Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
ultras

What does MF14 stand for? I believe its the name our youngsters have taken upon themselves?

Well done by the way lads.

Re: ultras

Methil fanatics, and 14 because we were formed in 2014

Sounds no bad I was thinking the B+G as black and gold but the MF14 sounds even better and understand the letter and what it actually stands for, let's keep it going for Sunday and into next season too
Well done lads, I hope Lee Murray gives them a standing section area next season at bayview to fit many of these MF14 in.

It's brilliant to actually have the fans on our side too. If we can get the older people to join in also we would be more than happy! We have the same section as we had on Saturday and hopefully we have new faces coming along

Wonderful stuff.

mr meldrew (aged 74 and a half)
What does MF14 stand for? I believe its the name our youngsters have taken upon themselves?

Well done by the way lads.

Methil Fanatics 14.

Fanatics14
It's brilliant to actually have the fans on our side too. If we can get the older people to join in also we would be more than happy! We have the same section as we had on Saturday and hopefully we have new faces coming along

You were obviously too busy being young and not needing the toilet to notice that I was actively involved several times in the East Fife (clap three times) chant.

How about a MF14 (Senior Citizen section)?

Jimbob. Sit down and put yer feet up. I'll pour the cocoa.

Just watched highlights of Albion game. So called ultras not heard until after winning goal, then was just East Fife East Fife drivel. Shoud be called MF60 cause that is where you got the chant from.

Think you need your ears checked then

I only had to turn my hearing aid down once, back in my day the noise from the boys selling macaroon bars was louder. Lets see what yir made of on sunday mf14, keep bouncing even if we go a goal down

The MF14 boys have been brilliant. Keep it up lads.

Are these so called ultras a leftover greasy stain from he two visits you had from newco?

cowdengelly
Are these so called ultras a leftover greasy stain from he two visits you had from newco?

Do you mean the team you won't be playing because of relegation?

I think he must be forgetting how scummy his own fans behaved against the Pars on Wednesday night.

Described as "like something from the 70s" by the radio guys.

Although we do know that Cowden is the town that time forgot. Hence all the Neanderthals that still call it home.

On another note, great to see the enthusiasm from the MF14.

Takes me back to the days in the 80s with all the young guys we had and great to see local interest from guys again.

Keep it going, grow it and bring some life the morgue like atmosphere of home games.

Somewhat surprisingly, there's a lot that can be drawn from the suppoerters' groups in MLS re chants and tifo. The latter is a big thing over here in North America.

Been part of making some of it happen and great fun to be involved in.

Newco: Pars United, Dunfermline are bust.

Troll Hunter who's been relegated,cheerio,cheerio,cheerio.You are the wee team in Fife.Next season the juniors bye,bye,bye.

cowdengelly
Troll Hunter who's been relegated,cheerio,cheerio,cheerio.You are the wee team in Fife.Next season the juniors bye,bye,bye.

Shut up, GTF

We're still no relegated,third division crap.You are the wee team in Fife. Enjoy your away day trips boys.

Thanks for that cowdengelly – a wee bit immature but congratulations to your team.

cowdengelly
We're still no relegated,third division crap.You are the wee team in Fife. Enjoy your away day trips boys.

Yeah, hats off, we are the scum of Fife and you are right. A bit unfair to mock shite like us. We are not worth any team bothering about us to be honest, we make up the numbers and that's about our limit.

cowdengelly

You are right, we are fucking shite and always will be. We will always support them even in the juniors so don't give us a hard time for being total fucking rubbish. We are not good enough to play you so why keep going on about it? You are better than us and next season so will the teams in the second division.

The ultras were a disgrace Yday. I doubt they will be around next season but if they are then fine, but they should at least learn to respect fellow Fife supporters. The waste of a ticket chant was pathetic and the we are going down chant at end was just ridiculous and shows they couldn't give a Fuck about the club. Don't get me wrong, the majority of the time they were great but that ruined it for me.

DPH,not sure if expressing their frustration warrants these comments. At least it was done openly yet the post before yours goes unanswered.
Is anonymous comment from a piece of pond life more acceptable ?
Engaging in conversation may help him out of his life of self harm and low self esteem.

DPH
The ultras were a disgrace Yday. I doubt they will be around next season but if they are then fine, but they should at least learn to respect fellow Fife supporters. The waste of a ticket chant was pathetic and the we are going down chant at end was just ridiculous and shows they couldn't give a Fuck about the club. Don't get me wrong, the majority of the time they were great but that ruined it for me.

Couldn't agree more, for half of them this is there 5th East fife game and it shows with the disrespect for the other fans, going down didn't mean anything to most of them and I would be delighted if they didn't come back next season

They have got a point and they are next generation EF fans so fair play to them. A lot of older EF fans show no respect to the club, the manager, the team and their fellow fans so why have a go at youngsters?

Just to be fair to the young boys, I was sitting in that section and have to say that although I don't agree with the "we're going down" chant, the "you're just a waste of a ticket" one was only directed at those amongst their own group who had given up on the singing!!!

As others have said, they are the next generation of supporters and should be encouraged and blamed by others dissatisfaction, like us all they will learn!!!

MethilGold
DPH

Couldn't agree more, for half of them this is there 5th East fife game and it shows with the disrespect for the other fans, going down didn't mean anything to most of them and I would be delighted if they didn't come back next season

I would say sitting on your bum when your time is battling for league status is a discrace more than anything. What your saying about the 5th game is just a load of shite. Ive been following East Fife for over 10 years and ive had to watch the same shite week in week out bar the league win and a couple of good wins. All the ultras have plans for coming back next season and encourage more people to come along so once again what your saying is shite.

Really refreshing to have a group of young fans supporting their local side instead of the old firm and making a real din while doing it.
Good on them.
I hope it continues into next season.

Sare Heed
MethilGold
DPH

I would say sitting on your bum when your time is battling for league status is a discrace more than anything. What your saying about the 5th game is just a load of shite. Ive been following East Fife for over 10 years and ive had to watch the same shite week in week out bar the league win and a couple of good wins. All the ultras have plans for coming back next season and encourage more people to come along so once again what your saying is shite.

Crack on Sare Heed, you and you're are doing a. Grand job.

King Kebab
Just to be fair to the young boys, I was sitting in that section and have to say that although I don't agree with the "we're going down" chant, the "you're just a waste of a ticket" one was only directed at those amongst their own group who had given up on the singing!!!

As others have said, they are the next generation of supporters and should be encouraged and blamed by others dissatisfaction, like us all they will learn!!!
Certainly wasn't directed at members of their own group, it was directed at others who were sat higher up in stand who didn't sing, do the Poznan or take their shoes off. I reckon they took up the first few rows, the rest were just normal fans like myself. No big deal tho, as I said earlier they were fantastic the majority of the time and it's great to see so many young ones trying to generate a bit of atmosphere but just don't get too carried away and start taking the piss or they will soon lose the praise they have deservedly been given.

We have all been complaining for years that we can't get youngsters interested in watching East Fife and now we have some. We've been moaning for years that New Bayview is a like a morgue, now we have a group of young guys out to support the team make some noise and enjoy themselves and we are still finding something to moan about! As for the we are going down chant, one of the best things about going to our level of matches is the humour in the chants, black or otherwise, and sometimes you have to turn it on yourself, it's not something I would have done, but personally I don't have an issue with it. Hope all the young MF14 guys are back next season to encourage the team to challenge for an early return to League One.

uA
We have all been complaining for years that we can't get youngsters interested in watching East Fife and now we have some. We've been moaning for years that New Bayview is a like a morgue, now we have a group of young guys out to support the team make some noise and enjoy themselves and we are still finding something to moan about! As for the we are going down chant, one of the best things about going to our level of matches is the humour in the chants, black or otherwise, and sometimes you have to turn it on yourself, it's not something I would have done, but personally I don't have an issue with it. Hope all the young MF14 guys are back next season to encourage the team to challenge for an early return to League One.

This!

MF14 are to be commended.

East Fife and the rest of Scottish football need the new blood to keep the clubs going!

Clubs need to play the long game' Under 16 should get in to grounds for £1 and in turn every year when they hit 16 they will still come, paying their adult price and supporting their club.

MF14, keep it up! Bring your pals! Fill the place with you guys!

Top effort! Keep it up!
Keep The Faith!

I was part of that group and I can assure you it wasn't aimed at the back but people right behind us. They came to the game with us and most them sat down and told us to shut up, so sorry if anyone up the back thought it was aimed at them! Also thanks for the positive comments means a lot. The 'we are going down' chant was just to show that if the players didn't go out and fight for it they were getting relegated and its a bit of a 50/50. Some fans didn't mind it and took it as a bit of humour or whatever then another lot were just completely against it. How would you feel if you were on that pitch and it was a must win then the fans start singing 'we are going down'? Would it not make you think about trying that bit harder and upping your game. You can't always be positive, mostly yes but there's times you have to be negative to get a point across

Fanatics14
I was part of that group and I can assure you it wasn't aimed at the back but people right behind us. They came to the game with us and most them sat down and told us to shut up, so sorry if anyone up the back thought it was aimed at them! Also thanks for the positive comments means a lot. The 'we are going down' chant was just to show that if the players didn't go out and fight for it they were getting relegated and its a bit of a 50/50. Some fans didn't mind it and took it as a bit of humour or whatever then another lot were just completely against it. How would you feel if you were on that pitch and it was a must win then the fans start singing 'we are going down'? Would it not make you think about trying that bit harder and upping your game. You can't always be positive, mostly yes but there's times you have to be negative to get a point across

Mibbes aye, but mibbes no tho. Negative chants are not exactly the way to motivate the players, are they. Especially in the final game where they are in desperate need of a goal. If you think they don't care, then negative chants from your own supporters is not going to make them change their mind, is it? Think about it if you were in their shoes, how would you react? The fact is, that they do care, but they just were not good enough on the day as a team.

Fanatics14
I hope to see you's all back at Bayview next season. It's good to see so many youngsters wearing Fife colours and trying to create a bit of atmosphere in that shit stadium we call home. I didn't mean to come across too negative towards the ultras but being more selective about the songs you sing when staring relegation in the face would be wise. All the best lads. Hope to see you's all next season for our assault on basement league.

We've been relegated and it sucks and it hurts - but it's now up to us to turn this into a positive.
Look at Dunfermline, they were relegated, put into administration etc etc but in response their fans got off their backsides and backed them to the hilt.
I think their crowds in League One were higher than when they were in the old First Division.
It's up to us to do the same, play our part, and make sure we recover from this relegation and leap back up to League One.

Hunter
Sare Heed
MethilGold
DPH

Crack on Sare Heed, you and you're are doing a. Grand job.

Big men coming on here and having a go when they didnt say a single thing aboot it at the game. Type of guys who start trouble when there out then Facebook the guys when they get home. Unless you were big enough to comfront a bunch of school bairns then zip it

Exactly, they all complain on this about us but at the games they are like mice and say nothing. Not all of us are school kids though haha!

It's good that the young ones are going to the games and making a noise, it shut the boo boys up I was happy that some of them travelled on the bus they helped to keep the bus going and I hope that they travel on the bus next season and help keep the bus going whoever runs the bus will need them to help fund the bus as it does not run on fresh air.

Not sure whether to believe this or not or the post above as on OFFICIAL site says Joe Mbu has left the club.....HMMMM!!

scot
Not sure whether to believe this or not or the post above as on OFFICIAL site says Joe Mbu has left the club.....HMMMM!!

Check the email address!

The email address is zuperbenjay

Stand Banger hacked my computer and hacked Lee Murray.

But it did not say Since this is your post... when it was just posted.

I did not post anything about Joe Mbu.

Don't care who it was. If it happens again, you won't be posting on here at all.

Thats terrible! some people cant be trusted...

Zuperbenjay
I did not post anything about Joe Mbu.

Set up your own site called Bayview Ultras. Your time has come.