
East Fife V Clyde

The usual prices for admission will apply for the play off game against Clyde on Saturday, 10th May as follows -

Season Tickets are not valid.

Adult = £13

60 and over = £10

Child = £5

80 and over concessions will still apply.

Parent and child tickets as usual

Kick Off at 2pm

Re: East Fife V Clyde

This will not go down well.

Pretty poor if this is true. Board should be trying to get as many people through the gates as possible. After the season we have had these prices are certainly not going to entice people to go on Saturday.

sammy
The usual prices for admission will apply for the play off game against Clyde on Saturday, 10th May as follows -

Season Tickets are not valid.

Adult = £13

60 and over = £10

Child = £5

80 and over concessions will still apply.

Parent and child tickets as usual

Kick Off at 2pm

What a shower of moaning arseholes some of you folk are! The club as laid on free transport for Wednesday nights game & you want reduced admission on Saturday too! Unfucking believable!

The club are putting on free buses for Wednesday. Its a bit much to also expect big discounts for Saturday.

If we can get to the final, then I'm sure the club plan to help with buses for the second leg so that we have a huge support.

The board cant do everything. We don't have some middle east oil tycoon bankrolling the club. What we do have is local guys trying their best. Please support them

If we reduce the prices the club will lose money. It makes no financial sense.

Good point, hadn't thought of that! Hopefully get a good result on Wednesday night and that should bring the punters in on Saturday!

Yes reducing the game price for Saturday doesn't make financial sense but what if the result on Wednesday isn'tt good, then£13 for Saturday is financial suicide. You have got to weigh up all the possibilities before making these decisions. Also a bit of compensation for season ticket holders for sufferance above and beyond the call of duty wouldn't go amiss.

2pm kick off - any particular reason for this rather than the norm ?

Yes. Player of the year function same night cos we didn't think we would be in the mire on this date, or perhaps it was thought we would have been outright relegated?????????

What a bunch of moaning fuckers you want everything for fuck all . The club are giving yous a free bus and yous still fucking moan.

zak
What a bunch of moaning fuckers you want everything for fuck all . The club are giving yous a free bus and yous still fucking moan.

What appalling grammar.

pat
zak

What appalling grammar.

I know I should not have put an (s)at the end of you

They could have paid me to go to Clyde and I still couldn't make it as I'm working. They could have reduced the admission price for play offs to compensate for the pure shit we've witnessed this season. It's an extra home game anyway, bonus money if you like. Hopefully we're still in the tie come Saturday. Mon the Fife.

Jimbob
The club are putting on free buses for Wednesday. Its a bit much to also expect big discounts for Saturday.

Maybe so but running free buses to a game the club makes fuck all on from the gate receipts?.You look after your home supporters first and foremost

(Maybe so but running free buses to a game the club makes fuck all on from the gate receipts?.You look after your home supporters first and foremost[/quote])

I think the gate money is split 50-50 in the play offs,sure it was in the paper on monday as its different from prem/championship where its split 25-25 and the other 50% goes towards the parachute payment system for relegation.

DPH
They could have paid me to go to Clyde and I still couldn't make it as I'm working. They could have reduced the admission price for play offs to compensate for the pure shit we've witnessed this season. It's an extra home game anyway, bonus money if you like. Hopefully we're still in the tie come Saturday. Mon the Fife.

It can't be looked at as a bonus game. The club now has to pay the players an extra 2 weeks wages so the gate receipts are massively needed.

DPH

Come on EF board, cancel the free bus's and reduce the admission prices on Saturday so DPH can take advantage of that.

The board should consult DPH first before any free or reduced offers are made in future. They are way out of order offering free transport when DPH is working!

In fact, why don't the people using the free transport have a collection so that DPH can get in for nothing on Saturday.

It's no fair :(
DPH

Come on EF board, cancel the free bus's and reduce the admission prices on Saturday so DPH can take advantage of that.

The board should consult DPH first before any free or reduced offers are made in future. They are way out of order offering free transport when DPH is working!

In fact, why don't the people using the free transport have a collection so that DPH can get in for nothing on Saturday.
You are hilarious! Let me know how the whip round goes and i'll see you Saturday.

Am workin anaw,so if hes getting a whip roond ,kid ye hay wan fer me anaw.

?

(Maybe so but running free buses to a game the club makes fuck all on from the gate receipts?.You look after your home supporters first and foremost
)

I think the gate money is split 50-50 in the play offs,sure it was in the paper on monday as its different from prem/championship where its split 25-25 and the other 50% goes towards the parachute payment system for relegation.[/quote]

Believe the split is 50% to The home club and 50% to the SPFL so get nothing from the game at Clyde

Man city are comeing to Dundee in July hmm I wunder if we play them

Colin h
Man city are comeing to Dundee in July hmm I wunder if we play them

Well I did hear Pelligrini say that beating East Fife at Methil is the last great challenge for him in football so I would say its very likely.

We need to keep it tight on Saturday - I'd hate to see us get relegated on the away goals rule

Also - just checked my season book and there's no game 19 voucher - do we just show the book at the turnstile or something?

I have a bad feeling about tomorrow let's hope it's not true and it's going to be tight going into this game 1 nill down and the lack of keeping clean sheets worries me as a fan. Let's get behind the team tomorrow eh

Noisy Crossbar
We need to keep it tight on Saturday - I'd hate to see us get relegated on the away goals rule

Also - just checked my season book and there's no game 19 voucher - do we just show the book at the turnstile or something?

No!! We put our hands in our pockets.
Season Tickets NOT valid.

The rather large marquee is situated in the Home Car Park ie Sea End Substantially reducing the number of car park spaces.

Noisy Crossbar

Away goals do not count as double in the play-offs. If we win 2-1 on Saturday (2-2 AG), it goes to extra-time and then pens.

ef
Noisy Crossbar

Away goals do not count as double in the play-offs. If we win 2-1 on Saturday (2-2 AG), it goes to extra-time and then pens.

Cheers ..... Seems a bit unfair getting relegated on pens. If it's a draw they should do it on head to head record.

Noisey_Crossbar
ef
Noisy Crossbar

Cheers ..... Seems a bit unfair getting relegated on pens. If it's a draw they should do it on head to head record.

Seriously head to head how does that work when it would be 1 win each in play offs and if you hadn't noticed as yet they played in different league so unbelievably haven't played each other this season. Although that's about the standard of EF.

sammy
The rather large marquee is situated in the Home Car Park ie Sea End Substantially reducing the number of car park spaces.

You mean the new club shop?

Noisey_Crossbar
ef
Noisy Crossbar

You mean all-time head to head records?

Well overall it's incredibly close, all competitive matches Clyde wins 28, EF wins 27, Draws 27. But if we take just league matches it's EF 26 wins, Clyde 25 wins, 27 draws.

We have been well matched over the decades. But as this is a league competition we would edge it and that would be good enough for me!