Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Falconer

Never seen the laddy play,however he has signed on for 2 years,and is the only striker likly to be at the club next season.We've tried every other striker this season apart from him.Is he worth ago on Saturday,even for the last 30 mins or so,if things,as i suspect,are going pear shaped.Thoughts please.

Re: Falconer

If true then should not be risked until next season but looks a promising young striker to keep hold of and we have now have a defender, two midfielders and two strikers going into pre-season next season. I wonder if we will get a much experience keeper in the summer that can keep a clean sheet.

& rummors has it on P&b we might well sign Lewis Coult? Could be true with us signing Cowan & McKenzie from his former club.

& rummors has it on P&b we might well sign Lewis Coult? Could be true with us signing Cowan & McKenzie from his former club.[/quote]

Oh christ, I hope not. Would keep Cowan if we can. I think he's a better RB than Durie.

enfifer
Never seen the laddy play,however he has signed on for 2 years,and is the only striker likly to be at the club next season.We've tried every other striker this season apart from him.Is he worth ago on Saturday,even for the last 30 mins or so,if things,as i suspect,are going pear shaped.Thoughts please.

Fash has signed on for next season

Heard the Coult rumour from a few sources. Tall boy up front that can run and score goals. Good signing if true.

Coult would be a rubbish signing. Gary Bolan doesn't rate him, and given Airdrie's rapid rise under his management one can only assume he is a good judge of player.

Seen Falconer a few times at 19s and reserves IMO not quite their yet. I think he will be out on loan at least for half the season game time. Not gonna get it at EF. Same as Rooney has to go on loan to get experience in the nets or will fester on the bench. The other lads have had some experience now so hopefully will push on.
On Coult I would say no but the manager has his own ideas Jonny Stewart for instance, poor players continues to be thereabouts.

John M
Heard the Coult rumour from a few sources. Tall boy up front that can run and score goals. Good signing if true.

Yeah could do with height upfront, we lack at attacking corners and score from crosses into the opposite box been the story all season though the odd header from Campbell mind you but not enough upfront and was amazing at Cowden but has flopped massively at airdrie I dunno if the pitch conditions are a factor to players form but certain need height in this team. He could well be great if he does.

Did none of you see Coult sticking it right up the East Fife fans when Airdrie scored their winner three weeks ago? He is not someone I would ever want to see at Bayview. Make no mistake, he is no friend of East Fife.

Lewis loves us just jealous that willie didn't sign him hopefully he gets his dream lifestyle playing for east fife and our fans. Who would you choose him or Pat Clarke? Seems to me he looks a lad with hungier and passion but now needs to get his carrier back to the days he scored 15 goals again and a club. So I'm guessing your no risking him above poster that's a shame.

whit???
Did none of you see Coult sticking it right up the East Fife fans when Airdrie scored their winner three weeks ago? He is not someone I would ever want to see at Bayview. Make no mistake, he is no friend of East Fife.

Is it any wonder, wi the abuse (bants) we were giving him?! You harrass a sub for 90 minutes and his team score the winner, he's going to over do the celebrations in front of you! Aye? Get him signed. If he's pish, it'll be nothing new. If he bangs the goals in, great.

whit???

Sounds like someone with a bit of passion something conspicuously lacking at Bayview these days. Get him signed!

John M
whit???

Is it any wonder, wi the abuse (bants) we were giving him?! You harrass a sub for 90 minutes and his team score the winner, he's going to over do the celebrations in front of you! Aye? Get him signed. If he's pish, it'll be nothing new. If he bangs the goals in, great.

WE?? You mean the small section of EF fans with the wee boy and a .... DRUM!

It was them that he was directing his celebrations at. The same ones that Bobby Linn gestured to at Bayview while playing for EF, never mind an opposition player.

Spectator.
John M
whit???

WE?? You mean the small section of EF fans with the wee boy and a .... DRUM!

It was them that he was directing his celebrations at. The same ones that Bobby Linn gestured to at Bayview while playing for EF, never mind an opposition player.

You really need to lighten up mate! It's called a bit of banter and if Coult was that upset at the abuse he was getting then im sure he wouldn't be telling people on Twitter that he would sign for us.
And it was also a completely different section that Bobby Linn had a go at after the cowden game

Stenny have told the "beast" that he can find himself another club.A guy we love to hate,however he could do a job for us, no matter what league were in next season.

enfifer
Stenny have told the "beast" that he can find himself another club.A guy we love to hate,however he could do a job for us, no matter what league were in next season.

If you have to kick your way out of League 2 then that's fine by me. The spirit of '03 is what we'll need next season. That, and load of big hard guys is the way forward.