Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Clyde v East Fife (1st Leg)

Half Time Clyde 1 - 0 East Fife

Re: Clyde v East Fife (1st Leg)

No mention on the BBC site. Try this:
http://www.flashscore.com/

Result
Clyde 1 - 0 East Fife

many thanks for the link - it was the only way I could keep updated, I've no idea how they played but 1-0 will do me!

Mo probs. Me neither but we still have a chance!

Listen to you lot, fans' and team ambitions alike

Beat 1-0 from fucking Clyde and I see "I'll take that"

Yes – it’s called an opinion – we all have them….

We would have a chance of staying up if we knew where the next goal might come from, if we were capable of scoring twice in one game, if we hadn't lost five games in a row, if we knew what it feels like to win three games in a row, and if the manager had not run out of ideas a month ago. Selections and tactics have become random acts. His inexperience is just what we didn't need. Clyde are very very average but that's all you need to beat East Fife.

First half was disgusting. Second half slightly better but deserved to get beat. Is Naysmith the man to take us forward?

No he is not.

Sad tonight pure cack, shite wank. Only Stevie Campbell and Lewis Barr seemed hungry for the challenge. Wtf are we telling the boys to lump it to Liam for ! Fucking mental will be there again Saturday with crossed fingers but we need a real change in approach. Clyde are beatable.

Utter shit, nervous start from the kick off and clyde look more a team that was gonna score and they did when they beat keeper and player on the line and we did have chances couldn't put them in the net. Tactics we played kevin smith upfront with buchanan when he's better off right midfield where mckenzie was and use his pace on the wings and why has fash been on the bench yet again, stoney in central midfield all he did was shout at players but made mistakes himself and others we just couldn't make passes and finally clyde deserved it more ill be lucky if ill be there on saturday we look relegated. With us not keeping a clean sheet I doubt we will score twice in one game...I now wishing for next season to come quick but seems we look down and did well to finish 9th and play-offs too much for these players that's my view.

A season to forget.

BT
Sad tonight pure cack, shite wank. Only Stevie Campbell and Lewis Barr seemed hungry for the challenge. Wtf are we telling the boys to lump it to Liam for ! Fucking mental will be there again Saturday with crossed fingers but we need a real change in approach. Clyde are beatable.

I think we'll just have to accept that the club will have go down the youth route, develop young players that may actually give shit and spend s few seasons in the bottom league regrouping. Because it's clear to me that signing journeymen pros who are just going through the motions just doesn't work unless you have a manager that can motivate, knows his way around a league like this and knows how to get the better of clubs like Clyde. Naysmith does not have any of those qualities it is clear. He may, may, be able to fashion a young team that will play for him next season but I see nothing so far to inspire any confidence that he is man to get out of this predicament or indeed get us out of League 2 at the first attempt. He has been in the job nearly six months so he has lots of time to show us what he can do but has patently failed to show that he's up to the job.

Mind you those bloody useless lumps who call themselves footballers have let him down big style and they should be fucking ashamed of themselves.

Last night was my first game in a while, what with work and general malaise. Thought the first half was appalling - Clyde seemed to have a zip and a fight about them which we completely lacked. No real tracking back, no going in for 50-50s, Joe Mbu constantly being gubbed in the air, and obviously the defending for the goal was laughable.

Second half was an improvement - thought Fash, as always, looked committed and provided something different when he came on - a class above his outfield team-mates last night. The fact that Saturday's kick off has been brought forward an hour for the player of the year party is embarrassing - they should hold that in a phone box for all of 5 minutes.

I don't think this is the worst East Fife team I've seen - the 2004-05 vintage in particular was pretty bad (that 0-0 in the Cup against Dunfermline being the exception) - but it's not a long way off.

We are only 1-0 down with the second leg at home to come. You would think there would be some optimism about our chances but I have yet to see or hear anyone that thinks we have the capability to score twice and not concede at the other end.

My god I hope we can do it, though there is a part of me that thinks let's just get this whole sorry season over and done with and that the execution when it comes is swift.

I attended the match on Wednesday with Fat Doug and I have comments to make.

(disclaimer: I know very little about football and it is the first time I have seen E*st F*fe this season)

I, erm, didn't think the Fife were that bad! Sorry.

This is a play-off match and Clyde were the home team. You can't expect to have walked this tie. Clyde seemed to be playing some sort of 4-2-4 formation in the first half, playing long balls to a speedy front line and they did create some good chances, but you'd expect this from a home team.

East Fife lost a very scrappy goal and deserved to go in at half time 0-1, but there was a transformation and it took a wonder save from a fantastic McBride/Johnstone move. There were a couple of other moves in the second half that had Clyde in trouble, but as with all teams on a slump, there was no (cliche alert!) rub of the green.

It's too easy to choose your least favourite player each season and moan away each game, but football is a team game. I read about you wanting players with passion and I thought Stoney ran his socks off, but he is a player singled out for not having the required skill? You can't have it both ways in the lower divisions. I expected him to get some positive comments after the game.

Another comment would be, with the squad size it is, do you not think some players are playing well out with their comfort zone, in positions they are not confident with?

If the fans get behind the team on Saturday (after witnessing Clyde's nerves in the second half) I reckon E*st F*fe will definitely win. It's going to happen.

More jonathan on aftn please!

Bruce Mitchell
More jonathan on aftn please!

Took E*st F*fe to win in 90 minutes @ 17/20! Booyah!