Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Methil Fanatics

The result was pish I must say but the singing and atmosphere was well done, enjoyed myself. Well done to the lads who were in that corner. The players just didn't have any spirit or fight in them, disgraceful

Re: Methil Fanatics

However, smoke bombs we're let off under the stand at the end of the game which is disgraceful. Good atmosphere tho

Fat Doug
However, smoke bombs we're let off under the stand at the end of the game which is disgraceful. Good atmosphere tho

The club should ban the idiot, someone should speak up and name them, no one spoke up after the Brechin game.

Why do you think that? The lads were just trying to set an atmosphere, it doesn't exactly hurt anybody? In my opinion I like what these lads were doing, you don't see no one else in the crowd doing any of that. I didn't see one person join in with them, so good on you guys I'll say. They didn't set the smoke bomb off in the middle of everyone and they didn't hurt anybody so stop complaining

Smoke bombs are ILLEGAL at football grounds.If one of you wee fuds had been caught you would have been arrested.The club could still be fined for this incident.Why do you think you are being a great supporter by potentially taking money off the,aready cash strapped club you are supposed to love.Also how are you creating an atmosphere by setting of a smoke bomb after the game has ended?If the club do get fined,I hope the bill is sent to the wee neds mum and dad as I believe the names of those involved have been passed on!

I don't think clyde fc will worry about fining us, they got their result and the stadium wasn't damaged unlike what celtic done to Fir park. Though they are not allowed to be use at grounds I think we can forget and move on.
I will be worried what will happen on saturday if we are relegated and Billy Brown has returned scene

Bulls scored one
I don't think clyde fc will worry about fining us, they got their result and the stadium wasn't damaged unlike what celtic done to Fir park. Though they are not allowed to be use at grounds I think we can forget and move on.
I will be worried what will happen on saturday if we are relegated and Billy Brown has returned scene

It wasn't the first time, they did the same at Brechin. It will happen again and again, the club will get bad press, maybe fined and won't stop until it is nipped in the bud. If it isn't, then further grief will occur as they move onto something else to piss everybody else off.

Don't waste your time and money on smoke bombs. Apart from being illegal, you're going to end up hurting someone. Some old boy might choke. Some young asthmatic kid might be standing to close - then you'd have serious trouble.

If you guys are really serious about creating an atmosphere, singing section etc, focus your time and energy on making tifos. Card displays, banners. A ream of card holds approx 500 sheets. 2 reams will more than cover enough for a tifo card display in our end. Go on YouTube and look at Dortmund and Copenhagen tifos for inspiration. I'm sure the club will let you in in the morning to place cards under the seats to set up the display.

The drum has to go. At least until someone learns how to keep a beat. It really is sickening. A set of maracas would be much better.

As a member of the green brigade, I encourage the boys to continue to do what they are doing. So all you faggots must get a grip, the drum must stay. Although pyrotechnics are illegal I believe it does bring a great atmosphere as it shows the boys passion for club. Another thing pyro is only illegal if you get caught. And don't worry if Celtic make an appearance at bayview then you's will see a pyro show! Fuck the queen and stay green boys keep up the good work.

As a member of the union bears i would like to say well done to the young lads in the corner at clyde last night, after seeing all the abusive comments above i dont think its acceptable, yous should all get behind the young lads and create a great atmosphere around bayview, i think they should keep the drum as the tube above says get rid of it!

#NOPYRONOPARTY

Ftq
As a member of the green brigade, I encourage the boys to continue to do what they are doing. So all you faggots must get a grip, the drum must stay. Although pyrotechnics are illegal I believe it does bring a great atmosphere as it shows the boys passion for club. Another thing pyro is only illegal if you get caught. And don't worry if Celtic make an appearance at bayview then you's will see a pyro show! Fuck the queen and stay green boys keep up the good work.
. Agreed. #nopyronoparty

The section should be called the B+G. (the black+Gold)

Oh the B+G, oh the B+G.

The drum + vanzuela's should stay, everyone is crying out to make an atmosphere at bayview so why stop this its worked at every away game so far you must be mad.

Last night was brilliant, at least from an atmosphere point of view. Bus over was good banter and the corner was bouncing (literally). Shame none of the other supporters joined in. I cannot understand why people are so negative about people trying to create an atmosphere, the best crowds in the world don't sit and say nothing or act like they are out for Sunday lunch (which is exactly what Bayview is like these days), they sing, jump, DRUM etc. If people don't like singing and noise don't go to football matches! Scottish football is bad enough without people trying to take away what little atmosphere there is left.

On a side note, smoke bombs are for idiots, thankfully it wasn't let off during the game but it's not big and it's not clever!

The corner was bouncing and I don't see why nobody even made the effort to sit closer. Me and the little bro will be there with drums on Saturday, anybody who cares to join in or complain please do so

the member of the B + G
The section should be called the B+G. (the black+Gold)

Oh the B+G, oh the B+G.

The drum + vanzuela's should stay, everyone is crying out to make an atmosphere at bayview so why stop this its worked at every away game so far you must be mad.

"its worked at every away game so far" - hence all the victories, not! Maybe in between the drumming and smoke bombs, when the players and manager were being subjected to vitriol from the self same revellers, the smoke bombs and drumming went unnoticed? I witnessed it at Airdrie by the way (no smoke bombs there though, probably because the stewards were closely watching them!

Agree I like the drum but not the smoke bombs smoke bombs shound be band for football it's not sale it can hurt someone

Everyone is making such a big fuss about us young ones with the drum, we all went along to create an atmosphere and get behind the team, yet nobody joined in? On saturday lets all get behind the team and try get everyone to have a sing along

The drum has to go? There was three there that's how there was no beat. But saying it has to go was a shite say. Saying someone may have choked or whatever did you not notice they put them off near nobody, so they were thinking about others... If they set it off during the game you's would have still moaned. Cards and banners? Making a display at bayview, you must be kidding no one will do it. Also that has been a thought but due to all the boring cunts that's why it hasn't been done

Don't ban the drum but ban the smoke bombs is some idiot going to let one off at the player of the year dance.thats if the idiot goes.

The fans in the corner, like everyone else, got behind the team right from the start. The only problem was not the drums but the fact that the garbage on the park couldn`t even react and raise their game to try and get a result.
As soon as Clyde scored, it was understandable that the fans backing dropped.

Chance after chance this team has had and here we are, facing another game more in hope than expectation.

Why would anyone want to set one off at the player of the year dance anyways. Also you keep saying idiot, who knows if it was one person it may have been more than one

MF14
Cards and banners? Making a display at bayview, you must be kidding no one will do it. Also that has been a thought but due to all the boring cunts that's why it hasn't been done

Aye. Cards and banners. Old bed sheets and emulsion. What's the auld farts got to do with it? You young ones aren't boring c---s, why not do it? Look at the Motherwell Bois for example. Same size of group, some no bad displays. Creates an atmosphere....

Keep it up lads. Like what you're doing apart from the smoke bombs. Only having my say

Going by the typical post in favour of the drum and smoke bombs, it is obvious they don't have one functional brain between the lot of them. You have to be brain dead to withstand all the constant drumming and smoke bombs as well. Keep it going and there will be far more fans lost to East Fife than if these numpties decided not to go because they couldn't senselessly beat a rhythmless drum for 90 minutes.

Only having my say as well!

I see where you are coming from but whenever we do decide to have one person drumming we get people wanting to do it too. So we end up having about 5 different people doing it and the person who is good gets less of a shot. Also two drums at once doesn't help

If we get a small section for saturday that will be good. Just a singing section, but try and attract more fans to join in with us

If I get away from work early enough I'll come down. Some new songs needed though!

I remember one Saturday night
We had young Fash and Johnny Stewart
I remember one Saturday night
We had young Fash and Johnny Stewart

Beng-a-deng
Beng-a-deng

Bayview Choir let's all sing
Tra la la la la
See, Bayview Choir let's all sing
Tra la la la la la
Bayview Choir let's all sing
Tra la la la la
We've got vuvuzelas and a drum
Drum drum

Pretty sure I know how the boys managed to smuggle the offending items into the ground.I spotted one strange looking chap with a huge Jackson 5 style wig on,by my reckoning he could easily have concealed up to a dozen smoke bombs under that barnett.

I believe that's his actual hair not a wig... Getting took a little far don't you think, not like drugs were smuggled anywhere. Personally I have not a clue who set them off, for all I know it wasn't even us

Calm down pal, he knew it was his real hair... it's called a joke haha! Not everyone is having a go at you so stop being so defensive!

I also noticed the chap with the wig. He was a pretty young thing. It wasn't as if the match was a Thriller but if he was wanna be starting something then I would have shown him the way to go.

Look in fairness I do see where you lot are coming from, but you've got to see it from our point of view. There is constant moaning about the shit atmospheres but when we do create a bit of atomsphere you still moan! We won't get rid of the voices we won't get rid of the drum. The smoke bombs on the other had is something we'll discuss! Football without fans is nothing. And fans doesn't include you lot constantly moaning.

Spectator.(1st one)
Going by the typical post in favour of the drum and smoke bombs, it is obvious they don't have one functional brain between the lot of them. You have to be brain dead to withstand all the constant drumming and smoke bombs as well. Keep it going and there will be far more fans lost to East Fife than if these numpties decided not to go because they couldn't senselessly beat a rhythmless drum for 90 minutes.

Only having my say as well!

Granted you are just having your say, like everyone is entitled to, but are you saying you would rather have no atmosphere at all? At least people are trying to encourage others to sing or join in in someway. Bayview used to have a good atmosphere when we were doing well in the old 3rd division. Just because we are not doing so well now it doesn't mean we can't still try and have a good time and get behind the team. Sitting with a deadly silence is probably just as bad for the players, morale wise, as being heckled. Even if we can't get a reaction from our lads it might make Clyde a bit more nervous if there's plenty of positive noise coming from our end.

Let's get behind the team again on Saturday and cheer them home to the final!

I could not agree more! It is being taken a little too serious though

I guess everyone doesn't like this B+G we have got running up about time we had a section and some atmosphere in the ground and backing East Fife. The drum should be kept least they ain't moaning at the team but they have witness dross week in week out and they still keep it going so keep it up am sure many will join in and attract new supporters in to support east fife again doesn't matter how poor our stadium is those lads are doing a grand job

toon man
I guess everyone doesn't like this B+G we have got running up about time we had a section and some atmosphere in the ground and backing East Fife. The drum should be kept least they ain't moaning at the team but they have witness dross week in week out and they still keep it going so keep it up am sure many will join in and attract new supporters in to support east fife again doesn't matter how poor our stadium is those lads are doing a grand job

Thank you

Just read Christian`s post,thats Bad!Heard the boy was called Ben,had to Doctor my Eyes when I clocked the wig.Ah well,smoke bombs or not come the next game,I`ll be There.

The boy with the wig did look very cool and sauve I have to say. However what nobody noticed was that a female steward was hit by the smoke bomb. Her name badge had Annie on it so I repeatedly said to her Annie are you ok, are you ok Annie , Annie are you ok, are you ok Annie.....you've been hit by, a smooth criminal. Thought I was being a concerned adult but she just told me to Beat It!

Don`t know about smuggling smoke bombs,but a big afro has always been a bird puller for me.Met a girl on holiday a few years ago,two weeks of bliss,then it was Farewell my Summer Love.

I had a similar experience at Butlins when I was younger. Met a girl called Diana, she was a right slapper. She hated it when I called her Dirty Diana. I was falling for her big style but she wasn't too keen and when I told her I Just Can't Stop Loving You, she told me to just Leave Me Alone. I protested and told her It Was The Way You Make Me Feel but she still didn't want me. That experience changed me as a person as I was only a boy then but when I got home and looked at myself, I saw a Man in the Mirror.

Fuckin` hell Phil you`re needin` tae get tae yur work!!!!!

Phil Lynott
I had a similar experience at Butlins when I was younger. Met a girl called Diana, she was a right slapper. She hated it when I called her Dirty Diana. I was falling for her big style but she wasn't too keen and when I told her I Just Can't Stop Loving You, she told me to just Leave Me Alone. I protested and told her It Was The Way You Make Me Feel but she still didn't want me. That experience changed me as a person as I was only a boy then but when I got home and looked at myself, I saw a Man in the Mirror.

Didn't you notice the people behind you in the mirror our Phil? Yep, the Boys Are back in Town with that Thin chick Lizzy, so it is, let me tell you now!

So sea end corner on Saturday boys

btw there was talk of a smoke bomb going off at half time on Wednesday, just saying

Stand Banger
btw there was talk of a smoke bomb going off at half time on Wednesday, just saying

Shut it you wee snitch.

Pie

BTW there was no smoke bomb at the game it was the environmental health trying to dispose of the remaining rank pies those plastic weenies were trying to pedal to us. They deserve a whipping on Saturday just for the poor standard of pie. Oh and boys in the corner did well drums etc probably want to stick to the football songs though . Get yer tits out for the lads lead by the wee boy, funny as it was probably isn't what we should be encouraging. Kim Duffy is a wank is far better. Mon the fife, Fash for a hatrick tomorrow

BT
Fash for a hatrick tomorrow

If he starts then sounds quite right and I thought their pies were crap and over priced on wednesday.

Team for me would be.

Paterson

Durie
Mbu
Campbell
Stoney

Smith
Hughes (if fit)/O'Neill
Barr
McBride

Fash
Buchanan

Bench-Rooney,Cowan,Clarke, O'Neill/hughes,Thom,McKenzie& Inkango.

Bomb Spotter
Pretty sure I know how the boys managed to smuggle the offending items into the ground.I spotted one strange looking chap with a huge Jackson 5 style wig on,by my reckoning he could easily have concealed up to a dozen smoke bombs under that barnett.

I know him from my school, it is his real hair and he had no smoke bombs.

It first glance,a thoucht it wiz a walking micriephone.A hid visions ov oor very own Freddie Mercury,running doon the stairs,lifting him up,un then start"strutting" iz stuff in front o the fife fans ,singing "Don't stop mi noo"

BT
BTW there was no smoke bomb at the game it was the environmental health trying to dispose of the remaining rank pies those plastic weenies were trying to pedal to us. They deserve a whipping on Saturday just for the poor standard of pie. Oh and boys in the corner did well drums etc probably want to stick to the football songs though . Get yer tits out for the lads lead by the wee boy, funny as it was probably isn't what we should be encouraging. Kim Duffy is a wank is far better. Mon the fife, Fash for a hatrick tomorrow

It was a smoke bomb.

Nae shit Sherlock...

Zuperbenjay
It was a smoke bomb.

Do you have any proof of this

pc fifer
Zuperbenjay
It was a smoke bomb.

Do you have any proof of this

Club said that before going on the bus to Stirling.

Fucking sad minority,I remember in the 60's and 70' going to the old Naeview now that was fun,loved every minute getting beat or winning that was an atmosphere.

Fuck off twat

raithman
Fucking sad minority,I remember in the 60's and 70' going to the old Naeview now that was fun,loved every minute getting beat or winning that was an atmosphere.

Raith Rovers - forever in our shadow.

raithman

Look at our throphy cabinet, you will be jealous.

John M
Don't waste your time and money on smoke bombs. Apart from being illegal, you're going to end up hurting someone. Some old boy might choke. Some young asthmatic kid might be standing to close - then you'd have serious trouble.

If you guys are really serious about creating an atmosphere, singing section etc, focus your time and energy on making tifos. Card displays, banners. A ream of card holds approx 500 sheets. 2 reams will more than cover enough for a tifo card display in our end. Go on YouTube and look at Dortmund and Copenhagen tifos for inspiration. I'm sure the club will let you in in the morning to place cards under the seats to set up the display.

The drum has to go. At least until someone learns how to keep a beat. It really is sickening. A set of maracas would be much better.

Maracas are too quiet.

Must be difficult, when you haven\\\'t beaten your biggest rivals for the last 26 years. That\\\'s almost two generations who\\\'ve never witnessed it. Truly embarrassing.

Nademania
Must be difficult, when you haven\\\\\\\'t beaten your biggest rivals for the last 26 years. That\\\\\\\'s almost two generations who\\\\\\\'ve never witnessed it. Truly embarrassing.

Yeah. We know we are shit - so what?

Nademania
Must be difficult, when you haven\\\\\\\'t beaten your biggest rivals for the last 26 years. That\\\\\\\'s almost two generations who\\\\\\\'ve never witnessed it. Truly embarrassing.

I think you will find the last time we played Raith Rovers we DID beat them, at Bayview albeit it being a friendly(no rivalry is friendly)so come back with another one mate.

Nademania

Raith Rovers, forever in our shadow.

fifer
Nademania
Must be difficult, when you haven\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t beaten your biggest rivals for the last 26 years. That\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'s almost two generations who\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'ve never witnessed it. Truly embarrassing.

I think you will find the last time we played Raith Rovers we DID beat them, at Bayview albeit it being a friendly(no rivalry is friendly)so come back with another one mate.

Okay, you keep trying to tally non-competitive games as important. This is probably East Fife's biggest achievement in the past 25 years. Meanwhile, we're off as Fife's Premier Club and winning national trophies, something which East Fife have yet to achieve in this millennium.

Any East Fife fan who thinks Wraith live in our shadow is either under 18 or pretty fucking stupid.
We are Fifes wee diddy club and need to face up to that fact as we'll never address it.

Listen to the negative comment, half of the Fife fans are negative. Okay we maybe are shite but it's not going to get any better by always coming out with negative comments, more positive comments and it might actually give the players a boost, they then might think we want to see them play football win or lose

Hey Nademania, try telling Celtic their European Cup win or Telling Aberdeen their European Cup Winners Cup win doesn't count cos it was not in this millennium or within the last 25 years ya fud