Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Cowdenbeath

Cowden absolutely hammering Dunfermline. Good for them, just shows what can be achieved by a well run small club. Having an experienced manager helps mind.

And what a shame for the Pars, no big pay days for them next season no Rangers, no Hearts, possibly no Hibs, no lino derbies and no TV money. A small crumb of comfort but cheered me up a tiny bit.

Re: Cowdenbeath

You have to hand it to Cowdenbeath. They are a smaller club than us in terms of fanbase but they are light years ahead of us on the playing field. Trips to Tynecastle and Ibrox for them next season, possibly Easter Road too. We though will be off to Annan and Elgin - says it all really

Thank you gentlemen,your good luck wishes are appreciated.

Jimbob
You have to hand it to Cowdenbeath. They are a smaller club than us in terms of fanbase but they are light years ahead of us on the playing field. Trips to Tynecastle and Ibrox for them next season, possibly Easter Road too. We though will be off to Annan and Elgin - says it all really

And England.

Yeah, got to just take it and accept it, we are the fucking lowest of the low and we always will be. There is no point Cowdenbeath fans taking the piss, we're not even worth that. We are the wee team that everyone pities; we are an East of Scotland Albion Rovers - perennial failures and doomed also rans.

Jimbob

They also appear to be light years ahead of the pars as well, and Ayr Utd.

Then we should learn from them because for years now, we ain't got what it takes.

Cowden are bankrolled for about 30k each year by a "local business-man" we do not have that, But what we do have is our own ground. In 2 year time cowden must move from there custom-built shit pit as stock cars have told them to bolt. Not before time IMO a football ground should not double as a racetrack.

Jim moffats love child
Cowden are bankrolled for about 30k each year by a "local business-man" we do not have that, But what we do have is our own ground. In 2 year time cowden must move from there custom-built shit pit as stock cars have told them to bolt. Not before time IMO a football ground should not double as a racetrack.

Why not? If the money generated keeps the club solvent, then it must be a good thing.

Its a good thing that's coming to an end when there lease expires in 2 year.

Not sure who is putting cash into them?? one of findley qc cronies noo doubt but hear they were gonna stop the cash flow if they went down ??

Next season Rangers, Hearts and probably hi-bees, I wish EF had those cash flow problems.

Hunter
Next season Rangers, Hearts and probably hi-bees, I wish EF had those cash flow problems.
Exactly! I doubt Montrose, East Stirling and Elgin will bring decent crowds with them.

DPH
Hunter
Exactly! I doubt Montrose, East Stirling and Elgin will bring decent crowds with them.

And I genuinely fear we will stay in such company and forever be associated with such teams. Can anyone really see us in the 2nd tier within 5 years?

No, don't be silly. We are truly dead in the water as a football club.

Terracing Now!
DPH
Hunter

And I genuinely fear we will stay in such company and forever be associated with such teams. Can anyone really see us in the 2nd tier within 5 years?

No, don't be silly. We are truly dead in the water as a football club.

Dry yer eyes and get a grip!

And I suggest you open yours to the reality of the situation.

The reality is that it was a dreadful season and the fact that we are down speaks for itself. That situation won't change so going forward there is the choice of being negative or positive.
With our poorest team in years we beat and narrowly lost to other play-off teams. To start a new season with that as a negative can only achieve what you want it to achieve. Take it as a positive and something positive can be achieved.
We have a chance to rebuild after a couple of disastrous seasons but what can possibly be achieved by going into a new season with a "we are fu**** for ever outlook. Look back at a couple of Hunter's posts - I think he should be put on suicide watch. Within a few weeks of starting to post this person has us stuck in the bottom league forever,that's if the club survives.

Dunfermline have gone bust, it's now the newco, Pars United FC.

Not The Other Chairman
The reality is that it was a dreadful season and the fact that we are down speaks for itself. That situation won't change so going forward there is the choice of being negative or positive.
With our poorest team in years we beat and narrowly lost to other play-off teams. To start a new season with that as a negative can only achieve what you want it to achieve. Take it as a positive and something positive can be achieved.
We have a chance to rebuild after a couple of disastrous seasons but what can possibly be achieved by going into a new season with a "we are fu**** for ever outlook. Look back at a couple of Hunter's posts - I think he should be put on suicide watch. Within a few weeks of starting to post this person has us stuck in the bottom league forever,that's if the club survives.

I felt suicidal on Sunday now I'm just depressed

By Thursday you will just be a bit grumpy and by next week you will be bouncing with confidence about the new season.

Jim moffats love child

Incorrect - just watch this space.

All the best for next season - i'm still ill from the party on Sunday