Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Stirling Alb v East Fife 1st Leg

Rooney playing and can anyone explain how Clarke has got the nod over Austin?

Re: Stirling Alb v East Fife 1st Leg

H/T Binos 1 - 0 Fifers

Binos 1-1 East Fife Nathan Austin bullet header.

Crowd trouble at Beath v Dunfies 1-1

Binos 1-2 East Fife Nathan Austin header,yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesssssssssssssss.

F/T Binos 1 - 2 East Fife 2

YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!

2-1 come on fife

YES! I know it's only half time in the tie, but it is promising.

C'mon the Fife!

Well where did that performance come from!! Fantastic display from all!

Dylan looked comfortable and played well. Back 4 were making sure and looked after him, Gary Thom coming in late as sure it said early on that Joe was starting but Gary looked assured. Stonie and Cowan solid and Stevie Campbell was, well, Stevie Campbell. Class!

Ross, Lewis and Pat Clarke held midfield well and Johnny Stewart sat in and broke Stirling down. Mark MacKenzie kept battling up the right and never gave up.

Kevin Smith chased all night and never gave up. Bridie slotted in on the left at half time (Did he get the 1st goal??), Liam came on and did his usual unselfish shift.

Nathan Austin - FANTASTIC!! 2nd goal was a peach and never stopped running and chasing, even giving a ballboy a fright, chasing from 5 yards off the pitch, going around him and winning a ball!!

Tonight's performance was as good as Ibrox in January and all deserve great credit.

Gary - You called it right, changed the formation and Stirling never had a look in 2nd half, although Dylan had a great save!

Only half time but we have given ourselves a great chance!

Oh and not to forget, The Young Team were fantastic from start to finish. Never stopped all night and a behaved and good natured manner, even when the stewards moved them along a bit! No problems and even started a conga!! Its great to see and hear all sections of fans getting right behind the team!!

CMON THE FIFE

The young guys are brilliant , great to see a new generation of fans supporting east fife , hope they keep it up , well done you lot

Young guys supported the team well tonight but please stop the Celtic pish,Just cant get enough,the Poznan and some twat trying to encourage Youll never walk alone.Dont be influenced by part time Celtic oriented dicks,you are East Fife supporters,sing your own songs!!

MMmmmmmm
Young guys supported the team well tonight but please stop the Celtic pish,Just cant get enough,the Poznan and some twat trying to encourage Youll never walk alone.Dont be influenced by part time Celtic oriented dicks,you are East Fife supporters,sing your own songs!!

Great support, great result etc but theres always one who wants to moan. Youve even assumed some of the support were Celtic oriented dicks and where has this thing about "Youll Never Walk Alone" came from? I can most definitely assume you werent part of the hardcore tonight.

Well done lads bring on Sunday! Mon the fife

We looked good first half thought the lads were up for it tonight but there bizzare goal which wasn't a corner I'm sure it was a throw in and gave them a corner and scored. Dylan looked good and will get better, he's been fantastic since his debut and the whole team were brilliant too.
We scored two goals in second half and it changed the game and gives us an advantage for sunday which is great I hope we keep it going.
The fans were brilliant shame they had to get moved to the other end but the stewards didn't have a clue and we outnumbered them and they were brilliant to get behind the team and the players have now thanked them so let's all keep it going on and off the park. #monTheFife

The poznan was great to see it happens at man city not just celtic so why can't we not have that mmmm person?
Bring on sunday sadly can't make it due to crap public transport sunday, gutted i hope we do the bussiness though...anyway off to bed knackered after being at the game

Ticket got! Not popular! Postponed a trip to the in laws abroad for this. PRETTY please...no hiccups on Sunday

So much better last night compared with last Wednesday at Clyde. First half I thought we were better than we were at Broadwood without being massively so. Second half it was like Naysmith had put out a different team. Up for it from the off and didn't give Stirling any time to settle, other than the shaky moments after our second goal had gone in. Fash was excellent when he came on (the Methil David Fairclough) - particularly enjoyed him skinning the ballboy down the left. All three subs played their part very well which must be incredibly satisfying for the manager.

Thought the young boys were great creating a bit of noise - the sitting down because of "health and safety" argument is one that absolutely does my nut in. What harm they were doing I've yet to identify. The gaggle of jobsworth stewards at Forthbank will feel they've made their money I guess.