Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Players

Any news on players leaving/joining?

Re: Players

See Nade has been released by Dundee and goalkeeper Mark Ridgers has been let go by Hearts

Wouldn't have thought that any business would be done while play offs were still going on. Players would want to know which league they will be playing in!

Cr

Don't think there will be much news on these fronts until we know which league we will be playing in. Possible signings may come if we stay up but not if we go down. Next week at the earliest I would imagine.

Bayviewboy
Cr

Don't think there will be much news on these fronts until we know which league we will be playing in. Possible signings may come if we stay up but not if we go down. Next week at the earliest I would imagine.

Yeah I was thinking that, just seeing if anyone had heard anything.

Newby
See Nade has been released by Dundee and goalkeeper Mark Ridgers has been let go by Hearts

Wouldn't have thought that any business would be done while play offs were still going on. Players would want to know which league they will be playing in!

Thought Ridgers would of been great for hearts in the championship

Heard some of the players had to be pulled apart at Thursday nights training. After performance they put in on Saturday it's a pity they never done it earlier in season . Seem to do the trick !!

Herd we might be signing allan Fleming from Kelty and Lewis Coult from Airdrie but I don't think we will here any player transfers until we know what leauge we are in.

Like to sign Dylan McGowan, Craig Beattie and Mark Ridgers if it's leauge one all very good for championship level but if we are in leauge two I don't think we can attract players like that to sign unless it's a good deal for club and player.

Craig beatties finished

We are all managers arnt we ? Lol .id go for john gemmell who i think has left stenny and clydes john sweeney. Both would do a job regardless of where we are.

we are linked to alan cook from arbroath in todays courier.

wee c

Hes brilliant would happily have him

wee c

Was this the cook that once played for us in the Robbo era?

Cambuslang Fifer
wee c

you are thinking of Andy Cook

mr meldrew (aged 74 and a half)
Cambuslang Fifer
wee c

you are thinking of Andy Cook

I see I thought it was the same player just wondered.