Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
player of year dance

Just home from the dance,I can on honestly say it is the worst I have ever been too.The players were fantanstic,the meal was garbage what happenend to the wine and lee murray let me down big style,I will never be back at bayview as along as he is anything to do with the club ,it was all about rangers the speakers just talked rangers the auction was rangers and he was a prick at the end.

Re: player of year dance

Jist him fi ma work Zak.It wiz fuckin pish,however a made £50 + whilst you spent £50 +.Hope yer jist in a huff puff un hope ti see ye it Bayview in a weeks time pal.

enfifer
Jist him fi ma work Zak.It wiz fuckin pish,however a made £50 + whilst you spent £50 +.Hope yer jist in a huff puff un hope ti see ye it Bayview in a weeks time pal.

Not in a huff just been pissed off with our arse of a chairman so called East Fife man

I hope you reconsider Zak - east fife are your club.

If this is true then Lee Murray should be ashamed o himself. Fuck Rangers or whatever they are called these days.

Zak...you ARE east Fife

Zak,so sad to hear this but remember East Fife is more than just one person.Hope you will be back next season, its in the blood Once a Fifer always a Fifer.

What exactly went on? Was it just a Rangers fest?

Absolutely nothing wrong last night except maybe the auction went on too long! There were a number of auction items that were Rzngers based but I thought Gordon Smith did very well not to talk about his time at Rangers too much! Neither David Tanner nor George McNeill even mentioned Rangers! At one of the last tables to be served the food which was excellent& plentiful.
Very enjoyable night that will be even bigger & better next year. No one I spoke to was downbeat about the night

Hmmm!

Looks like it’s time for the annual “it’s all about me” Thread from Zak, you know the ones where he states;

“That’s it, I’m finished, I’ll never be back as long as …. (insert name of relevant Chairman/Board person/Receptionist/Programme Seller here) is at the Club”

What follows is then reams of shite along the lines of “Come back Zak”, “We can’t go on without you Zak”, “You are Mr East Fife, Zak”. Last year it was Davie Hamilton and now it appears to be Lee’s turn and I can personally do without it.

Zak appears to have sighted fault at the event where in reality, there was none. Granted it was a bit experimental with the surroundings and cuisine and perhaps, unsurprisingly, with the Season that we have just had, the party atmosphere wasn’t that of welcoming returning cup heroes, but it was ok and as other posters have said there was certainly no “Rangers” bias to any of the events.

I think perhaps Zak was viewing the events through drink and his Green tinted glasses, but to claim and attempt to start rumours Zak, just because your nose is out of joint for some reason is both wrong and damaging.

Grow a fucking pair Zak, if you have an issue with Lee then go and see him and discuss it with him, but please don’t come on hear hoping to get your hurt feelings or bruised ego rubbed… again!

And a bit of advice mate, don’t post whilst pished, it can only lead to regret!

Me
Absolutely nothing wrong last night except maybe the auction went on too long! There were a number of auction items that were Rzngers based but I thought Gordon Smith did very well not to talk about his time at Rangers too much! Neither David Tanner nor George McNeill even mentioned Rangers! At one of the last tables to be served the food which was excellent& plentiful.
Very enjoyable night that will be even bigger & better next year. No one I spoke to was downbeat about the night

This. ^^

Zak think your in a bit of a minority mate yes there seemed to be a bit of an over run on the auction which delayed the band however they played till 2am so I am led to believe for no further cost (good on them) and as for the meal being terrible I can say mine was lovely and I do find your statement a wee bit strange considering some at your table went up TWICE and filled there plates before some of the other tables had even been served!!!!!!!! Couldn't have really been that bad then could it. I think it's a wee case of the pished bloke talking pish when drunk but hey ho that's just my observation

Like Zak,shit night.

Zak is entitled to have his say, just as you are. It's not Zak's fault that some people went for seconds, what was he supposed to do about that?
Some people enjoyed it and some people didn't, I know I enjoyed it.

Who actually won the awards?

("Just to let you know that the POTY dance will be held on 10th May 7.00pm -1.00am. It will be EFFC in conjuction with EFSC. It is going to be a 200 seater marquee on the park and will be tables of 8 plus either 1 player and director or 2 players at each table. It is going to be a three course meal with wine also there will be 2 spit roasts. The evening is going to be hosted by David Tanner of Skysports and hopefully another celebrity, there will also be a band, raffle prizes and auction (which there is a lot of good products).
The cost of this one off event will be £50/head, i know this sounds expensive but it is something that we are not going to get again.
If anyone is interested and they cant afford to pay all at once i am doing a pay up scheme,if anyone is interested a £10 non-refundable deposit is due to secure your ticket. If you would like to attend this exciting event come and see me on Sat at the Dunfermline game and i would be happy to speak to you. Can we please get as much supporters to attend as we possibly can and show our support.")

The above email was sent to EFSC members about the POTY dance which turned into a POTY Dinner. The 3 course meal with hog roast turned out to be a 2 course hog roast with small buffet and a dessert. The wine with the meal turned out to be a glass of fizzy stuff on arrival (none with the meal). The speakers had no connection with East Fife and went on a bit long, as did the auction which did not include any East Fife memorabilia. By the time the band came on most of the players had gone so none of the lovely ladies got to dance with their favourite player.

If I had known beforehand that it was going to be a sportsmans dinner instead of a POTY Dance I would not have paid £50.00 to go.

Academy POTY Stonie
Trust POTY Stevie Campbell
1938 POTY Liam Buchanan
Players POTY Greg Paterson
Top scorer Liam Buchanan
SC young POTY Ross Brown
SC POTY Liam Buchanan

Think that's them all

Oh & loss of virginity award to Dylan Rooney! ;-)

Hi all I thought I would just put my bit on here as well.

After receiving many texts and a few calls yesterday and now being (almost) fully sober I thought I would let people hear the other side of the coin. Having known young Zak for many years I have every respect for his opinion on the night, however, as another poster has said I do beleive he may be in the minority as over 90% of the people I have spoken to both on the night and as I say yesterday have congratulated the sc and the club on an excellent evening. Yes I do understand people were annoyed at how long the auction went on for and I fully agree as I was one of them, and yes I may be biased here (with my wife organising the food side) but to say the meal was terrible I think is a little unjustified, maybe not everyones cup of tea, but a little harsh which could also be damaging for the business she is part of with comments like that!

As for the players I thought they were excellent as they were told they only had to stay until the trophys were presented but opted to stay a long while after due to them enjoying this so much how many previous poty do's have we attended where players all sat together them left at the earliest oppertunity.
I know for a fact that a someone at the event actually recd a personal message from one of the players who sat at there table thanking them for such good company and an enjoyable evening..........WHEN has that EVER happened before.

So yes some negative comments which will be taken on board and we can learn from BUT I personnaly think many more positive comments have come out of this but as someone else has said EVERYONE is entitled to there own opinion.

Again from the supporters club I would like to thank EVERYONE who attended the event.

Thanks c'mon the Fife for wed!!

That's all very well Paul(mini) but it doesn't explain the differences between what we were told we would get in the email from the supporters club and what we got on the night

Second helpings nice reply you have failed to acknowledge ANY of the positives from the evening and therefore looked to be one of the VERY few who just wanted to blatantly shoot the evening down in flames.

I do agree with what was posted to members may have varied however with time constraints on the night and costs involved a two course was felt better (if you are complaining about £50 u would have flipped had 3 course been put on! Lol) also as the event was meant to be held on the park it was decided that a champagne reception should be provided on the way out the tunnel to a red carpet for effect for obvious reasons this was not held on the park as u may have noticed, but you will have to take that point up with the team as to why this was not the case. This was in place of the wine on the table but I can assure you cost just as much!!

What you have failed to mention was that also in said email we state that David tanner and possibly another celebrity would be there so to have a further 2 does that mean you are complaining about the EXTRA things as well???

As I read on many posts on here you cannot please everyone every time and I am sorry for that but honestly if you wish to have an input into any event of that size in the future PLEASE come to the sc AGM next Thursday and get yourself onboard as the effort, time and stress to put something that size on is incredible things were changing right up to 6pm on Saturday night so if few things were not what you read on an email a few months ago then sorry from me or introduce yourself and I will apologise in person if it makes you feel better.

Paul Munro (aka Mini)

What you have failed to mention was that also in said email we state that David tanner and possibly another celebrity would be there so to have a further 2 does that mean you are complaining about the EXTRA things as well???

That is one of the points I made about the speakers dragging on, we could have done without the extra 2 and had a bit more of the band for dancing to.

Second helpings
Paul Munro (aka Mini)

That is one of the points I made about the speakers dragging on, we could have done without the extra 2 and had a bit more of the band for dancing to.

I completely agree on this point

zak
Just home from the dance,I can on honestly say it is the worst I have ever been too.The players were fantanstic,the meal was garbage what happenend to the wine and lee murray let me down big style,I will never be back at bayview as along as he is anything to do with the club ,it was all about rangers the speakers just talked rangers the auction was rangers and he was a prick at the end.

Moan, moan, moan. That's all you ever fucking do. The club lays on a POTY event but it isn't good enough for you. What the fuck do you expect for fifty notes? The fucking Ritz? Nothing is ever good enough for you is it?

Good to know the players enjoyed the evening and stayed on when they could have sloped off home. At previous events they've shot out the door as quickly as possible could this be that they didn't particularly enjoy each others company.

I seriously can't believe that there are people moaning and complaining about this event! LOL!

Lighten up people, c'mon!

This is AFTN man... remember? The anti-East Fife forum as it has become over the last few years. No reflection on the actual site itself, purely down to the internet trolls that have hi-jacked it.